Inevitable Crossover: Pacific Rim

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Inevitable Crossover: Pacific Rim

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I think the only way to really give it justice is take the Pacific Rim idea of Jaegers, kaiju and The Breach and put them in the MonsterVerse. The "kaiju" designation could also be used to differentiate the Titans (naturally occuring) to the kaiju (Anteverse/alien). Could have Godzilla, Kong and whatever other Titans they decide to focus on being able to hold them off until more powerful kaiju appear, giving rise to the Serizawa Scale (named after him in honor) and the categories. It gets theorized that King Ghidorah could of been an upper tier kaiju from the Anteverse. The PPDC is formed, the Jaegers start production with aid of Monarch/APEX and the first batch of Jaegers are deployed...

Gypsy *Insert Word... I kind of like "Gypsy Destroyer"* and... Jet Jaguar

So begins your typical 1960s/70s kaiju invasion movie with Godzilla, Kong and the Jaegers fighting Anteverse kaiju with an Anteverse Gigan or Megalon (or both) acting as the film's final boss(s).

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Anterverse/Hollow Earth shenanigans leads to one side visiting the other, hijinks ensue (Godzilla in Pac Rim, Precursors/Kaiju in MonsterVerse, etc.). Don't take canon/continuity too seriously or even into consideration and you might have a fun movie. Del Toro and others have seemingly signed off on the idea so it wouldn't be too blasphemous.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Anything can change in Hollywood but I had asked a friend about a crossover in 2019 as they had ties to someone in WB. The answer was Legendary would more than likely have to create a new Godzilla for a PAC Rim crossover do to however the MV works with WB.

I was then told if said crossover ever happened that's the movie Dougherty should have made as they didn't like KOTM. While I like KOTM I do think Dougherty would have done better on something like Godzilla crossing with Pac Rim.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

This topic is actually trending in the PR Reddit right now. They do not want it. Lol.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

What a horrible, horrible idea.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

ernesth100 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:57 pm This topic is actually trending in the PR Reddit right now. They do not want it. Lol.
PR reddit lmao? Does it have a total of 5k members? God forbid a license comes by, crosses over, and revives it. They're lucky they were saved from the brink of obscurity by The Black.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:05 pm
ernesth100 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:57 pm This topic is actually trending in the PR Reddit right now. They do not want it. Lol.
PR reddit lmao? Does it have a total of 5k members? God forbid a license comes by, crosses over, and revives it. They're lucky they were saved from the brink of obscurity by The Black.
LMAOOOO RIGHT?! That's what had me scratching my head.

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

If Godzilla has a “crossover” with Pacific Rim, it should be a new incarnation unique to Pacific Rim, not the Monsterverse version.
Last edited by GodzillaRangerPrime on Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:05 pm
I don't really blame them since our fandom is bigger and Godzilla was called a CAT 10 kaiju before 2014 came out. Godzilla should be able to solo the pac rim verse on feats.

I'd bet they'd do the Godzilla is weakened from crossing over if they did it though.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

1973GXMSITB
Ronin

Post by 1973GXMSITB »

Godzilla in Pac Rim would be totally lit yo.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Omegamorph wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:03 pm What a horrible, horrible idea.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

With some spoilers for Godzilla vs. Kong,
Spoiler:
namely the Hollow Earth entrance being a portal rather than a simple tunnel, this seems truly inevitable.
Spoiler:
Very easy to make the Precursors highjack one of those portals and start sending kaiju into the Monsterverse.
And the more I sleep on it, the more I really want to see Godzilla whale on some Pacific Rim kaiju. Pretty easy to get Kong in on it too. Imagine the Precursors making monsters specifically geared to combat the monsters opening a can of whoop-ass on their forces. What they could come up with to counter Godzilla and Kong sounds like the potential to make some badass creatures.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

GodzillaRangerPrime wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:13 pm If Godzilla has a “crossover” with Pacific Rim, it should be a new incarnation unique to Pacific Rim, not the Monsterverse version.
This is what I'm thinking but the fact they're both legendary properties right now begs the question why bother?

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Honestly, I very much DO NOT WANT a MonsterVerse/Pacific Rim crossover. MAYBE as a one-shot non-canon comic mini-series or something, but absolutely not as a canon movie.

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

I’ve never liked Pacific Rim. It was too cartoony, with every character looking like anime cosplay and the ridiculous fighting-game names they had.

Not to mention the timeline of PR doesn’t match at all with the MV. It would make no sense.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

LockBite wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:58 am I’ve never liked Pacific Rim. It was too cartoony, with every character looking like anime cosplay and the ridiculous fighting-game names they had.

Not to mention the timeline of PR doesn’t match at all with the MV. It would make no sense.
Just more reasons why any crossover will clearly be non-canon even if Legendary greenlights it.

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

How about this: they reimagine certain PR kaiju as MV Titans. I’d be down for that, and it would be in the spirit of the kaiju genre to do so.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

LockBite wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:28 am How about this: they reimagine certain PR kaiju as MV Titans. I’d be down for that, and it would be in the spirit of the kaiju genre to do so.
THAT I would love to see! :mrgreen:

Kongamera
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kongamera »

After GvK success, the crossover will likely happen. After PR Uprising and KOTM box office, I really doubt WB/Legendary care what fans think. The Pacific Rim Vs Monsterverse will be marketed towards general audience and casuals.

You might even get something crazy Godzilla with Jaeger parts. Real question is will Toho would allow it? They torpedoed Godzilla comic crossovers with Terminator and Cthulhu, they may not like the idea of live-action Godzilla PR crossover.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Kongamera wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:27 am After GvK success, the crossover will likely happen. After PR Uprising and KOTM box office, I really doubt WB/Legendary care what fans think. The Pacific Rim Vs Monsterverse will be marketed towards general audience and casuals.

You might even get something crazy Godzilla with Jaeger parts. Real question is will Toho would allow it? They torpedoed Godzilla comic crossovers with Terminator and Cthulhu, they may not like the idea of live-action Godzilla PR crossover.
Are you kidding? A universe where Godzilka would be considered a near lovecraftian diety on the kaiju rating scale? Toho would LOVE that.

You could have Godzilla team up with the Jaegers as a good guy too. We have enough evil Godzilla and like what? Two actually good ones. I'd argue only Legendary and Zilla Jr. And Zilla Jr isn't even a Godzilla