MonsterVerse Poll: What do you want to see next?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Your options are...

Godzilla 3
53%
Kong 2
47%
Godzilla vs Kong 2
No votes

Total votes: 78

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Re: MonsterVerse Poll: What do you want to see next?

Post by plasmabeam »

It appears that rumours about a standalone Rodan movie are starting to spread.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

plasmabeam wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:25 am It appears that rumours about a standalone Rodan movie are starting to spread.
Yo where?
Long Live The King

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

plasmabeam wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:25 am It appears that rumours about a standalone Rodan movie are starting to spread.
I need more of Rodan's supersonic flight. They need a scene where Rodan flies so fast he looks like a meteor burning through the sky.

Also they should call back to Dougherty's scene with him awakening and flattening the city simply due to gliding calmly over it. I will always remember that scene.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

All I wanna see is Destoroyah and Biolante in high end CGI with modern designs on the big screen is that too much to ask Legendary/Warner Bros :)?

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

One thing: a Monsterverse version of Anguirus.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

mikelcho wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:15 am One thing: a Monsterverse version of Anguirus.
There already was one. Currently a blown-to-shit skeleton at the bottom of the sea lol
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

It would be really neat to give Roan his own movie, give him a mate like in the 1956 film and have both of them battle a new airborne monster, or maybe bring Megaguirus in the MonsterVerse and have the two Rodans fight her.

Also, reboot The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Jermobooka wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:44 am
mikelcho wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:15 am One thing: a Monsterverse version of Anguirus.
There already was one. Currently a blown-to-shit skeleton at the bottom of the sea lol
Oops, I meant a living one.

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

Hokmuto wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:22 am
Yo where?
I saw it as I was scrolling through FB then Twitter right before falling asleep. I’m not sure how serious they were but it was odd seeing a few.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

That would be very cool if it indeed turned out to be true, I wouldn't be surprised if any of the titans outside Kong and Godzilla got stand alone films Rodan was first, if he did well then possibly Mothra and so forth with other titans. If Legendary and Warner want to expand the Monsterverse from just Godzilla and Kong he'd be the best to start with.

If Rodan doesn't get a solo film, he must appear in one of the upcoming Godzilla or Kong films. He had one of the best sequences in KOTM and had such personality taking out the jets.. I'd be extremely disappointed if that's all we got of him...

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Do it Top Gun style!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Godzilla 3 has a better chance at bringing in Titans, Toho or original.

(By the way, Godzilla vs Kong 2 would never happen.)

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:20 pm
(By the way, Godzilla vs Kong 2 would never happen.)
I don't know why people keep suggesting that. That's like having a Avengers Endgame 2. Just doesn't make any sense at all.

If you want Kong and Godzilla to fight again. We need a possible Titan War film where Godzilla and Kong both perhaps rally allies of their own and go in unintentional war.

I was thinking of the future of the MV building up to this rematch.

-Titan War Film(Keep in mind this is likely after Kong 2 and Godzilla 3

•Apex has been disbanded to an underground weapons dealing company. Creating kaiju killing weapons in secret for major world companies. Monarch is investigating the sudden advancement in Titan War Tech.

•Kong has befriended Anguirus in the Hollow Earth, yet another Titan who is the last of his race. As well as others like Baragon and the Gargantuas.

•Jia has grown up and gotten involved in politics. Inviting certain people like Nathan's character to live in the Hollow Earth among the Titans as coexistence is proved possible somewhat.

•Ren is one of these people, who still has PTSD dreams from Ghidorah's pov after the neural shock.

•He has left APEX but is giving off alpha signals now. Once more awaking Godzilla who goes on a rampage.

•This also causes many Titans except for Kong and Anguirus being alpha's to attack in the HE causing a global panic.

•Godzilla arrives and briefly battles a confused Kong and Anguirus attempting to destroy the HE city before another MechaG situation happens.

