Your fears for Godzilla Vs Kong

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Gooblamon
Samurai

Re: Your fears for Godzilla Vs Kong

Post by Gooblamon »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Dynomy-DX wrote:- Adam Wingard’s track record is... concerning. Death Note and Blair Witch aren’t exactly big hits... I mean, who knows? Rob Letterman made Shark Tale and went on to Detective Pikachu, a massive improvement. So who knows? Godzilla Vs. Kong could be his break out winner
Remind me again why Legendary chose that guy of all directors to direct? -_-
I'm honestly not worried about the directing, I'm worried about the writing

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I mean we already have a good idea why they fight so that problem is taken care of at least.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

The screenplay is being done by Terry Rossio. The guy wrote the screenplay for Godzilla 1994, I think. Then, it got hacked up into Godzilla 1998. But he also worked on a ton of other things. I was surprised to see Shrek in the list. The cinematographer is Ben Seresin, known for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, and World War Z. I feel less afraid, maybe?
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Ill maintain Adam Wingard is a fine director; but had to direct remakes of iconic properties. GVK is set in an established universe with rules. Itll be fine.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

After KOTM my hope is that they downplay Monarch and focus on the other characters witnessing these giant monsters back considering the set photos and returning cast members I doubt it.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Ill maintain Adam Wingard is a fine director; but had to direct remakes of iconic properties. GVK is set in an established universe with rules. Itll be fine.
Plus, Terry Rossio actually wrote for Godzilla before. The Gryphon is the result of it.

Expect better cinematography than Godzilla: King of the Monsters. The last cinematographer was mostly experienced with comedies.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:After KOTM my hope is that they downplay Monarch and focus on the other characters witnessing these giant monsters back considering the set photos and returning cast members I doubt it.
I was just thinking it kind of sucks some characters won't be around to witness these two fight. Would have been interesting seeing how conflicted Monarch would be on seeing two hero monsters fight. Normally they'd cheer on Godzilla or King Kong and the other monster is a threat, but here it's the two heroes they vouch for against each other.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Living Corpse wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:After KOTM my hope is that they downplay Monarch and focus on the other characters witnessing these giant monsters back considering the set photos and returning cast members I doubt it.
I was just thinking it kind of sucks some characters won't be around to witness these two fight. Would have been interesting seeing how conflicted Monarch would be on seeing two hero monsters fight. Normally they'd cheer on Godzilla or King Kong and the other monster is a threat, but here it's the two heroes they vouch for against each other.
The missed potiental of it all is how does Serizawa fell about Kong guess we'll never know but like Monarch clearly has a prominent role and I'm fine with that so hopefully it works better for people this time
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
The missed potiental of it all is how does Serizawa fell about Kong guess we'll never know but like Monarch clearly has a prominent role and I'm fine with that so hopefully it works better for people this time
I think he felt he was a protector, supplementals say Brooks and Serizawa both believed in the nature finds it's own balance.

Still when these two fight, what would Monarch do? Vote which one deserves to be destroyed less than the other before trying to kill one to end all the death and destruction?

Gooblamon
Samurai

Post by Gooblamon »

Living Corpse wrote:
They'd root for the real hero monster - the one that literally saved the planet not once, but twice.
Last edited by Gooblamon on Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Gooblamon wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
They'd root for the real hero monster - the one that literally saved the planet not once, but twice.
Technically Kong saves the world by keeping the Skullcralwers from leaving the island. And Godzilla started off fighting secret wars like Kong as well

It wasn't till the MUTOs showed up in Hawaii and San Fransisco that the public at large learned about him. Though as the ending credits show, Monarch open up about Skull Island and probably stressed that Kong keeps everything on the island from getting out.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Yeah but I'm sure Godzilla is seen as the bigger hero but honestly I'm surprised the general public even know about Kong
Last edited by Godzilla2000Zero on Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:Yeah but I'm sure Godzilla is seen as the bigger hero but honestly I'm surprised the general public even know about Kong
Monarch was keeping a lot of Titans and Skull Island itself under wraps, refusing to say how many there are or where they are. So on top of not knowing how many monsters existed, the public didn't know there was a weird monster island ecosystem with weird weather patterns (seriously Skull Island is like a character in of itself). After the events of KOTM the end credits shows newspaper headlines of Monarch finally opening up about the other Titans and Skull Island.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Living Corpse wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:Yeah but I'm sure Godzilla is seen as the bigger hero but honestly I'm surprised the general public even know about Kong
Monarch was keeping a lot of Titans and Skull Island itself under wraps, refusing to say how many there are or where they are. So on top of not knowing how many monsters existed, the public didn't know there was a weird monster island ecosystem with weird weather patterns (seriously Skull Island is like a character in of itself). After the events of KOTM the end credits shows newspaper headlines of Monarch finally opening up about the other Titans and Skull Island.
Yeah but they did mention Kong though in the Senate briefing and they did mention that Ghidorah was the only off the books

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
Yeah but they did mention Kong though in the Senate briefing and they did mention that Ghidorah was the only off the books
The meeting seemed to have been private.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The meeting seemed to only have high ranking military officials, senators and high ranking monarch people, so we can assume it was closed and secret.

The series really doesn`t do a good job at illustrating Monarch as a secret organization, except for the first part of G14.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

By this point I'm expecting the folks who disliked KOTM to really hate GVK. Which means they'll probably like it, what do I know. Certainly didn't expect KOTM to be received the way it's been so far (despite its problems).

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

tbeasley wrote:By this point I'm expecting the folks who disliked KOTM to really hate GVK. Which means they'll probably like it, what do I know. Certainly didn't expect KOTM to be received the way it's been so far (despite its problems).
There`s only a small amount of people who hated it. There`s a significant amount who dislike a lot of it, but wouldn`t mind a follow up. A lot of people just don`t love it or are saying "ITS DA BEST GODZILLER MUVIE EBAH" and others are interpreting that as hate. Godzilla vs. Kong can just be a remake of the original for all I care and I`d be fine with it. Still excited for GVK!

Troyal1
Interpol Agent

Post by Troyal1 »

tbeasley wrote:By this point I'm expecting the folks who disliked KOTM to really hate GVK. Which means they'll probably like it, what do I know. Certainly didn't expect KOTM to be received the way it's been so far (despite its problems).
Hopefully you’re correct and I love GVK haha

Edit: just to clarify. Hate is too strong a word for KOTM for me. I need to watch it again
Last edited by Troyal1 on Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
The series really doesn`t do a good job at illustrating Monarch as a secret organization, except for the first part of G14.
They make it seem like a defunct government agency in Skull Island, much like X-Files. Then in KOTM suddenly, Monarch has state-of-the-art aircraft, nukes (?!?!?) and a near-limitless supply of personnel and finance. I'm not advocating for any more scenes devoted to explaining the movie or in-universe particulars -- please! -- but some explanation of how we went from Moulder and Scully to Mechagodzilla or whatever sure would've been nice.
Last edited by vibramrunner on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.