Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505

Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

GODZILLA
48
68%
KING KONG
17
24%
I want to see a draw!
6
8%
 
Total votes: 71

User avatar
Gailah 1966
Samurai
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 11:30 am
Location: gog

Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

Postby Gailah 1966 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:34 am

There it is! THE big poll for all fans of the upcoming Godzilla vs Kong moive 2020.
Emiko broke her promise... and therefore saved the world!

User avatar
GuardianGhido
Interpol Agent
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:05 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

Postby GuardianGhido » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:39 am

Godzilla. Kong could put up a huge fight, but ultimately, he has no hope of rationally and compellingly beating Godzilla without executive meddling or copouts.

User avatar
Ivo-goji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2650
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:54 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

Postby Ivo-goji » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:46 am

Kong is the underdog and there's no way the underdog would lose.
Resized Image

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

User avatar
Dino4ex
Yojimbo
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

Postby Dino4ex » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:49 am

Kong is a thinking animal, duh.

User avatar
GuardianGhido
Interpol Agent
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:05 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

Postby GuardianGhido » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:52 am

Having the Underdog always win is cliche to me. And Godzilla is also a thinking animal.

User avatar
Dynomy-DX
Samurai
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 2:10 pm
Location: On some random dying sun

Re: Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

Postby Dynomy-DX » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:11 am

My expectations: Kong’s gonna win because he’s up against immeasurable odds and the audience is gonna sympathize with him more. Odds are Godzilla will have his character make a hard 90 degree turn to be more antagonistic or something.

What I want: Godzilla wins. We already got Kong’s victory by Toho in 1962. It would be cool if in the Legendary version, Godzilla won. Plus, it’d be a nice twist to have Kong be treated as the aggressor, with beating Godzilla having dire consequences (Titans are now more dangerous as Godzilla isn’t seen as top dog anymore, and Kong doesn’t exactly realize the consequences.) then come the final round, Godzilla has to reclaim his title to once again maintain the natural balance.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

User avatar
Living Corpse
Keizer
Posts: 9324
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

Postby Living Corpse » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:16 am

King Kong just to piss off the "Godzilla da strongest an never loses" crowd.

I just want a good fight(s), none of this one sided one hit slaughter the aforementioned group wants.
Image

User avatar
gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper
Posts: 1118
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:49 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

Postby gottatalktothefake » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:40 am

Living Corpse wrote:King Kong just to piss off the "Godzilla da strongest an never loses" crowd.

I just want a good fight(s), none of this one sided one hit slaughter the aforementioned group wants.

sounds like a boogeyman tbh

This is also the logic some writers over at the KWC section use just to write matches exclusively to spite others (that somehow still get accepted)
Last edited by gottatalktothefake on Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smuggers wrote:How could Dougherty do this to us bros... he's defiling our beloved monsters right before our eyes, charging $15 a pop and getting millions in the process... I thought he was a trufan? I guess this was all some sick joke orchestrated by Thomas Tull for almost a decade...

Oh well. Guess I won't see the movie for myself and form my own opinion, I've basically already seen it in my mind from what I've read online and I know a lame duck when I see one. Time to whip out the 'ol 12 gauge

User avatar
JesstrK
Interpol Agent
Posts: 424
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 2:13 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

Postby JesstrK » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:50 am

GuardianGhido wrote:Having the Underdog always win is cliche to me. And Godzilla is also a thinking animal.

In a meta sense Godzilla is the underdog, since most of us probably expect (not necessarily want, but expect) Kong to win for that reason, plus how apes and mammals in general tend to win in most media.

User avatar
Ivo-goji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2650
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:54 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

Postby Ivo-goji » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:53 am

Dynomy-DX wrote:Odds are Godzilla will have his character make a hard 90 degree turn to be more antagonistic or something.

I doubt it.

My bet is that Kong will be the antagonist of GvsK, manipulated into fighting Godzilla by Jonah's organization, and if/when he wins it will be the catalyst for another kaiju apocalypse when those other Titans from KotM start to go rogue in Godzilla's absence. Kong won't bother stopping them because he's only interested in protecting Skull Island. The human protagonists will either need to take down Jonah so Kong is no longer a threat or convince Kong to let Godzilla restore balance without intervening.
Resized Image

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

User avatar
JesstrK
Interpol Agent
Posts: 424
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 2:13 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

Postby JesstrK » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:54 am

Living Corpse wrote:King Kong just to piss off the "Godzilla da strongest an never loses" crowd.

I just want a good fight(s), none of this one sided one hit slaughter the aforementioned group wants.

