Godzilla Vs Kong: How would you do it?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Godzilla Vs Kong: How would you do it?

Post by Gojira1604 »

This movie is about to release so discuss how you'd handle its plot and other more specific aspects like the monsters. Assuming you were given control of this film and perhaps weren't inspired or influenced by all the recent trailers. Heck, for more creative liberties, perhaps discuss how you'd have done or organized previous Monsterverse entries leading up to your version of GVK. Of course, hide spoilers please.
Last edited by Gojira1604 on Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

KaijuCrazy02
Ronin

Re: Godzilla Vs Kong: How would you do it?

Post by KaijuCrazy02 »

This will be a big read, hope anyone is up to go through a decent bit of scrolling :lol: I am going to go over how I would run things from Godzilla (2014) all the way up to Godzilla vs Kong (2021,) without further ado, here we go!

Godzilla (2014):

I would have actually opened up with the USS Lawton incident, it would have been an intense action sequence of other American battleships shooting at the Big G in an attempt to kill him. It is supposed to have Godzilla as a menacing threat in the early going, from what we can see, there is hardly any survivors with the exception of five people. One of those people belongs in the family of Ford Brody, once the flashback sequence ends, we go to the present day where an elderly great grandparent of Ford Brody's son is telling Sam Brody the story of Godzilla (he isn't directly referenced by name)

I would have given Ford Brody and Sam Brody some character development throughout the film while also staying true to Godzilla, we have moments of Ford and Sam bonding as father and son, which makes us feel for the characters. Sam would also be older than he was in the movie, he would be around the age of ten.

I would have kept the MUTOs as the main monster villains of the film as well, I would have human villains play a role in the film as well.

We meet Ishiro Serizawa and Vivienne Graham at a large mining sight, at first the two of them are seen talking amongst themselves. They are speaking about Godzilla, but still not referencing him by name just yet. Vivienne asks if the thing in the mine: "is that him?" to which Serizawa replies with: "No, there must be more than one."
It is revealed that a large saurian skeleton has been excavated at a large mining sight, which also somewhat reveals the design of Godzilla.
It is at this mining sight that the villainous Alan Jonah and a band of mercenaries attack, Vivienne gets wounded and has to be sent to a hospital, Serizawa visits her from time to time, which builds character development between the two. What Alan Jonah has come looking for is a map of outpost locations throughout the globe, which he finds during the shootout.

We return to Ford Brody and his family, Sam tells him about the story of "the king," to which Ford Brody playfully teases his son as being an old tale that his grandfather always used to say to fantasize him, Sam, however, has his doubts. They speak about this tale on the car ride home after Ford picks up Sam from school.
Once Sam gets home from school, he heads upstairs to do his homework and Elle Brody shows a picture of a blue light mysteriously glowing the ocean. It was sent by military personnel, Ford Brody is part of the military in this hypothetical envisioning of the movie. We all know what the blue lights belong to, it is reported as an unknown anomaly, and it goes all over the news.
Not too long later, Ford is on the internet when he finds a picture of the Godzilla skeleton halfway revealed at the mine which is over in Utah. He is shocked at this revelation, and has a hard time believing it, he gets called away from the computer when Elle delivers the sad news that his grandfather has passed away. A saddened Ford weeps, this is supposed to help get the audience on Ford's side, they should be slowly getting with him thanks to his father and son bonding with Sam.
When Ford returns to the computer, the image of the Godzilla skeleton has mysteriously vanished, as if it was taken down for some reason.

The movie continues for some time and we get an intense action sequence at a Monarch outpost dubbed "Outpost 14," a gigantic chrysalis is shown off in the middle of the night. All hell breaks loose when Alan Jonah and his men attack the outpost, then blowing up the chrysalis to reveal the male MUTO! The pre-mature MUTO flies off into the night, with the event being labeled as an earthquake by the media on the news the next morning while Ford is watching it.

There is more character development between all the human characters somehow, and more tiny hints of Godzilla are shown off during this time. During this period, Ford slowly starts to realize that something isn't adding up, and he begins to speak with his father, who lost his wife during the "Janjira Incident" in 1999. Ford tells his father that he noticed a picture of a dinosaur skeleton the size of a building being excavated from a mine in Utah, and then the picture was taken down, the blue light photos that were all over the internet had also been mysteriously taken down as well, as if these things are supposed to not be found or seen by the public eye. Ford tells his father "what more could the government be hiding from us?"

Ford's character development with his father would bring them to the Janjira location, where another Outpost is discovered containing a chrysalis. The events play out the same as they do in the movie with the exception of something added in, it is Alan Jonah that kills Bryan Cranston's character, which is supposed to make the audience dislike Alan Jonah.

The events of Joe Brody's death play out like this: The Female MUTO awakens, and she seems confused at this new environment surrounding her. Unsure of what to do. Everyone is going insane as they try to figure out a way to either kill the parasitic monster or flee, this is when Alan Jonah and his band of mercenaries arrive, although it seems that they have less numbers than before... this is because half of his mercenaries, including Asher Jonah, his son, have been following the Male MUTO around throughout the night, recording and broadcasting it's mating calls.
Alan Jonah has his mercenaries broadcast the Male MUTO'S calls on gigantic speakers or intercoms at the outpost, which causes the Female MUTO to freak out, and start destroying things in a sex driven frenzy!
Joe Brody tries to rush at Alan Jonah, who is seen holding a pistol in his hands. Joe has a feeling that whatever the mercenaries are doing is pissing the Female MUTO off, but when he tries to stop Alan, he gets shot and slowly succumbs to his wounds while an enraged Ford Brody watches on, and mourns his fathers passing as he gets airlifted away.

With his grandfather and father passing away, the audience is supposed to feel more for Ford.

Monarch joins the military in trying to find the location of the MALE MUTO, and this is when Serizawa and Ford begin to speak with each other about the company known as Monarch. Ford references the USS Lawton incident that his grandfather told him and Sam Brody about, Serizawa reveals that it is true, and not just a fairy tale, and it is also during this conversation that "Gojira" is name dropped similar to how his name is spoken of in the movie.
It is also revealed during this scene that several Monarch outposts exist.

Outpost 54: Titanus Gojira (located in Bermuda)
Outpost 55: Titanus Angilas (located in Italy)
Outpost 56: Titanus Rodan (Located in Mexico)
Outpost 61: Titanus Mosura (Located in China)
Outpost 33: Titanus Kong (Located in Skull Island)

There are several more outposts but those five are the only ones that Serizawa reveals to Ford, he asks the scientist about how many outposts there are to which Serizawa replies with: "17, and counting."

The rest of the story is the same with the Male MUTO in Hawaii, and Godzilla's arrival is the same. Every event in the film is the same going all the way until the final battle, here are the things I would change in those periods of time.

More human character development, you get to see Godzilla fight the Male MUTO for a longer period of time before the fight cuts away, Godzilla doesn't need uses a smaller version of the nuclear pulse against the Male and Female MUTOS when he is getting double teamed, but eventually still needs help from the military.

There is an after credits scene that takes place a few years after 2014, in 2016. King Ghidorah is discovered, and labeled "Monster Zero" as a surprise for the after credits scene.

Summary of how I would run Godzilla (2014):

I would have a bunch more character development for Ford Brody and the other characters we have grown to love in the Monsterverse such as Serizawa, I would have the audience really feel for these human characters instead of saying that they don't care for them. I would also give Godzilla more screen time.
To stay in continuity of the Monsterverse (because people feel that Godzilla 2014 feels like a stand alone film,) I would have introduced Alan Jonah in this film, and the concept of large outposts. I would give Bryan Cranston's character more time to shine, and make his death more emotional to pull the heartstrings and get the audience to hate Alan Jonah and feel for Ford. The same can be said for Ishiro Serizawa and Graham as they are seen speaking to one another at the end of the film.

Kong: Skull Island

I honestly feel like most of it would remain the same, I myself really didn't see a huge problem with it. The only thing I would change is that I would give Conrad and Weaver more character development, and I would also give Sam Mills and that Cole more character development as well. A common criticism I see from fans on YouTube for some reason is that the humans felt boring...
I think they handled Hank Marlow very well, he was my most liked human character in that movie right along with Packard. That movie had some solid acting in it imo.

Things I would add in:

We have a flashback sequence of Bill Randa surviving the USS Lawton incident, the scene plays out just like how it did in the flashback sequence of my Godzilla 2014, but it would be from the perspective of Bill Randa.

I would add in an action sequence involving the Icarus Tiger.

Kong would fight a gigantic monster that looks like some sort of bear as a way to demonstrate his strength along with him easily taking out a few juvenile Skull Crawlers.

A reference to the 1962 KKvG movie is shown off when Kong is seen eating gigantic red berries, it would be a scene where Marlow is walking with Conrad and his crew through the jungle in the area where he describes the large chirping ants. They look up to see the ants munching on the large red berries. Marlow tells them how the Iwi call these berries "Soma" berries, and it supposedly acts as "whiskey" or any alcoholic beverage for the creatures, and Kong is seen stumbling around like he is drunk, this is supposed to be a comical moment that makes the crowd laugh and a couple good jokes are made in this scene too.

That does it for things I would add in, the after credits scene is also the same.

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019):

Right off the bat, I would remove the pointless character that is Dr. Coleman, I never liked that guy. His character was too much of comic relief while Bradley Whitford's character of Dr. Rick Stanton is decent, he actually made me smirk with his actions and lines, and somehow he made the audience in my theatre laugh much to my surprise.

This movie would basically open up the same way with Madison and Emma Russel at Mothra's location only to get suddenly attacked by Alan Jonah and his new group known as Apex (yes, the same Apex from GvK.)
The government is listening to the people and agrees with them about removing all titans, and is doing anything they can to put down Monarch who they are now consistently demonizing. Alan Jonah's group of mercenaries was formed into a full fledged organization, and the two companies always butted heads over the years in conflicts.

