How would you Write GvK?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
VOID GHIDORAH
Monsterland Worker

How would you Write GvK?

Post by VOID GHIDORAH »

First off, I absolutely loved GvK. Kong absolutely stole the show, and even though I’m solidly Team Godzilla I found Kong fun and personable.

With that said, I do feel GvK could have been improved.

The basic rules: you need to keep to the basic story beats. Godzilla attacks Apex, Kong is taken into the Hollow Earth, Godzilla attacks the convoy, they find the Atombreaker ax, et. Cetera.

So, how would I redo GvK?

The movie would open with a montage of the Titans and humanity interacting peacefully- we’d see Barb (Muto 3) feeding off of nuclear waste, Methuselah traveling across Russia, Rodan flying by charter planes, and in general not threatening. We’d conclude with Mark and Madison Russel aboard a cruise ship, where Godzilla makes an appearance. He’d be returned to his 2014 appearance, simply because I personally prefer it.

Godzilla roars a bit, sorta showing off to the humans below. We’d see a few people praying to Godzilla, and maybe Mark remarks how the world’s views have changed in the past five years.

Then Godzilla whips his head around, and suddenly begins to use bioluminescence as a threat display. There’s some panic as Godzilla heads towards shore.

The attack on Apex goes largely the same, but without any Atomic Breath. After Godzilla stomps the eye of Mechagodzilla, he’d unleash his own Alpha Call, and we’d get a brief montage of the Titans beginning to grow more cautious, and a bit more hostile as they investigate various cities that hold Apex facilities. There’s quite a bit of destruction, but not nearly as much as when Ghidorah was in charge.

The rest of the plot goes basically the same as the movie, but we get the reveal that Bernie was a Monarch agent dismissed when the organization went public. Maybe some more info on his backstory.

We’d also get some more stuff on Ren, and how he had to plan his mother’s funeral.

When Kong is transported, Godzilla appears in front of the fleet, and he unleashes an Alpha Call in hopes of making Kong bow. The fleet turns their weapons on Godzilla, and we see this from his perspective. Godzilla roars again, before Kong roars back.

Godzilla goes underwater, and then knocks over the barge Kong’s on. The ships then fire on Godzilla, and he decides they’re in league with Kong before attacking. The fight goes mostly the same after this, and concludes the same way.

The plot continues, until the Hollow Earth temple, where we hear about the ancient war from the temple’s murals. We then get a brief flashback from Godzilla’s perspective, and how he was unable to stop a Kong ‘chieftain’ from killing his Alpha (a 300-meter tall Gojiran, named Hades). Godzilla then led the Gojirans to victory against the Kongs, driving them to Skull Island. We later see this same skeleton in the Hollow Earth.

The rest goes pretty much the same, except without Godzilla taking out the bridge when he enters Hong Kong.

What do you think?
Last edited by VOID GHIDORAH on Sun May 23, 2021 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Re: How would you Write GvK?

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Have Godzilla beat kong 5 times, with his arms tied behind his back.

Then he whips and nae naes over Kongs unconscious body
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I’d write it into the ground before eventually dropping the project all together 8-)
For Emperor and Empire!

VOID GHIDORAH
Monsterland Worker

Post by VOID GHIDORAH »

I was looking for a little more seriousness, in all honesty.

No comments on my idea?

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Honestly I think the best thing I could say that would make my draft of GvK better than what we got, is that I'd spend more than five minutes writing it.
And let's be honest, most of GvK's script was "Godzilla beats Kong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and the rest of the time spent on the script after that sentence was doodles of just that, plus MechG.

(Yes, I know that's probably not literally true, but still...)
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Vakanai wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:58 pm And let's be honest, most of GvK's script was "Godzilla beats Kong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and the rest of the time spent on the script after that sentence was doodles of just that, plus MechG.
I don’t know why you have a problem with that, that’s based
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:00 pm
Vakanai wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:58 pm And let's be honest, most of GvK's script was "Godzilla beats Kong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and the rest of the time spent on the script after that sentence was doodles of just that, plus MechG.
I don’t know why you have a problem with that, that’s based
What do you mean by based?

And I think not having a problem with that little effort or care in plotting your movie is the worse alternative to not having a problem with it.
Unless you think I just have a problem with Godzilla winning? In which case you missed my point entirely...
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

VOID GHIDORAH wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:49 pm Then Godzilla whips his head around, and suddenly begins to use bioluminescence as a threat display. There’s some panic as Godzilla heads towards shore.

