Monsterverse Battle Thread Series/Tier Ranking Project: Nuke amped KOTM Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Jaqua92
Interpol Agent

Monsterverse Battle Thread Series/Tier Ranking Project: Nuke amped KOTM Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla

Post by Jaqua92 »

I'm creating a battle series so that the forum can help me create a tier ranking list.

The list will consist of

God Tier
Fire Godzilla

S Tier
A Tier
B Tier
D Tier

Pick which titan wins, and which tier the titans belong in! We will be battling the titans to rank them in each tier. The first battle of this series is:

Godzilla after his Nuke amp in Boston PRIOR to burning mode.

VS

Mechagodzilla

Who wins!?
Please check out the first battle in the Tohokingdom Monsterverse Battle Thread/Tier project! First battle is Nuke Amped Boston Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31251

System intro below.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=31260&p=1820343#p1820343

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Re: Monsterverse Battle Thread Series/Tier Ranking Project: Nuke amped KOTM Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla

Post by plasmabeam »

I'm too on the fence on this one to have a definitive answer! It's a close one.

TriassicTerror
Samurai

Re: Monsterverse Battle Thread Series/Tier Ranking Project: Nuke amped KOTM Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla

Post by TriassicTerror »

I don’t think we have any reason to think a post-KoTM Godzilla is much stronger than he was in that movie. He has scars from fighting Ghidorah but everything else he does can more or less be chalked up to directorial differences. We have no idea what the KoTM skyward blast would’ve done had it hit the ground. For all we know it’d be even more destructive than the Hollow Earth tunnel.

My headcanon on this is as follows.

Burning Godzilla is in your God Tier.

Amped Ghidorah is above Boosted Godzilla but both are S.

Base Ghidorah at full strength after his volcanic regeneration is A. Base Godzilla (KoTM and GvK) is around here too, slightly lower than Ghidorah. Newly awakened Ghidorah is slightly stronger than Base Godzilla but it’s close enough to be a toss-up.

MechaGodzilla is a solid B in my opinion, below both KoTM/GvK Godzilla and Ghidorah. GvK Godzilla is clearly gassed (but not wounded) by the time he gets to MechaGodzilla. I don’t think MechaGodzilla does any serious damage to Godzilla despite the beatdown Goji received so he can’t be that much stronger, he just speedblitzed him. We can safely put tired KoTM/GvK Godzilla at slightly below MechaGodzilla. Finally we come to Kong and newly awakened radiation starved 2014 Godzilla. I think Kong with his axe could give 2014 Godzilla a run for his money but it wouldn’t be easy. The axe honestly didn’t do much to Godzilla despite the perfect strike on his head. 2014 wouldn’t take it so well but that Godzilla was still tanking atomic bombs like they were nothing.

Rodan and Mothra are probably B’s equal to MechaGodzilla in my mind. I think Rodan might be able to tank a proton scream but it’d like hurt Mothra really badly if not kill her outright.

The TL;DR version is that a radiation-charged power boosted Godzilla should tear MechaG apart like wet tissue paper and could probably thrash a troop of Kongs while he’s at it.
Last edited by TriassicTerror on Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Shouldn't something like this be in Fantasy Matches?
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Jaqua92
Interpol Agent

Post by Jaqua92 »

Nathus214 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:55 pm Shouldn't something like this be in Fantasy Matches?
I can post it in there. Didn't know that existed.
Please check out the first battle in the Tohokingdom Monsterverse Battle Thread/Tier project! First battle is Nuke Amped Boston Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31251

System intro below.

airforce111
Interpol Agent

Post by airforce111 »

I think mechaG honestly melts like MGiI melted with burning beam in 1993. i mean, the axe amped on regular breathe was enough to slice through his metal. I think god mode burning amped by mothra Godzilla is the ultra instinct of godzilla forms. But the only thing is it can only initiate when a being like mothra sacrifices itself and reshapes its lifeforce energy to amp up Godzilla, godzilla cant access himself (atleast so far, I have no clue if a director will go back to this and retcon)

Jaqua92
Interpol Agent

Post by Jaqua92 »

I'm asking for acceptance into the fantasy match forum.

I'll start posting the project in there.

System intro below.

Handsome Shrek
G-Grasper

Post by Handsome Shrek »

Godzilla 100%

He was only losing so hard to MechaGodzilla because he was exhausted after his battle with Kong. A fresh, powered-up version of Godzilla would annihilate that motherfucker
-Based AF

-Logically-minded free-thinker

-King of the Monsters is overhated

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

If Godzilla hits his beam on MG it’s over. MG is built for that to not happen.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Jaqua92
Interpol Agent

Post by Jaqua92 »

It seems like people take nuke amped Godzilla. Which tier? S?

If I can't get into the fantasy forum soon, I'll keep posting here.

