Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

DynomikeGojira wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:23 am

Believe me when I say that a lot of the GA felt that Godzilla was a jerk and a villain because they didn't see the other films. You always need to expand the emotional connection in every film and in some ways Godzilla got shafted to make Kong look more like a hero, we all know Godzilla but not everyone those why do you think you have so many Kong is the Hero of movie people everythough in reality Godzilla is maintaining is responsibilites he's always had.
If they didn’t watch the other movies then that’s their fault. The movie didn’t need to waste time telling us what we already knew because people didn’t watch the other movies like they should’ve

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

gridiron_kaiju wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:43 am
DynomikeGojira wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:23 am

Believe me when I say that a lot of the GA felt that Godzilla was a jerk and a villain because they didn't see the other films. You always need to expand the emotional connection in every film and in some ways Godzilla got shafted to make Kong look more like a hero, we all know Godzilla but not everyone those why do you think you have so many Kong is the Hero of movie people everythough in reality Godzilla is maintaining is responsibilites he's always had.
If they didn’t watch the other movies then that’s their fault. The movie didn’t need to waste time telling us what we already knew because people didn’t watch the other movies like they should’ve
Unfortunately that's reality that's why you have to make each film standalone as much as you can while at the same time give a little refreshers to add to the history as for why things are the way they are in the current movie. Believe me it annoys me as well but not everyone as time to watch movies especially movies that they normally wouldn't be interested in. Jordan Vogt Roberts said it best not everyone who saw Kong: Skull Island would see a Godzilla film and they likely skipped KOTM which was already in the middle of a packed summer and went straight to Godzilla vs Kong.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

jrock wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:23 am Not much of anything he pukes onto this board is of legit criticism.
I really hope you're not talking about me. Because I didn't like the movie, said my reasons why, and disagree with the arguments that "I'm wrong for thinking this way" I'm puking nonsense onto this board?
You can just disagree and not make it a personal thing. People have different tastes, and if someone is honest in their feelings and critiques who are you to judge if it's legit or not?

Added in 7 minutes 47 seconds:
gridiron_kaiju wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:45 am
DynomikeGojira wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:37 am He didn't like the film and that's ok alot of his criticisms are valid GvK was a fun film that had alot of problems but to me personally not as bad as KOTM which I believe derailed this franchise. He's not wrong that the film didn't come up with a compelling emotional arch to Godzilla which G14 and even KOTM had through Serizawa and than lack of a character like him made Godzilla a little souless and tried replace him with MBB but wasn't executed properly. In some ways Godzilla's characterization was sacrificed to make Kong look good forgetting Serizawa's last line that he was the key to coexistence.
Please cite examples on how Godzilla was "souless" in any way.
1. He's reasons for attacking Kong are never explained on film beyond some vague handwaving were people tell us they have an "ancient rivalry" in lieu of an actual reason.
2. His single minded pursuit to kill Kong out of nowhere. He didn't fight like he was trying to get another "Alpha" to submit to him as "King", he straight up went after Kong from the get go with a kind of murderous cold intent.
3. His fighting style was more savage and animalistic than it has ever been.
4. There was no scene in the whole movie to paint Godzilla in a positive light. He was in the right by plot to go after MechaG, but he's never given an emotional scene.
5. Even his face and expression was designed/animated to be scarier and meaner than it had ever looked in the previous 2 movies. Seriously, go back, look at the face he has most of the time vs G14/KotM and try to argue they didn't try to make him look colder and evilier than they had before.

It's a valid criticism for this film.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

jrock wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:23 am Not much of anything he pukes onto this board is of legit criticism.
You're free to disagree with him, but there's no reason to say "pukes onto this board". Don't do it again.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I def think Godzilla could have gotten more. I have said it before but my inference was Godzilla was finally fed up with the humans, especially after trying to restore balance and teaming with them versus Ghidorah. Some of his villainy went a bit too far (still not sure why he gave a little cackle when he hit Kong?). His primal fighting was likely out of that blinding rage, sensing Kong as an obstacle (and possible ally) to the Ghidorah signature he was sensing with the Mecha activations. His "being right" to pursue Mecha-G and even the alpha subplot that drives him against Kong is all inference aside from "ancient rivalry" and what we know about the alpha system amongst titans.

