The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Cryptid_Liker
EDF Instructor

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Lonewolf36 wrote:I have seen it on several other post but i can confirm that one myself. i remember seeing Abaddon and Sargon names on computer screens. But someone else will have to confirm Baphomet, Bunyip and Tiamat.
I saw Titanus Baphomet on a screen. I think it was the scene right before we cut to the Fenway evacuation.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Fri May 31, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lonewolf36
Ronin

Post by Lonewolf36 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I saw Yamata no Orochi's name on one of the screens.
Hadn't heard that one thanks for the info!
Cryptid_Liker wrote:I saw Titanus Baphomet on a screen. I think it was the scene right before we cut to the Fenway evacuation.
Thanks i thought i remembered seeing it but couldn't place it.
Last edited by Lonewolf36 on Fri May 31, 2019 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
EDF Instructor

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Orochi? Would that mean there's another Ghidorah?

MechaGoji Bro7503

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Orochi? Would that mean there's another Ghidorah?
I don't think so, I think it was just meant to be an easter egg. I doubt we'll actually see it, they probably have some more distinct ones that won't remind people of Ghidorah to show off.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Fri May 31, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Ben Shapiro wrote:
GoWhaleTours wrote: Sayaka’s Scylla drawing looks just like the movie, minus a few details. I know I wouldn’t be able to perfectly recreated a monster with 30 seconds of screen times
You could if you worked on concept for this film, as Sayaka stated he did
He said he worked on promotion, not concepts.
Then how does he know Mechagodzilla’s going to be in GvK and how did he see the supposed concept art?
Facts don't care about your feelings

Cryptid_Liker
EDF Instructor

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Ben Shapiro wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Ben Shapiro wrote: You could if you worked on concept for this film, as Sayaka stated he did
Then how does he know Mechagodzilla’s going to be in GvK and how did he see the supposed concept art?
That, I don't know.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Ben Shapiro wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Ben Shapiro wrote: You could if you worked on concept for this film, as Sayaka stated he did
He supposedly works on the marketing on the film, hence why he was able to first see the movie early and second, tell us about those posters.

He said he was able to see MechaG concept art because he works in the promotional material
Last edited by Hokmuto on Fri May 31, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The King

LSD Jellyfish
Keizer

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Not sure if we should really be using this thread to discuss possible Godzilla vs Kong spoilers but I don’t think at this point anyone really cares.

Anyways it occurred to me, since the film has so many monsters, minus the alien invasion aspect, isn’t this film essentially a Destroy All Monsters remake?
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.
Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

_JNavs_
Xilien Halfling

Post by _JNavs_ »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Not sure if we should really be using this thread to discuss possible Godzilla vs Kong spoilers but I don’t think at this point anyone really cares.

Anyways it occurred to me, since the film has so many monsters, minus the alien invasion aspect, isn’t this film essentially a Destroy All Monsters remake?
I was hoping the third act would be exactly that, especially when they all face Godzilla at the end. But I think that was a hint towards what's to come in either Godzilla 3 or GvK
Sith Apprentice. The Tegu King. We Are Legion.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Anyways it occurred to me, since the film has so many monsters, minus the alien invasion aspect, isn’t this film essentially a Destroy All Monsters remake?
For me the focal point of DAM is the monsters coming together to fight Ghidorah, but that doesn't really happen here so I don't think so. I guess the short sequence with the monsters awakening is similar to the rampages in DAM? It's really brief though.

Kinda related: Comparisons to Ghidrah The Three Headed Monster are inevitable due to the film's monster roster, but it reminded of Godzilla vs King Ghidorah more than anything due to the way it makes use of these monsters.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

LSD Jellyfish
Keizer

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Smuggers wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Anyways it occurred to me, since the film has so many monsters, minus the alien invasion aspect, isn’t this film essentially a Destroy All Monsters remake?
For me the focal point of DAM is the monsters coming together to fight Ghidorah, but that doesn't really happen here so I don't think so. I guess the short sequence with the monsters awakening is similar to the rampages in DAM? It's really brief though.

Kinda related: Comparisons to Ghidrah The Three Headed Monster are inevitable due to the film's monster roster, but it reminded of Godzilla vs King Ghidorah more than anything due to the way it makes use of these monsters.
I don’t think everyone teaming up to fight Ghidorah is required for a DAM remake, look at GFW, but I agree with the points about Godzilla vs. KingGhidorah.

Mothra and Rodan are important to the plot, but play more as supporting monsters. The film with Godzilla and Ghidorah repeatedly fighting and waking one monster up with nukes is similar to GVKG.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.
Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Lonewolf36 wrote:Thought this might be helpful, The Novelization of the movie goes into more detail on several of the monsters not seen in the film with what seem like would be more extended scenes with them and some of the ones not seen in the film. Ok here is some info from the novel on the Titans, their locations and the Monarch Outposts monitoring them.