•In The Chaos Jia's character is killed by a stray beam from Godzilla. Obviously pissing off you know who. Kong, falls to his knees saddened at the falling wreckage where jia once was.

•Ren escapes in the chaos and Godzilla notices and stops fighting anyway. Literally giving zero fucks as usual.

•The UN has a meeting where Jia is underfire for the death of hundreds in the incident. Nathan and co defend her name.

•With this, a secret APEX official of the government approves the D.A.M. Act. In which kaiju are to be contained to the Hollow Earth and monitored 24/7.

•New weapons such as Masers, Super X, Moguera and original mechs and weapons with with HE energy powering them are used.

•Nathan leaves with a few Monarch agents to warn Kong becoming an public enemy. Monarch takes the side of the kaiju Nathan believing they can coexist. Apex and the general public however are much less trusting.

•Kong, Anguirus and other peaceful kaiju go on the run to hide on the long since abandoned Skull Island outpost.

•Ren runs back to APEX for protection. In exchange they force him to physically get inside pilot the new MechaGhidorah unit. As it's too large to control remotely.

•Godzilla uses his alpha roar to call upon the Titans he has subdued in aid including Rodan, Scylla, Behemoth, etc. Kong hears and this worries him.

•Nathan says they Kong needs to convince Godzilla somehow to stand down. To which Kong replies in reference "Godzilla bows to no one." Growling in anger of the realization he may have to put G down.

•The team get equipped and head out to stop Godzilla wrath. Kong now has new weapons from HE upgraded by Monarch tech.

•Godzilla attacks Tokyo where APEX is stationed with the Mecha Ghidorah unit and an ambush squadron on Mount Fuji.

•However before he can get far enough Kong and team come to stop Godzilla and co. The Titans battle it out in an all out war as APEX allows the to tear each other apart.

•This time Kong wins and is about to end Godzilla but hesitates. Pissed off that Kong isn't killing the biggest threat, APEX activates the MechaGhidorah unit.

I'm sure you know how the rest of the film plays out. Large wars, lots of monsters and explosions. Not much plot left except for monsters win. Happy ending.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

I don’t think we particularly need a GvK2. I wanna see them have a more developed team up next movie. We got a brief amount of that in the last movie, so it would be cool to see how the two are handling their newfound partnership, as uneasy as it may be.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Godzilla vs. Kong 2: The Titan War
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:56 am Godzilla vs. Kong 2: The Titan War
I think the more likely scenario is Godzilla & Kong: Titan War or Godzilla & Kong: Destroy All Titans
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

ultrazilla wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:03 am All I wanna see is Destoroyah and Biolante in high end CGI with modern designs on the big screen is that too much to ask Legendary/Warner Bros :)?
This is all I want as well. Can you imagine the spectacle? It would be incredible.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

shadowgigan wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:11 am
ultrazilla wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:03 am All I wanna see is Destoroyah and Biolante in high end CGI with modern designs on the big screen is that too much to ask Legendary/Warner Bros :)?
This is all I want as well. Can you imagine the spectacle? It would be incredible.
Visually it would be insane, so far all the modern redesign of TOHO kaijus all looked amazing to mind blowing, it's time to treat those two mega stars with modern re-imagination and rendered in cutting edge CGI. Those two would absolutely dwarf Godzilla size and mass wise it's scary just to think about it.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Wow, Godzilla 3 and Kong 2 are neck and neck with not a single vote for Godzilla vs Kong 2.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I would be all for a solo Rodan film as long as its well written, tells a good story and Rodan sounds more like his classic self than that pathetically generic bird screech we got in KOTM, though I'm not sure if western audiences would pay good bucks to see a solo Rodan film. I guess it would depend on how the film is advertised.

Aside from that, I'm interested to see what the next MonsterVerse Godzilla film would be like. As long as they don't add any big bads like Destoroyah, Hedorah or SpaceGodzilla, and wait it out while giving smaller monsters such as Gigan, Biollante, Battra or Megalon time to shine instead, I'm good.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image