The attack on Apex goes largely the same, but without any Atomic Breath. After Godzilla stomps the eye of Mechagodzilla, he’d unleash his own Alpha Call, and we’d get a brief montage of the Titans beginning to grow more cautious, and a bit more hostile as they investigate various cities that hold Apex facilities. There’s quite a bit of destruction, but not nearly as much as when Ghidorah was in charge.

The rest of the plot goes basically the same as the movie, but we get the reveal that Bernie was a Monarch agent dismissed when the organization went public. Maybe some more info on his backstory.
I really like this! It would have done a lot to fulfill on KOTM's "Pandora's box cannot be closed" with the Titans roaming about the Earth, alternatively they could have even had Godzilla make them go to sleep after that attack which would give them an onscreen resolution rather then him doing it off-screen before the movie starts.

I have a feeling GVK had more scenes and development for Ren and the others but they were cut during re-shoots and editing

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

VOID GHIDORAH
Monsterland Worker

Post by VOID GHIDORAH »

ROMG4 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:58 am
VOID GHIDORAH wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:49 pm Then Godzilla whips his head around, and suddenly begins to use bioluminescence as a threat display. There’s some panic as Godzilla heads towards shore.

I really like this! It would have done a lot to fulfill on KOTM's "Pandora's box cannot be closed" with the Titans roaming about the Earth, alternatively they could have even had Godzilla make them go to sleep after that attack which would give them an onscreen resolution rather then him doing it off-screen before the movie starts.

I have a feeling GVK had more scenes and development for Ren and the others but they were cut during re-shoots and editing
Thanks! Yeah, I definitely agree with you there. I’m kinda hoping we get an extended cut at some point.

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

Like the OP I also loved GvK but I would definitely tweak a few things. First off, either have Godzilla behave more like Godzilla has in the series so far, or at least give a good explanation as to why he seems more brutal and sadistic. Why is he beaming so much now? I would definitely flesh out the backstory of the ancient war between Godzilla and Kong's species along with developing the characters. Particularly Serizawa. Serizawa was a check that was just not cashed. Finally Mechagodzilla. I would not make the fight so one sided. I know this was probably done to appease the Kong fans by having Godzilla so blatantly owned but it felt out of place. Maybe rewrite it so Mechagodzilla is winning but Godzilla at least does some damage.

Fiender
GPN Volunteer

Post by Fiender »

I like the monsterverse more than I don't, but I would greatly prefer more skill involved in writing the characters and plot.

Keeping the basics of the GvK plot, I'd change the following:

-Make the 'hollow earth' cavities in the crust, not... actually going all the way to the core :P
-Imply or explicitly say the hollow earth isn't natural; either an advanced civilization made it, or it's magic.
-Cut Madison's friend, he added nothing except saying 'Mechagodzilla' :P
-Make Madison's Dad less stupid and more understanding of her 'it's not Godzilla's fault' POV
-It makes more sense for Godzilla to chase the Ghidorah skull, not some random mecha eye, so put the skull in penascola, not the eye.
-Make it more explicit when Ghidorah takes over. The roar changes to basically a midi version of Ghidorah's roar, Madison hears it, flash of horror on her face as she recognizes it.
I was that kid who made bad Godzilla games in RPG Maker and complained when no one paid attention to them :D

muto.knight
Ronin

Post by muto.knight »

-No Mechagodzilla
-Skull Island is still habitable, but the Iwis are wiped out during a Skullcrawler onslaught when King Ghidorah called them
-There will be a fight in Skull Island because i was REALLY disappointed there weren't any in the movie
-After fighting Kong Godzilla will encounter the Titan Skullcrawler and fights her
-Kong will encounter a MUTO couple in the Hollow Earth similar from the 2014 ones instead of the Warbats and fights them
-Houston Brooks will be present when they arrived to the Hollow Earth i mean come on, the one character who studies the Hollow Earth deserves to see it for himself
-Godzilla wins, but just before killing Kong, a new Mothra shows up to stop him (which surprised Godzilla so much he forgets everything about Kong and leaves him, and there would be a cute scene where Godzilla and Mothra walks away together, leaving Kong)
Last edited by muto.knight on Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KaijuKingGojira
Interpol Agent

Post by KaijuKingGojira »

VOID GHIDORAH wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:49 pm First off, I absolutely loved GvK. Kong absolutely stole the show, and even though I’m solidly Team Godzilla I found Kong fun and personable.

