What did Godzilla "say" to Kong? - Spoilers. Duh.

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

What did Godzilla "say" to Kong? - Spoilers. Duh.

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

So I imagine a lot of us are on our, at least, second or third (I just finished my 6th...) viewing of GvK. The end, following MG's destruction, there's a brief interaction between Godzilla and Kong that starts off as if round 4 was about to begin. However, you can clearly see Godzilla nod his head to the side. Kong looks taken back, then looks down at the ax and drops it without making a sound. Godzilla then does his typical long, drawn out roar. But it wasn't like the prior roar in Kong's face or even the "victorious, I'm the alpha" roar at the end of KoTM. Godzilla then turns to the sea, leaving Kong in peace and Kong watches as he makes his exit.

So I'm wondering, what do some of ya'll think that interaction was about? What did Godzilla "say" to Kong? Was it a warning, a challenge, a "you're not so bad after all" or even a "thank you"?

My head cannon is leading me to think Godzilla was stating the days of old are gone and the world is now, perhaps, big enough for more than one alpha.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

BoswerLK
Ronin

Re: What did Godzilla "say" to Kong? - Spoilers. Duh.

Post by BoswerLK »

I interpreted it as more

"are you gonna be a problem and get in my way again?"
"...no" *drops axe*
"good enough. you may keep your freedom as long as you don't act against me"

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Based on the headcanon I shared before that Kongs were the agressors in the war.

"So do you wish to continue this fight?"

ax drop

"......hmm. You're not like the others. Good. Now, I can feel better calling you an equal. Farwell, my fellow king. You protect your kingdom, I shall protect mine."

RIP Evan.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Godzilla: "You done?"

*drops ax*

Godzilla:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:22 pm Godzilla: "You done?"

*drops ax*

Godzilla:
This here.

Lock the fucking thread it's done. No one can beat it.

Jaqua92
Interpol Agent

Post by Jaqua92 »

BoswerLK wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:44 pm I interpreted it as more

"are you gonna be a problem and get in my way again?"
"...no" *drops axe*
"good enough. you may keep your freedom as long as you don't act against me"
I think it was more complicated than that. Kong wasn't in his way in the ocean. Godzilla went way out of his way to attack him. However, he was in the way in Hong Kong.

Godzilla was 100% telling Kong to drop the ax. Nothing more. And I'll tell you exactly why this is factual.

When Godzilla does that little nod, it's not a nod. It's a gesture down and to his left. With Kong facing him, axe in right hand...in Godzilla's line of sight, the axe is down and to the left.

Right after that, Kong looks at the axe. Drops it. Godzilla roars twice. If you look closely, you can see that he's looking at the axe during that first roar.

I don't think he was saying "I'll spare you if you don't get in my way"..

I think he was saying..

"I'm done, it's all over. Put the axe down dude"

"Great, thanks"

"I'm out".
Please check out the first battle in the Tohokingdom Monsterverse Battle Thread/Tier project! First battle is Nuke Amped Boston Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31251

System intro below.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=31260&p=1820343#p1820343

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Godzilla: Bring it biiitch

Kong: Nah, it's cool

Godzilla: That's why you never get the girl in the end...

Moral of the story

Simps will NEVER be pimps.
Last edited by goji89 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

"Hey Kong, how's the wife?"

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

It was definitely something threatening about that axe. That axe was made from a member of Godzilla's species so I bet Godzilla was well aware of that and probably takes the existence of it as an insult and an abomination. I also think this is why when Godzilla disarmed Kong earlier on he just through the axe away with his jaws rather than use it as Kong would. I know Godzilla isn't known for using tools and weapons but it does make sense.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

I don't think they "said" anything to each other.

Godzilla just acknowledged Kong's submissive behavior (dropping the axe) and let him be.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Godzilla: Say Uncle.

Kong: :shock:... uncle

Godzilla: Thought so :Godzilla68:
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Godzilla: Drop it or I'll kick your ass all over again.
Kong: This dude ain't kidding, drops the axe.
Godzilla roar1: I accept your defeat.
Godzilla roar2: You ain't too bad yourself monke, till next time.

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

I'm fairly sure it was a "drop the axe or I'll make you drop it" kind of exchange. Kong gives up, Godzilla - "my work here is done, I'm out. You can live since you were smart about it." The end of KotM and the Dominion comic make it clear that Godzilla doesn't want to just kill everyone who comes along. There's few enough of his kind - titans - that he seems to prefer they do their thing in peace, and stay out of his way. The OG Mutos showed no signs of giving up, and were a global menace with their eggs. King Ghidorah was blasting away with gravity beams until the bitter end too. Rodan and Co. in KotM, and Tiamat and others in the comic, realized their place and got to live.

If you look at Kong's face as Godzilla is leaving, that is not the face of an equal who just came to an understanding. Kong looks dejected and defeated. But he submitted and got to leave and live on in peace in his new home. I like to think Kong put his ego and pride aside so he could go back to the home he worked so hard to find.
Last edited by Relair on Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.