MonsterVerse Poll: What do you want to see next?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Your options are...

Godzilla 3
53%
Kong 2
47%
Godzilla vs Kong 2
No votes

Total votes: 78

Moth
G-Grasper

Re: MonsterVerse Poll: What do you want to see next?

Post by Moth »

The obvious thing is to introduce a third "big player" in the Monsterverse. Be it upgrading Rodan or Mothra or adding in Gamera or Ultraman.

But, Kong 2 first before Godzilla 3 I guess.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

KREXILE
Ronin

Post by KREXILE »

Repeating what most people said, Kong in GvK left me wanting for more. It was so good that it kinda saddened me when the movie ended there.
Kong 2 exploring hollow earth and its creatures, his origins, and possibly Kiko.

I would prefer if Godzilla take a break for a while, I can't really think of any direction for him as a character. Only way to humanize him is to give him a son but that's an idea that far fetched imo.

The end goal should be a properly set up Destroy All Monsters though.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I gotta be honest, I got really bored with Kong in GvK. I've seen the monkey sign language and sweet little girl in Planet of the Apes and I don't really care about the Hollow Earth. I got bored to tears during the Hollow Earth sequence if I'm being honest. However, my interest in Monsterverse Godzilla has been reignited, and I was surprised how many people I talked to who weren't hardcore fans that felt the same way. Give Godzilla another shot! Bring back Ren Serizawa and have him turn Monarch against Godzilla. Bring back /spoiler villain/ and Ghidorah! Cast Chris Hemsworth! Rodan gets a radio show in Seattle! Go for broke!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

The Zilla in Manila
Samurai

Post by The Zilla in Manila »

I'm wearing this out pretty fast, but honestly I most want to see a Mothra film.

However since that's not a choice on the poll nor financially realistic at this time for Legendary, I would say Godzilla 3.

I respect Kong but I frankly don't care about his solo movies all that much.
Resized Image

"It's funny because I was sitting there with [President Barack] Obama and Leo's [DiCaprio] is talking about the environment and I'm talking about clothes. And everyone looks at me like that's not an important issue or something." - The Brain of Kanye

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

I don't really see this as an either or. Both a Kong 2 and a Godzilla 3 should be in development and released within the next few years if the MV is to continue with both. GvK sets up a Hollow Earth-set Kong film and Godzilla can keep ruling the surface. Any variety of monsters work as villains in both cases, but I think Kong would benefit from moving away from a traditional Tyrannosaurus-ish type of theropod/creature. He's fought such dinosaurs in the 1933 and 2005 films, plus Godzilla being kind of theropod-adjacent in 1962 and 2021. That's part of what made the Skullcrawlers more interesting. Godzilla has fought a typical terrestrial monster (MUTO) and a space monster (King Ghidorah), so a monster like Biollante of human origin (science gone wrong) is new for this series (even if it's hardly new to the genre). Granted I suppose (Godzilla vs Kong spoiler)
Spoiler:
Mechagodzilla
fills that void, but that was very much a subplot rather than central to the film.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:26 pm
master_of_monsters wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:33 am I'd like to see a rodan movie
Imagine a Kong vs. Rodan movie.
I'd like to see rodan get a little more buffed up too, like new abilities or something
your source of self destruction

Xagzan
GPN Volunteer

Post by Xagzan »

I was wondering what Rodan must be up to during this movie lol.

I want to see the next Mothra, and give her a bigger spotlight. Speaking of which, wasn't Zhang Ziyi supposed to reprise her role in GvK?

Biollante and Destroyah would also be great options, but I don't want to completely leave Kong or the hollow earth either. Actually, the potential of including Biollante in this domain reminds me of the old Cerasini Godzilla At World's End book.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:28 pm I remember someone suggesting a solo Rodan movie with the style of Top Gun.
If I saw Rodan flying to danger zone I'd be so happy. Having the film revolve around Rodan's ego nearly getting him killed would be a great plot. He learns the prospect of team work, with a character somewhat similar to Vegeta I'd assume.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

All for Rodan solo and Mothra solos.

Or how about...Rodan Mothra team up movie?
He served Ghidorah!
She serves Godzilla!
He tried to eat her!
She had to stab him!
Can they get along in the same sky against a new threat!?
Last edited by daveblackeye15 on Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Kong 2 seems like the most likely route with the Hollow Earth being formally introduced in Godzilla vs. Kong. My preference is for a new Godzilla film. I like what other people are saying regarding bringing Gamera into the mix. If we had a Godzilla vs. Gamera vs. Kong film, would absolutely blow my mind. You can then introduce a seriously powerful character like Destoroyah and have all three monsters fight against it.