The basic rules: you need to keep to the basic story beats. Godzilla attacks Apex, Kong is taken into the Hollow Earth, Godzilla attacks the convoy, they find the Atombreaker ax, et. Cetera.

The movie would open with a montage of the Titans and humanity interacting peacefully- we’d see Barb (Muto 3) feeding off of nuclear waste, Methuselah traveling across Russia, Rodan flying by charter planes, and in general not threatening. We’d conclude with Mark and Madison Russel aboard a cruise ship, where Godzilla makes an appearance. He’d be returned to his 2014 appearance, simply because I personally prefer it.

Godzilla roars a bit, sorta showing off to the humans below. We’d see a few people praying to Godzilla, and maybe Mark remarks how the world’s views have changed in the past five years.

Then Godzilla whips his head around, and suddenly begins to use bioluminescence as a threat display. There’s some panic as Godzilla heads towards shore.

We’d also get some more stuff on Ren, and how he had to plan his mother’s funeral.

When Kong is transported, Godzilla appears in front of the fleet, and he unleashes an Alpha Call in hopes of making Kong bow. The fleet turns their weapons on Godzilla, and we see this from his perspective. Godzilla roars again, before Kong roars back.

Godzilla goes underwater, and then knocks over the barge Kong’s on. The ships then fire on Godzilla, and he decides they’re in league with Kong before attacking. The fight goes mostly the same after this, and concludes the same way.

The plot continues, until the Hollow Earth temple, where we hear about the ancient war from the temple’s murals. We then get a brief flashback from Godzilla’s perspective, and how he was unable to stop a Kong ‘chieftain’ from killing his Alpha (a 300-meter tall Gojiran, named Hades). Godzilla then led the Gojirans to victory against the Kongs, driving them to Skull Island. We later see this same skeleton in the Hollow Earth.

The rest goes pretty much the same, except without Godzilla taking out the bridge when he enters Hong Kong.

What do you think?
Most is really good but changing his appearance back is a no and a Kong killing a goddamn 300m tall Godzilla is terrible haha, like really bad. Otherwise it would all be awesome, especially the peaceful titan scenes in the beginning.

VOID GHIDORAH
Monsterland Worker

Post by VOID GHIDORAH »

KaijuKingGojira wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:09 pm
VOID GHIDORAH wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:49 pm First off, I absolutely loved GvK. Kong absolutely stole the show, and even though I’m solidly Team Godzilla I found Kong fun and personable.

What do you think?
Most is really good but changing his appearance back is a no and a Kong killing a goddamn 300m tall Godzilla is terrible haha, like really bad. Otherwise it would all be awesome, especially the peaceful titan scenes in the beginning.
Thanks for your input! I just think that his 2014 appearance is superior to his later ones. The jagged spines, and longer tail, mesh better with the design.

Also, in the novelization, that’s pretty much what happened. The Gojira was pretty plainly killed by a Kong, possibly multiple, and it’s also absolutely titanic.

It’s quite possible that said Gojira had fought multiple battles without time to recuperate before the final confrontation.

KaijuKingGojira
Interpol Agent

Post by KaijuKingGojira »

VOID GHIDORAH wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:38 pm
KaijuKingGojira wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:09 pm

What do you think?
Thanks for your input! I just think that his 2014 appearance is superior to his later ones. The jagged spines, and longer tail, mesh better with the design.

Also, in the novelization, that’s pretty much what happened. The Gojira was pretty plainly killed by a Kong, possibly multiple, and it’s also absolutely titanic.

