Ford Brody - Should he return?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: Ford Brody - Should he return?

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Another idea I love of Ford being a new recruit of G-Force soldiers and his brother/sister being his opposite is you could even have Ford trying everything in his power to convince him/her that what's happened has happen and whatever he/she is trying to do isn't going to change anything nor bring their parents back.

I think this idea really works as it'd be a good way and reason for Ford to get involved again. The events of Godzilla vs. Kong transpiring because of his brother/sister with the news of him/her being brought to him which would also connect it back to Godzilla (2014).

I just don't see the Abab approach really fitting his character tbh IMO but that's just me.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I don’t think we need to retcon some sibling for Ford :lol:
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Agree to disagree then. I like the idea although I admit its probably doubtful it'll happen anyways.

And if it did at some chance they could just put in some throwaway line for why he/she wasn't with them in Japan in 1999 such as being an exchange student in China or staying back home in San Francisco with relatives (Grandma/Grandpa or aunt/uncle) for some reason.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

It wouldn’t make sense for it to happen so yeah, I’ll agree that it probably won’t happen.

Added in 16 minutes 31 seconds:
I’ve got it! What if Ford’s son, Cole’s ghost, and Allen Jonah team up to destroy Godzilla and the other Titans! It’s genius.
Long Live The Sting

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Godzilla is gonna fight King Kong because of King Ghidorah, not because of humans. The human side of the story is there's a conspiracy trying to kill all Titans regardless if they are helpful to humanity and they must be stopped.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Living Corpse wrote:Godzilla is gonna fight King Kong because of King Ghidorah, not because of humans. The human side of the story is there's a conspiracy trying to kill all Titans regardless if they are helpful to humanity and they must be stopped.
Can Ford’s son and Cole’s ghost lead this conspiracy?
Long Live The Sting

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

goji89 wrote:[He made a real lice dead guy so portraying a dead guy would earn him a damn oscar.
So now we want to cast him as Shockirus? Odd move but okay
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

G2000 wrote:
goji89 wrote:[He made a real lice dead guy so portraying a dead guy would earn him a damn oscar.
So now we want to cast him as Shockirus? Odd move but okay
Someone find a picture of the Shockirus and photoshop ATJ’s face onto it, please.
Long Live The Sting

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Living Corpse wrote:Ford could be Stoic pissed. Oh make him a member of Alan's group. Like he has really gone off the deep end.
This would actually be dope.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Ford could be Stoic pissed. Oh make him a member of Alan's group. Like he has really gone off the deep end.
This would actually be dope.
Turning him into an Anti-Hero or something could be pretty cool.

Honestly, if I were writing his return, I would have it his mission to stop that eco terrorist with the Ghidorah head. Or maybe integrate his whole family into an adventure, with Monarch here and there.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Literally no reason for him to return. His entire arc was getting back to his family and he did. He wasn't interesting and the actor said he wasn't interested in doing another Godzilla film.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Godzillian wrote: the actor said he wasn't interested in doing another Godzilla film.
Do you rememeber where this was stated?

Wonder if he was unhappy with the movie or role the same way Charles Dance seemed to.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The Sting

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Stump Feet wrote:
Godzillian wrote: the actor said he wasn't interested in doing another Godzilla film.

Wonder if he was unhappy with the movie or role the same way Charles Dance seemed to.
He said it in an interview

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Godzillian wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:

He said it in an interview
Can i get a source on that?

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Aaron-T ... 70844.html

He seemed to leave the door open to returning here. Basically saying it was up to (then director) Gareth Edwards if he would return.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!