The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10274
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Postby Living Corpse » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:09 pm

D-Squared wrote:3.) Methuselah is "part animal, plant, and rock".


A flora-Mineral-Fauna?
Image

User avatar
GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:05 am

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Postby GuardianGhido » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:10 am

Living Corpse wrote:
D-Squared wrote:3.) Methuselah is "part animal, plant, and rock".


A flora-Mineral-Fauna?

Or maybe he's been asleep in the same spot underground for so long that a small mountain started growing on his back and he just picks it up and walks around with it?
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

User avatar
master_of_monsters
G-Grasper
Posts: 1469
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:57 am

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Postby master_of_monsters » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:32 am

Stump Feet wrote:That’s my real name, Stimp, Stimp Johnson.

I mean look at it like this, we see all the Titan’s names on the world map, but nothing says “MUTO3” or “New MUTO”, so I’m left to believe our MUTO is one of the names on that list and we just don’t know it


so... do you have a friend named Ren?
your source of self destruction

User avatar
Godzillakuj94
Interpol Agent
Posts: 649
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:50 pm
Location: Some little town you have never heard of

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Postby Godzillakuj94 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:03 am

I'd love to see them get Fil Barlow (Godzilla the Series monster designer) working on kaiju designs for a future film.

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2369
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:27 pm

Headcanon:

as you can see in this screenshot, one of the Titans in America is Abbadon.

In the Bible, Abbadon is a devil who controls a plague of locusts.

Based off this information (possible for it to walk to Boston and named after a insect associated devil), I'm assuming Abbadon is MUTWO/Newto/MutBro, unless GVK retcons it.
Image

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

User avatar
Cryptid_Liker
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:53 am

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Postby Cryptid_Liker » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:35 am

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Headcanon:

as you can see in this screenshot, one of the Titans in America is Abbadon.

In the Bible, Abbadon is a devil who controls a plague of locusts.

Based off this information (possible for it to walk to Boston and named after a insect associated devil), I'm assuming Abbadon is MUTWO/Newto/MutBro, unless GVK retcons it.


No. MUTO3 is clearly a female and Abaddon is male. I'm thinking the MUTO at Boston is actually Tiamat, as she is also in North America and one of the few female Titans.

Added in 1 minute 45 seconds:
By the way, I was really hoping to have an extra where they show concept art of the unseen Titans.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2369
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:42 am

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Headcanon:

as you can see in this screenshot, one of the Titans in America is Abbadon.

In the Bible, Abbadon is a devil who controls a plague of locusts.

Based off this information (possible for it to walk to Boston and named after a insect associated devil), I'm assuming Abbadon is MUTWO/Newto/MutBro, unless GVK retcons it.


No. MUTO3 is clearly a female and Abaddon is male. I'm thinking the MUTO at Boston is actually Tiamat, as she is also in North America and one of the few female Titans.


Name given by Monarch =/=facts on kaiju. If they were named as exact 1:1 of their mythological counterparts, Scylla would be a hydra and not a giant squid spider
Image

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

User avatar
Orichalcum
Interpol Agent
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Postby Orichalcum » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:42 am

I doubt concept art even exists for all the other Titans
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5662
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:04 am

I'm willing to bet these concepts are for all the other Titans.

We just have to connect the dots on who is who.

Image
Image

I believe this Taurus looking beast is Baphomet:

Image

This one looks like what I'd picture Abaddon looks like:

Image

I think this may be concept art for Scylla, but since Tiamat is the "God of Freshwater" it'd fit this guy:

Image
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
Orichalcum
Interpol Agent
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Postby Orichalcum » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:13 am

I wouldn’t be too sure of anything especially when none of those pieces have context behind em.

For all we know, that Scorpion ended up becoming the new MUTO, those bull Titans are early Methuselah concepts and that squid is Scylla.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5662
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:20 am

Yeah it's certainly possible, there are hints of Methuselah in that bull titan and hints of scylla in the squid, though the Scorpion seems to be a new one.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

Online
User avatar
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2454
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Titan

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Postby tyrantgoji » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:40 am

I don't imagine Baphomet looking like that. His name comes from a goat god,shouldn't he look like such?

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5662
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:46 am

tyrantgoji wrote:I don't imagine Baphomet looking like that. His name comes from a goat god,shouldn't he look like such?