We get some more character development now between Ford Brody and his son, the two are seen doing target practice at the house when Elle Brody reveals that Monarch has called, they are requesting help now.
Ford Brody tells his son and wife goodbye for now as he heads over to Outpost 54.

Ford Brody replaces Diane Foster in this film btw

We cut back to China to see Mothra strolling through the jungle towards a waterfall as helicopters follow after her, Jackson Barnes is in one of the helicopters as he follows the larva towards the waterfall.

We then go back to a house located in Florida, after the events of San Francisco in 2014, Ishiro Serizawa and his family moved to the Sunshine State. There is a heated argument between Ren Serizawa and his father about Godzilla. Ren is enraged that he hardly ever gets to see his father because he has devoted his life towards Godzilla and worship him rather than stick to his family and love them, Ishiro and Ren go through their argument. We have to feel emotional to both of these characters when Ren says:

"What happened to the man that raised me? The same man that cared and cherished his family?" Or something among those lines, Ren is hurt by this, and we can see equal amounts of pain reflected on the face of Ren while a tearful wife of Ishiro Serizawa silently weeps over her conflicting family.

Ishiro eventually gets a call mid argument and discovers that the government is requiring him along with Vivienne Graham to head to a senate hearing about Monarch and the titans.

We have a flashback sequence of Alan Jonah losing his mind and going insane after hearing the news of losing his daughter, this scene goes on for a good few minutes, the emotionally distraught Alan is a person who we're supposed to be feeling sympathy for after learning what pushed him on a path towards villainous ways. It cuts back to Alan Jonah, who has his gloved hands balled up into fists, having a new plan to set free "Monster Zero."

The osprey in which Alan Jonah and his crew are flying in lands at one of the few Apex locations around the world, a fearful Emma asks what is going on, Alan replies that they are laying low after setting free Mothra from containment.

A few days pass and we catch up with Serizawa and Graham at the senate hearing which happens in the same way from the actual movie (of course without Sam Coleman's stupid "titan sex" comic relief moment)

The two of them meet up with Mark Russel, and it happens exactly how it goes in the actual film.

From this point on, the events from the actual film go on as usual. There is some more human character development, and Emma doesn't seem like a "Thanos styled" villain, when she is speaking to the crew on the USS Argo, she actually has a gun pointed at her head by Asher Jonah (who doesn't die during the Antarctica Skirmish.) It feels like she is being forced to go along with Jonah rather than doing it at will.

One thing I would add in is during some point of the film, Ren Serizawa joins his father on the mission to stop Emma Russell from setting free all of the titans around the world. I would also reveal the Oxygen Destroyer weapon here to make sure it doesn't feel shoehorned in like it actually was in the film in real life.

There is more character development from Ren as he scrolls through memories of his childhood with his father and the rest of his family having fun before the events of 2014, when his father seemed to love Godzilla more than his own family, and he gets even more upset with his father when he hears him rambling about Godzilla and titans.

The entire Rodan sequence goes on the way it does from the irl film, all the way until the oxygen destroyer is dropped into the water.

Instead of Admiral Stenz suddenly showing up to abruptly shoehorn the OD in, it is actually Ren Serizawa who stole the bomb codes from Ford Brody, Ford tries to stop Ren from launching the Oxygen Destroyer, but the two wrestle around, and Ford is eventually knocked out while Ren slips away.

The moment is shocking and intense as Ren discovers that he is the one that has the power to kill Godzilla and Ghidorah, and upon dropping the OD everything comes to a standstill when Godzilla flatlines, and Ghidorah rises out of the water.

Ren didn't know that Ghidorah was going to survive, and the whole crew chew him out for it. Ishiro confronts his son alone on the matter, and the two get into another heated argument that gets even more deep when Ren says in Japanese:

"Perhaps I can finally meet your grandfather, who I idolized so much because you weren't there for me when I needed you." Referencing Ishiro Serizawa's dead father, stating that he would rather spend an eternity with his grandfather in Heaven than live on the hellish world with his father since he never felt loved when he was at his lowest points in life.

The rest of the film up until the climax is dark and moody, as we then get to see titans ransack the entire Earth. The events from the novelization play out in this hypothetical film with Mokele Mbembe escaping containment, Behemoth escaping containment, and it also shows Anguirus wreaking havoc after escaping from his outpost. His skin is a more emerald green color, respecting the OG suit.

These scenes have callbacks to the original Godzilla film from 1954 when:

A mother reassures her crying child that they will be with their father in Heaven before Ghidorah decimates their home with them inside.

An orphaned child crying out for his dead mother at a mass burial site, his mother being a victim of Ghidorah's rampage throughout Washington.

"Prayer for Peace" gets sang at a church in Japan, an original soundtrack from the Gojira film.

That's it for the Gojira callbacks, we also get to see Admiral Stenz and his crew get destroyed during the battle of Washington before Madison makes her way to Fenway Park.

Ishiro Serizawa sacrifices himself, and it is a whole lot more emotional due to the story that was told between him and his son Ren. This was the last straw for Ren, and he betrays Monarch to join Apex...

The film from Serizawa's death goes on to be the exact same.

Summary of my envisioning of Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019):

This version of the movie would contain no dumb one liners or failed attempts at comedy humor, it would be a whole lot darker than the version we saw in the movies, darker than Godzilla 2014. It will be a more depressing and emotional story being told in the same vein as the original Gojira was,
the film introduces Anguirus to the Monsterverse in his glory, and also has continuity with the last film with Ford Brody being a character in this film as well. Character developments continue, carrying over from my version of Godzilla (2014) as well as new character storylines being made up.

Godzilla vs Kong:

Assuming I made this movie without seeing any of the plot leaks or the toy leaks or the TV spots or trailers, this is how I would do it:

The film would open up with a flashback to 2019, my version of GvK would have a few years of timeskip to it, probably five years or six.
It would show Skull Island being swamped with a biblical thunderstorm as an enraged Kong pounds his chest furiously, roaring at the sky. He knows something is up, and he doesn't like it.

Kong is pissed off for two reasons: One is because he is aware of Ghidorah, he knows how he looks and what is going on due to telepathic powers that this older Kong would have, and the other is because it is stirring up the SkullCrawlers.

Kong journeys into the Hollow Earth, but doesn't go too far in it as it would be saved for the Hollow Earth journey later in my envisioning of the movie. When he gets to the HE, he decimates the SkullCrawlers with ease as an early way to show off his strength. These SkullCrawlers are the size of Ramarak (The Big One from K:SI,) but Kong is way bigger, instead of being 330+ feet in the actual irl film, my version of Kong would have him at a height of 360 feet.

Kong grabs the tail of one of them, and slings it into a couple more, smashing all of their bodies against the rocky walls of this HE entrypoint on the island. Another SkullCrawler jumps out of the air, but Kong catches it with both hands, and tears it in half similar to how he torn the helicopter in half in the 2017 film, and slams both halves into the ground with a fearsome roar.

Another SkullCrawler lunges at Kong, but the ape snags it out of the air with one hand, the reptilian creature wraps it's tail around Kong's forearm, and shrieks at him in defiance, Kong proceeds to bite down on the neck of the SkullCrawler, and tears it's head off like Ozzy Osbourne biting the head off a bat. The tail unwinds from his forearm, and he uses the headless corpse of the SkullCrawler as a weapon, slamming it against others that come his way.

The total amount of big SkullCrawlers Kong would have killed is ten of them. Once he kills the last one, he rears his head back, roaring triumphantly. However, he knows there is more work to be done, so he looks deeper into the tunnel, knowing that the Hollow Earth is bigger than he really thinks, that is when it cuts back to the modern day times.

Titans are being drawn towards Skull Island, which has Monarch Outpost 33 on it. On the island is a mechanized giant in which is MechaGodzilla.

(I'm using MechaGodzilla as a reference to the "mechanized giant" which was seen in one of the news articles during the end credits of KOTM)

Outpost 33 appears to be more like a fortress, with high walls, MechaGodzilla stands in the center of it all. It has a dock for large ships such as battleships, cargo ships, and a couple aircraft carriers. The outpost also contains a bigger section of it, built completely underground as a subterranean base. In this section of the outpost, it has large megafauna containment chambers for various creatures found around Skull Island, both big, and small.

There is again, some human character development between the good human characters. Such as Ford Brody and the rest of his family, Madison Russell and her father. At this point, Ford Brody is starting to get a bit older now, and he starts to somewhat slow down more. He's close to retiring age, with his son having some good firearm skills, wanting to be like his father when he grows up.

The first monster conflict we get is when a cargo ship is on it's way to Skull Island during the night. It is during a thunderstorm, with intense lightning crackling about the night sky, the rain is blinding. Monarch is sending supplies to Outpost 33, and Ren Serizawa, Alan Jonah, including several others in Monarch disguises are on board, hiding within the crates.
The cargo ship is suddenly attacked by large tentacles from the ocean! It is the doing of Titanus Kraken, who is angry that a ship is trespassing in it's domain. The tentacles punch through the windows of the bridge on the ship, pulling several personnel out, these personnel fire at the tentacles with measly weaponry such as regular pistols and a shotgun, obviously doing no damage. The tentacles also pull several gigantic crates off of the cargo ship, and as things are starting to look bad, a mighty roar is heard!

Kong is seen standing on the top of a mountain, lightning flashes all around him as intense rainfall obscures most of his body, appearing as a silhouette in all of the lightning. The ape charges into the water, doing battle with Titanus Kraken. This pays homage to his battle against Oodako in the original 1962 film. Kong uses various crates that have fallen into the water to smash them against the multi armed titan, cracking the shell on it's head. He bites and tears several tentacles off, but more and more come as it tries to drag Kong into deeper waters. Kong stomps on the eye of the Kraken, which blinds it. While the Kraken is stunned, Kong grabs the cone shell of the titan, and viciously tears it off!
Kong finishes Titanus Kraken off by stabbing the tip of the shell into the body of the monstrous cephalopod, killing it, and allowing the cargo ship to continue the voyage.

