The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Handsome Shrek
G-Grasper

Re: The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

Post by Handsome Shrek »

Eh not really super interested in a Son of Kong movie. But hey, it would make it even since Godzilla got a sequel. Plus, I'd much rather prefer Son of Kong over "Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, and Kong vs Biollante vs Hedorah vs Gigan"
-Based AF

-Logically-minded free-thinker

-King of the Monsters is overhated

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Well there you go. Looks like they want to make a Kong film next.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

If they do Son of Kong next and Kong finds and orphan in the HE that means if they do Son of Godzilla later it would have to be the clone route or Godzilla mating with a female.

I doubt they would give Godzilla and Kong both sons in the same manner if they do Son of Godzilla.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

I just can't get excited if it's a Kong film. Sorry, just don't care about Kong at all. Godzilla better be getting another film. And how the hell is Adam Wingard gonna do this? He has both Face Off 2 and Thundercats? Are we waiting until like 2024 for this to go into pre-production?

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

I can dig Son of Kong. I’m still wondering where Godzilla’s story will go next, but an easy going adventure with Kong in the Hollow Earth makes sense to me. Hope we get news on Toho’s side of the deal soon though.

I also hope they’ll keep Team Kong in the movie. Jia was received super well, and it would be a shame if they had to ditch the current cast now that GvK caught an audience.
Last edited by Dynomy-DX on Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

Sounds like multiple ideas are being considered with “Son of Kong” being one of them!

Monke
Interpol Agent

Post by Monke »

Monsterverse phase 2:
Son of Kong
Son of Godzilla
Son of Kong vs Son of Godzilla

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Whaaaaat??? Son Of Kong????? That was the last Kong sequel i’d expect them to make. Sounds cool though!

And of course, Moonabunga and Handsome Shrek have consistently proven to have the absolute worst, shittiest takes on TK. That’s a real big achievement :lol:
Last edited by Jermobooka on Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Jermobooka wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:50 pm
And of course, Moonabunga and Handsome Shrek have consistently proven to have the absolute worst, shittiest takes on TK. That’s a real big achievement :lol:
Listen dude, I understand that you're incredibly ret*rded and have proven that on many occasions, so I get that you tend to find things, easy things hard to grasp even if they make complete sense, i.e my takes (which are always logically sound by the way) But still...

Last edited by Moogabunga on Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Moogabunga wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:59 pm
Jermobooka wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:50 pm
Listen dude, I understand that you're incredibly ret*rded and have proven that on many occasions, so I get you that tend to find things, easy things hard to grasp even if they make complete sense, i.e my takes (which are always logically sound by the way)
A few seconds ago Handsome Shrek was tipping the scale for title of “Worst Takes On Tohokingdom”...but this was like someone dropped a car 1000 feet into the air onto your side of the scale, absolutely wrecking the entire thing. The scales aren’t just massively tipped in your favor now, the splinters are all over on your side now! :lol:
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Image deleted for being flamebait.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yogi bareass
Samurai

Post by yogi bareass »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:43 am
yogi bareass wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:36 amOne in particular is Sekhmet; The lioness/sphinx with horns, I would LOVE to see her make an appearance on screen.
Be careful what you wish for. That might backfire as we saw with Amhuluk.

I recall based on monitor screens shown in KotM, Sekhmet might be more of a centipede-like titan.
I can't find the tweet, But Mike Dougherty said she was a lioness or sphinx.
Here: https://www.facebook.com/10527967083653 ... 396801763/
Last edited by yogi bareass on Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

Dropping the R-word? Seriously?
Either grow the F up or leave.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Not even I would stoop to that kind of level. Just wow man and I admit I'm not proud of stupid things I've pulled off this site which I'm trying to make amends for and trying to be the person I once was again so I can get everyone's respect again as the chill guy I was before.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Moogabunga wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:07 pm [img]
And I hope you enjoy your tempban!

RIP Evan.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

You going too far dude, like seriously

Added in 1 minute 52 seconds:
To moogabunga, not you SoggyNoodles2016, sorry if there is a misunderstanding

obZen
Interpol Agent

Post by obZen »

I think the ‘Godzilla Jr’ idea should only come to fruition at the very end of ‘phase 2’ of the MonsterVerse — and only as an egg.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

obZen wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:59 pm I think the ‘Godzilla Jr’ idea should only come to fruition at the very end of ‘phase 2’ of the MonsterVerse — and only as an egg.
Speaking of that. Would anyone object to Godzilla being able to reproduce asexually?
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

ernesth100 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:46 pm
obZen wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:59 pm I think the ‘Godzilla Jr’ idea should only come to fruition at the very end of ‘phase 2’ of the MonsterVerse — and only as an egg.
Speaking of that. Would anyone object to Godzilla being able to reproduce asexually?
Flashbacks of Godzilla 1998 coming in 3, 2, 1...…

I'd rather at the very end of the Monsterverse if Godzilla has to die, another is either found buried in the ice or born through HE to eventually take his place. Leaving it open knowing another Godzilla will eventually rise as a protector of earth an end on that note. I would rather not have any baby Godzilla's before the very end...

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Me too. It would feel so awkward to have Godzilla's son walking around with him in the MV. This Goji doesn't emote either so there's that blockade.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!