Toho Aliens: How'd you do them and who'd you use?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

If you were given the option to bring in Toho aliens (or alien-like), who would you use?

Xilians
26%
Simians
17%
M Nebulans
4%
Mysterians
9%
Kilaak
4%
Millennian
4%
Seatopians/Mu
22%
Other
13%

Total votes: 23

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Toho Aliens: How'd you do them and who'd you use?

Post by Desghidorah »

The Monster'verse is getting more and more fantastical, and some have brought up the idea of introducing aliens into the series. Assuming, if such a route was taken, the aliens introduced wouldn't be brand new creations; which Toho race would you like to see make a comeback? While on paper a lot of the Showa aliens are very 'same-face', mostly differing in which monster they used (or lack thereof given everyone and their mother had Ghidorah on speed-dial), a new interpretation could breath some new life into them.
Last edited by Desghidorah on Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: Toho Aliens: How'd you do them and who'd you use?

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

With the hollow earth setting, I'd rather they begin with the ancient civilizations basing them off of the Seatopians.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

I definitely feel like the Seatopians would work the best naturally with the HE's introduction and expansion. Perhaps you could utilize the aspect of them getting angered by the interference in GvK and a growing usage of the energy source by mankind, prompting them to declare war on the surface- great way to make them a foil to both Kong and Godzilla.

For Aliens proper I had an idea once of incorporating the Nebulans as a "scavenger" race that colonizes worlds Ghidorah destroyed or ravaged, with Gigan being a former Titan of their homeworld that got terribly injured, cyber-fied and turned into their main enforcerer when needed.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

I think the Kilaaks mixed with Bilusaludo would be interesting. A true alien race based on minerals that are pure logic and the last remnants of their kind.

Added in 2 minutes 20 seconds:
Dv-218 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:48 am I definitely feel like the Seatopians would work the best naturally with the HE's introduction and expansion. Perhaps you could utilize the aspect of them getting angered by the interference in GvK and a growing usage of the energy source by mankind, prompting them to declare war on the surface- great way to make them a foil to both Kong and Godzilla.

For Aliens proper I had an idea once of incorporating the Nebulans as a "scavenger" race that colonizes worlds Ghidorah destroyed or ravaged, with Gigan being a former Titan of their homeworld that got terribly injured, cyber-fied and turned into their main enforcerer when needed.
Yeah or a race of businessmen out of control. A planet trade if you will. Essentially a mega capitalist feudal society where Nebulans conquer planets and sell them to Nebulan lords

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Fantastic ideas ladies and gents!

I think the Millennian could be terrifying if used right, as their DNA manipulation and technology hacking could make for a potent opposition; almost like a combination of The Thing and Skynet. Perhaps instead of just Orga, one could make a sort of version of the Asuka fortress or Berserk.

But one idea I'd like to kick around, it be giving the Mysterians another whirl. Reason being is one could bring up some pretty unique social issues through them.

The Mysterian craft lands and when some investigate, the ground is disrupted and Moguera emerges, going on the attack. The machine is a gigantic upgrade over the original version. Think Gort from Day the Earth Stood Still for usage, as the machine plows through anything put against it and causes some massive damage. That's when the comatose crew of the ship are revived and the captain calls off Moguera. This is where some sort of meeting between the world governments and Mysterians takes place, and it's revealed the alien's world was more or less destroyed by Ghidorah and their ship is damaged beyond practical repair. They reached Earth and can't leave even if they wanted to (and plenty do). So instead of invaders, they're basically refugees and didn't even expect other sapient life when they got there. This could lead to a bunch of not-easy answers to some questions. Some would want revenge for the damage Moguera caused, and tensions could remain high as the Mysterians refuse to deactivate their only trump card. Wanting to reverse engineer their technology, some governments could petition to either allow the Mysterians to settle there or imprison them in their respective countries. Likewise, some could see the Mysterians are in a bad situation and have done wrong, but aren't all evil and need help; they might be reasonable if worked with, Some Mysterians likewise could be very negative towards these 'backwater primitives' and consider terraforming Earth to suit them, with some others opposing this as this would just be doing to Earth what happened to their home.

Lot of gray vs. gray morality.