A human action sequence occurs at Outpost 33 when the crates are all being opened, Alan Jonah and his crew attacks, gunning down several guards, and fighting their way into the Outpost, this causes several personnel to run into the jungles, while others hide within the gigantic fortress. Ren Serizawa gazes at Mecha-G, wondering why they would build such a robot, to which he asks an employee of Outpost 33 at gunpoint.
The employee reveals that MechaGodzilla was built in case if Godzilla ever died in battle, they would have a perfect, if not, better replacement than the actual Godzilla himself. Ren thanks the employee before shooting him in the head at point blank, filled with hatred for the titans, especially Godzilla.

We get some more character development with the Brody family and the remaining two Russells, all of which are located at Outpost 54. These moments are supposed to make us feel for the good human characters in any way or form, this goes on for some time, until they receive a distress signal from Tokyo, Japan, and Outpost 33...

It cuts to Godzilla swimming towards Tokyo, pissed off due to something messing with him. As it turns out, the MechaGodzilla located at Outpost 33 has a stronger device of the Orca, it doesn't have a name, but it viewed as a completed device rather than some sort of project. Alan Jonah had taught Ren Serizawa how to handle the device after learning it from Emma Russell, the device that controls MechaGodzilla is the severed head of Ghidorah.

(Again, I'm not taking this from the actual plot of the real movie, I'm going off what happened in the end credits scene and after credits scene of KOTM)

The bio-acoustics of MechaGodzilla act as some sort of dog whistle for Godzilla, and since it has the sounds of Ghidorah contained in it, Godzilla is freaking out. The range of the sound is worldwide, but since it is like a dog whistle for titans, humans cannot hear it, the only sound they hear is a very faint, droning buzz, almost silent.

Godzilla ransacks Tokyo, and stops his destruction when he reaches the Tokyo Tower, thinking that is the source of the sound, only to realize that the sound continues after he destroyed the tower, becoming more enraged, the Big G sets off to find another potential source of the sound, and destroy wherever it is located. Not stopping until the sound goes away.

Right after Godzilla destroys Tokyo Tower, it cuts to Kong who wakes up from a supposed nightmare, but this was actually a telepathic vision of Godzilla destroying the city. The ape had seen people running, and since he was closer to humans than any other titan or megafauna on the Earth, it greatly disturbs him, so he retreats into the Hollow Earth to try and construct some sort of weapon that he thinks could potentially slay the dragon that was Godzilla.

We get more good character development between Mark Russell and Madison Russell, who are still located at Outpost 54 while Ford Brody and a crew of soldiers on the G-Team, including Jackson Barnes, heads to Tokyo to assess the damage in which was left in Godzilla's wake. It cuts to Tokyo after the father-daughter bonding moments between the two Russell's, Ford Brody's G-Team squadron is trying to find any reason as to why Godzilla attacked Tokyo, while also rescuing trapped citizens from the rubble, and getting the hurt to safety.

Ford Brody and the military crew take a battleship ride to Skull Island, as they are riding towards the island. A Monarch official calls him from the Outpost, saying that the fortress had been taken over, but the underground wing hadn't been found yet. The official also states that "Kong has gone missing," and tells Ford that he is more than likely in the Hollow Earth.
Ford tells the official to close all access to the subterranean wing of Outpost 33, and to start up the Iron Moles.

The Iron Mole is a vehicle in which will enter the Hollow Earth, it looks like a large tank mixed with a gigantic drill at the front. They are the HEAVS for my version of GvK. The drill part of the large vehicle can fire a beam like a maser cannon, and it also has two turret guns mounted on the left and right side of the drill facing at the front of the vehicle, these guns can fire enhanced missiles designed to kill megafauna and potentially titans, and it can also fire freezing gasses that can lock a monster in place.
Another part of the Iron Mole is rocket boosters that can shoot it up in the air if it needs to "jump" over rough terrain or to get it out of tough situations.

Back at Outpost 33, Ren manages to hack into several Monarch Outposts, and laboratories across the globe. He decides to broadcast the MechaGodzilla Orca call to Outpost 54, in which Godzilla passes by from time to time. He does this so he can help wipe out Monarch, and what a better way to demoralize them by taking out their flagship facility, he does this because he views Monarch as "titan protectors and worshippers," and says that they must be destroyed as well, including Godzilla.

It cuts to Outpost 54, and there is some more human development with Madison and Mark until Godzilla unexpectedly arrives... The Big G is still pissed, and he's come back to destroy the Outpost as he can hear the Orca call coming from it. They close the blast doors, and prepare for the fight of their lives. They somewhat hold their own against Godzilla, but in the end, he destroys the maser turrets surrounding the facility.

Godzilla also destroys the blast doors, and the ocean waters begin to flood the entire facility. This would lead to an intense sequence of Madison, Mark, and several other Monarch employees, scientists, soldiers, and officials all struggling to flee the facility. Madison and Mark make it to the submarine docking bay, and literally have to fight to get a submarine. While this happens, water bursts through the walls, and they begin to run on borrowed time. Unfortunately, in an emotional moment, Mark Russel puts his own life over his daughter's and has her get to the safety of a submarine right when the waters engulf them...

Madison escapes with several other unknown humans, crying hysterically in a saddening moment after losing her father. In her mind, she wonders why Godzilla is doing this, and what could be causing it.

We cut back to the battleship as it continues to get closer to Skull Island. There is slightly more character development as Ford speaks to Sam and Elle Brody on his phone before hanging up. The human characters speak amongst themselves about Godzilla, Kong, and Outpost 33, and what is going on with both titans. Dr. Stanton is with them, he provides humor and comic relief for the movie (I would make the humor a whole lot better and bearable.)

The characters eventually find out that Outpost 54 was lost, destroyed by Godzilla. There is a moment of silence, but the hypothetical soundtrack that plays has the audience feel emotional for the lives that were lost, a few of the characters are crying, those being Dr. Stanton, and Jackson Barnes, although Barnes tries to hold back tears.

After an emotional few minutes, Dr. Stanton tries to explain what could possibly be going on, but he is interrupted when the entire battleship is shook by something. Soldiers begin to make their way to the battle stations, a titan is attacking the ship.

The battleships look different, they have been enhanced so that they have guns underwater so they could fire at aquatic titans if one was to ever attack the ship. A couple other battleships, and a lone aircraft carrier had accompanied them on their journey to the island, the other older model battleships are sunk by this mysterious titan.

The mysterious titan is revealed to be a new one, one of my OC's known as Titanus Makara:
Based on the Hindu water dragon of the same name, but modeled after sea monster designs from the middle age maps of the seas. Makara has a thick body, and a boar shaped head. The snout of the head has something similar to an elephant's trunk instead of a short pig snout. It has two gigantic fins on it's back similar to those of Titanosaurus' fins, but smaller, between these two large fins are three rows of spikes on the back. It also has two large, curving tusks that jet out of it's mouth. On the sides of it's body are small tentacles, three on each side. It's fin on the end of the tail is shaped like a shark's tail.

Titanus Makara sinks the ships by goring them with his tusks, also allowing the tentacles to reach inside of the ships, grabbing soldiers, dragging them to his open mouth.

Dr. Stanton explains that this titan is known as Titanus Makara, and it was originally from the Indian Ocean. Jackson Barnes asks "what the hell is it doing so far from there!?" Stanton assumes it was thrown off due to the environmental impact of Ghidorah's storm from a few years ago.

The special designed battleship in which Ford Brody and the others are in is known as the Calico (a reference to the boat from the Hana Barbera cartoon.) After it manages to wound Makara, he retreats to the darker depths. Aquatic drone cameras catch the glowing green eyes of the sea titan as it comes rushing back up, sending the USS Calico spinning around violently, knocking several people off of their feet as the boar headed sea beast flops on to the aircraft carrier.

Makara worms around, devouring troops and fighter jets, his tail smashing into the island tower of the aircraft carrier, killing all of the troops inside as his tentacles reach for the burning troops as they try to escape the fires, hurling them into his mouth, and using his elephant trunk to whip other troops off of the carrier. The beast uses the tentacles to grab the sides of the doomed aircraft carrier, pulling himself back into the ocean.

The USS Calico finally kills Titanus Makara after firing an enhanced missile right into it's open mouth, blowing the beast to bits, the human heroes managing to escape the intense encounter with the titan by the skin of their teeth. They eventually discover that they aren't too far from Skull Island, and can see the dark clouds of the perpetual storm system in the distance.

Monarch scientists located at the underground section of the base can see APEX troops marching down the halls to get to the elevator in which would take them to the lower levels. They decide to release three Death Jackals as a means to protect them, they aren't tamed, and they have to close them off from getting to them, closing a gigantic doorway with a blast door, one scientist is lost in the brief skirmish during this sequence.

Ford Brody and company arrive at the Outpost, entering into the underground section through a secondary entrance that hadn't been discovered by Alan Jonah and Ren's crew yet. Ford notices that they are all outnumbered as the number of APEX troops at this location greatly swamp Ford's men, despite being better trained, they are beaten by numbers, and Ford isn't so confident.

The gang enter the Iron Moles, which can fit a total of ten people inside of them. There are two Iron Moles, and they break out of the facility, trying to locate Kong on the surface. Five people are in one Iron Mole, and five people are in the other one. Ford Brody and Jackson Barnes are in one of them, and Dr. Stanton and Dr. Brooks are in the other one.

The Iron Moles make their way to the other side of the island, passing by creatures from Kong: Skull Island, such as Sker Buffalos, and Icarus Tigers, including other potential megafauna. By the time they reach the other side of the island, the sun is setting, and they get met with a grim reality. Godzilla has arrived in search of the Orca call...

The USS Calico had been following the Iron Moles by circling around to the other side of the island in wait for the Iron Moles to arrive, it was captained by another person, however, the futuristic battleship had been destroyed by the Big G. As Godzilla stomps his way towards them, Kong arrives, throwing a huge boulder right in Godzilla's face to distract him!

