The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Re: The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

Post by Vakanai »

ernesth100 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:46 pm
obZen wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:59 pm I think the ‘Godzilla Jr’ idea should only come to fruition at the very end of ‘phase 2’ of the MonsterVerse — and only as an egg.
Speaking of that. Would anyone object to Godzilla being able to reproduce asexually?
I would. 1998 already did it, Shin already hinted at it. At some point we got to ixnay this weird asexual fetish for the big lizard before it sticks.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Handsome Shrek
JXSDF Technician

Post by Handsome Shrek »

Jermobooka wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:50 pm Whaaaaat??? Son Of Kong????? That was the last Kong sequel i’d expect them to make. Sounds cool though!

And of course, Moonabunga and Handsome Shrek have consistently proven to have the absolute worst, shittiest takes on TK. That’s a real big achievement :lol:
The Monsterverse doesn't need to be Toho 2.0 with fanservice galore. Why can't it be its own take on the characters and establish its own universe instead of recycling tons of old creations, some of which just don't make any sense (a stupid-looking garbage monster? You gotta be shitting me)?

If you're seriously implying that a movie of the likes of "Godzilla, Kong, Mothra, and Rodan vs Hedorah vs Biollante vs Gigan" is a good idea as other users here have, then you've lost me down the rabbit hole already
Last edited by Handsome Shrek on Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Based AF

-Logically-minded free-thinker

-King of the Monsters is overhated

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Vakanai wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:17 am
obZen wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:59 pm I think the ‘Godzilla Jr’ idea should only come to fruition at the very end of ‘phase 2’ of the MonsterVerse — and only as an egg.
Speaking of that. Would anyone object to Godzilla being able to reproduce asexually?
I would. 1998 already did it, Shin already hinted at it. At some point we got to ixnay this weird asexual fetish for the big lizard before it sticks.
It kinda makes sense for Godzilla though. I'd rather that than have a G romance subplot. Ugh.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

ernesth100 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:12 am Me too. It would feel so awkward to have Godzilla's son walking around with him in the MV. This Goji doesn't emote either so there's that blockade.
Um? This is probably our most emotive Godzilla to date.

Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Their getting there. Maybe I'm not used to it yet because the Goji is usually at base pretty monotone in terms of personality. It's kinda drone like at times with his desire to be at the top and complete missions.

You kinda have to explain the sudden shift in personality. Then again, a bouncing baby boy would be a reason to smile.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Definitely lol, a little son for him to take care of, like a lion and his cub would definitely pull some emotions we wouldn't otherwise see from him in his war-mode.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Spydrmanjr
Monarch Researcher

Post by Spydrmanjr »

I would sort of prefer that the Earth/Nature gives birth to Godzilla. It's clear that MV Godzilla and his species in general are quite different than the rest of the Titans, with a direct connection to the planet; Mothra seems to be included too. In my head I see the planet giving birth to the next Mothra/Godzilla when necessary.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Handsome Shrek wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:33 am
Jermobooka wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:50 pm Whaaaaat??? Son Of Kong????? That was the last Kong sequel i’d expect them to make. Sounds cool though!

And of course, Moonabunga and Handsome Shrek have consistently proven to have the absolute worst, shittiest takes on TK. That’s a real big achievement :lol:
The Monsterverse doesn't need to be Toho 2.0 with fanservice galore. Why can't it be its own take on the characters and establish its own universe instead of recycling tons of old creations, some of which just don't make any sense (a stupid-looking garbage monster? You gotta be shitting me)?

If you're seriously implying that a movie of the likes of "Godzilla, Kong, Mothra, and Rodan vs Hedorah vs Biollante vs Gigan" is a good idea as other users here have, then you've lost me down the rabbit hole already
Yeah man, totally support you in that. This huge fanservice movie KOTM was the most horrible Godzilla movie I've witnessed. It's fun and really well made, but as a Godzilla movie, especially after what 2014 established, it just became dull and soulless

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

ernesth100 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:22 am
Vakanai wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:17 am

It kinda makes sense for Godzilla though. I'd rather that than have a G romance subplot. Ugh.
Honestly, I'd rather Godzilla find a mate/romance plot than rehash any version of him having a kid ever again. And yeah, no version of anything outside bacteria should have asexual reproduction kinda make sense.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I wouldn't complain but I would question why he just now decided to do so especially when the character seemed to be built for sexual reproduction. After prime and during the Ghidorah crisis would seem like times to leave a plan b behind just in case.