The issue, i think, is there is a lot of inferring needed for this movie, they do not outright explain things clearly enough at some points. A little more could have gone a long way. While I don't mind inferring those things or speculating about them, I understand how frustrating it is that they glance over these aspects, so i agree it is a misstep.
Last edited by CyberZilla on Mon May 24, 2021 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

Vakanai wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:49 pm 1. He's reasons for attacking Kong are never explained on film beyond some vague handwaving were people tell us they have an "ancient rivalry" in lieu of an actual reason.
1. Ancient rivalry between their species
2. There can’t be 2 Alpha Titans

Godzilla’s reasons are clearly laid out in this film. In fact one could even make the argument Kong started the 2nd fight because Godzilla was on a mission until Kong came out of the ground. It was no different than 2 alpha predators going at it in the Animal Kingdom.
2. His single minded pursuit to kill Kong out of nowhere. He didn't fight like he was trying to get another "Alpha" to submit to him as "King", he straight up went after Kong from the get go with a kind of murderous cold intent.
See my response above.
Well duh. He was pissed off. He was fighting to win. What was he supposed to do take Kong’s axe to the head?
4. There was no scene in the whole movie to paint Godzilla in a positive light. He was in the right by plot to go after MechaG, but he's never given an emotional scene.
He didn’t really need it. If anything that ending between him and Kong was enough.
5. Even his face and expression was designed/animated to be scarier and meaner than it had ever looked in the previous 2 movies. Seriously, go back, look at the face he has most of the time vs G14/KotM and try to argue they didn't try to make him look colder and evilier than they had before.
Godzilla’s facial expressions were no different than the other movies. Did you watch his battle with Ghidorah in the last movie?
Not really. Valid criticisms are not based off of made up information. Again it comes off as a pouty child that got their feelings hurt.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Vakanai wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:49 pm
I really hope you're not talking about me. Because I didn't like the movie, said my reasons why, and disagree with the arguments that "I'm wrong for thinking this way" I'm puking nonsense onto this board?
You can just disagree and not make it a personal thing. People have different tastes, and if someone is honest in their feelings and critiques who are you to judge if it's legit or not?

DynomikeGojira wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:37 am He didn't like the film and that's ok alot of his criticisms are valid GvK was a fun film that had alot of problems but to me personally not as bad as KOTM which I believe derailed this franchise. He's not wrong that the film didn't come up with a compelling emotional arch to Godzilla which G14 and even KOTM had through Serizawa and than lack of a character like him made Godzilla a little souless and tried replace him with MBB but wasn't executed properly. In some ways Godzilla's characterization was sacrificed to make Kong look good forgetting Serizawa's last line that he was the key to coexistence.
1. He's reasons for attacking Kong are never explained on film beyond some vague handwaving were people tell us they have an "ancient rivalry" in lieu of an actual reason.

1. Godzilla is given reasons in both KOTM and and this film. It sounds more like you don't like the reason for him going after Kong, Godzilla doesn't like Kong becasue they are ancient rivals was the same reason given for his fued with Ghidorah and his fued with the Mutos. Another Alpha titan is stated in this film and was shown in KOTM. At this point in the film Godzilla doesn't know that Kong doesn't know where he fits in the Hierarchy.

2. Same guy ripped Ghidorah's head off in Mexico and was very brutal with the Mutos.

3. That is becasue Kong made him change his style. Godzilla has always been brutal, as I said before Ghidorah was done worse than Kong and the Female was done brutally as well. Godzilla's change is style is an intelligent point to him and shows how dangerous Kong was, Godzilla thought he would lose if he kept fighting like normal.

4. The movie is suppose to make us think Godzilla is wrong. The second we see MechaGodzilla is the sign that oh, Godzilla was in the right.

5. Godzilla was built stronger in this film and wasn't as in as much danger until the MechaG battle. In that fight he has softer emotions.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

It's come to my attention that a lot of users have been calling other members children, and saying they are "puking on the boards". From here on out, let's be careful how we address other's opinions and beliefs. It's fine to say that you disagree with someone, and that they're being silly and whatnot, but don't just wave off someones well-founded as being "pouty". There's no reason to get this upset about someone not liking Gvk.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showzilla »

https://www.reddit.com/r/GODZILLA/comme ... urce=share

I addressed some stuff people brought up in the first one

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

gridiron_kaiju wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:35 pm
Vakanai wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:49 pm 1. He's reasons for attacking Kong are never explained on film beyond some vague handwaving were people tell us they have an "ancient rivalry" in lieu of an actual reason.