And of course, for a finale, could have a fight between Moguera and a titan.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

The xiliens. They're easily the most iconic.

I think it would be a cool story to have a General Zod-esque first contact story where they brain wash the monsters and create a Destroy All Monsters scenario.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

The Simians have always been one of my favorite Toho aliens, so I'd pick them any day. I'd have them be responsible for the rapid advancement in technology and construction of MechaGodzilla, or perhaps a rebuilt MechaGodzilla.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Definitely the Garogans. :D
Last edited by Gojira1604 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I adore all of these ideas, especially Desghidorah and DV's.

I voted the Millenians because they're my fave aliens but the idea I'd like to see come back the most is the scrapped one from the first draft of Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla: aliens who don't want to conquer the Earth for themselves but to sell it and it's resources off to other desperate races after they've taken it over. Feel like that would be a fun twist on the formula and could have some fun black comedy satire.

RIP Evan.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:12 am I adore all of these ideas, especially Desghidorah and DV's.

I voted the Millenians because they're my fave aliens but the idea I'd like to see come back the most is the scrapped one from the first draft of Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla: aliens who don't want to conquer the Earth for themselves but to sell it and it's resources off to other desperate races after they've taken it over. Feel like that would be a fun twist on the formula and could have some fun black comedy satire.
I adore this idea lol. I can almost imagine a plot of some backhanded corporate-centered race trying to sell Earth but immediately failing because of the Titans existing rendering it unprofitable and of lower value, which prompts them to "fix it up" in their own terms.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

The only Toho race that should be put in the Monsterverse is the Seatopians.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Breakdown wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:35 am The Simians have always been one of my favorite Toho aliens, so I'd pick them any day. I'd have them be responsible for the rapid advancement in technology and construction of MechaGodzilla, or perhaps a rebuilt MechaGodzilla.
Hell yeah, preach!
For Emperor and Empire!

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

The Kilaak. Come on, with Gareth Edwards' tease at DAM it would be perfect!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Both Xilians and Seatopians are very good choices for the Monsterverse

Xilians: a Advance Alien race that worship the Ghidorah species as Gods and would do anything to do them

Seatopians: a Homosapien race that inhabitants the Hollow earth and only worship two insects titan, Megalon the Beetle King and Megaguirus the Hornet Queen

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

At this point, I think I'd rather see a Seatopia/Mu-type civilization based in the Hollow Earth. It would be a good way to bring in some political intrigue (so long as it's well done).

It would be the Monsterverse's own version of Wakanda.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Xilians. Update the human sci fi elements to match whatever you want to call modern blockbuster sci fi design, but keep the Xilians an update but faithful adaptation of their retro sci fi design. Would create a really cool aesthetic clash that would signal their otherness. As far as story, I got no clue. But I would like to see an update on the coup subplot of fw just done more interestingly.
He Jock it Made of Steel

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

The Simeons, but unlike the two 1970s Mechagodzilla films did, keep them consistent as humanoid bipedal apes in their appearance (the only major flaw that Terror of Mechagodzilla had when compared to Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla, imo).

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

I think an interesting idea would be the Space Amoeba. The Yog infiltrating bodies of various kinds to of Titans to live off of them. Could be an interesting idea at least.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

I think a compelling twist would be introducing two alien civilizations and Earth being a war zone caught between a galactic political territorial dispute. The Xiliens and Simians have both claimed control over a part of space (that includes our cozy little solar system) for a long time, but eventually the Xiliens accidently escalate by establishing military bases on Mars and Earth when KG's suddenly sending a signal that it's active and then disappears (in KotM). Believing Simians have set up operations on Earth and extinguished KG, The Xiliens send a full complement of ships, prepared for war. Upon this discovery, the Simians immediately show up to reassert their claim as they therefore interpret the move as the Xiliens being the aggressor. Naturally everyone's brought some kaiju-sized weaponry to the party: Xiliens have Gigan and Monster X (which does not transform into a form of Ghidorah). The Simians, however, long ago took another (or the same?) Godzilla's cells and created Spacegodzilla, a truly extraordinary power in itself. Earth is a third party and trying to push both off the planet, with efforts by Godzilla among our only hope.
Last edited by Tohosaurus on Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Garogans? They look the coolest.