I'm still in the camp of him being able to crossbreed so Jr could have Godzilla 2000 like traits.

Added in 57 seconds:
Dyrakro wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:34 am

Yeah man, totally support you in that. This huge fanservice movie KOTM was the most horrible Godzilla movie I've witnessed. It's fun and really well made, but as a Godzilla movie, especially after what 2014 established, it just became dull and soulless
I feel the same way about Shin.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Added in 57 seconds:

[/quote]

In which way?
Like the fanservice and stuff? Cause I gotta say I really do love Shin but the reusage of old sound effects and music from older movies and Evangelion is quite a thing that I didn't like that much.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Dyrakro wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:49 pm Added in 57 seconds:

In which way?
Like the fanservice and stuff? Cause I gotta say I really do love Shin but the reusage of old sound effects and music from older movies and Evangelion is quite a thing that I didn't like that much.
[/quote]

No, it was just dull to me. I understand it was made for a Japanese audiance I won't insult the film, I just didn't like and don't have to see that version of Godzilla again.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Handsome Shrek
JXSDF Technician

Post by Handsome Shrek »

Boy you've gotta be fuckin' with us right?
-Based AF

-Logically-minded free-thinker

-King of the Monsters is overhated

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Godzilla being able to crossbreed is a great idea. Credits to the user that said that. Then I could get my Godzilla x Mothra ship.
Handsome Shrek wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:56 pm
Boy you've gotta be skreeonkin' with us right?
I'm just saying. It would make sense if this Godzilla has already adapted to being the last of its kind and after fusing with Mothra gained Phoenix like abilities to reproduce by itself.

obZen
Interpol Agent

Post by obZen »

The egg of ‘Godzilla Jr.’ should have to be retrieved by the humans who in turn are forced to place said egg in an extremely volatile and secluded volcano where they detonate a thousand warheads in order to hatch ‘Godzilla Jr.’ and accelerate his growth.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

obZen wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:53 pm The egg of ‘Godzilla Jr.’ should have to be retrieved by the humans who in turn are forced to place said egg in an extremely volatile and secluded volcano where they detonate a thousand warheads in order to hatch ‘Godzilla Jr.’ and accelerate his growth.
I've seen the idea of humans capturing baby Goji alot around these boards. And all I gotta say is that would be a perfect time to see Godzilla go ape shit on humanity again.

They could make Son of Godzilla sort of a half final wars where hes just running through enemies to find his son.

obZen
Interpol Agent

Post by obZen »

It’s gotta happen at the end of phase 2; beginning of phase 3.

Added in 2 minutes 47 seconds:
Also, until there is a ‘MonsterVerse BC’ Godzilla reproduction should be left a mystery.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I know I may have brought this up before, but would you think it would be interesting if let's say Gwangi or the Rhedosaurus made it into the Monsterverse? It should be easy, since their original movies were done by Warner Bros. Mind if I give my spin on a theoretical Gwangi film?

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:55 pm I know I may have brought this up before, but would you think it would be interesting if let's say Gwangi or the Rhedosaurus made it into the Monsterverse? It should be easy, since their original movies were done by Warner Bros. Mind if I give my spin on a theoretical Gwangi film?
Throw it out their bro. We're all back in the speculation phase anyway. Gwangi and Rhedosaurus are arguably forgotten by the higher ups at Warner. We'd have to hope Legendary sees the value in adding more original kaiju to their MV roster.

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

So they hinted a Son of Kong thing might be in the future. If that is true I think the odds of Kong getting whacked are high.