Pretty sure very few on team Godzilla actually want that. I know I don’t; I want to see Godzilla win but only just barely after a long brutal fight.

Wanting Kong to win just out of spite isn’t much better than that crowd you mentioned IMO.

Added in 10 minutes 12 seconds:
Ivo-goji wrote:
Dynomy-DX wrote:Odds are Godzilla will have his character make a hard 90 degree turn to be more antagonistic or something.

I doubt it.

My bet is that Kong will be the antagonist of GvsK, manipulated into fighting Godzilla by Jonah's organization, and if/when he wins it will be the catalyst for another kaiju apocalypse when those other Titans from KotM start to go rogue in Godzilla's absence. Kong won't bother stopping them because he's only interested in protecting Skull Island. The human protagonists will either need to take down Jonah so Kong is no longer a threat or convince Kong to let Godzilla restore balance without intervening.
. I like this, but with a Rocky 3 type scenario. The champ (Godzilla) gets defeated by the new, younger upstart (Kong), then comes back to reclaim his crown in round 2. Then they each get a win.

User avatar
Dynomy-DX
Samurai
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 2:10 pm
Location: On some random dying sun

Re: Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

Postby Dynomy-DX » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:16 pm

JesstrK wrote:
Ivo-goji wrote:
Dynomy-DX wrote:Odds are Godzilla will have his character make a hard 90 degree turn to be more antagonistic or something.

I doubt it.

My bet is that Kong will be the antagonist of GvsK, manipulated into fighting Godzilla by Jonah's organization, and if/when he wins it will be the catalyst for another kaiju apocalypse when those other Titans from KotM start to go rogue in Godzilla's absence. Kong won't bother stopping them because he's only interested in protecting Skull Island. The human protagonists will either need to take down Jonah so Kong is no longer a threat or convince Kong to let Godzilla restore balance without intervening.
. I like this, but with a Rocky 3 type scenario. The champ (Godzilla) gets defeated by the new, younger upstart (Kong), then comes back to reclaim his crown in round 2. Then they each get a win.


Honestly? This is my preferred scenario. Both sides get a win, and it retains the status quo for the two of them. Kong isn’t forced to maintain an entire planet’s worth of monsters, and Godzilla can still remain active if the Monsterverse continues for future sequels.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3134
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:13 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:35 pm

I expect Kong to put up a hell of a fight but ultimately lose by being overwhelmed, Especially after KOTM I don't see Kong being victorious without multiple titans at his aid or human interference. Or Kong somehow gets an upgrade similar to in the original he was given electricity powers.

I mean we both know they will eventually team up, but it will be interesting to show neither of them as push-overs.

User avatar
Moogabunga
G-Grasper
Posts: 1373
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 5:47 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

Postby Moogabunga » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:04 pm

Those who voted for Kong should be immediately banned and forced to go to the most popular Kong forum (good luck finding one though)

The bottom line is Kong sucks monkey balls. However, it's obvious they'll go with Kong as the underdog and end up victorious - it's too god damn predictable which is why my hype for this movie will easily be the lowest of any Monsterverse film (barring Kong: Skull Island). To make matters worse though, I have a strong feeling they'll turn Godzilla antagonistic which makes NO SENSE in the context of this universe and would be forced as hell to desperately get people to root for the dumb monkey.

User avatar
Living Corpse
Keizer
Posts: 9324
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

Postby Living Corpse » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:27 pm

XxComablack1937xX wrote:I expect Kong to put up a hell of a fight but ultimately lose by being overwhelmed, Especially after KOTM I don't see Kong being victorious without multiple titans at his aid or human interference. Or Kong somehow gets an upgrade similar to in the original he was given electricity powers.

I mean we both know they will eventually team up, but it will be interesting to show neither of them as push-overs.


Godzilla's abilities at the end of KOTM were circumstantial, meaning things have to happen to allow him to use it. With the exception of his Atomic Breath, I don't think Godzilla is gonna have access to any powers in his fight with King Kong.

Moogabunga wrote:Those who voted for Kong should be immediately banned and forced to go to the most popular Kong forum (good luck finding one though)

The bottom line is Kong sucks monkey balls. However, it's obvious they'll go with Kong as the underdog and end up victorious - it's too god damn predictable which is why my hype for this movie will easily be the lowest of any Monsterverse film (barring Kong: Skull Island). To make matters worse though, I have a strong feeling they'll turn Godzilla antagonistic which makes NO SENSE in the context of this universe and would be forced as hell to desperately get people to root for the dumb monkey.


