King of the Monsters: Film vs Novelization Differences

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: King of the Monsters: Film vs Novelization Differences

Post by BlankAccount »

Stump Feet wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Surprised no one brought up that the Kong perspective chapter confirms Kong might have PTSD, he has nightmares about the Skullcralwers.
How so?
The chapter is from his POV, basically Kong is the narrator for his own chapter and says he hates the underground dwellers with the skull faces that killed his parents and haunt his dreams.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I remember the chapter I guess I just never put much thought into the “haunted dreams” part. Good catch.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Stump Feet wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Surprised no one brought up that the Kong perspective chapter confirms Kong might have PTSD, he has nightmares about the Skullcralwers.
How so?
“The deep dwellers heard the call, too. The crawlers with faces like bone that haunted his sleep. They were waking.”
Wouldn’t necessarily say it confirms PTSD but just a few paragraphs ahead it confirms that Kong remembers that the Skull Crawlers killed his parents, so it’s really not much of a reach I guess
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Living Corpse wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:
How so?
The chapter is from his POV, basically Kong is the narrator for his own chapter and says he hates the underground dwellers with the skull faces that killed his parents and haunt his dreams.
I wouldn't really say that alone is PTSD, you can still have nightmares about something tramatic without it being PTSD

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

G2000 wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:
How so?
“The deep dwellers heard the call, too. The crawlers with faces like bone that haunted his sleep. They were waking.”
Wouldn’t necessarily say it confirms PTSD but just a few paragraphs ahead it confirms that Kong remembers that the Skull Crawlers killed his parents, so it’s really not much of a reach I guess
You may be right, and I'm jut reading too much into it. Personally I think it would add to his tragic character background.

attilagodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by attilagodzilla »

Having read the novelization, I noticed they kept reffering tp Ghidorah's beams as lightning. So is this the first Ghidorah that is confirmed to shoot lightning instead of gravity beams?
one of the few Godzilla fans from holland
Top 5 godzilla movies:
Gojira
Shin Godzilla
GMK
Godzilla vs mechagodzilla 1974
Ghidorah the 3 headed monster

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

attilagodzilla wrote:Having read the novelization, I noticed they kept reffering tp Ghidorah's beams as lightning. So is this the first Ghidorah that is confirmed to shoot lightning instead of gravity beams?
Mark also calls it his weird gold lightning stuff. So they acknowledge that they aren't sure exactly what is is, jut that it produces a lot of electricity.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Living Corpse wrote:
attilagodzilla wrote:Having read the novelization, I noticed they kept reffering tp Ghidorah's beams as lightning. So is this the first Ghidorah that is confirmed to shoot lightning instead of gravity beams?
Mark also calls it his weird gold lightning stuff. So they acknowledge that they aren't sure exactly what is is, jut that it produces a lot of electricity.
Pretty sure it's mostly electricity with some really subtle gravity powers for some concussive oomph (just lightning can slice up a building, but probably can't knock it down that easily). The Monarch site had some stuff about "Gravity Wells" and stuff too iirc.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.