Your fears for Godzilla Vs Kong

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Re: Your fears for Godzilla Vs Kong

Post by Hokmuto »

MegaEvilSaurus666 wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I'd be okay with Godzilla going into the fight thinking he'll whoop Kong real quick, I'm expecting multiple shots in the film of Godzilla looking like this towering Vader-esque figure from Kongs POV.

Maybe a little joke where Godzilla does one of those exhales out his nose like *Oh here we go again, another skreeonkass titan wants to test his luck with me*

Have the fight be even, with Kong understanding why they call the overgrown Lizard Godzilla. While Godzilla starts to notice that Kong is no push over, no run of the mill Titan.

Have them fighting tooth and nail, blood, sweat and tears being left everywhere. Then Mothra comes down from the sky and gets them to chill out, Kong awe-struck by the godly vibe of Mothra and Godzilla willing to chill out because *symbiotic relationship*
I like that although I feel that’s too much like BvS, especially if Mothra comes in, calms them down and they face the villain.
It's not going to be what I would like it to be, but I really just want a movie that doesn't do anything else. Just Godzilla against Kong. Godzilla visits Skull Island due to some kind of man-made disturbance, and Kong sees Godzilla as an invader. Kong decides to battle with Godzilla to protect his territory, puts up a decent fight, but eventually loses. However, before the fight ends, human activity causes trouble of some kind (so apparently there's talk of Mechagodzilla or something silly) and the two put their fight aside to defend natural order. Simple. No Mothra, other monsters, whatever.

I want a nice clean movie that doesn't try to do so much within a limited runtime. I got that sense with Godzilla: King of the Monsters. It felt so rushed in parts.
I totally agree; in fact I prefer if it’s just Godzilla and Kong, but I think having some Skull Crawlers appear as canon fodder would be pretty cool.
Long Live The King

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Hokmuto wrote: I totally agree; in fact I prefer if it’s just Godzilla and Kong, but I think having some Skull Crawlers appear as canon fodder would be pretty cool.
YES!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'm thinking MechaG will definitely have the titans under his "control". Since the ORCA was played up so heavily, mix the vocals of Godzilla and Ghidorah, give it to MechaG and now you have the most feared false Titan since Ghidorah.

So I'm thinking fodder will be the excess kaiju.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gooblamon
Samurai

Post by Gooblamon »

Nah, if this is the end of the Monsterverse (and it looks like it will be), give the fans an epic conclusion, something they've never seen before - the teaming up of Godzilla and Kong.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gooblamon wrote:Nah, if this is the end of the Monsterverse (and it looks like it will be), give the fans an epic conclusion, something they've never seen before - the teaming up of Godzilla and Kong.
Kong n Godzilla just shredding through Kaiju left and right, taking out MechaG, and going their separate ways.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

Gooblamon wrote:Nah, if this is the end of the Monsterverse (and it looks like it will be), give the fans an epic conclusion, something they've never seen before - the teaming up of Godzilla and Kong.
It’s funny, some people claim to want “something new” and deride other fans for wanting to see certain scenes in old movies recreated (Godzilla, Mothra, and Rodan all teaming up on Ghidorah), stating “you want a 1:1 remake of GTTHM” or whatever. Then those same people act like Godzilla and Kong teaming up (something new for sure) would be the end of days.

Note: this does not apply to those of you who don’t want a team up but also don’t do the other things described above.
Last edited by JesstrK on Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xagzan
GPN Volunteer

Post by Xagzan »

No daytime fights :(

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

That KoTM underperforming in America might affect the post-production of the movie and we get a less great finished product because of it.
That is literally my one and only fear for this movie.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Vakanai wrote:That KoTM underperforming in America might affect the post-production of the movie and we get a less great finished product because of it.
How about the box office?
Long Live The King

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Hokmuto wrote:
Vakanai wrote:That KoTM underperforming in America might affect the post-production of the movie and we get a less great finished product because of it.
How about the box office?
That'll probably become a fear the closer it comes out, but it isn't the sort of thing I fret over this far in advance. But I probably will have that as a second fear eventually.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

That people will watch literally ANY other movie during it's airtime and barely see this movie at all (domestically), pulling the plug on the Monsterverse without even a good BO final movie as a consolation prize.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

That the trailers will spoil the whole movie.

Seriously movie trailer guys stop doing that fucking shit.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Living Corpse wrote:That the trailers will spoil the whole movie.

Seriously movie trailer guys stop doing that skreeonking poop.
I'm also afraid of it. I'm not even gonna see a single one of the trailers (I only saw the first trailer for KOTM and that was the best thing I could have done) because I want to go in fresh for Kong's adult design.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

My biggest fear now is that Legendary and WB will go into panic mode after KOTM underperformed and just butcher this movie in editing to try and "Make it better".
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I wonder what kind of editing they'll do to satisfy criticisms of KotM.

Maybe they'll create twenty minutes of additional human screen time by mirroring their old footage then dubbing it over with new dialogue. Fabricate an entire romantic subplot between Chen and Barnes from scratch. Yeah, that's it.
Last edited by Ivo-goji on Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Ivo-goji wrote:I wonder what kind of editing they'll do to satisfy criticisms of KotM.

Maybe they'll create twenty minutes of additional human screen time by mirroring their old footage then dubbing it over with new dialogue. Fabricate an entire romantic subplot between Chen and Barnes from scratch. Yeah, that's it.
If they do shoe in any romantic subplots, they might not be straight, gotta pander to critics after all.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GuardianGhido wrote:

I'm also afraid of it. I'm not even gonna see a single one of the trailers (I only saw the first trailer for KOTM and that was the best thing I could have done) because I want to go in fresh for Kong's adult design.
The sad thing is the movie companies get blamed for this when they have nothing to do with the trailers. The marketing companies require all the footage (why? You don't need the ending scene).

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Living Corpse wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote:

The sad thing is the movie companies get blamed for this when they have nothing to do with the trailers. The marketing companies require all the footage (why? You don't need the ending scene).
THIS. While i'm not a fan of the overabundance of spoilery trailers and spots KOTM had, it always amuses me when people complain about it as if the studio and director specifically chose to do it. Yeah no, they definitely didn't- they literally have no control over this type of stuff. I have heard a number of stories of directors getting outright pissed at such decisions (for example, Trevorrow nearly got into a fight with the marketing departement because they wanted to include the final fight in one of the JW trailers). It's an unfortunate truth, but it is what it is.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Dv-218 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote: I'm also afraid of it. I'm not even gonna see a single one of the trailers (I only saw the first trailer for KOTM and that was the best thing I could have done) because I want to go in fresh for Kong's adult design.
THIS. While i'm not a fan of the overabundance of spoilery trailers and spots KOTM had, it always amuses me when people complain about it as if the studio and director specifically chose to do it. Yeah no, they definitely didn't- they literally have no control over this type of stuff. I have heard a number of stories of directors getting outright pissed at such decisions (for example, Trevorrow nearly got into a fight with the marketing departement because they wanted to include the final fight in one of the JW trailers). It's an unfortunate truth, but it is what it is.
I'd probably be one of those stories if I was a filmmaker.

I remember hearing one of the directors of the older Star Trek movies getting into a heated argument cause they spoiled the Enterprise blowing up. He wanted it to be a surprise, they wanted it to get butts in seats.

And I still don't understand why they need the whole movie?
Last edited by BlankAccount on Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

That Marvel and/or Disney will end up devouring this movie too through some stupid re-release or surprise release or some other bull. Strangling the Monsterverse to death with their own money grubbing hands.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.