And attitudes like this is why I want Godzilla to lose. Godzilla has lost before and yet guys like you choose to forget it and then act like it's blasphemy when it happens again later on.

Also, no one has to be a villain for this fight to happen. Godzilla is trying to herd monsters away from humans, Kong is trying to keep his home. In essence both are in the right and the wrong. It's a grey area.
Image

User avatar
Alucard
Kwaidan
Posts: 5510
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:36 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

Postby Alucard » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:33 pm

Moogabunga wrote:Those who voted for Kong should be immediately banned and forced to go to the most popular Kong forum (good luck finding one though)

The bottom line is Kong sucks monkey balls. However, it's obvious they'll go with Kong as the underdog and end up victorious - it's too god damn predictable which is why my hype for this movie will easily be the lowest of any Monsterverse film (barring Kong: Skull Island). To make matters worse though, I have a strong feeling they'll turn Godzilla antagonistic which makes NO SENSE in the context of this universe and would be forced as hell to desperately get people to root for the dumb monkey.


I assure you that there are some people here, like Living Corpse, who have been on this forum back before you even realized it existed. (Judging by your join dates, of course.) You advocating for him to leave and find a better forum leaves a bad taste in my mouth. He's absolutely right about what he said about attitudes like this ruining the fun of seeing two titans duke it out.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:
wataru wrote:It's not huge and it's white.


LIKE YO DICK!

User avatar
gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper
Posts: 1118
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:49 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

Postby gottatalktothefake » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:08 pm

Moogabunga wrote:Those who voted for Kong should be immediately banned and forced to go to the most popular Kong forum (good luck finding one though)

The bottom line is Kong sucks monkey balls. However, it's obvious they'll go with Kong as the underdog and end up victorious - it's too god damn predictable which is why my hype for this movie will easily be the lowest of any Monsterverse film (barring Kong: Skull Island). To make matters worse though, I have a strong feeling they'll turn Godzilla antagonistic which makes NO SENSE in the context of this universe and would be forced as hell to desperately get people to root for the dumb monkey.

>People who disagree with me should be banned
How about no
Smuggers wrote:How could Dougherty do this to us bros... he's defiling our beloved monsters right before our eyes, charging $15 a pop and getting millions in the process... I thought he was a trufan? I guess this was all some sick joke orchestrated by Thomas Tull for almost a decade...

Oh well. Guess I won't see the movie for myself and form my own opinion, I've basically already seen it in my mind from what I've read online and I know a lame duck when I see one. Time to whip out the 'ol 12 gauge

User avatar
tyrantgoji
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 782
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Shrek's swamp

Re: Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

Postby tyrantgoji » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:29 pm

needs an "i don't care who wins i just wanna see the big lizard and monkey boi fight" option.

Added in 4 minutes 13 seconds:
Moogabunga wrote:Those who voted for Kong should be immediately banned and forced to go to the most popular Kong forum (good luck finding one though)

The bottom line is Kong sucks monkey balls. However, it's obvious they'll go with Kong as the underdog and end up victorious - it's too god damn predictable which is why my hype for this movie will easily be the lowest of any Monsterverse film (barring Kong: Skull Island). To make matters worse though, I have a strong feeling they'll turn Godzilla antagonistic which makes NO SENSE in the context of this universe and would be forced as hell to desperately get people to root for the dumb monkey.


wow , triggered much? it's not like Godzilla losing is gonna be the end of the world, stop acting like Kong pooped on your mom.

User avatar
Smuggers
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2102
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:29 pm
Location: 連邦王国

Re: Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

Postby Smuggers » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:58 pm

The audience, on the off-chance that this movie actually turns out to be good.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

Moogabunga wrote:Shin Godzilla is trash

私は機械の翻訳でインターネット他人をあざ笑う

User avatar
G2000
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4340
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: The Confederate States of America

Re: Godzilla vs Kong! Who should win at the end?

Postby G2000 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:02 pm

I’d really prefer for Godzilla to win. At this point he’s arguably more of a hero than Kong (saves the world at least twice, four times if you count the comics and perhaps more over the millions of years of his existence while Kong has sat on his island), and to be frank the underdog miraculously winning has become a cliche by this point; audiences almost always expect the underdog to pull off a win against seemingly insurmountable odds. Turning that on it’s head and having Godzilla win anyways would be fun, though Kong will definitely put up a good fight before he goes down.

tyrantgoji wrote:stop acting like Kong pooped on your mom.


I’VE COME TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST


Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Current)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2004Zilla, Floroskull, GodzillaFan1990's, LSD Jellyfish and 5 guests