Godzilla’s reasons are clearly laid out in this film. In fact one could even make the argument Kong started the 2nd fight because Godzilla was on a mission until Kong came out of the ground. It was no different than 2 alpha predators going at it in the Animal Kingdom.
See my response above.
Well duh. He was pissed off. He was fighting to win. What was he supposed to do take Kong’s axe to the head?
He didn’t really need it. If anything that ending between him and Kong was enough.
Godzilla’s facial expressions were no different than the other movies. Did you watch his battle with Ghidorah in the last movie?
Not really. Valid criticisms are not based off of made up information. Again it comes off as a pouty child that got their feelings hurt.
Look, you clearly think my opinions are not valid, that my thoughts and feelings and experiences don't count for shit, and just want to keep arguing to prove that you're right. And personally, I'm not interested in getting into it with someone who thinks every little thing I think or feel about this movie is made up bullshit. I gave my opinion, I gave my reasons, you're free to disagree with it, but I'm not interested in being a punching bag because you take offense that I view this movie as crap, so please 1) agree to disagree and 2) never, ever bother trying to mess with me if you can't grow above name calling and accusations. That's the real mark of a "pouty child", not sharing movie opinions. I'm struggling to keep it polite here, so good day to you I'm done.

Added in 3 minutes 20 seconds:
miguelnuva wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:16 pm

1. Godzilla is given reasons in both KOTM and and this film. It sounds more like you don't like the reason for him going after Kong, Godzilla doesn't like Kong becasue they are ancient rivals was the same reason given for his fued with Ghidorah and his fued with the Mutos. Another Alpha titan is stated in this film and was shown in KOTM. At this point in the film Godzilla doesn't know that Kong doesn't know where he fits in the Hierarchy.

2. Same guy ripped Ghidorah's head off in Mexico and was very brutal with the Mutos.

3. That is becasue Kong made him change his style. Godzilla has always been brutal, as I said before Ghidorah was done worse than Kong and the Female was done brutally as well. Godzilla's change is style is an intelligent point to him and shows how dangerous Kong was, Godzilla thought he would lose if he kept fighting like normal.

4. The movie is suppose to make us think Godzilla is wrong. The second we see MechaGodzilla is the sign that oh, Godzilla was in the right.

5. Godzilla was built stronger in this film and wasn't as in as much danger until the MechaG battle. In that fight he has softer emotions.
Thanks for giving your opinions without resorting to more mean spirited tactics, but honestly I am just done arguing about this movie. I hated it. I'll always be disappointed that this movie could've been good but instead was sooooo dumb (to me at least if no one else). I'm just through with it entirely outside of the rare petty cheap shot.

Added in 3 minutes 12 seconds:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:37 pm It's come to my attention that a lot of users have been calling other members children, and saying they are "puking on the boards". From here on out, let's be careful how we address other's opinions and beliefs. It's fine to say that you disagree with someone, and that they're being silly and whatnot, but don't just wave off someones well-founded as being "pouty". There's no reason to get this upset about someone not liking Gvk.
Thank you. I wish all debate on this forum followed these rules, but this site is just...the most uncivil of the boards I frequent, to be honest. I still enjoy this site, but I'm starting to think this is no place to hold an unpopular opinion, so I'm going to try and make things easier by sticking more to the wild "what if" threads and stay out of the review and opinion threads from now.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Vakanai wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:25 pm

See my response above.
Look, you clearly think my opinions are not valid, that my thoughts and feelings and experiences don't count for poop, and just want to keep arguing to prove that you're right. And personally, I'm not interested in getting into it with someone who thinks every little thing I think or feel about this movie is made up bullshit. I gave my opinion, I gave my reasons, you're free to disagree with it, but I'm not interested in being a punching bag because you take offense that I view this movie as crap, so please 1) agree to disagree and 2) never, ever bother trying to mess with me if you can't grow above name calling and accusations. That's the real mark of a "pouty child", not sharing movie opinions. I'm struggling to keep it polite here, so good day to you I'm done.

Thanks for giving your opinions without resorting to more mean spirited tactics, but honestly I am just done arguing about this movie. I hated it. I'll always be disappointed that this movie could've been good but instead was sooooo dumb (to me at least if no one else). I'm just through with it entirely outside of the rare petty cheap shot.

