Monsterverse Skull Island anime series

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Re: Monsterverse Skull Island anime series

Post by BurningCoolMan »

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Desghidorah wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:07 pm
vastatosaurus wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:11 pm
kaijuguy19 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:51 pm It'd be awesome that along with showing off the megafauna in the series that weren't shown in Kong Skull Island we'd also see some takes on other characters and creatures from King Kong folklore in general be in it like Gaw and/or the V-Rex.
Yeah of course, King Kong series gotta has Dinosaurs. I want like 100ft big dinosaurs to be introduced. We've already seen the remained bone of huge triceratops.

Added in 23 seconds:
in K:SI
Oh yes! Dinosaurs for sure. And to set them apart from JW/JP, I'd actually like a conscious effort to make at least some of them accurate. Ground-eagle raptors when?
100% disagree. Give me prehistoric monster evolutions/titans over generic dinosaurs in this. Really want to see more retrosaurs than anything, the evolutionary bridge between Godzilla and the dinosaurs we know. As unlikely as it is, I would LOVE to see Gorosaurus have a role in this and make him the big foil for Kong and his true challenger as King of the island. And don't just turn him into a generic wannabe I-Rex.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Aw man I was really hoping it was gonna be basically involving around Marlowe and Gunpei.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:28 am
Desghidorah wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:07 pm
vastatosaurus wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:11 pm
Yeah of course, King Kong series gotta has Dinosaurs. I want like 100ft big dinosaurs to be introduced. We've already seen the remained bone of huge triceratops.

Added in 23 seconds:
in K:SI
Oh yes! Dinosaurs for sure. And to set them apart from JW/JP, I'd actually like a conscious effort to make at least some of them accurate. Ground-eagle raptors when?
100% disagree. Give me prehistoric monster evolutions/titans over generic dinosaurs in this. Really want to see more retrosaurs than anything, the evolutionary bridge between Godzilla and the dinosaurs we know. As unlikely as it is, I would LOVE to see Gorosaurus have a role in this and make him the big foil for Kong and his true challenger as King of the island. And don't just turn him into a generic wannabe I-Rex.
I wholeheartedly agree to this, it One of the reason that made K:SI more unique to other incarnations

gigaraptor99
Samurai

Post by gigaraptor99 »

The Wanderer washed up on Skull Island roughly ten years before 1944... maybe that is the shipwreck we see on the series.
“Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.”

''Mankind is poised midway between the gods and the beasts, that may have been true in Plotinus time, but clearly we've fallen quite a way since then."

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

gigaraptor99 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:50 pm The Wanderer washed up on Skull Island roughly ten years before 1944... maybe that is the shipwreck we see on the series.
Oh damn, I never thought about that. That would make the series set in the 1930's, around the time of the very first Kong movie. I wonder if we're going to see Denham and crew be brought into the MV. I also wonder if this means we'll be watching what are virtually ghosts: characters destined to die by the end of the series.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

gigaraptor99
Samurai

Post by gigaraptor99 »

The animation segment of Netflix Geeked is going to start.

“Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.”

''Mankind is poised midway between the gods and the beasts, that may have been true in Plotinus time, but clearly we've fallen quite a way since then."

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

https://twitter.com/Legendary/status/15 ... 0319065088

Our first glimpse of what we'll be seeing in the show.

Trailer coming soon!?

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:57 pm https://twitter.com/Legendary/status/15 ... 0319065088

Our first glimpse of what we'll be seeing in the show.

Trailer coming soon!?
Doesn't show much, but looks awesome to me! I'll be watching.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

We have a date (FINALLY)!

June 22nd

https://twitter.com/Legendary/status/16 ... 8430793730

Poster:

Last edited by NSZ on Tue May 23, 2023 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

https://vxtwitter.com/legendary/status/ ... mzZHgroI8w
Looks like it'll fix my biggest issue with KSI: Making Skull Island actually interesting

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

The animation looks like G 98 the series.

I prefer the animation style from the new Gamera series to be honest (especially if they put a little more finesse and money into it).

The design of Kong doesn’t seem very similar to the MV Kong to me either.

That being said. Nothing looks horrible here. Should be fun.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

I HATE the animation style for the new Gamera series. Having 2D animation is a nice change of pace.
Kong is still recognizable as MV Kong imo, especially the with chest scars.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Finally next month

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Bizarrely soon release date for a show that only NOW has a trailer but okay

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

If this does well, could they produce a Monsterverse Godzilla animated series too?
Gojira18 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:00 am https://vxtwitter.com/legendary/status/ ... mzZHgroI8w
Looks like it'll fix my biggest issue with KSI: Making Skull Island actually interesting.
Could you be specific?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue May 23, 2023 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

Looks alright. Kong doesn't really look anything like either monsterverse designs and the creatures are pretty generic looking cartoon monsters. The only thing that looks like a monsterverse design is the skullcrawler. Without the skullcrawler, the cartoon just looks like a standard Kong cartoon.

Still, it will probably be a fun time waster and lore builder for the monsterverse.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

This may possibly come close to the greatness of Kong: King of Atlantis.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:45 am If this does well, could they produce a Monsterverse Godzilla animated series too?
Gojira18 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:00 am https://vxtwitter.com/legendary/status/ ... mzZHgroI8w
Looks like it'll fix my biggest issue with KSI: Making Skull Island actually interesting.
Could you be specific?
More varied environments, more than just 2 or 3 creatures, and taking more advantage of the whole "Land where God never finished creation" thing. KSI just made Skull Island boring to be frank. It was less an island full of wonderful creatures and more a collection of Windows Desktop wallpapers