This is when Godzilla and Kong first fight each other:

The fight on the island is equal in terms of how many hits the two monsters get on each other. Kong is faster and more agile, able to dodge Godzilla's attacks but not all of them. Godzilla is able to get some bites in on Kong, and manages to claw him up some, but not enough damage is done to injure Kong yet. I won't describe the entire fight, but I have some "highlights" if you will:

1.Kong gets rammed against a mountain by Godzilla, and wraps an arm around his neck in what appears to be some sort of a guillotine choke. Godzilla starts to choke due to the ape's great arm strength, but is able to escape by lifting his body up, sitting Kong down on the mountain, this lessens the pressure enough for Godzilla to slip out. As the Big G goes to bite at Kong, he gets kicked in the face and staggers back some.

2. Godzilla manages to bite down into the left bicep of Kong, causing the ape to roar in pain. Kong fights back by using his right elbow to try and smash it into the King of the Monster's head, but it does nothing, so Kong resorts to jamming his finger into Godzilla's eye to escape.

3. Kong throws a punch at Godzilla, the Big G attempts to lunge forward but Kong moves back and performs an axehandle strike (a wrestling move) down on to the top of Godzilla's head, which stops him from biting, however, a determined Godzilla charges forward, clawing Kong on the torso, finishing his combo with an upward strike to Kong's face, this gives him some bloody scars.

4. Kong throws another boulder at Godzilla, and jumps at him at the same time. The Big G times it, and hits the boulder back at Kong using his tail, knocking him out of the air.

5. Godzilla has Kong pinned down, the two roar at each other, Kong uses a handful of sand to throw it in Godzilla's eyes, blinding him for a moment, allowing Kong to escape.

6. Godzilla bites into Kong's shoulder from the front, and Kong tackles Godzilla into the shallow shore waters. The two wrestle around, dislodging the chain and anchor from the USS Calico in the process.

7. Kong uses the anchor of the USS Calico to slash up Godzilla's torso, but it doesn't seriously wound him, but it leaves some bloody scars. Although Godzilla does feel the wounds, he fights through the pain, knocking Kong down with a well timed tail whip.

8. Kong uses the chain and anchor like a mace, he gets a few hits in but Godzilla swipes downards, severing the anchor from the massive chain. Kong proceeds to use the chain like a whip, lashing Godzilla repeatedly, it doesn't do loads of damage, and Godzilla charges at Kong to try and tackle him, but the ape dodges.

9. Kong wraps his right hand in the chain, trying to have his punches do extra damage, they slightly do extra damage with every punch he lands, but not enough to cause significant damage.

10. Godzilla manages to clamp down on Kong's chain wrapped hand, and the ape gets behind Godzilla, using his free hand to wrap the chain around the neck of the Big G to try and free his hand while also choking Godzilla out.

11. Godzilla is nearly knocked out, but uses a weaker nuclear pulse to blast the ape away from him. When Godzilla goes to finish Kong off, a high pitched shriek fills the air, it is so loud that it causes Godzilla to roar in pain, and retreat from the island while Kong is heavily damaged. This fight is a draw.

So that is it for their first fight, highlights 6-11 happen somewhat close to each other, but obviously other things happen in the fight. The high pitched shriek was an intensified version of the sound in which was troubling Godzilla. Ren had dispatched drones during the fight so he could see what was happening, and right before Kong was finished off, he set off the Orca to have Godzilla back away.

Kong eyes the Iron Moles, and gets up, dusting himself off while he takes in deep breaths to try and recover from that first fight with Godzilla. After getting hit by the pulse, he knows what this enemy is capable of. He heads into the Hollow Earth as the Iron Moles follow him...

As they make their way in the Hollow Earth, Madison is at an empty Tropicana Field in Florida where several people are recovering from Godzilla's attacks, he was attacking various cities before the film, destroying Miami before the beginning. She watches as news helicopters follow Godzilla's dorsal plates over the water.
Maddie begins to have a newfound hatred for Godzilla, but she doesn't dislike him as much as her father once did, she was always there to give the Big G a chance, thinking something has got to be causing him to act up.

Now with the Hollow Earth:

The Hollow Earth in my version of GvK is both similar to the actual one we've seen (so far) and it is also not similar. My version doesn't have those anti-gravity, floating boulders, but it does look like an inner Earth with a sky, and upside down mountains at the top of it.

My Hollow Earth also has several biomes, and it even has various Oceans. It has large grassy fields, to jungle like terrain, to large deserts. It also has mountain ranges, colder environments, and more tropical environments, and of course it has loads upon loads of megafauna and titans that have yet to be discovered.

The creatures in my version of the Hollow Earth:

The Hollow Earth's design basically looks like a blend between the one seen in the actual GvK film and the one from At the Earth's Core (1976)
and it also takes away some of the creatures designs shown off in At the Earth's Core film as well. I believe the actual books from AEC is in the public domain, which allows the names of the Hollow Earth cities to be used.

The cities and human locations of the Hollow Earth are supposed to look older than any other civilization on Earth, their buildings are made out of large stone bricks or mortar, and they have various structures that have similar looks to ancient buildings on the surface such as Rome, Egypt, and others, but also looking vastly different at the same time.

Kong fights a few creatures in the Hollow Earth as he picks up his weapon that he had crafted while he had gone missing or off Monarch's radar, it is a large stone club, something that can be made more easily than Kong's axe from the actual film, but more simple. It looks like a primitive baseball bat.

The first creature that Kong fights is a large green saurian titan known as....Gorosaurus, in my version, I would have tried to acquire the rights from the dinosaur and have Legendary create a new design for him, but one that respects the original suit as well.

The fight actually goes similar to how he fought Gorosaurus in King Kong Escapes but it is more intense and violent as Gorosaurus manages to claw Kong's chest a few times and get some bites in on his arm. Of course Gorosaurus gets his signature kangaroo kick in on Kong a couple times, but in the end, Kong is able to take him down, get to the back of Gorosaurus, and break his jaw. Gorosaurus should either be Kong's exact height, or slightly taller.

The next group of titans Kong fights is what I call the Titanotherium, they come at him in a group! These creatures stand upright, with two nasal horns curving upwards, and two extra horns jetting out of their head at the top. Their heads face forwards similar to Godzilla, but they have a more rhinoceros look to them, they also have a mohawk of hair that goes from the top of their head down to the bottom of their neck at the top of their back, their claws are long, and their tail is short.

Kong is able to bash one of them on the head with his newly acquired club, knocking it out as another one rushes at him, attempting to gore him with it's tusks, Kong jumps out of the way before jumping from a mountain, swinging his club down on the top of another Titanotherium's head, knocking it out as well.

Kong lands on his feet just to get gored in the side, the burst of pain has him release the club as another Titanotherium comes charging in from the front, Kong jumps up and kicks it away, but it rushes in again. Kong growls in pain as he holds on the nasal horns of the one at his front while thrashing around, trying to get free of the one in which has gored his side.

The Iron Moles help him out as they fire the beams from their drills, one of them goes right through the neck of one of the Titanotherium, the one at his front, the other Iron Mole takes out the Titanotherium as it goes through it's side, however, it doesn't kill the beast. Kong takes the nasal horn, and tears both of them off before plunging both into the chest of his enemy, killing it.

So that is three Titanotherium's and one Gorosaurus that Kong has taken out as a way to demonstrate his strength so far in his journey through the Hollow Earth.

Kong and the Iron Moles eventually reach a gigantic mountain in which the ape would have to climb to get over, but before he can start climbing, a large winged creature emerges from a cave in the ground to attack him!

This creature is all black in coloring and has a semi-humanoid appearance. It has shaggy fur that covers it's shoulders and most of it's back, but it's front is mostly leathery flesh, it's shaggy black fur wraps around the waist and covers up the thighs while it's calves have a talon like appearance. It has two large tusks jetting out of it's mouth, and two large bat like ears.
It tries to swoop down at Kong and hit him in the chest with a kick, Kong sidesteps and clobbers this titan with a massive clothesline that shoves it back a bit. It flies at Kong again only to get grabbed, and then slammed into the mountain at full force.

The titan manages to claw Kong in the face and then attempts to bite at his neck, only for Kong to grab it by the head, snapping it's neck. After this, Kong begins to scale the large mountain before him while the Iron Moles follow a path upwards. The Iron Moles encounter two new creatures, fire breathing toad-like monsters. After a brief struggle, one of the toads is frozen by the freezing gas on one of the Iron Moles, and the other one is grabbed by Kong and eaten.

Kong eventually gets to the other side of the mountain, and continues his journey to reach Godzilla's location. He tracks the Big G using his telepathic powers.

Kong eventually arrives to gigantic snowy mountains, the tips of these mountains reach close to the roof of the Hollow Earth. Far above these mountains is none other than New York City, where Godzilla is currently located. Kong traverses through the snowy mountains, and gets into another fight with a gigantic snow covered ape like creature in which the fight seems equal until Kong uses his club to bash it's skull in, killing it.

Godzilla can sense Kong, knowing he is somewhere beneath the ground. He continues to tear through buildings, fighting off the military with ease. However, he sniffs the air, and looks around to try and find where Kong could possibly be. Military attempted to kill Godzilla as he was swimming towards the city, accidentally blowing up the statue of Liberty in the process, sending her remains flying all throughout the city.

Within the HE, Kong is within jumping distance to grab the bottom of the upside down mountains, noticing a tunnel that would potentially reach up to the surface again. Little does Kong know, but another titan is using these tunnels to get to the top in order to try and stop Godzilla.

As Godzilla destroys some more of the military against him, Behemoth rises from the Hollow Earth and does battle against the Big G!

