Godzilla vs Kong General Discussion (No Spoilers)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
VOID GHIDORAH
Monsterland Worker

Re: Godzilla vs Kong General Discussion (No Spoilers)

Post by VOID GHIDORAH »

Vakanai wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:27 pm
VOID GHIDORAH wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:52 pm
Vakanai wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:38 pm

The previous films weren't that serious though. Heck, KotM was approaching full MCU unserious as it was. If they felt we needed a breather for that, they must not think much of our mental faculties at all...
2014 was pretty serious, I’d say.

And KOTM had millions of deaths at the least worldwide, not even factoring in the natural disasters that were tearing the planet apart. Godzilla almost died. The Oxygen Destroyer permanently wrecked the ecosystem and fishing industry in the area of Isla del Mara. And even though the Titans are repairing their damage, the world’s still in ruins.

It was pretty damn serious, unlike the MCU and its lack of real consequences for its mass destruction. Hell, the Snappening was reversed.
I'm sorry, it has nothing to do with you but I'm just kind of burnt out on talking about this film. Sorry for quoting you and bringing it up.
Ah, no biggie. I’ll drop it.