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:37 pm It's come to my attention that a lot of users have been calling other members children, and saying they are "puking on the boards". From here on out, let's be careful how we address other's opinions and beliefs. It's fine to say that you disagree with someone, and that they're being silly and whatnot, but don't just wave off someones well-founded as being "pouty". There's no reason to get this upset about someone not liking Gvk.
Thank you. I wish all debate on this forum followed these rules, but this site is just...the most uncivil of the boards I frequent, to be honest. I still enjoy this site, but I'm starting to think this is no place to hold an unpopular opinion, so I'm going to try and make things easier by sticking more to the wild "what if" threads and stay out of the review and opinion threads from now.
I'm sorry that you feel this way I personally loved Godzilla vs Kong but it is a flawed movie and honestly if KOTM had been a better movie that I enjoyed then I probably wouldn't like GvK as much as I do but believe me when I say that your not the only fan who dislikes GvK there are other fans on here and others I've seen on Youtube and reddit for the reasons you give for example watch Robert Meyer Burnett's Wining About Movies Godzilla vs Kong review this guy is a legit kaiju fan who enjoyed KOTM and and his favorite kaiju film is Rodan and he was quite disappointed what Godzilla vs Kong for similar reasons you give so I really wouldn't call it an unpopular opinion. I thought your criticisms were valid and reasonable and some of them really made really think and say you know what he's not wrong and I really did try to depend your views but yeah if you need to take a break and let the Godzilla vs Kong fever pass and then we can have healthy discussions again and you certainly contribute to alot of inciteful debate and we need that in are fandom. The MonsterVerse needs different writers for sure and while I personally don't have a problem was Adam Wingard returning, I definitely don't want Mike Dougherty, Zach Shields and Max Borenstein to return in any capacity and I'm outspoken about that and G14 is an underappreciated film I would say that if that film gave us a little more Godzilla as far narrative and screentime it would be probably rival Shin as my favorite modern Godzilla film and Kong: SI was fun and entertaining but the MonsterVerse really derailed with KOTM and to so like myself GvK was a step in the right direction in some ways while others like youself consider it a further downgrade. I hope you change you on coming back to review movies we need all kinds of opinions and thank you for being honest and true to youself.

Rob's video

https://youtu.be/E_5deqY2U1w
Last edited by DynomikeGojira on Tue May 25, 2021 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

DynomikeGojira wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:54 am
Vakanai wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:25 pm

See my response above.

Look, you clearly think my opinions are not valid, that my thoughts and feelings and experiences don't count for poop, and just want to keep arguing to prove that you're right. And personally, I'm not interested in getting into it with someone who thinks every little thing I think or feel about this movie is made up bullshit. I gave my opinion, I gave my reasons, you're free to disagree with it, but I'm not interested in being a punching bag because you take offense that I view this movie as crap, so please 1) agree to disagree and 2) never, ever bother trying to mess with me if you can't grow above name calling and accusations. That's the real mark of a "pouty child", not sharing movie opinions. I'm struggling to keep it polite here, so good day to you I'm done.

I'm sorry that you feel this way I personally loved Godzilla vs Kong but it is a flawed movie and honestly if KOTM had been a better movie that I enjoyed then I probably wouldn't like GvK as much as I do but believe me when I say that your not the only fan who dislikes GvK there are other fans on here and others I've seen on Youtube and reddit for the reasons you give for example watch Robert Meyer Burnett's Wining About Movies Godzilla vs Kong review this guy is a legit kaiju fan who enjoyed KOTM and and his favorite kaiju film is Rodan and he was quite disappointed what Godzilla vs Kong for similar reasons you give so I really wouldn't call it an unpopular opinion. I thought your criticisms were valid and reasonable and some of them really made really think and say you know what he's not wrong and I really did try to depend your views but yeah if you need to take a break and let the Godzilla vs Kong fever pass and then we can have healthy discussions again and you certainly contribute to alot of inciteful debate and we need that in are fandom. The MonsterVerse needs different writers for sure and while I personally don't have a problem was Adam Wingard returning, I definitely don't want Mike Dougherty, Zach Shields and Max Borenstein to return in any capacity and I'm outspoken about that and G14 is an underappreciated film I would say that if that film gave us a little more Godzilla as far narrative and screentime it would be probably rival Shin as my favorite modern Godzilla film and Kong: SI was fun and entertaining but the MonsterVerse really derailed with KOTM and to so like myself GvK was a step in the right direction in some ways while others like youself consider it a further downgrade. I hope you change you on coming back to review movies we need all kinds of opinions and thank you for being honest and true to youself.

Rob's video

https://youtu.be/E_5deqY2U1w
Thank you, but I'm at the point where like, even though I disliked GvK and was disappointed in it, I still at least liked the fight scenes and had planned to get the movie just to rewatch the fights when ready and just play on the computer or something else while the parts in between the fights were on yeah? But the more I argued with people about this film, the more I've come to hate this film, because not only is it just a bad film, but now I associate all this extra bull here onto it too, whether rightly or wrongly, so I've lost interest in even watching the fights again. I'm just done with it now, at least for the foreseeable future. And I'd rather just not risk having this experience happen again with another movie.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

^ Totally understand man do what's best for you just don't feel ashamed for hating Godzilla vs Kong sometimes I had to step back and take a break in the various fandoms I'm involved in but hopefully you'll have more positive expierences in the future.

