The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Post by BlankAccount »

Behemoth is an instant fan favorite and for good reason, it's one of the rare mammal kaiju. Know what I want?

A giant bat.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Man, I see more fan love over the new throwaway monsters than the actual characters at this point.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Living Corpse wrote:Behemoth is an instant fan favorite and for good reason, it's one of the rare mammal kaiju. Know what I want?

A giant bat.
I would have made a Titanus Camazots if I could make one new titan.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

When are we getting Titanus Froggus
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Man, I see more fan love over the new throwaway monsters than the actual characters at this point.
It's a forum full of fans of giant monsters, don't be so smug. This is the same story with *every* Godzilla film.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: It's a forum full of fans of giant monsters, don't be so smug. This is the same story with *every* Godzilla film.
I see more people talking about Serizawa than Godzilla himself when it comes to the original. :)
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote: It's a forum full of fans of giant monsters, don't be so smug. This is the same story with *every* Godzilla film.
I see more people talking about Serizawa than Godzilla himself when it comes to the original. :)
As much as Godzilla is the star of that film, he doesn't get much development outside of resting at the sea bottom to show he wasn't always vicious, Godzilla really didn't get much character development till the sequels and that was a different Goji.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

I fail to see the problem here. Yes they didn't get a lot of screentime, but some of them had pretty cool and interesting designs. What's wrong with discussing them? People always talk about the monsters next to the characters in a Godzilla movie, regardless of how prominent they are. This thread is titled the "other monsters" thread lol. I'm fully on board with a different one discussing the characters.

Added in 1 minute 33 seconds:
Living Corpse wrote:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
As much as Godzilla is the star of that film, he doesn't get much development outside of resting at the sea bottom to show he wasn't always vicious, Godzilla really didn't get much character development till the sequels and that was a different Goji.
Yep. Although he does show glimpses of being more than a destructive force of nature, he really is the driving threat in the movie and nothing more- so obviously he takes a backseat to the human protagonists. And the characters are well written too, so there's that.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Living Corpse wrote:Behemoth is an instant fan favorite and for good reason, it's one of the rare mammal kaiju. Know what I want?

A giant bat.
BAGORAH!!!!!!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Smuggers wrote:When are we getting Titanus Froggus
Or Titanus Saurus!?
Last edited by Stump Feet on Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

death kappa?
your source of self destruction

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

master_of_monsters wrote:
death kappa?
Death Kappa’s a turtle, weren’t you paying attention in biology class?
Long Live The Sting

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

death kappa?
This is the first and last time Death Kappa should ever be referenced.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I still wanna see that winged Lion Titan. we could really need more mammal monsters (Especially since the one we thought was a mammal isn't actually one at all :? )

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

tyrantgoji wrote:I still wanna see that winged Lion Titan. we could really need more mammal monsters (Especially since the one we thought was a mammal isn't actually one at all :? )
He shows up during the opening logos for King Of The Monsters alongside Behemoth iirc.

Added in 1 minute 3 seconds:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
death kappa?
Maaaaan, Death Kappa suuure was a trip :lol:

Love the ending lol
Long Live The Sting

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Stump Feet wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:I still wanna see that winged Lion Titan. we could really need more mammal monsters (Especially since the one we thought was a mammal isn't actually one at all :? )
He shows up during the opening logos for King Of The Monsters alongside Behemoth iirc.

Added in 1 minute 3 seconds:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
death kappa?
Maaaaan, Death Kappa suuure was a trip :lol:

well yeah but not just a carving on the wall. i mean in full CGI glory!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

What about Behemoth?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Behemoth?
yeah but it' still just him, Kong, other's of Kong's species, Black Moth, Sanda And Gaira, Frankenstein... that's it. i know it may sound like a lot but compare all of that to how many insects and reptile monsters exist.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

tyrantgoji wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Behemoth?
yeah but it' still just him, Kong, other's of Kong's species, Black Moth, Sanda And Gaira, Frankenstein... that's it. i know it may sound like a lot but compare all of that to how many insects and reptile monsters exist.
Oh I thought you meant strictly Monsterverse lol.

While a winged lion would be wicked for a kaiju, I can't help but feel like it'd look a bit cheesy flying in the sky next to say, Mothra/Rodan etc.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

tyrantgoji wrote: well yeah but not just a carving on the wall. i mean in full CGI glory!
Well, you may not get that, but he’s in Godzilla: The Series in all his 2D glory :huge:

Added in 1 minute 11 seconds:
tyrantgoji wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Behemoth?
King Caesar and Half-Human says “hi”
Last edited by Stump Feet on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The Sting