Behemoth manages to hold his own, he is able to keep Godzilla at bay with the use of his reach advantage with his tusks. Each time Godzilla get's close to him, he simply thrashes his head from left to right, his tusks smacking into the Big G. Behemoth also is able to get close thanks to his hairy body being able to withstand high temperatures, when Godzilla fires his atomic ray into the mammoth, he is able to slightly tank the atomic breath, but it still causes him pain due to it slowing Behemoth down.

Behemoth surges forward as he ducks his head low to tank the breath, and once he is close, he rears up on his hind legs as Godzilla goes to quickly re-charge his breath, the mammoth slams his front legs into Godzilla, knocking him through a building. As Behemoth closes in on Godzilla, the Big G uses his tail to strike his tusks, breaking both of them. This is when Godzilla begins to turn the tide of the battle by getting some clawing in on Behemoth's face, this forces him back against a building, to which Godzilla uses to his advantage, firing a beam at the building, and making it collapse upon the mammoth's back, this forces him down and allows Godzilla to claw him repeatedly in the face until he blacks out.

Right when Godzilla is about to finish Behemoth off with a point blank atomic breath on the head, Kong's roar is heard, and a pissed off Godzilla slowly turns around. Kong's arrival is somewhat similar to Godzilla's arrival in the final battle in KOTM, badass and intense.

This is when the final battle begins, it goes in two phases (or three.)

The first phase has Godzilla and Kong fairly equal, I don't have as many highlight moments for the first phase but here they are anyways:

1. Kong beats on Godzilla with the club some, and after he gets hit a good few times, he bites down on the club, finally breaking it in two pieces!

2. Kong springs off of a building and kicks Godzilla in the face, showing off how he can use his environment against the Big G.

3. Later on, when Kong attempts to spring off another tall building again, he gets tail whipped out of the sky. Godzilla charges up his atomic breath, ready to nail him from behind but Kong can see the reflection of the blue glow at the building in front of him, and when Godzilla fires, he ducks underneath it and sneaks around the building. He uses the hole that was drilled through the building to leap through the smoke and tackle Godzilla through the Flatiron Building.

4. Godzilla tries to hit Kong with his beam a few times, but Kong uses the buildings to dodge them all, it lights several buildings on fire, and proceeds to turn New York into a hellscape with the night sky turning red.

5. Kong uses the statue of Liberty's head like a boulder, leaping in the air from behind a building, Godzilla fires his atomic ray up at Kong, Kong chucks the head down towards him and it hits the breath, but due to Kong's great arm strength, the head gets set on blue fire and strikes Godzilla on the head, the hit making him collapse into a building, remaining standing.

6. Godzilla runs at Kong after becoming irritated at his opponent, Kong lowers himself, scooping Godzilla up into a perfect fallaway slam into the Rockefeller Building. The building collapses over Godzilla, but the Big G saves himself by using an atomic pulse, sending Kong flying a good ways away from him.

7. A biblical thunderstorm begins to slam the city in torrential rainfall, thankfully, we are still able to see Godzilla and Kong brawling with each other thanks to the glow of the neon lights as well as the massive fires that have been lit around the city.

8. An enraged Godzilla uses another atomic pulse that sends Kong flying again, it also makes a gasoline truck tip over, spilling the gasoline all over the street. Godzilla fires his atomic ray at Kong, but the ape is wise to roll out of the way, a blue flame strikes the gasoline, and bright blue fire is created, atomic fire in a way. Kong happens to be laying near the statue of Liberty's torch, he grabs the torch and sticks it in the blue fire, igniting it to become a real torch instead of a fake one.

9. Kong uses this torch of atomic energy to his advantage, and wallops Godzilla for a time with the torch, even knocking him down with it due to the pain he is inflicting. Kong scales the Chrysler Building, and goes for the killing blow as he jumps from the top, Godzilla counters with a huge atomic beam that strikes him in the stomach, pushing him back to the top, ultimately sending the atomic torch flying right through another building, making the building turn into a massive column of fire.

10. Godzilla stomps towards the Chrysler Building, an a determined Kong rips the large needle from the top of the Chrysler Building, lunging down at the Big G, using the needle as a spear like weapon. Godzilla attempts to slash at Kong, but the needle pierces his hand, causing him to roar in pain.

11. Godzilla manages to knock Kong away with a tail whip, he pins him down with his foot, ready to finish the ape off but Kong uses the needle to stab Godzilla in the left eye, gouging it out. This causes Godzilla to collapse on his side, pawing at his gash on his face, Kong drops the needle and tries to break Godzilla's jaw.

12. Godzilla turns the tide of the fight by unleashing a "blue spiral ray" right into Kong's jaw at pointblank, sending him in the air, and crashing back down on his back. From this point forward, Godzilla dominates Kong after Kong had dominated him in the early going.

After Godzilla has Kong pinned down, he unleashes a massive atomic ray down at his chest, ultimately killing Kong. He keeps his foot on his chest and roars into the sky triumphantly. The Big G continues to rampage around New York City as the massive thunderstorm rages on above Kong.

Human heroes begin to weep or be silent for the fallen Kong who they viewed as a hero, what they don't know is that MechaGodzilla is well on the way. Ever since Godzilla began to head towards New York City, Ren had been piloting the mechanical beast, and is hellbent on taking Godzilla out now, venting all of his hate and rage on the King of the Monsters.

However...as the thunderstorm continues, a massive lightning bolt strikes down, striking Kong right in the chest! The bolt shocks him back to life, and he instantly begins to search for Godzilla. However, it shocked his heart a bit "too much." This raised Kong's heartbeat signifanctly, driving him into an enraged frenzy. Kong fights to control this, balling up his fists, it is revealed that electricity sparks in his fist as he squeezes it tightly.

The lightning boost makes Kong so angry that he cannot even use his telepathy to locate Kong, so he scales to the top of the Empire State Building, a reference to the original King Kong. Once he is at the top, he stares down into the smoke filled abyss that is New York City, his eyes are glowing with lightning, lightning crackles can be seen trailing from his eyes. Kong eventually finds the blue glow of Godzilla's dorsal plates within the smoke.

This lightning boost makes Kong extra powerful, now his punches can actually do damage, and he cannot take damage as much as easily. Each time he gets hit, Kong only gets more enraged. The ape grabs hold of the lightning rod, and then lightning strikes the rod, making Kong roar furiously as he pounds his chest.

Kong removes the rod, hurling it down towards the blue glow within the smoke, once the rod strikes the ground, it sends out a massive pulse that pushes away the smoke, and Kong can see Godzilla clearly now. While Godzilla is stunned against the building, Kong leaps down with a huge elbow drop that hits Godzilla on the top of the head.

This begins the second phase of the final fight between Godzilla and Kong, here are the highlights of this second phase:

1. After hitting Godzilla with the elbow drop, Godzilla is dropped on his stomach, Kong begins wailing on him in a blind frenzy. Getting a total of ten hits in on Godzilla before reaching back for the lightning rod, planning on stabbing it through Godzilla's head to kill him, but Godzilla manages to knock him away with an atomic pulse, albeit, weaker...

2. A little bit later, Kong hides from Godzilla within the smoke, and he eventually comes bolting through like a bat out of Hell, springing off of a building and connecting with a (for you wrestling fans) Roman Reign's style superman punch right to Godzilla's gills, a weak spot for the Big G.

3. Later on in the fight, Godzilla begins to claw Kong's chest some, drawing blood, but this only makes Lightning Kong more pissed. The ape cocks his arm back and nails Godzilla with a gigantic punch that knocks some teeth out of Godzilla, to the Big G, it feels like his skull is splitting apart with each hit (even though it really isn't.)

4. Godzilla gets only more angry, and the two begin to trade blows, swinging at each other with reckless abandon. This continues for most of the fight.

5. Godzilla gets on all fours and spins, sending his tail cracking into Kong's side, this makes Kong stagger to the side, and Godzilla tries to whip him with his tail again, but Kong grabs hold, letting out a roar, he pulls him closer, and swings him right into a building, allowing the building to fall on Godzilla and bury him.

6. Kong pounds his chest furiously, as Godzilla emerges from the rubble with an atomic pulse. The sight of Godzilla even moving pisses the ape off at this point as he stands his ground. Godzilla growls at Kong, causing the ape to charge at him, decking Godzilla with another superman punch that forces Godzilla to all fours again. Kong waits for Godzilla to rise back up so he can German suplex him right through another building.

7. They fight some more, and a bit later, Kong is able to grasp his lightning rod again. He goes to punch Godzilla to stun him but the Big G swats away his right arm, however Kong uses his right arm and snags Godzilla by the throat with one arm. He uses his left arm to jam the lightning rod right into Godzilla's mouth (a 1962 reference.)

8. Godzilla starts to choke on the rod, and Kong squeezes it to cause lightning to surge down Godzilla's throat, causing his mouth to foam up, the vision of the Big G starts to get blurry as he uses all of his fading power to launch Kong away with another massive atomic pulse that sends Kong smashing through a building.

9. Godzilla gets back up, it is revealed that the atomic pulse had shattered his maple leaf spines, some of them but not all. As the thunderstorm continues to rage on, daylight begins to come in. Lightning strikes Godzilla's remaining spines, surging him with power, and re-energizing him as he was brought to near death by Kong's lightning rod in his mouth. As for Kong, he was momentarily knocked out, and now he was back up, the lightning boost has worn off.

10. Godzilla approaches Kong slowly, and as the ape gets up, Godzilla swings his tail right into Kong's liver, bringing him down to all fours. Godzilla gets behind him, allowing him to slowly stand only to whip him near the kidneys with his tail, this causes them to darn near stop, Kong collapses to all fours again, tears drop down from his eyes due to the pain. Godzilla then kicks Kong in the ribs, breaking one of them, causing the ape to cough out blood as he is forcefully rolled on his back.

11. The fight finally comes to a decisive end as Godzilla looms over Kong, a weakened ape looks up at the King of the Monsters with hate in his eyes, slowly lifting up a middle finger as a last act of defiance (cheesy, I know, but a badass defiant loss for Kong.) Godzilla looks offended, and knocks Kong out with a stomp to the face.