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

So let me get this straight-

Rather than taking the comments to your criticisms and going to see the movie again and looking at it through a fresh lens with different perspectives and view points to the things you had issues with you’re just going to outright “hate” this movie because...random people on the internet who you will never meet in real life were “mean” to you?

I’m not a fan of the Star Wars sequel trilogy but guess what? Rather than take my ball and go home and hate them I actively try to talk to people who did enjoy the movies and see what I can learn from them and see if they can give me different perspectives that I might not have noticed before.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

What is wrong with not liking a movie, like seriously, is it a sin to dislike GvK? I have friends who saw it and didn’t enjoy it and I’m not going out of my way to attack them for it. It’s personal opinion over a piece of media.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Resized Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Agreed, I hate Shin Godzilla but I don't attack anyone who does. Jusy not my cup of tea.

If someone wants to debate me as long as there are jo insults they can feel free. I've seen it enough times my mind wouldn't change.

I'd still see Shin Godzilla 2 if it was announced tommorow.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

gridiron_kaiju wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:00 pm So let me get this straight-

Rather than taking the comments to your criticisms and going to see the movie again and looking at it through a fresh lens with different perspectives and view points to the things you had issues with you’re just going to outright “hate” this movie because...random people on the internet who you will never meet in real life were “mean” to you?

I’m not a fan of the Star Wars sequel trilogy but guess what? Rather than take my ball and go home and hate them I actively try to talk to people who did enjoy the movies and see what I can learn from them and see if they can give me different perspectives that I might not have noticed before.
Maybe he's just not interested in viewing the film from the perspective of someone who stopped just short of calling him "a pouty child."
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

gridiron_kaiju wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:00 pm So let me get this straight-

Let me get this straight - you think that I'm so horribly wrong about this movie, that just being told that I'm wrong, and given reasons why you think I'm wrong on this movie - reasons that I disagreed with mind you - I'd somehow come to view this movie differently if I just watched it again?

No, there was never any version of this where I was going to change my mind on the aspects of this film that I hated. There was just no doing it. And you can't make people like things they hate if you just argue with them over it. It's the same way how it's impossible for me to make you hate something you love just by arguing with you. Are you going to rewatch GvK with a "fresh lens" taking my comments and criticisms to heart and decide that yeah, it really is a piece of shit? Of course not.

The only difference here is I made the mistake of getting so heated and wrapped up in the arguing, that now I can't even enjoy the one good quality of this film that I did like. And it's going to take me some personal time and effort, effort I'm not willing to put into it any time soon, to disentangle my feelings on this movie with my experience on this board.

We're different people. Some people like you try to find new things and views from other people to inform and change your opinion on films you originally hated. But a lot of people just decide they'd rather not watch those movies again because why watch a thing you hated? And you know, that's alright. There's nothing wrong with my approach to avoiding movies you hate.

Added in 5 minutes 10 seconds:
DynomikeGojira wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:26 pm ^ Totally understand man do what's best for you just don't feel ashamed for hating Godzilla vs Kong sometimes I had to step back and take a break in the various fandoms I'm involved in but hopefully you'll have more positive expierences in the future.
Thanks. Like I said, I've got nothing against people liking or loving this movie, but this just feels like the kind of place where if you hate something and someone disagrees with you, instead of civil debate it's more a insulting kind of argument, and at this point I've a low tolerance for that - and not because I matured enough to develop a thicker skin sadly, just that I no longer have that kind of angry energy to sustain me through it.

And also, letting some online bull affect me to the point where I can no longer enjoy or look forward to rewatching the sole aspect of this film I did like, the CGI action and fight scenes, well, I don't like the feeling of coming to hate something that I did like before.

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:37 pm
plasmabeam wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:29 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 4:51 am

Mega is a toy name, Mega Kong and likely would have been a Mega Mechagodzilla.

If the armor was to help Godzilla who would've built it. That's why I think maybe a weakening system.
Not sure who’d want a weakened toy of a main monster, but I have a feeling we’ll find out at some point what it was.
Kids want toys of everything as do collectors. It's why battle damaged vairents are so popular.
Battle damage is a tad different than a toy whose entire premise is based on weakness. "Here kids! Kong with crutches and an IV bag!"

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I’d buy Kong with IVs. Would be a hell of a collectible to bring to doctor’s visits

Resized Image