System intro below.

baran
Ronin

Post by baran »

As someone said above, MG just speed blitzed Godzilla, but none of the hits did anything to him. After the fight, G Man walks away from Kong without a scratch from MG. He doesn't even limp. It's just another Tuesday.

MG's speed could still be a problem for nuke-amped G, but I figure G will eventually land a beam shot or get a solid hit on MG, and it all goes downhill for the machine from there. This particular incarnation of MG is not designed to take hits from Goji.

Jaqua92
Interpol Agent

Post by Jaqua92 »

The thread got more traction here.

Since this is a monsterverse series, I'm going to keep making these threads in this forum. I hope people are okay with this!

System intro below.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The movies don't actually show Godzilla, Supercharged Godzilla and Burnning Godzilla to be that much different from each other.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KaijuKingGojira
Interpol Agent

Post by KaijuKingGojira »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:18 am The movies don't actually show Godzilla, Supercharged Godzilla and Burnning Godzilla to be that much different from each other.
Dude, Burning Godzilla is such a fucking over the top amp in KOTM it isn’t even funny! Supercharged is basically Godzilla with a few shots of adrenaline but burning mode is leagues above!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

FMs for the MV forum only gang be like:
For Emperor and Empire!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

KaijuKingGojira wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:32 am
miguelnuva wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:18 am The movies don't actually show Godzilla, Supercharged Godzilla and Burnning Godzilla to be that much different from each other.
Dude, Burning Godzilla is such a skreeonking over the top amp in KOTM it isn’t even funny! Supercharged is basically Godzilla with a few shots of adrenaline but burning mode is leagues above!
Burning Godzilla simply had an attack that could destroy Ghidorah all at once. Considering how close in power they were and the heat his Burning form was giving off he might not be that much stronger.

Double the power of supercharged Godzilla for example with a better attack.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Jaqua92
Interpol Agent

Post by Jaqua92 »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:30 am
Dude, Burning Godzilla is such a skreeonking over the top amp in KOTM it isn’t even funny! Supercharged is basically Godzilla with a few shots of adrenaline but burning mode is leagues above!
Burning Godzilla simply had an attack that could destroy Ghidorah all at once. Considering how close in power they were and the heat his Burning form was giving off he might not be that much stronger.

Nah, you're wrong on this one my friend. Burning Godzilla was completely immune to Ghidorah's lightning beams.

Keep in mind, he's supercharged himself by biting down on those phone wires. His gravity beams did some serious damage to our supercharged Godzilla. Some serious damage. When Godzilla went burning, those gravity beans literally didn't do anything.

Burning Godzilla obviously has an OP attack. It's fair to assume that his atomic breath would be super amplified as well. His durability quite literally skyrocketed. There's evidence for this. And I assume his physical strength is amplified as well

System intro below.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Jaqua92 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:26 am
miguelnuva wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:30 am

Nah, you're wrong on this one my friend. Burning Godzilla was completely immune to Ghidorah's lightning beams.

Keep in mind, he's supercharged himself by biting down on those phone wires. His gravity beams did some serious damage to our supercharged Godzilla. Some serious damage. When Godzilla went burning, those gravity beans literally didn't do anything.

Burning Godzilla obviously has an OP attack. It's fair to assume that his atomic breath would be super amplified as well. His durability quite literally skyrocketed. There's evidence for this. And I assume his physical strength is amplified as well
Godzilla should be able to do that with doubling his power. I won't compare the MV to anime but usually doubling your power makes you a God compared to who you were previously fighting.

Even so the burning form nullified the gravity beams yes but that doesn't give us a certain number to say Godzilla got 2x, 3x, 10x or 100x.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Hard to measure for me, need to think on this. MechaG was doing great, but both the novelization and Adam made it clear a contributing factor was Godzilla was exhausted after fighting Kong all night.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I’m going to say Powered up Godzilla
Due to the reason that he’s much over his usual strength

in GvK Godzilla was only at 50% strength due to the battle with Kong, that’s why Mechagodzilla was beating him left to right, Godzilla wasn’t that his full strength, and Adam Wingard himself said if Godzilla was at full strength the battle would’ve gone differently.

This Godzilla in Boston is like over his usual strength like at 200%

But Mechagodzilla isn’t a pushover he can really can hurt Godzilla during the battle and he is faster with those jets on his back, but he’s glass cannon he can hit hard but he can’t take the same impact, due to Kong Shredding him with the same full power axe that only stunned Godzilla and one of the crew stating that A couple hits of the atomic ray would’ve taken Mechagodzilla down from Godzilla even though he’s at 50% strength, Though Mechagodzilla Offensive is quite impressive, He’s defensive is not
So I give Powered up Godzilla 75% i’m winning and MechaGodzilla 25% because if MechaGodzilla Dodge all of the attack and hits him in the right places then maybe he can win but I don’t see this happening
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.