Godzilla rears his head into the sky, letting out a roar into the sky of victory. However, while he is roaring, he is struck by gigantic missiles to the side of the neck, toppling him over due to their power. He looks confused as there is no missiles that powerful...

Godzilla looks up in shock to see MechaGodzilla coming right his way...

My version of MechaGodzilla is more bulky than how the actual MechaGodzilla looks in the movie (If you've seen it.)

He also has different weaponry than the actual MechaGodzilla, they are:

1. Blinding lights that can be flicked on within his eyes.

2. He has purple beams that can be fired from maser cannons built within his arms, fired from the palms of his mechanical hands.

3. MechaGodzilla can also fire a bolt of red lightning from a crest on his head, the crest flashes green when it fires the lightning.

4. His claws can slice through the toughest hide, cleaving through Godzilla's tough hide with ease.

5. He has rocket boosters on the undersides of his feet, he can get an extra "oomph" with every strike he lands by using these rocket boosters.

6. MechaGodzilla can also shoot "elbow missiles" from his elbows, he lifts his elbows up and what appears to be drills are launched from them. These missiles drill into the flesh of his target and blow up when lodged in deep enough, creating gigantic wounds.

7. He can also shoot a golden beam from his mouth that has yellow lightning crackling off of it.

Those are most of what he can do in his normal form, MechaGodzilla will transform in my version into something much more powerful...

Now that Godzilla and MechaGodzilla are squaring off, their fight begins. Here are some of the "highlights" from the fight.

1. Godzilla and MechaGodzilla trade blows with one another, it seems to be equal until the mechanized giant flashes Godzilla with the eye blinders, stunning Godzilla long enough for MechaGodzilla to slash his head, neck, and chest. Blood splatters all over the place with each hit that MechaGodzilla lands.

2. Godzilla fires the atomic ray just for MechaGodzilla to duck under and shoot towards Godzilla with his rocket boosters, spearing him through several buildings, and then flying him into the air before dropping him, firing his purple beams towards the falling Godzilla with both arms firing in unison.

3. Later on in their fight, MechaGodzilla fires his golden beam towards Godzilla, and the two get into a beam lock in which goes back and forth until the mechanized giant's metal plating start to fall apart at the shoulders, revealing golden scales beneath, Ren Serizawa notices this as well, and starts to appear slightly concerned, a golden lightning bolt fires from the golden scales, stunning Godzilla, allowing MechaGodzilla to overpower him and win the beam lock.

4. A small bit later, Godzilla unleashes an atomic pulse that shoves MechaGodzilla back, metal plating begins to fall apart now, revealing more golden scaling on the other shoulder.

5. Godzilla looks at these golden scales, noticing that they are strikingly similar to a certain three headed dragon, MechaGodzilla pauses, letting out that Orca call as Ren smirks, Godzilla finally has located the source of the sound, and furiously charges at MechaGodzilla, the machine fires the elbow missiles, landing into the torso of Godzilla, the King of the Monsters ignore them and tackles Mecha-G, until both of them blow up. His chest has a gigantic open wound on it, and every time his heart beats, you can see ripples of it on the exposed flesh on the wound.

6. A tad bit later, Godzilla rushes at MechaGodzilla once again just to get blasted in the open wound, making it deeper than before as chunks of bloody flesh fly from the wound, Godzilla collapses on his stomach.

7. Kong is seen moving again, his eyes fluttering open to see what is going on with MechaGodzilla and Godzilla. He has a telepathic vision, a memory of the golden dragon, his eyes notice the golden scales, and he begins to understand what Godzilla is after. The ape can see that Godzilla is heavily wounded, and it wouldn't take too much more to kill him. The ape picks up a massive chunk of a building, and moves towards Godzilla!

This is where the team up battle begins, here are some highlights:

1. The team up battle opens up when MechaGodzilla fires the golden beam at Godzilla's wounded chest, however, there is a massive explosion that sends the mechanical giant back some, smoke clouds the vision of MechaGodzilla, Ren wonders what is going on until a huge fist decks the machine right on the head, knocking it over with one blow!
The smoke clears to reveal chunks of rubble all over the ground, and a heavy breathing, angry Kong standing tall, glaring down at MechaGodzilla.

2. Godzilla looks surprised that Kong is actually helping him, and he slowly begins to get up while he roars at Kong to start fighting the mechanical giant. The ape rushes at Mecha-G, jumping into the air for a large ground/pound punch, but is swatted away by MechaGodzilla's tail, the tail explodes on impact to reveal a golden tail with a spiked club at the end of it.

3. A bit later, Kong and Godzilla rush at MechaGodzilla in a pincer movement, the mechanical giant fires it's purple beams at both monsters. One arm aiming at Godzilla, the other one aiming at Kong. Both monsters are hit hard by the beams, and both are dropped to the ground.

4. A while later, MechaGodzilla is looming over a downed Godzilla, Kong tries to attack the mechanical giant from behind but is bashed on the face by the spiked club at the end of the golden tail, knocking him down, this is a long enough distraction for Godzilla to unleash an atomic ray to the face of MechaGodzilla, blinding Ren.

5. A little bit later, MechaGodzilla is decimating Godzilla after separating Kong with a red lightning bolt that had created a large gash on Kong's bicep. However, Kong is up, and before the mechanical giant can kill Godzilla again, Kong hurls the Chrysler Building needle right through Mecha-G's neck, causing sparks to fly out of it, but it doesn't stop the machine. MechaGodzilla turns his attention to Kong, and rushes at him. Kong lures him away from the cleared out area as he gives Godzilla time to get up and properly recover.

6. Kong struggles to fight off MechaGodzilla, getting easily thrashed as he tries to put up a fight. As he is knocked to the ground, Godzilla fires a blue spiral ray from behind that shatters some of Mecha-G's spines. Kong crawls away as Godzilla rushes at Mecha-Godzilla, the King of the Monsters gets attacked yet again, and is bullied by his mechanical counterpart.

7. Before MechaGodzilla can kill Godzilla, Kong roars, getting Ren's attention, and making him cuss in rage. However, a large lightning rod goes right through MechaGodzilla's head, making the machine malfunction as several metal panels begin to fall away from it's body. When Ren tries press the fire button for the purple beams, MechaGodzilla doesn't do it, as if it now has a mind of it's own.

8. MechaGodzilla has now become a Mecha-Ghidorah abomination.

9. The Mechanical Abomination unleashes a gigantic golden pulse that completely flattens New York City, knocking both Godzilla, and Kong out. Ren is trying to find a way to escape this thing, but can't.

10. Later on during the final battle as the cloudy skies begin to part, Godzilla and Kong are up again. Kong has stabbed the lightning rod in the center of the Mechanical Abomination, weakening it as now the two monsters start to turn the tide.

11. Godzilla uses an atomic pulse to incinerate the wings of the abomination so it cannot fly, Kong sends two huge punches to the Ghidorah heads that have grown from the body as he puts all of his power into them.

12. The final blow occurs when Kong begins to tear into the body of the Mechanical Abomination, pulling out the bones of none other than Dagon, while also pulling out the guts of Ghidorah, which had started to take over the MechaGodzilla device. Ren is killed during this, and as the Abomination is twitching on the ground, Godzilla uses a red spiral ray to turn it to ashes.

Kong and Godzilla look at each other, and the rubble all around them after they pulled off the seemingly impossible. Godzilla approaches Kong, giving him a nod and a look of respect. Kong does a respectful knocking on his scarred up chest with one arm, both monsters have so many wounds and cuts all over them, you would think it is impossible that they are still standing.
After putting each other through absolute hell, and testing their limits in their fight, and in their fight with MechaGodzilla, they have earned each other's respect.

Godzilla has somewhat of a smirk on his face, he rather enjoyed the rough fight and turns back toward the ocean, traveling to a cave underwater while Kong heads into the Hollow Earth, traveling back home to Skull Island.

The song Over Now by Alice in Chains plays in the background as we catch up on the humans, mostly with Ford Brody and his family. It shows them having fun, the music fades away as it goes to Madison Russell, who signs up to enter the G-Team.

The movie has it's first ending with Godzilla letting out a triumphant roar within the underwater cave, and Kong pounding his chest on Skull Island.

The epilogue shows Alan Jonah holding several plant DNA's in test tubes, and Godzilla DNA in the other. He states that Godzilla will face the wrath of mother nature herself "very soon." and then the film ends, implying to Godzilla fans that the next monster is Biollante, while leaving the general audience to theorize and be excited for the next entry.

So that does it for how I would make my Monsterverse, it would be a whole lot more involved with the stories of the humans and monsters both. It would balance out the humans and monsters with equal amounts of character development, at the cost of longer movies. It would try to make you really feel for the human characters and have great continuity all the way through.

Godzilla vs Kong would have lots of violent fights, and gore in terms of how brutal they are. It would make the fight more memorable though, I would try to make all of the movies memorable and fun, but dark and emotional at the same time.

I put several days worth of thought while typing this out. I used a lot of brain power while forming these ideas :lol:

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I actually really love GvK the way it is. The only major change i’d make would be to KOTM and a few minor ones to GvK.

Jonah would go and hold Madison and eventually Emma hostage with some of his goons in the Russel’s old Boston home. Mark and the G-Team would rescue them both in a gunfight and leave Jonah to die under some rubble. He’d eventually be killed by Burning Godzilla’s nuclear pulses.

Simmons would’ve been the one to buy Ghidorah’s head off of the fisherman instead of Jonah.

The edit of GvK would expand and flesh Ren out some more, making his hatred for Godzilla, sadness of his father’s passing, and his motivation for exacting his revenge on Godzilla a prominent part of the film.