Meh, horns? check. Devil tail? check. demonesque look? check.

For example, it's not like Methuselah is a 969 year old biblical patriarch :lol:
Image
Sith Apprentice.

Online
User avatar
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2454
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Titan

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Postby tyrantgoji » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:48 am

_JNavs_ wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:I don't imagine Baphomet looking like that. His name comes from a goat god,shouldn't he look like such?

Meh, horns? check. Devil tail? check. demonesque look? check.

For example, it's not like Methuselah is a 969 year old biblical patriarch :lol:


Oh,i didn't know that actually. :P

User avatar
Orichalcum
Interpol Agent
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Postby Orichalcum » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:49 am

Maybe you should read your damn bible, heathen.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

User avatar
Cryptid_Liker
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:53 am

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Postby Cryptid_Liker » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:56 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Name given by Monarch =/=facts on kaiju. If they were named as exact 1:1 of their mythological counterparts, Scylla would be a hydra and not a giant squid spider


Tiamat is supposed to be a sea dragon. I didn't say she looked exactly like her mythical counterpart. Plus, they kept Scylla's gender so they have no excuse to make Tiamat male.

Added in 3 minutes 11 seconds:
_JNavs_ wrote:I'm willing to bet these concepts are for all the other Titans.

We just have to connect the dots on who is who.

Image
Image

I believe this Taurus looking beast is Baphomet:

Image

This one looks like what I'd picture Abaddon looks like:

Image

I think this may be concept art for Scylla, but since Tiamat is the "God of Freshwater" it'd fit this guy:

Image


I think the scorpion is Sargon, the bull thing is early Methuselah art (but if it is definitely a new titan, I'd agree it would be Baphomet), the bat could be Baphomet (all they need to do is add the three horns), and the octopus is Kraken.

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2369
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:46 pm

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Name given by Monarch =/=facts on kaiju. If they were named as exact 1:1 of their mythological counterparts, Scylla would be a hydra and not a giant squid spider


Tiamat is supposed to be a sea dragon. I didn't say she looked exactly like her mythical counterpart. Plus, they kept Scylla's gender so they have no excuse to make Tiamat male.


The thing is, each of the Titans are connected to their name by some design traits.

Behemoth shares the elephant like traits of the biblical Behemoth, Scylla had multiple necks which some have interpreted as tentacles of a squid, like Scylla has, Metshulah lived forever and by being a mountain so can the other, Kraken's a squid in the novel, and Mokele Membe has been speculated to be an elephant by some in the cryptid community which supports the novel's Grootslang like creature.

Of the two, "giant bug demon from the depths of the earth" fits the MUTO much better then "sea dragon".

However, if Newto is supposed to be a new MUTO Prime, I suppose the whole "mother of monsters" thing could apply as well.

Honestly, we're probably gonna have to wait for GVK to find out (if MU20 is even in it)
Image

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

User avatar
Cryptid_Liker
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:53 am

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Postby Cryptid_Liker » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:39 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:The thing is, each of the Titans are connected to their name by some design traits.

Behemoth shares the elephant like traits of the biblical Behemoth, Scylla had multiple necks which some have interpreted as tentacles of a squid, like Scylla has, Metshulah lived forever and by being a mountain so can the other, Kraken's a squid in the novel, and Mokele Membe has been speculated to be an elephant by some in the cryptid community which supports the novel's Grootslang like creature.

Of the two, "giant bug demon from the depths of the earth" fits the MUTO much better then "sea dragon".

However, if Newto is supposed to be a new MUTO Prime, I suppose the whole "mother of monsters" thing could apply as well.

Honestly, we're probably gonna have to wait for GVK to find out (if MU20 is even in it)


Yeah, but the MUTOs do look like reptile-insect hybrids though, so maybe????

By the way, I did not even think about the whole mom thing.

User avatar
master_of_monsters
G-Grasper
Posts: 1469
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:57 am

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Postby master_of_monsters » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:50 am

wasn't there supposedly a cyclops in KOTM?
your source of self destruction

Online
User avatar
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2454
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Titan

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Postby tyrantgoji » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:07 pm

master_of_monsters wrote:wasn't there supposedly a cyclops in KOTM?


Rumored,but not there now. Probably a place holder because the leak named it "The Scylla"


Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tyrantgoji and 7 guests