King of the Monsters: Film vs Novelization Differences

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Re: King of the Monsters: Film vs Novelization Differences

Post by Olzh26 »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Olzh26 wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:No.

The Orca can be used on animals but not Ghidorah's call.
but leafwings responded to his call
but leifwings aren't really "normal" animals though.
they are simply ctenochasmatidae species

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

They're monsters my dude
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

in that case, how does the Ghidorah's call work? He deliberately gave orders only to the most deadly and dangerous creatures?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Olzh26 wrote:in that case, how does the Ghidorah's call work? He deliberately gave orders only to the most deadly and dangerous creatures?
i mean...maybe. were not entirely to sure how things really work with Titans so it's a possible that could be the case.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

He made a call to rally all the monsters on Earth, I'm not sure the Leafwings and Skull Crawlers are necessarily Titans, the Titans were just the most powerful creatures to act on the call
Long Live The Sting

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

Stump Feet wrote:He made a call to rally all the monsters on Earth, I'm not sure the Leafwings and Skull Crawlers are necessarily Titans, the Titans were just the most powerful creatures to act on the call
It did say KG's call got the Skullcrawlers to come out, that's why Kong stayed on the island, to beat them down and keep them from causing trouble. So I guess the leafwings heard it and just followed. I imagine only Titans and other smaller monsters could hear it and not regular animals, like it was a certain frequency or something. Like a dog whistle.

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

Relair wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:He made a call to rally all the monsters on Earth, I'm not sure the Leafwings and Skull Crawlers are necessarily Titans, the Titans were just the most powerful creatures to act on the call
It did say KG's call got the Skullcrawlers to come out, that's why Kong stayed on the island, to beat them down and keep them from causing trouble. So I guess the leafwings heard it and just followed. I imagine only Titans and other smaller monsters could hear it and not regular animals, like it was a certain frequency or something. Like a dog whistle.
But these monsters are not biologically related to each other in order to react equally to this frequency. But this moment hints that they are separated from ordinary animals. it bothers me
Last edited by Olzh26 on Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

...yeah the more i think about the titan pack and alpha thing,the more it seems like the writers didn't think it through all the way.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

tyrantgoji wrote:...yeah the more i think about the titan pack and alpha thing,the more it seems like the writers didn't think it through all the way.
I once had a strange idea that pack of titans do not exist, and all this is ghidorah’s tricks with his
ability to control weaker creatures. he had a similar ability in old films. this is even indirectly confirmed by the words of the monarch's employees - “this explains how it affects other titans,” that is, in the MonsterVerse rials, the subordination of the titans to one another by the titans is not the norm. I hope that this will explain everything.
Last edited by Olzh26 on Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Relair wrote:
Yeah that's what I said

Added in 2 minutes 55 seconds:
tyrantgoji wrote:...yeah the more i think about the titan pack and alpha thing,the more it seems like the writers didn't think it through all the way.
This is a giant monster movie, not to mention a Godzilla movie, if you're expecting scientific accuracy than you've come to the wrong place.

These films are all about suspension of disbelief, if a bunch of monsters following an alpha bothers you in a series about ghost robots, monster islands, and vore alians then these movies aren't for you.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Long Live The Sting

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Stump Feet wrote:
Relair wrote:
Yeah that's what I said

This is a giant monster movie, not to mention a Godzilla movie, if you're expecting scientific accuracy than you're not watching the right movies.

These movies are all about suspension of disbelief, if a bunch of monsters following following an alpha bothers you in a series about ghost robots, monster islands, and vore aliens then these movies aren't for you
pfft, vore aliens :lol: :lol:

in more serious manners though,suspension of disbelief is one thing,but don't make it confusing to the point your head starts to spin...or maybe it really is straightforward and i'm just dumb and can't see it.
Last edited by Gigantis on Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

Stump Feet wrote:
Relair wrote:
Yeah that's what I said

This is a giant monster movie, not to mention a Godzilla movie, if you're expecting scientific accuracy than you're not watching the right movies.

These movies are all about suspension of disbelief, if a bunch of monsters following following an alpha bothers you in a series about ghost robots, monster islands, and vore alians then these movies aren't for you
the problem is not that it is unrealistic, but that it contradicts the laws of the first films, where the titans were connected by the most usual interspecific relations, and no pack was

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

^ That definitely wasn't a "law in the first film", it wasn't even touched on in that movie my dude.

A lot of shit bothered me about this movie, but Ghidorah and the Titans wasn't one of them.

Seemed like an average crazy Godzilla movie thing to me.

In a series where Godzilla flies and plays soccer and volleyball, nothing really seems too out there anymore, in fact, a bunch of monsters following a leader makes a lot more sense than most I've seen out of this series
Long Live The Sting

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

Stump Feet wrote:^ That definitely wasn't a "law in the first film", it wasn't even touched on in that movie my dude.

A lot of poop bothered me about this movie, but Ghidorah and the Titans wasn't one of them.

Seemed like an average crazy Godzilla movie thing to me.

In a series where Godzilla flies and plays soccer and volleyball, nothing really seems too out there anymore, in fact, a bunch of monsters following a leader makes a lot more sense than most I've seen out of this series
1) In this case, in the 2014 film, Muto had to bow to Godzilla after his clear advantage over the muto in terms of strength, which he demonstrated even in Hawaii my dude

2) right now we are talking specifically about MonsterVese, and not about the whole series as a whole.
Last edited by Olzh26 on Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

The MUTO's already knew they both existed by the time they awaken in G14 so why would they bow to Godzilla when they were looking to procreate, my dude?

The MUTO in GKOTM is a lone female without a mate, there's absolutely no reason to fight Godzilla as her primary function of being a threat to him has been stripped away
Last edited by Stump Feet on Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Long Live The Sting

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

Stump Feet wrote:The MUTO's already knew they both existed by the time they awaken in G14 so why would they bow to Godzilla when they were looking to procreate, my dude?

The MUTO in GKOTM is a lone female without a mate, there's absolutely no reason to fight Godzilla as her primary function of being a threat to him has been stripped away
What about shinamuro? And yes, even after the death of the male, the female did not obey Godzilla and still resisted.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I don't know what the Shinomura has to do with anything :lol:

And I'm sure it could be argued the Female wasn't even aware of the Male's demise as she had already quit her fight with Godzilla at that point and went after the military instead.

After all the shit those monsters put each other through, neither of them were going to spare the other, MUTO 3 in KOTM is just a female unable to breed, she's basically a neutered animal, she poses no threat whatsoever. If she attacked him I'm sure he'd have no trouble dispatching her, but instead she played it safe and bowed.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The Sting

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Olzh26 wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:The MUTO's already knew they both existed by the time they awaken in G14 so why would they bow to Godzilla when they were looking to procreate, my dude?

What about shinamuro? And yes, even after the death of the male, the female did not obey Godzilla and still resisted.
That muto was a bitch.

Seriously though. I've seen mother cats aggressively attack dogs to protect their young. Or if they happened to intrude on where their offspring are. Seems she was acting out of a maternal instinct and eventually self defense.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Surprised no one brought up that the Kong perspective chapter confirms Kong might have PTSD, he has nightmares about the Skullcralwers.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Living Corpse wrote:Surprised no one brought up that the Kong perspective chapter confirms Kong might have PTSD, he has nightmares about the Skullcralwers.
How so?
Long Live The Sting