Otherwise i’d leave the entire rest untouched
Last edited by Jermobooka on Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

airforce111
Interpol Agent

Post by airforce111 »

More godzilla screentime in GvK, he feels almost second hand. And also they missed a HUGE opportunity with that hole godzilla made that leads to hollow earth. Final battle couldve been even more creative in zero gravity, floating and in the hall of kongs, using energy from the core etc

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

If anyone has seen my thoughts on the movie, I would change pretty much everything so it actually feels like a follow-up to KOTM. I actually wrote a near full rundown but I'll just give the highlights:

1) The media is kind of in love with hero monsters now so Monarch needs to do a lot more PR. Ren Serizawa is a villain protagonist who is part of a news team but was behind the creation of the Oxygen Destroyer.

2) The Oxygen Destroyer is not in use anymore due to it causing a widespread ecological disaster, including toxic rainstorms across North America, the Pacific and East Asia. Godzilla still wants to find the "Titan" who did this.

3) Hollow Earth is a series of dark tunnels and chambers. There are pockets that are underwater, ones with temples, both water and land. A pretty large variety. Difference here is that they are a lot more spooky.

4) Ren resents monsters. Not so much because his father died reviving one, but because he sees them as a threat to humanity and was never able to quite talk it over with his father. The two never came to an understanding and he resents his father for endorsing the current state of affairs.

5) Ren and Madison become friends despite a rocky start when Godzilla crashes the party at Lake Champlain searching for its resident monster (who is also the Loch Ness monster using Hollow Earth tunnels to get through.) They both have guilt over what their parents did but Ren doesn't think Madison should be regretful due to her being a kid.

6) Monsters are unexpectedly popping up in places. A sudden spider attack and the surfacing of a new lizard Titan near Skull Island finally gets Ren to use an Oxygen Destroyer in an attempt to kill Kong.

7) The plan was to kill Kong and then reveal Nessie's location to Godzilla and Oxygen Destroyer them too. It is actually a plot by Charles Dance so that Ghidorah's resurrection can go off without a hitch unbeknownst to Ren but either way goes tits up when Godzilla detects the Oxygen Destroyer and goes to Skull Island, destroying large portions of the island in the process and garnering a grudge from Kong.

8) Kong being brought to a "secure location" turns out to not be so secure and becomes a bit of a circus because of a weasely TV exec. Gets worse when Kong wakes up.

9) Climax is when Godzilla finds Nessie but Jonah wakes up Kong with the plan for them to kill each other. Kong's call makes the monster aggressive so Godzilla has to fight it before getting to Kong, allowing a very similar incident to what happened with Ghidorah to transpire around the globe because suddenly a second alpha has appeared, confusing the monsters like how Ghidorah's head was confusing smaller monsters.

10) Ren survives the film but Jonah is killed when Godzilla beats Kong and detects the Oxygen Destroyer as Jonah prepares to set it off in a last ditch attempt to destroy both alphas. Jonah is vaporized on screen by the atomic breath.

11) Ren does get some comeuppance. His ignorance nearly costing Godzilla and Kong their lives, not to mention the environmental destruction from the second Oxygen Destroyer, gets him put under arrest.

Some details about the fight:

- On Skull Island, Kong attempts the classic jaw-breaker on Godzilla after sneaking up on him. He can't manage to pry them open and almost loses his fingers to the atomic breath.

- Godzilla fights Kong tooth and claw for the most part. When Kong uses the terrain to get an advantage Godzilla takes it out with the breath but he also pulls a callback to the male MUTO finisher at the end of the battle.

- Kong being more intelligent than Godzilla means that he generally uses guerrilla tactics and tries to trap Godzilla due to not only having prep time but also knowing more about Godzilla due to the Skull Island fight.

- Godzilla eventually flips the script and figures out Kong's tactics so when Kong tries to set a trap and lunge at him Godzilla smacks Kong into a mountainside and bulldozes him through the range. It's only after this that Godzilla cares to convey that he was hunting the Oxygen Destroyer on Skull Island and had no beef with Kong.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I would have shown more kaiju in Hollow Earth, such as showing that Rodan is down there now.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Very basic not very fleshed out but here's my quick plot that I would have done and I've been cooking this plot ever since the release of KOTM. The use of the Oxygen Destroyer in KOTM leads to the birth of the very first mutation or "artificial" titan Destroyah initially only manifesting as a small swarm of flesh consuming parasites traveling throughout the ocean on the currents. This is discovered by Alan Jonah and his men when they arrived to purchase the remaining KG head. Taking a sample of this swarm Alan and his men retreat to skull island to further develop this swarm into a weapon to completely wipe humanity off the face of the earth. Godzilla encounters the swarm and senses the "artificialness" of it and links it to the other man made things he encounters such as ships. This leads to Godzilla becoming more and more aggressive to humanity. Eventually as Alan develops the swarm into a full blown mutated titan Godzilla senses its presence on skull island and attacks the island. Because of skull island's unique geography Godzilla's rampage actually threatens to collapse or sink the entire island into the sea which would kill every animal on the island and the entire Iwi population. Kong fights Godzilla to defend both his home and the Iwi who to show their faith in Kong as their defender present him with the Godzilla fin axe which they had made for him. Their fight is interrupted by the fully grown Destroyah who proceeds to attack both titans. I haven't figured out how Godzilla and Kong defeat Destroyah but they obviously do. I also imagined the fight between Godzilla and Kong ending similarly to the actual film we got although it would have been more of a tie. Kong refuses to bow before Godzilla but also doesn't seek to attack Godzilla after Destroyah is defeated. As Destroyah is defeated the other titans from KOTM arrive on the island. Godzilla senses that Kong is a worthy ruler of the island and leaves skull island with Kong as the alpha titan of skull island that all the other titans must bow to while on the island. The other titans presence on the island essentially make skull island the Monster Island of the MonsterVerse.

I haven't figured out the entire human plot but I did imagine one scene which I think would have been pretty cool. Either right before or during the final fight with Destroyah, an swarm of smaller Destroyahs chase after the human cast who retreat behind the Iwi wall. As the swarm arrives the Iwi decide to bring out their sacred and most lethal weapon. Because of the reveal of the axe you would assume its some nasty looking weapon but it turns out to be a pair of drums. As the Iwi form a crowd and drummers begin to play two identical Iwi women step forward and begin to sing Mothra's song. As the Destroyahs descend on the Iwi the ground erupts as two Mothra larva appear in answer to the Iwi's song and defend the humans. Because the Iwi are completely silent I thought it would be cool that their ultimate weapon would have been the use of their voice.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

I'd just have Kong put up a better fight tbh.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I would imply that the other Titans that bowed to Godzilla at the end of the last film, migrated to the Hollow Earth to avoid pissing off Godzilla. I would also let Godzilla have at least one more good hit against Kong with his breath. They failed more miserably on the character of Ren Serizawa than I thought, so I would definitely flesh out his motivations.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

One of my main critiques was the fact this film was basically two plots put into one that should have been separate films and barely focused on the Vs. title of what the movie was meant to be about.

Chronological order.

1. Kong: Skull Island
2. Godzilla
3. Godzilla: King of the Monsters
4. Godzilla 3 (Godzilla going "rogue" and Mechagodzilla subplot)
5. Godzilla vs. Kong
6. Kong 2: Hollow Earth

That said my ideal plot would have been pretty much the first 40 minutes of the film only the characters on Kong's side of the story decides on bringing him to the hollow earth as his new home due to Skull Island no longer being habitable given the destabilized weather, taking him off Skull Island, Godzilla senses Kong's presence due to their ancient rivalry and Kong's status as alpha and begins to hunt him down as the human characters tries to protect Kong from Godzilla as well as Kong defending himself.

Movie would eventually end like how Godzilla vs. Kong did with Kong finally settling in the hollow earth and following that would be Kong 2: Hollow Earth about Kong living in his new home and movie exploring the hollow earth with worldbuilding and lore notably its and the titans origins and how they came to be.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:32 am, edited 5 times in total.

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

I can tell you a few changes I would make. These are coming off the cuff so forgive me if they’re not in chronological order.

- Give Godzilla his theme back. At least the opening notes. None of this “we’re not worthy” rhetoric that Wingard was saddled with.

- Instead of demanding we accept that Kong climbs all the way to the surface, have him jump into the hole and then use his axe to slow his ascent as he arrives at HK.

- Let Godzilla get more hits in on Kong. Not because Godzilla needs it, but because Kong does. I love that HK fight, but it makes him look pretty fragile. It really doesn’t take much offense from Godzilla to completely put Kong out of commission, and when contrasted against all the abuse that Godzilla shrugs off (seriously Godzilla takes like 80% of the hits in that fight), Kong just looks weak.

- Cut down on the self-aware crap. I don’t want to watch a character experience near-death and then quip “I wanted to hear the rest of his speech.”

- Simplify MG’s design. As it is he’s basically composed of paper shredder teeth. Too much visual noise.

- Remove the Ren Serizawa character entirely and either have the Apex CEO or some random mook be the pilot. As the film is, the significance of him being Serizawa’s son is gone, and we’re left with a Godzilla movie where the only Japanese character is a stereotypical hair gel techie who gets killed without any input.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

KaijuCrazy02 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:42 pmsnip
Wow! Your versions of the films sound much better then the actual films themselves. Why weren't you the writer for them?