It’s quite possible that said Gojira had fought multiple battles without time to recuperate before the final confrontation.
The novel might stage that but the movie contradicts this since the skull is blatantly not a Gojira skull. It’s mammalian, has large fangs and bears literally no resemblance to Godzilla as well as being far larger. Even saying same members of a species have differing features (Tyrannosaurus skulls vary a good deal) they still bear resemblance… that thing ain’t a Godzilla… not in the movie anyway… everything else is great though. Also, I believe Godzilla in this film has gone back to more of a pointy tail as opposed to 2019.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Spoilered cuz it's a long post but here ya go.
Spoiler:
Monarch is building Mechagodzilla in case Godzilla goes missing or turns on humanity, with the help of Apex, a tech company with their hands in everything from online shopping to streaming services. There's something of an unspoken tug-of-war between Apex, who's taking more and more government contracts, and Monarch, who's on the verge of being disbanded after Ghidorah's rampage was stopped by Godzilla, who the government is still afraid of.
Apex begins to use Orca tech to draw Titans out of the woodwork, as well as agitating Godzilla, who kills most of them with increasing viciousness. The world governments turn on Godzilla, making most people constantly on edge for fear of Titan attacks.
Meanwhile, a preservation for Iwi and flora and fauna has been set up in the caverns which lead into the Hollow Earth beneath Skull Island. The surface is uninhabitable due to the climate shift caused by Ghidorah's presence on earth.
The Skullcrawlers have been coming in greater waves, so the plan is to find a way to evacuate what they can through a newly completed Hollow Earth tunnel in the Arctic, using a huge fleet of experimental ships.
In the Arctic sea, Godzilla appears, and the fleet engages. Kong and Godzilla clash, with Kong losing badly. A holographically disguised Mechagodzilla shows up here, battling a weakened Godzilla and destroying most of the ships containing the Iwi and animals, with Godzilla getting kayoed by MG. Kong awakens in time to see MG leaving, flipping the surviving carrier, which limps to land. Kong leads the survivors into the Hollow Earth, where he discovers the axe and his throne room as in the film.
A month later, Monarch is gone, the loss of the Skull Island life deemed their final failure. Kong has made his way back though the entrance to the Hollow Earth under Skull Island, and is ready to kill Godzilla. Godzilla has finally awakened, and heads to Tokyo, where Apex has set the stage for Godzilla and Mechagodzilla's final showdown.
A few rebellious Monarch scientists and military men hatch a plan to transport Kong to Tokyo to protect it from Godzilla. Godzilla is laying waste to the city looking for Mechagodzilla when Kong drops from the sky swinging on him. They battle through the whole city, with Godzilla finally besting Kong in the ruins of the Diet Building. That's when Mechagodzilla shows up and lays the smackdown on Godzilla, dropping it's disguise in the last moment as an act of ego from Apex, proving in their minds mankind is the ultimate power. Kong sees, figures out Mechagodzilla was his true enemy, and saves Godzilla from Mecha-G's wrath. The two then tag-team Mechagodzilla, with Kong pinning its tail with the axe and holding its mouth open for Godzilla to shoot an atomic beam into. The two exchange gestures of respect for the other, as Godzilla retreats to the sea, and Kong discards the axe at the foot of the Tokyo Tower. Post credits would be Kong settling in with the surviving Iwi in the Hollow Earth, and a team of scientists setting up an experiment to fix the weather damage afflicting the world on a small pacific island called Sollgel, as unbeknownst to them, Godzilla's fins slip through ocean in the distance.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Godzilla2020
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzilla2020 »

I would keep the same main general idea of the movie but I would make some changes.

First of all, lets start with design changes.

Godzilla's head getting shrunk in King Of The Monsters is getting retconed to have had never happened. If I wrote KOTM Ghidorah's heads would be bigger and his necks would have been more robust, like how they are in the posters and in the SH Monster Arts figure. And Godzilla's head getting shrunk would have never happened.

Just to show the head size difference.

KOTM

If Godzilla had kept his original head size, than the comparison with Kong would look more like this:

When Adam said that Godzilla's head looked too small, than he should have just done the retcon. The fact that he didn't was pretty disappointing.

As for Kong, I'll make his fur shaggier and thicker to give off fur armor vibe. And make him a little bulkier. Along with making his general mannerisms more aggressive like his childhood self.

Now on to the plot. The beginning would be largely the same, up until the point when Kong throws the tree javelin. He's notably more agitated. As the scientists discuss about keeping Kong on the island like in the movie so he doesn't come across Godzilla, a large bang is heard. Kong is done with the dome, he merely tolerated it but he is capable of breaking out any time he wants. Now he wants out. As he walks over to a wall, he's throwing some boulders about twice his size like beach balls.

When he gets to the wall, he punches a hole in it and roars, making it clear that he will break through if the massive door isn't opened. To his surprise, the door is opened. So he walks out.

Kong is only leaving Skull Island because of it's depleted resources. That and it's seismic activity is gonna sink the island. He's not afraid of dying in an earthquake, as he can tank those just fine. He just doesn't want to be there to see his childhood home ruined. Kong makes it to Skull Island's beaches, intent on swimming to the Antarctica entrance to the hollow earth. He takes one last look at the island at the beach before preparing to head into the water.

