The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Re: The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

Post by Zasraniec »

I am not against more space kaiju but do keep in mind we already got Ghidorah.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

I'm hoping the future has more movies from the directors of the first two films, or more from new directors who haven't directed anything in the MV yet.
Not likely to happen, but I'd love to see Nolan do a kaiju movie.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

I feel like Gamera should come whenever the Space Arc starts. It's an inevitable part of any long lasting Godzilla franchise.

Just imagine if Gamera was created in response to something like Gigan or SpaceGodzilla. Another planets version of a Guardian Monster.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

Since we already got Hollow Earth covered it sounds like outer space is just the next logical step. Even if Ghidorah already was that. Unless there are some dirty secrets Hollow Earth has...

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Here's a thought: have an "unholy" mixture of space and earth-indigenous titans at some point. I do not know how they would go about it, but the unnatural nature of such hybrids could set up interesting problems for the ecosystem and the guardian-type kaiju like Godzilla. Would a new coexistence have to be found with them? Would they threaten humanity, "natural" titans, both, neither? It could come about via scientific experimentations, something related to space, or something else, I just think it is a neat concept.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

I’m ready to see a Hollywood bad guy Godzilla. Obviously that means saying bye to the Monsterverse.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

dillonking55
G-Force Personnel

Post by dillonking55 »

Cookson wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:18 am I’m ready to see a Hollywood bad guy Godzilla. Obviously that means saying bye to the Monsterverse.
We're already getting that with Toho. Maybe down the line when Legendary relinquish the license, but I'm satisfied with Antihero Godzilla from Legendary for the time being.

Maybe he can be little more hostile with humanity going forward (especially after Mechagodzilla).

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

dillonking55 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:25 am
Cookson wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:18 am I’m ready to see a Hollywood bad guy Godzilla. Obviously that means saying bye to the Monsterverse.
We're already getting that with Toho. Maybe down the line when Legendary relinquish the license, but I'm satisfied with Antihero Godzilla from Legendary for the time being.

Maybe he can be little more hostile with humanity going forward (especially after Mechagodzilla).
This is true, but that’s why is said Hollywood.

Kinda off topic, but I’m pretty sure Tohos announcing a new live action film a few months from now once GvK is done with its Japan box office run.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

dillonking55
G-Force Personnel

Post by dillonking55 »

Cookson wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:42 am

Kinda off topic, but I’m pretty sure Tohos announcing a new live action film a few months from now once GvK is done with its Japan box office run.
I imagine we'll be hearing from both Legendary & Toho on Godzilla in the next few months (possibly SDCC for Legendary if they happen to attend).

This article from Variety states Legendary retains the license for Godzilla as long as they keep making films, so they are probably mulling over their options

https://variety.com/2019/film/asia/japa ... 203192294/

But yes, I expect the next Toho Godzilla film to be announced first.
Last edited by dillonking55 on Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

While i agree a Hollywood Villain Godzilla sounds awesome, i wanna see the MonsterVerse get a proper conclusion first.

Although i will say if we see Toho and Hollywood switch roles with the former making a heroic Godzilla and the latter making the villain Godzilla i'll laugh.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

For anyone who was hoping that there may be some sort of an announcement about the Monsterverse at Comic-Con...don't. Warner Bros skipping again

https://deadline.com/2021/07/disneys-ma ... 234787941/

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Huh. Interesting. I do still expect some sort of announcement fairly soon, though.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Moogabunga wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:35 pm For anyone who was hoping that there may be some sort of an announcement about the Monsterverse at Comic-Con...don't. Warner Bros skipping again

No WB's DC films are skipping. Not WB entirely is what it sounds like.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:38 pm
Moogabunga wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:35 pm For anyone who was hoping that there may be some sort of an announcement about the Monsterverse at Comic-Con...don't. Warner Bros skipping again

No WB's DC films are skipping. Not WB entirely is what it sounds like.
Oh cool I’ll see what movies they’ll announce for the Monsterverse

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Delete
Last edited by Moogabunga on Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Cookson wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:42 am

What makes you say that? I think we will get s2 of Singular Point and may be a film, but something with Godzilla is going on at Legendary.

What makes you say that? I think we will get s2 of Singular Point and may be a film, but something with Godzilla is going on at Legendary.
Last edited by imposterzilla on Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

BasedGFan
Ronin

Post by BasedGFan »

Set up a series of one-shots and trilogies in alternate timelines similarly to how the DCEU is separate from The Joker, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and Matt Reeves’s Batman, let the MonsterVerse play out the way it’s obviously going (poorly written, popcorn foddering sludge), and if the audience prefers that over the more experimental dark and gritty one-shots or separate trilogies, pull the plug on the MonsterVerse and call it a day.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

BasedGFan wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:24 pm Set up a series of one-shots and trilogies in alternate timelines similarly to how the DCEU is separate from The Joker, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and Matt Reeves’s Batman, let the MonsterVerse play out the way it’s obviously going (poorly written, popcorn foddering sludge), and if the audience prefers that over the more experimental dark and gritty one-shots or separate trilogies, pull the plug on the MonsterVerse and call it a day.
I read this in a british, pompous, “up-your-own-ass” accent like Mauler’s and it made this horrendous opinion way more bearable :lol:
Last edited by Jermobooka on Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Honestly a one-shot timeline about Godzilla, Kong and their fellow monsters COULD work.. but there's really no point of doing it now since we're four movies into the MV and everything is already established

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

BasedGFan
Ronin

Post by BasedGFan »

Jermobooka wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:40 pm
BasedGFan wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:24 pm Set up a series of one-shots and trilogies in alternate timelines similarly to how the DCEU is separate from The Joker, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and Matt Reeves’s Batman, let the MonsterVerse play out the way it’s obviously going (poorly written, popcorn foddering sludge), and if the audience prefers that over the more experimental dark and gritty one-shots or separate trilogies, pull the plug on the MonsterVerse and call it a day.
I read this in a british, pompous, “up-your-own-ass” accent like Mauler’s and it made this horrendous opinion way more bearable :lol:
I read your comment in a soy boy SJW voice like Jeremy’s impersonations from Geeks and Gamers and it made your hilarious but unintelligent rebuttal way more bearable. :lol:
Last edited by BasedGFan on Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.