Godzilla vs Kong General Discussion (No Spoilers)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Godzilla vs Kong General Discussion (No Spoilers)

Post by _JNavs_ »

Living Corpse wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Nah just speculation,
Nice sig.
Thank you!
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Boy wouldn't it be funny if they actually made a profile for Marlow's big ants for the upcoming comic?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Living Corpse wrote:Boy wouldn't it be funny if they actually made a profile for Marlow's big ants for the upcoming comic?
I wonder if they'd have bird beaks :lol:

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I'm okay with the big ants popping up somewhere.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

daveblackeye15 wrote:I'm okay with the big ants popping up somewhere.
In your kitchen
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Well no, more like in the movie. Ever hear of Pharaoh Ants? Those guys are tiny and pesky.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Uh oh. Speculation about thus film moving again has emerged, in light of the art book and picture book moving.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

KingKaiju wrote:Uh oh. Speculation about thus film moving again has emerged, in light of the art book and picture book moving.
Saw that, it's just eeerrr! People need to chill, if the movie is getting delayed again there will be an official statement sometime soon. An art book and book aimed at little kids getting delayed, doesn't mean that the movie is.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I kind of feel like Godzilla not destroying some military weapons when fired upon in G2014 was a mistake. I get what Gareth was going for, most people don't go out of their way to kill every ant they see, but a better analogy would have been bees or wasps. Godzilla doesn't go out of his way to stir the hive, so to speak but if someone stings him he will retaliate. (I also know the real life military "helping" make the movie had something to do with that as well).

The scene of Godzilla examining the submarine in KOTM after the revival from Dr. Serizawa would have been more suspenseful if Godzilla has been shown killing military weapons in the past angered but because we never saw him do that in this series I never felt like there was a possibility of them being in any real danger. I mean Godzilla is a wild animal, you're not really supposed to know what he's gonna do.

Now that we established there are bad humans interfering with monsters affairs, I'm hoping we get to see Godzilla blast some human bad guys. Have your cake and eat it too.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Mon May 25, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Living Corpse wrote:I kind of feel like Godzilla not destroying some military weapons when fired upon in G2014 was a mistake. I get what Gareth was going for, most people don't go out of their way to kill every ant they see, but a better analogy would have been bees or wasps. Godzilla doesn't go out of his way to stir the hive, so to speak but if someone stings him he will retaliate. (I also know the real life military "helping" make the movie had something to do with that as well).

The scene of Godzilla examining the submarine in KOTM after the revival from Dr. Serizawa would have been more suspenseful if Godzilla has been shown killing military weapons in the past angered but because we never saw him do that in this series I never felt like there was a possibility of them being in any real danger. I mean Godzilla is a wild animal, you're not really supposed to know what he's gonna do.

Now that we established there are bad humans interfering with monsters affairs, I'm hoping we get to see Godzilla blast some human bad guys. Have your cake and eat it too.
I agree. I want more Godzilla tearing through the military. I’ve heard theories of that the military requests things like that not to happen, in fear of looking bad. Not sure how true that is, but that would be dumb as hell.

Added in 41 seconds:
kingkevzilla88 wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:Uh oh. Speculation about thus film moving again has emerged, in light of the art book and picture book moving.
Saw that, it's just eeerrr! People need to chill, if the movie is getting delayed again there will be an official statement sometime soon. An art book and book aimed at little kids getting delayed, doesn't mean that the movie is.
Yep! Waiting until I see confirmation from the studio.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

KingKaiju wrote:
I agree. I want more Godzilla tearing through the military. I’ve heard theories of that the military requests things like that not to happen, in fear of looking bad. Not sure how true that is, but that would be dumb as hell.
There was also fear of people not being able to cheer Godzilla on as a hero if he killed some military personal but I made the argument we still cheer on King Kong and then 2 years after we have King Kong kill a lot of army men but he's still the hero because of the bigger picture I.E. trying to protect the island, and by extent the rest of the world, from the Skullcralwers they woke up. He didn't even hold it against them, recognizing the outsiders made a mistake, killing the ones who sided with Packerd but saving the ones who sided with Marlow and the Iwi. Maybe it's a coincidence but it seems almost double standard that the American monster can crush Samuel Jackson and still be called a hero but Godzilla can't even atomize Alan and his Eco-terrorists. Like I'm fine with Godzilla never fighting the U.S. millitary if you can at least have him kill some organized criminals working as a paramilitary terrorists. I'll glady take that compromise if it means we can see bad guys get hit by his beam, reduced to bones and their bones reduced to noting.
KingKaiju wrote:
kingkevzilla88 wrote:
I think we're fine, I don't think they would have made that video talking about and showing off the new tie in Monsterverse comic if they felt they had to move the film date again.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Mon May 25, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MireGojira
Monsterland Worker