We then cut to Bernie. The Pensacola attack gets a few changes. First of all, Godzilla doesn't flinch at all to the missiles. He ignores most of the jets, only swiping down one that gets too close. The jet that crashes does so after is also gets too close and clips it's wing on one of Godzilla's spines. Most of the rampage is through stomps, kicks, and whiplash tail strikes. He only uses his atomic breath at the end, which thoroughly obliterates the area. We directly see buildings and people get atomized. It also unveils the Mecha Godzilla piece, it was underground and so was Bernie. The apex scientists and security retreated underground when Godzilla was approaching. The next scenes go as usual, with propaganda dogshit network cnn and other news networks internationally report on what happened. Ren is introduced and the hollow earth expedition is prepared.

Also, before I go any further, unpopular opinion. Jia was an unlikable character. This manipulative little bitch nearly got Kong killed 4 times with her filthy manipulations. By the time the movie was over I wanted to give her the Homer Simpson on Bart treatment. Why Kong didn't give her the Packard treatment is an enigma:

Instead I'll have her not wanting Kong to get into fights with other Titans. Being legitimately concerned for him, not being some rancid "friend" who nearly gets him killed multiple times and is shocked when he almost dies one of those times. Instead she'd be legitimately sympathetic and likable.

On Skull Island's shore, Behemoth makes land fall after Kong makes it to the shore. Kong is surprised to have another Titan come around. But Titans where heading here as said at the end of KOTM. Jia looks worried, especially seeing Behemoth's claws. The two kaiju fight, with Behemoth grappling and swiping in a manner very similar to Godzilla. At one point Kong grabs Behemoth's tusks and Behemoth responds with this:
Behemoth is really good at fighting with his tusks, using the to establish distance or gain an advantage in a grapple. When Kong dazes Behemoth with crushing counter punches, he ends the fight by grabbing the now stunned Behemoth by his tusks and pulling a "so long gay Bowser", just without spinning so much.

Behemoth gets up, and Kong squares up again, having had sustained some claw wounds. Behemoth however, shows no signs of hostility and peacefully walks off. It's than figured out that he wasn't fighting to kill, he was fighting to test Kong's strength and give him some experience, satisfied with the strength of his fellow mammalian Titan he swims off.

As Kong swims off, some ships catch up to him when he's slowing down to relax a bit at sea. They keep all their weapon away and have Jia on the bow of the leading aircraft carrier to show that they have no violent intent. Kong hitches a ride on it.

Godzilla arrives and behaves exactly as he does in the movie, just that he ignores missiles and is un phased by them. One big difference being that in this version, Kong isn't dragged underwater until the second half of the fight.

Godzilla climbs aboard and there is the exchange of punch and slap. Godzilla doesn't flinch as much in this version as he does in the movie to the initial punch. It's more like how he did in part 1 of Zimaunt's Godzilla Vs Kong animation. Godzilla's claw swipe draws blood, and he initially looms over Kong, about to step on him to make him submit. Kong jumps up and punches him again and rapidly grabs his tail. He then throws him of the ship while beating his chest. Godzilla wasn't expecting that. But Kong does flinch a little in an "oh, my bad" manner when Godzilla smashes through a few ships. As he didn't intend to get so many people killed.

Godzilla comes back around and capsizes the ship like in the movie. The underwater fight is largely the same, but Godzilla biting Kong's forearm rather than his hand. After screwing around a bit Godzilla drags Kong deeper underwater. Remember the injuries fans speculated about because of the merchandise? Those actually happen here. Godzilla takes a massive bite out of Kong's bicep and sadistically swallows it. He then prepares to finish Kong, but hears the Mecha Godzilla signal again. He then leaves Kong in favor in what he deems to be more pressing matters. Jia initially is stressed as hell, especially when Godzilla dragged Kong underwater, she knows he's aquatic. But she breaks down upon seeing so much blood rise to the surface, and after seeing Godzilla's spines breach the surface. It's also noted how Godzilla wasn't even being half as ferocious here as he was with Ghidorah.