Behemoth/Titanus Behemoth
Monarch Outpost 58

Ghidorah/Monster Zero/Titanus Ghidorah
Monarch Outpost 32

Godzilla/Titanus Gojira
Monarch Outpost ??

Kong/Titanus Kong
Monarch Outpost 33

Leafwings
Monarch Outpost 33

Leviathan
Monarch Outpost ??

Methuselah/Titanus Methuselah
Monarch Outpost 67

Mokele-Mbembe/Titanus Mokele-Mbembe
Monarch Outpost 75

Mothra/Titanus Mosura
Monarch Outpost 61

MUTO
Monarch Outpost ??

Rodan/Titanus Rodan
Monarch Outpost 56

Scylla/Titanus Scylla
Monarch Outpost 55

Typhon
Monarch Outpost ??

Undesignated Titan
Classified Monarch Outpost
Note: Refered to as "Kraken" by Monarch personel

Unrevealed Titan (presumbaly Abaddon, from sources outside the novel)
Monarch Outpost ??

Unrevealed Titan
Monarch Outpost ??

Margygr
Note: Found in the Arctic after being killed by an unknown Titan

Jinshin-Mushi

MUTOs

2 Shinomura are mention being killed by Godzilla

Germany, Thailand and Wyoming all have Monarch Outpost presumably with Titans of there on.

The ones not covered in the Novel

Abaddon
Monarch Outpost ???
Note: May have been seen on screen that Mark Russell was scanning through?

Baphomet
Monarch Outpost ???

Bunyip
Monarch Outpost ???

Sargon
Monarch Outpost ???

Tiamat
Monarch Outpost ??
What about Quetzalcoatl?
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

Wow, so this is the first of me hearing about Mecha G possibly in GvK. I had been predicting and rooting for that for a while, with the technology going to Jonah's people for the movie after that for a DAM-style film featuring Mecha KG.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

BARAGONBREH wrote:Wow, so this is the first of me hearing about Mecha G possibly in GvK. I had been predicting and rooting for that for a while, with the technology going to Jonah's people for the movie after that for a DAM-style film featuring Mecha KG.
Well, maybe not MG himself, but we know that there's implied to be a Mech of some sort under construction on/under Skull Island based on the end credits. Sayaka stated he saw MG in concept/promo material for Kong and apparently they have the license (RPO) so he's the most likely bet.

TBH I wanted Hedorah for GvK but this will definitely do if it is MG.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

LSD Jellyfish
Keizer

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:Wow, so this is the first of me hearing about Mecha G possibly in GvK. I had been predicting and rooting for that for a while, with the technology going to Jonah's people for the movie after that for a DAM-style film featuring Mecha KG.
Well, maybe not MG himself, but we know that there's implied to be a Mech of some sort under construction on/under Skull Island based on the end credits. Sayaka stated he saw MG in concept/promo material for Kong and apparently they have the license (RPO) so he's the most likely bet.

TBH I wanted Hedorah for GvK but this will definitely do if it is MG.
Hedorah is another possibility but we are already heavily crowded with the amount of monsters.

One thing I’m really happy about, is that with G14, KSI, KOTM, and the tie in comics I feel like this really does feel like a “monsterverse” now. I’m also really happy because G14 and KSI made it seem way more gradual. All the monsters in KOTM feel “earned”.

Lonewolf36
Ronin

Post by Lonewolf36 »

TyrantGojira wrote:What about Quetzalcoatl?
Thanks! Another one i missed on screen. I have updated my previous list to add Manda, Quetzalcoatl and Yamata no Orochi. So glad to have found this forum. :D

_JNavs_
Xilien Halfling

Post by _JNavs_ »

Lonewolf36 wrote:
TyrantGojira wrote:What about Quetzalcoatl?
Thanks! Another one i missed on screen. I have updated my previous list to add Manda, Quetzalcoatl and Yamata no Orochi. So glad to have found this forum. :D
Where was Orochi and Manda?
Sith Apprentice. The Tegu King. We Are Legion.

CCMan
Ronin

Post by CCMan »

I'd really like to know more about the new Muto. I love that they're allowed to continue in this franchise.

LSD Jellyfish
Keizer

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

CCMan wrote:I'd really like to know more about the new Muto. I love that they're allowed to continue in this franchise.
Complete agreement! While there was a lot of stock footage, and the appearance of the new Muto was sprase, I like how they actually feel like a part of the franchise now, rather then a random mook of the week.

Living Corpse
Sazer

Post by Living Corpse »

Lonewolf36 wrote:Godzilla/Titanus Gojira
Monarch Outpost ??
It's outpost 54.