Handsome Shrek
G-Grasper

Post by Handsome Shrek »

1. More straightforward and less of a narrative mess

2. No MechaGodzilla

3. Longer Godzilla and Kong fight

4. Make Godzilla’s head larger. Seriously, it looks ridiculous next to Kong’s
-Based AF

-Logically-minded free-thinker

-King of the Monsters is overhated

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

• The whole biodome thing is cut. Instead, the Skull Island storm dissipated during the events of KotM and the Iwi were wiped out by Skullcrawlers responding to the Alpha call.
  • Madison Russell, like in the novelization, has PTSD.
  • Godzilla still attacks Pensacola but he doesn't target the APEX facility only. I'll get into reasons soon.
  • Team Godzilla consists of Monarch operatives like Mark and Chen. Like in the film, their goal is to figure out why Godzilla is aggressive.
  • Skull Island is flooded by Godzilla arriving. From there, a battle occurs.
  • Kong wins by bashing Godzilla's gills.
  • Tasman Sea part is basically the same.
  • Back at APEX, Ren Serizawa gets more development like in the novel.
  • Mechagodzilla was found rather than made by APEX. Then, they modified it to their liking.
  • We get much more glimpses at the wildlife in the Hollow Earth, including giant rhino-like creatures (reuse of Methuselah concept art) and bat-like aye-ayes.
  • In the Warbat fight, Kong kills one Warbat with its own venomous bite and the other by ripping its jaws apart.
  • Monarch learns that APEX may have some part in Godzilla's recent rampages and sends G-Team to raid their base.
  • When hell starts to break loose in Kong's throne room, Mokele-Mbembe comes in and destroys a HEAV before battling Kong.
  • During the raid, G-Team finds an active ORCA that's been aggravating Godzilla all along.
  • Kong, having learned from his previous fights, targets Godzilla's gills with his axe, dealing serious damage to the latter.
  • After Godzilla defeats Kong, Ren goes out as Mechagodzilla. Ghidorah doesn't take control until the fight has already started.
  • The ORCA is disabled by Mark, allowing Godzilla to come to his senses.
  • Instead of having to be convinced by Jia, Kong decides for himself that he should help Godzilla.
  • The Ghidorah brain in Mechagodzilla starts regenerating to the point that two extra heads grow out of its shoulders.
  • After beheading Mechagodzilla, Kong throws the head to Godzilla, who destroys it with his atomic breath.
  • In a post-credits scene, it's revealed that Ren survived his electrocution.

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

- Ren gets to be the main villain. He’s either the main head of APEX, or reveals to be pulling the strings in some sort of fashion. Huge emphasis on his conflict with his father and Godzilla.
- Maybe more scenes with Mark or Chen?
- Godzilla screen time is increased. Maybe we get a scene of him breaking into an APEX facility while Team G are exploring, and encounters the first Skullcrawler and we get a brief fight. Godzilla beats the Skullcrawler, but still seems agitated. This leads to a mystery to why the crawlers are off skull island, which builds to reveal they were supposed to be used against MechaGodzilla as a test subject. MechaG’s disposal of the Skullcrawler should be far more brutal than Godzilla’s, to keep intimidation present.
- Some further details about the Kong/Godzilla war, and why they were sentenced to their fate on Skull Island.

Honestly there’s not many changes I would make long term, but if I could extend it, these kind of scenes would be neat.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

The Zilla in Manila
Samurai

Post by The Zilla in Manila »

Godzilla 2014:
- Actually show a short fight at the airport. Maybe edit it a way to make the audience crave for proper final fight considering what Gareth was trying to do in regards to Godzilla.
- Show a bit of a fight when Godzilla first sees the MUTO in San Francisco.
- Bonus: Have Cranston make it to the 3rd act at least but I think the improvements above would've made for a much better experience. Movie is otherwise really well done.

Kong: Skull Island.
- Less characters would've helped the film.

KOTM:
- Kyle Chandler was too capable in the film. Some of his suggestions should've been given to Serizawa to balance it out. Would've been better if Mark Russel was wrong a little more and it's Serizawa who makes him accept Godzilla more.
- Could've shortened some of the slow scenes on the way to Atlantis.
- In the final battle, never have Madison leave the stadium and let the family just be spectators to focus on the monsters much like what most Godzilla films and GVK do. Could still have Emma's death scene but the final battle being interrupted by the search for Madison was the wrong call.

Godzilla vs Kong:
- Don't kill off Serizawa, or don't mention his name. Wasted opportunity.
- Other than that, don't think I'd change anything else. Maybe before Kong kills MechaGodzilla let Godzilla swipe MechaG with his tail just to make him feel he helped Kong one last time, though the atomic breath is still one hell of an assist.
Last edited by The Zilla in Manila on Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

"It's funny because I was sitting there with [President Barack] Obama and Leo's [DiCaprio] is talking about the environment and I'm talking about clothes. And everyone looks at me like that's not an important issue or something." - The Brain of Kanye

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

This is gonna sound a bit weird but, bring Ford back for GvK on Team Godzilla. Either replace Josh or have him alongside. He could get wrapped into it because Ernie is trying to find and interview him because Ford is the first man to see Godzilla's behavior up close and he's looking for leads as to anything that could have set him off. Another reason is, as an EOD, Ford would have experience in explosives and Ernie could show him the manifest going to Hong Kong, which could be verified as clearly having weaponry for Mechagodzilla and not whatever bull Apex was spouting. Maddie (and Josh if he is present) catch up to Ernie just as he finds Ford, who never went public about his experiences because he didn't like the limelight. Ford's like a jaded ex-celeb who doesn't like the attention, but goes along with this because of his conscious acting up and not wanting to leave the kids alone. Bit of comedy could be a throwaway line about how they named a warship after him and his father, but Ford laments it was wrecked by Ghidorah at DC.

"How many medals did you get?! Oh oh, I heard they named a new cruiser after you!"
"Too many. And there was a cruiser. Ghidorah kicked it into the Pentagon remember?"

Reason I bring Ford back is he offers a pretty unique, grounded perspective on Godzilla. He initially thought Godzilla just another big monster who didn't pay any heed to humanity, much like the MUTOs, but his experience in San Fran back in '14 changed his perspective when he looked Godzilla in the eye at close range and then later was 'saved' by him. He knows Godzilla isn't evil or malicious, but he's not as far into the support camp the hero worshiping Maddie is. In a way, he could draw a parallel (possibly exposit this on the trip to Hong Kong aboard the Skull Crawler cargo). Ford doesn't see himself as a hero despite any recognition he got post 2014. He was just someone doing their job, much like Godzilla was in some ways. Still he could be fond of him in some ways, at least grateful and that's another reason he's willing to go and clear the Big G's name as Apex is up to the same questionable, fishy stuff as MONARCH once was and last time led to the creature that killed both of his parents going loose. ATJ has some good range and could show that off more here. Plus he'd make a great straight-man to Ernie's comedy.

How they sabotage Mechag could also differ, with them building a bomb to blow up the controls (alcohol is used to set off the kaboom).

göblin
Young Farmer

Post by göblin »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:07 am
  • The whole biodome thing is cut. Instead, the Skull Island storm dissipated during the events of KotM and the Iwi were wiped out by Skullcrawlers responding to the Alpha call.
  • Madison Russell, like in the novelization, has PTSD.
  • Godzilla still attacks Pensacola but he doesn't target the APEX facility only. I'll get into reasons soon.
  • Team Godzilla consists of Monarch operatives like Mark and Chen. Like in the film, their goal is to figure out why Godzilla is aggressive.
  • Skull Island is flooded by Godzilla arriving. From there, a battle occurs.
  • Kong wins by bashing Godzilla's gills.
  • Tasman Sea part is basically the same.
  • Back at APEX, Ren Serizawa gets more development like in the novel.
  • Mechagodzilla was found rather than made by APEX. Then, they modified it to their liking.
  • We get much more glimpses at the wildlife in the Hollow Earth, including giant rhino-like creatures (reuse of Methuselah concept art) and bat-like aye-ayes.
  • In the Warbat fight, Kong kills one Warbat with its own venomous bite and the other by ripping its jaws apart.
  • Monarch learns that APEX may have some part in Godzilla's recent rampages and sends G-Team to raid their base.
  • When hell starts to break loose in Kong's throne room, Mokele-Mbembe comes in and destroys a HEAV before battling Kong.
  • During the raid, G-Team finds an active ORCA that's been aggravating Godzilla all along.
  • Kong, having learned from his previous fights, targets Godzilla's gills with his axe, dealing serious damage to the latter.
  • After Godzilla defeats Kong, Ren goes out as Mechagodzilla. Ghidorah doesn't take control until the fight has already started.
  • The ORCA is disabled by Mark, allowing Godzilla to come to his senses.
  • Instead of having to be convinced by Jia, Kong decides for himself that he should help Godzilla.
  • The Ghidorah brain in Mechagodzilla starts regenerating to the point that two extra heads grow out of its shoulders.
  • After beheading Mechagodzilla, Kong throws the head to Godzilla, who destroys it with his atomic breath.
  • In a post-credits scene, it's revealed that Ren survived his electrocution.
I basically agree with everything on the list here. Some of the extra details you provided sounded really sick too since GvK went all-in on its cheesiness already.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Removing or altering the Mechagodzilla subplot is the core thing that needs to change. I couldn't be satisfied with the battles between Godzilla and Kong because they didn't feel logical to me. Godzilla's over-the-top rage and intensity should've been focused squarely on Kong, not for 'Alpha status' reasons like the film half-assedly suggested, but because of the ancient war between their two species. That skeleton with the axe in its skull was someone Godzilla cared about, and he wants revenge. His anger at and search for Mechagodzilla severely muddled the issue and left me confused as to why he was working so hard to kill Kong. The movie needed to make it clear that this was a deeply personal hatred for Godzilla, moreso than even his rivalry with Ghidorah.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

JAGzilla wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:18 am Removing or altering the Mechagodzilla subplot is the core thing that needs to change. I couldn't be satisfied with the battles between Godzilla and Kong because they didn't feel logical to me. Godzilla's over-the-top rage and intensity should've been focused squarely on Kong, not for 'Alpha status' reasons like the film half-assedly suggested, but because of the ancient war between their two species. That skeleton with the axe in its skull was someone Godzilla cared about, and he wants revenge. His anger at and search for Mechagodzilla severely muddled the issue and left me confused as to why he was working so hard to kill Kong. The movie needed to make it clear that this was a deeply personal hatred for Godzilla, moreso than even his rivalry with Ghidorah.
This. This is the version I want need.
For Emperor and Empire!