What human characters should return?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

What human characters should return?

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

I would LOVE to see the Brody family back. I was sad elizabeth olsen got such a minor role in the first movie. :(
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Italian G-Fan
Interpol Agent

Re: What human characters should return?

Post by Italian G-Fan »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:I would LOVE to see the Brody family back. I was sad elizabeth olsen got such a minor role in the first movie. :(
Since Edwards kinda confirmed that they are dead, I doubt they will return (he said this during the G2014 Watchalong)

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

How are they dead ?
Yooo 8-)

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

JGAR wrote:How are they dead ?
Probably cancer from the bomb going off so close to the city.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Italian G-Fan wrote:
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:I would LOVE to see the Brody family back. I was sad elizabeth olsen got such a minor role in the first movie. :(
Since Edwards kinda confirmed that they are dead, I doubt they will return (he said this during the G2014 Watchalong)
No he didn't, not really anyway

What he said was "OK, so you can argue that Ford died here, and the stadium is heaven"

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I want to see the idea of Ilene and Ling being the Monsterverse equivalent of the Shobijin expanded on more.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Italian G-Fan
Interpol Agent

Post by Italian G-Fan »

Moogabunga wrote:
Italian G-Fan wrote:
No he didn't, not really anyway

What he said was "OK, so you can argue that Ford died here, and the stadium is heaven"
If this isn’t a confirmation of their deaths, then I don’t really know what it is
Last edited by Italian G-Fan on Sun May 17, 2020 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NBG2
Samurai

Post by NBG2 »

The Brodys haven’t done anything of note to warrant a return. So they don’t deserve to come back. Ford Brody is as much a Gary Stu as Mark Russell was. The difference is that Mark Russell actually emoted, Ford is a generic soldier who made everyone else look dumb as dirt by comparison. Mark Russell showed genuine disgust for the monsters, Ford carried the same dead eyed stare even when staring down the Female MUTO as it was raring to kill him. Mark, on the other hand, showed genuine fear when Godzilla looked at him, at first. What does Ford do? Looks over and has a dead eyed stare. No gasp, no jolt of fear at being so close to a 354 foot reptile. Say what you want about Mark, but at least Kyle Chandler outclassed Aaron Taylor Johnson acting-wise.
Last edited by NBG2 on Tue May 19, 2020 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I think the Brodys are done for now. The Russells return for Godzilla vs Kong so that's cool.

I was one of the few that didn't mind Stanton or Coleman so they'd be nice. I don't care either way for Jonah but he'll likely be back with Kevin's head.

The Chen sisters are a must. I also liked Joe Morton's brief appearance in KOTM.

Serizawa, Graham and Stenz were my favorites from G2014 and two of those are gone now. Stenz was even killed in a deleted KOTM scene so who knows about him.

Akira Takarada still needs that cameo.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I was going to say "any of the interesting characters from G14" but the ones with the most potential are all dead so there's nothing to choose from except the ones from KOTM who are already returning.

Man, this "cinematic universe" kinda doesn't feel like one.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Super Duper L33T Random Taser Gaurds who fought Mothra.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

The stadium being heaven, with all those people we think are alive actually being dead, with Godzilla "waking up" because his work back on Earth isn't done, so he can't rest in heaven yet is kinda like, super deep.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I hardly think the director saying "you can argue such and such" counts as "total confirmation"

I also find this to be my favorite attempt at a Cinematic Universe. The MCU had some pretty big ups and downs, and at some points REALLY bashed you over the head with "all the interconnections!" and it stopped being fun after a certain point.

I think the Monsterverse is largely finding a good balance. We can debate quality all day long, but it certainly doesn't feel like we've been given anything close to a "almost pure set-up film" that stuff like Iron Man 2 feels like...or the various solo films like Homecoming, Ant-Man and the Wasp, and Black Panther that just felt like those characters spinning wheels before Infinity War/Endgame take place.

The Monsterverse plays it overtly where it feels called for, but usually subtle enough that it doesn't get annoying or overstated.

I wouldn't mind a cameo just to get an update on the Brody family. OR if there is a big time jump, maybe we can get their son Sam as an adult?

Jonah obviously MUST be back, and for a long time I was hoping he was an aged version of Conrad gone bad....maybe because a Titan killed Weaver and he was very upset about it?

I know we got Brooks, but I would love to see any of the survivors of Skull Island back as old folks, just for fun, or for reveals that any of them became Titan victims. Even having their grown up children as adult characters works well enough for me.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Mosura92
Ronin

Post by Mosura92 »

Id like to see Milly Bobby Brown actually get the chance to do some acting that isnt over the top and Mark Russell back though i think we got his A game in KOTM and i thought it was passable. Id also really like to see the idea of the Shobijin to be further expanded on and def want to see Houston Brooks again since i feel like hes in essence what s.h.i.e.l.d./Agent Coulson was for the first phase of the marvel movies even though he wasnt in 2014 but Skull Island sort of ammended that with the Skull Island events taking place in 1973. Oshea Jackson Jr i wouldnt mind seeing again with better given dialogue.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

The Chen sisters certainly, considering them and their family are for all intents and purposes the Shobijins/Cosmos/Elias/Houtua of this continuity.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Joe Brody should be resurrected and his brain implanted into a next gen anti-Titan weapon code named "Jaguar." And then, during the midst of a big attack, Jaguar is deployed and in Joe's voice declares "I am the one who knocks." and proceeds to kill every Titan.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Honestly? Would love an older, more jaded and gruff Ford Brody to return. In Godzilla 3, Ford could have become just like his father and be obsessing over the Titans while hiding off the radar with his family. He could be roped into the Monarch business to help deal with a new threat he’s been studying for the past ~11 years since 2014

There’s quite the amount of potential with him imo
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Houston Brooks, Diane Foster, Mark Russell, Maddie Russell, Jia, Ilene Andrews, Chen and Ling and Alan Jonah are really the ones l'd like to see return.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Not Julian Dennison.
For Emperor and Empire!

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Voyager wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:14 pm Not Julian Dennison.
Agreed on that he is the absolute worst character is the MV even worse than Stanton.