Post by MireGojira »

Living Corpse wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:
kingkevzilla88 wrote:
I think we're fine, I don't think they would have made that video talking about and showing off the new tie in Monsterverse comic if they felt they had to move the film date again.
Except that Legendary and Warner Brothers have not said anything at all about this. It seems to me that they are being very shady about this. If they know what we know, then there is no point of withholding the obvious. For goodness sake Legendary and Warner Brothers, stop beating around the bush and keeping us in the dark, just spit it out already. Is the movie delayed? Then just say it!
Last edited by MireGojira on Mon May 25, 2020 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

MireGojira wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:

Except that Legendary and Warner Brothers have not said anything at all about this. It seems to me that they are being very shady about this. If they know what we know, then there is no point of withholding the obvious. For goodness sake Legendary and Warner Brothers, stop beating around the bush and keeping us in the dark, just spit it out already. Is the movie delayed? Then just say it!
They said the tie in comic is coming out in November in the video. They tend to release the comics around the time of their movies.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

How are they beating around the bush or keeping us in the dark... "Being very shady about all this" lol, a children's book on Amazon got pushed back 6 months, good on John Doe for figuring that out. Doesn't mean Legendary and WB have to hastily come out and say they're delaying the film immediately. Let them figure out their plans and set things in stone with their internal representatives before they decide to say anything publicly.

We're not in their daily meetings, if the film is delayed, good, that means we get a theatric release. If not then yay, we may get the biggest film in the franchise on Video on Demand :roll:
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue May 26, 2020 1:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

And with a lot of people not wearing masks or social distancing (a lot even doing it out of spite! Seriously die and go to hell psycho man-children) it'd be a miracle if we don't have a second worse wave in the fall or if the first wave even ends. At this point even Legendary and WB don't know when the movie is coming out till they see how bad things get.

MECHA-SAYAKA
Yojimbo

Post by MECHA-SAYAKA »

Amazon has both the art book and kids book on the November date again

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

MireGojira wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:

It all went down on Memorial Day weekend. Everyone's out of the office.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Living Corpse wrote: There was also fear of people not being able to cheer Godzilla on as a hero if he killed some military personal but I made the argument we still cheer on King Kong and then 2 years after we have King Kong kill a lot of army men but he's still the hero because of the bigger picture I.E. trying to protect the island, and by extent the rest of the world, from the Skullcralwers they woke up. He didn't even hold it against them, recognizing the outsiders made a mistake, killing the ones who sided with Packerd but saving the ones who sided with Marlow and the Iwi. Maybe it's a coincidence but it seems almost double standard that the American monster can crush Samuel Jackson and still be called a hero but Godzilla can't even atomize Alan and his Eco-terrorists. Like I'm fine with Godzilla never fighting the U.S. millitary if you can at least have him kill some organized criminals working as a paramilitary terrorists. I'll glady take that compromise if it means we can see bad guys get hit by his beam, reduced to bones and their bones reduced to noting.
Yeah, people have been cheering on Godzilla for years. I think having him smash some military units, as long as you show that he's simply reacting, is fine. I just want a moment where he just shreds a whole line of tanks.
Living Corpse wrote: I think we're fine, I don't think they would have made that video talking about and showing off the new tie in Monsterverse comic if they felt they had to move the film date again.
And everyone's cooling off now, because apparently these things have been moved back to their original dates.

kaijuguy19
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijuguy19 »

I get the frustration of wanting to have concrete answers of when we'll see the trailer as well as what release date the movie will ultimately have. However we need to keep in mind that Legendary's trying to not repeat the situation that KOTM went through at the box office by showing things off too early. They can't afford having GvK do poorly at the box office too. Not to mention that the COVID-19 thing doesn't make this any easier either. We'll likely get a trailer around July or August since they're not that far apart from November that is if they're keeping that release date after all.
Why am I always chasing rainbows?

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

I'm fine either way. Six months, or a year....it'll pass quickly either way and either way, it'll be relatively soon when we start seeing marketing. I just want the designs of the lead two kaiju....a poster....and the person doing the score to be announced. After that, whatever else is gravy.