Kong is brought back up with exceedingly strong cranes(MV technology). He regains consciousness and vomits out the water from the moment that he can breath. It's then explained that all titans can regenerate, and we get showings of that and we get flashbacks to Muto Prime regenerating the slash and burn wounds inflicted on her. And Behemoth's fight with Amhuluk where he regrows his severed tusk. Kong heals his arm through out the movie. When faced with the Warbats, his arms isn't entirely healed but he breaks out of the constriction by biting the Warbat's face when it try's to taunt him. The missile barrage does nothing.

In the hollow earth, Kong walks through some lava and climbs sharp obsidian edged cliffs with no damage. Showing how much tougher he's gotten.

The only change that I would make to the Mecha Godzilla demonstration scene is to have the Skullcrawler break down the door to it's containment cell.

The final battle would be longer, and instead of Kong losing the axe so much Godzilla blocks a majority of it's hits with his spines. Godzilla is still just doing a little trolling, but Kong forces him to take him more and more seriously. Kong does bite some more, but the bites are only effective against Godzilla's gills. Godzilla's tail is also shown to be prehensile to an extent, when he wraps it around Kong's torso to hold him in place to fire his atomic breath at point blank range, cue the axe down the throat. This only happens because Kong attempts the tail throw again, Godzilla was expecting it this time.

At one point the HEAV comes out of the hollow earth and is clips against one of Godzilla's spines. Godzilla notices how concerned Kong looks over this, when it crashes into a building. It's not damaged any further on impact with the building though. Godzilla slashes the building in half with his tail without even looking at it. This sends Kong into a berserker rage as he believes that Godzilla just killed his only friend. Something like this:

It's an ability of Kong's species, sort of like Godzilla's critical stress. And with this Kong gains the advantage. Godzilla is notably recoiling from the hits now and mainly on the defensive. He isn't helpless by any means, far from it as he's still throwing around Kong when he gets the chance, but Kong is just ignoring the claw, bit and burn wounds he sustained earlier. Well, it was only one burn but it as a bad one, so it's rather impressive that he can just ignore that.

Before he lands the explosive axe slash, Kong lands the berserker charged swing that wounds Godzilla's chest, stabbing almost to the ribs. After the explosive slash, Godzilla's pissed. He's fighting back and giving his all now, he's not as powerful as he was against Ghidorah, but he's using more energy than he thought he'd have to. And he's pissed and being wounded by Kong, cue the mauling. It's actually worse here than in the movie, and the face to face roar still happens as it does int the movie. Godzilla then leaves Kong to deal with what he thinks to be a single Ghidorah head. When he comes back he expects Kong to bow, or he'll kill him.

Mecha Godzilla appears, Godzilla is understandably pissed at seeing a robotic replica of himself. The fight isn't as one sided as it was in the movie. But Mecha Godzilla is still blatantly winning. Meanwhile Kong gets up and digs through the building rubble, finding the HEAV with half of it gone. Godzilla's tail only grazed it, ripping off the half that it made contact with. Jia is unconscious but alive. But her leg had been smashed.

Now knowing that Godzilla didn't actually kill his friend, and seeing an abomination like a mechanical Titan, Kong jumps into battle and assists Godzilla. They fight side by side against the Mech, with Kong leaving some stab marks with his axe. The axe being capable of absorbing the Proton Scream. Kong draws Mecha Godzilla's attention on him for just long enough for Godzilla to go critical stress mode. Mecha Godzilla dominates the fight with Kong due to his injuries. Godzilla rushes in, taking the would be death blow from the Proton Scream and battling Mecha Godzilla. Now dominating the fight with his increased power, Godzilla finishes the Mech by winning a beam war that goes through Mecha Godzilla, destroying him with an extended blast akin to the HE buster.

Afterward, Godzilla roars at Kong. The roar seemingly lacking aggression, it was simply him saying again to bow. Kong shakily gets to his feet, but refuses to blow. Godzilla just slowly walks up to him. Jia wakes up from her comatose state just i time to see this. She freaks out, seeing Kong's injuries and Godzilla approaching. The adults around her keep her from trying to get up as so she doesn't injure herself more. To everyone's surprise, Godzilla just snorts when he gets close to Kong and walks past him into the ocean. There is a collective sigh of relief, but with the adrenaline gone, Jia actually feels the pain in her maimed leg.

The ending scene is the same, with the only difference being that Jia is in a cast and crutches. She'll recover.

So that's all I would change. Make Jia likable and have some fight edits. What do you guys think?
Last edited by Godzilla2020 on Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.