The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Post by Dino-Mario »

Well, since the Monsterverse has its own version of Orochi, how do you think it should look like should it appear in the flesh? It having eight heads is granted, but do you think it should look like any of the Toho versions of the character, or maybe make it look more like an eight-headed monitor lizard to make it more earthly looking than Ghidorah? I really hope they don't make it too similar to Ghido, after all.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Dino-Mario wrote:Well, since the Monsterverse has its own version of Orochi, how do you think it should look like should it appear in the flesh? It having eight heads is granted, but do you think it should look like any of the Toho versions of the character, or maybe make it look more like an eight-headed monitor lizardto make it more earthly looking than Ghidorah? I really hope they don't make it too similar to Ghido, after all.
ew no! just imagining that in my head,the design looks atrocius.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Dino-Mario wrote:Well, since the Monsterverse has its own version of Orochi, how do you think it should look like should it appear in the flesh? It having eight heads is granted, but do you think it should look like any of the Toho versions of the character, or maybe make it look more like an eight-headed monitor lizard to make it more earthly looking than Ghidorah? I really hope they don't make it too similar to Ghido, after all.
Why is there a need to take something inherently mythical and apply realism to it? Does that not defeat the purpose to begin with?

http://www.storiespreschool.com/yamata_no_orochi.html

Hell, Toho`S own designs for Orochi are perfect enough.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

I'm sorry if i my earlier suggestion came out as unflattering, what i just wanted to say was hoping that they would find a way to make Orochi not too similar to Ghidorah, that's all. Personally i'd love if they went with an updated version of the Heisei Orochi. The whole monitor lizard thing was just some random thought, indeed, such a design would be awfully uninspired.
Last edited by Dino-Mario on Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

:(
Dino-Mario wrote:I'm sorry if i my earlier suggestion came out as unflattering, what i just wanted to say was hoping that they would find a way to make Orochi not too similar to Ghidorah, that's all. Personally i'd love if they went with an updated version of the Heisei Orochi. The whole monitor lizard thing was just some random thought, indeed, such a design would be awfully uninspired.
I think thankfully they made Ghidorah’s Head crest and while mouth/jaw much more western. Taking the back (as directly shown by the painting) and having more musculature would definitely differentiate the two.

All they need to do is have a different classical head design, a different body shape, and a different color (such as the red heisei one, or purple idw one) and it’ll stand out enough.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Dino-Mario wrote:Well, since the Monsterverse has its own version of Orochi, how do you think it should look like should it appear in the flesh? It having eight heads is granted, but do you think it should look like any of the Toho versions of the character, or maybe make it look more like an eight-headed monitor lizard to make it more earthly looking than Ghidorah? I really hope they don't make it too similar to Ghido, after all.
Like the 90s Toho Orochi? So basically Keizer Ghidorah, with 8 heads?

Or they could make it look like a snake and multiple dragon heads, with a color scheme completely different from King Ghidorah. Maybe a white or blue..
Last edited by Destoroyah of Worlds on Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

So Titanus Sargon suddenly just isn't a thing anymore?
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

What if Orochi is really just code for a type of plant hybrid or some kinda cnidarian ?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Stump Feet wrote:So Titanus Sargon suddenly just isn't a thing anymore?
what? you mean he's not on the map?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:So Titanus Sargon suddenly just isn't a thing anymore?
what? you mean he's not on the map?
Apparently not. I've seen multiple screenshots of the map from the movie and he's not there.
Long Live The Sting

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I think if Orochi looked something like he did in The Three Treasures it could work:
Making him snake-like instead of dragon-like would be pretty cool imo

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

I'm willing to think that the unused giant scorpion is either Abaddon or Sargon

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Dino-Mario wrote:I'm willing to think that the unused giant scorpion is either Abaddon or Sargon
Sargon’s not a thing, and I’m betting MUTO3 is either Abaddon or Orochi.
Long Live The Sting

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Stump Feet wrote:
Dino-Mario wrote:I'm willing to think that the unused giant scorpion is either Abaddon or Sargon
Sargon is from set visit and suppose to be in Colombia. Muto 3 is called New Muto by Doughtery.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

miguelnuva wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:
Sargon is from set visit and suppose to be in Colombia. Muto 3 is called New Muto by Doughtery.
I know where Sargon’s from but he doesn’t exist.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The Sting

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Stump Feet wrote: Sargon is from set visit and suppose to be in Colombia. Muto 3 is called New Muto by Doughtery.
I know where Sargon’s from but he doesn’t exist. There are no Titans residing in Cambodia, I’ve seen the map[/quote]

Typhon is at Cambodia.
Sargon is at Colombia.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Ok whatever, Columbia or Cambodia, I don't care, he doesn’t exists lol.

Like what part of “he’s not on the map” are you not getting :lol:

https://m.imgur.com/a/0gz0ya5
Last edited by Stump Feet on Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Long Live The Sting

AtomicMorningBreath
Interpol Agent

Post by AtomicMorningBreath »

Anybody slightly annoyed that they have Godzilla in the Atlantic now? Very minor pet peeve.
"It's ok, they're all smoking."

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

AtomicMorningBreath wrote:Anybody slightly annoyed that they have Godzilla in the Atlantic now? Very minor pet peeve.
same. did they recon that at the last second? and what the skreoonk happened to Sargon? was he edited for some reason?

TheInfiniteAeon
Monarch Researcher

Post by TheInfiniteAeon »

I am very annoyed at Godzilla being in the Atlantic, because everyone saw him in the Pacific Ocean you gotta wonder why Monarch decided to put a lookout post for him in a different ocean. And doing so would do the Hollow Earth thing even better because the characters would go "holy shit this undersea tunnel took us from the Pacific to the Atlantic, the Hollow Earth is real! This is how Godzilla patrols the world's oceans!"
In a post-Shin Godzilla world, the kaiju genre should, more than ever before, be held to standards of quality that are more than just "big monster go rawr". Don't act surprised when you get trash movies when your core audience asks for nothing but the bare minimum.