A Rodan or Mothra movie would be nice but I'd imagine be a tough sell to make due to name recognition and box office draw. Might be something that could be looked at in a mini series on HBO Max perhaps.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:25 am All for Rodan solo and Mothra solos.

Or how about...Rodan Mothra team up movie?
He served Ghidorah!
She serves Godzilla!
He tried to eat her!
She had to stab him!
Can they get along in the same sky against a new threat!?
Prefer a Kong and Rodan movie. They seem to have a better dynamic chemistry.

Bluezilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Bluezilla »

We won’t see a film before 2023 with that being said I’d like to see an HBOMAX series about Monarch in 2022 Call it Monarch: Monsters are Real. Set in early years of Monarch about hunting myths but finding monstrous reality.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Bluezilla wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:13 pm We won’t see a film before 2023 with that being said I’d like to see an HBOMAX series about Monarch in 2022 Call it Monarch: Monsters are Real. Set in early years of Monarch about hunting myths but finding monstrous reality.
Basically Ultra Q and X-Files. ;)

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Who would be the MV's Loki? A villain that could be redeemable and even work with the hero sometimes?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

ernesth100 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:05 pm Who would be the MV's Loki? A villain that could be redeemable and even work with the hero sometimes?
I suggested the idea perhaps King Ghidorah could somewhat fit into that role only not working with the hero sometimes. The idea was King Ghidorah transferring a part of his consciousness into Ren Serizawa who appeared to have been electrocuted to death is being used as King Ghidorah's vessel.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:18 pm
ernesth100 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:05 pm Who would be the MV's Loki? A villain that could be redeemable and even work with the hero sometimes?
I suggested the idea perhaps King Ghidorah could somewhat fit into that role only not working with the hero sometimes. The idea was King Ghidorah transferring a part of his consciousness into Ren Serizawa who appeared to have been electrocuted to death is being used as King Ghidorah's vessel.
I can see it working as a similar situation to Naruto and the Nine Tails.

Perhaps at first Ren can't control when Ghidorah takes hold and this could also give Ghidorah a voice.

You could give him maybe the storm generation power as well. So whenever Ghidorah takes hold a storm generates whever Ren is.

However Ren himself wants to use the knowledge to prevent Ghidorah's return. It could be a fantastic arc. Sadly one I'm sure Legendary won't think of.

scottzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by scottzilla »

Kong 2, there's just so much more story to tell there with the Hollow Earth. For Godzilla, do an animated series.
Last edited by scottzilla on Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

Both Godzilla and Kong should have seperate but interconnected movies, meaning that their stories converge at parts. I just wish they had created a solid plan for how this MonsterVerse was going to work. It feels all jumbled and patched together, giving each new team free reign on the tone, story, direction, etc. So much so that the continuity is broken and inconsistencies slowly pull away at the appeal with each installment. I'd prefer for the series to begin establishing a true, concrete style, just as the Kiryu duology and even the animated Godzilla movies did. It's hard to have expectations right now, and it's frustrating because the first two movies are arguably the strongest in the MonsterVerse, and should have served as the foundation and precedent for the series. The bar was set at a decent height, so they should've just listened to the complaints regarding the first two films and improved upon them for sequels.

A Godzilla 3 that isn't too afraid to have fun with different concepts, but the same general seriousness as 2014. I don’t look at this Godzilla and think "silly" at all. Fun and awesome like the ideas in GKOTM or the general idea of Mechagodzilla, but not silly in execution. No stupid, poorly written jokes. Serious in the way that the movie takes itself relatively seriously, develops the conflict between protagonists and antagonists well, and makes the world presented in it believable and lively. A more destructive, massive, heavy feel for Godzilla all while being as entertaining as GvK in aspects.

A Kong 2 with a relatively similar feel to the original K:SI, but focusing on a designated few main characters like Jia, Kong, Ilene Andrews, and maybe another. We need stronger plots, interesting dynamics, and more material for each cast to work with. It's not all about monster action. Everyone's thoughts on Joe Brody (awesome, but wasted potential) and Ishiro Serizawa (awesome, but it feels lost without him), or on the opposite side, Vivienne Graham and Ren Serizawa (completely wasted and undervalued overall), are proof of how characters make or break these movies.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Where's a Destroy All Monsters remake option?
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

KManX89 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:11 pm Where's a Destroy All Monsters remake option?
That's likely an obvious finale even to Legendary at this point. It's clear the fans all want DAM to be the Infinity War/Endgame of the MV.

It shouldn't really be done until we have a good roster of kaiju and characters to mesh together. So I definitely don't want that next.

But if they decide to end the MV I wouldn't mind it coming. It would likely be a massive success coming off the back of GvK.