The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Post by Stump Feet »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:The novel is just as canon as the film.
Nope. Film takes precedence over any ancillary media. Novelizations especially are mostly written with early, non-final drafts of the script. See the 2014 film's novelization which is completely different from the film and has a ton of non-canon differences.
While this is true for 2014, the novel for KOTM has the dialogue and action beat for beat just with added detail.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote:Methuselah also doesn't have a shell BTW, it's more like jointed armor plate.
Methuselah has a turtle-like shell in the novel.
No, he really doesn't. He's only ever described (at least in my copy) to resemble a bull with a mountain on his back. Besides, the novel is separate from the film and is secondary canon.
Dougherty indirectly confirmed that the novel is a canon. on Twitter to a question about Kong from a fan, he answered with a passage from the novel and left a link to the site where you can buy a book

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Olzh26 wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote:
Stump Feet wrote: Methuselah has a turtle-like shell in the novel.
No, he really doesn't. He's only ever described (at least in my copy) to resemble a bull with a mountain on his back. Besides, the novel is separate from the film and is secondary canon.
Dougherty indirectly confirmed that the novel is a canon. on Twitter to a question about Kong from a fan, he answered with a passage from the novel and left a link to the site where you can buy a book
The novel fills in stuff that we can't see in the film. The film takes precedent.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

No one's arguing it doesn't but the details in the novel shouldn't be ignored.

You're free to believe whatever you want but the same guy who said Methuselah looked like Rhyhorn also claimed a couple Bigfoots, a cyclops, and a Showa and Final Wars Kamacuras would show up in the artbook. It goes without saying it was all bogus.
Long Live The Sting

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Stump Feet wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Nope. Film takes precedence over any ancillary media. Novelizations especially are mostly written with early, non-final drafts of the script. See the 2014 film's novelization which is completely different from the film and has a ton of non-canon differences.
While this is true for 2014, the novel for KOTM has the dialogue and action beat for beat just with added detail.
And still doesn't describe Methuselah with a turtlelike shell.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

It never outright states a turtle-like shell but states a shell none the less.

Last edited by Stump Feet on Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The Sting

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Dougherty himself seems to think that the novel is canon.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

So HN Network is claiming Sargon was the scorpion Titan we saw in the concept art.

If this is true, that clears up his identity.
Long Live The Sting

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Stump Feet wrote:It never outright states a turtle-like shell but states a shell none the less.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bxzk2Bz8HSw&t=322s
Getting an error here. Can you PM me the link itself?
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Stump Feet wrote:So HN Network is claiming Sargon was the scorpion Titan we saw in the concept art.

If this is true, that clears up his identity.
you really wanna trust Hybrid Network? the people who said Pulgasari of all monsters was gonna be in Godzilla vs. Kong? i mean it makes sense it be Sargon but from them of all sources?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I mean, I did say if...
Long Live The Sting

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

so aparrently,we missed a titan! Outpost 66, Titanus Amhuluk. he's the one in Russia,not Abaddon, who's in Mexico. Sargon is somewhere else on the map i hear.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

tyrantgoji wrote:so aparrently,we missed a titan! Outpost 66, Titanus Amhuluk. he's the one in Russia,not Abaddon, who's in Mexico. Sargon is somewhere else on the map i hear.
Source?
Long Live The Sting

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Stump Feet wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:so aparrently,we missed a titan! Outpost 66, Titanus Amhuluk. he's the one in Russia,not Abaddon, who's in Mexico. Sargon is somewhere else on the map i hear.
Source?
went and searched for it,but i think the news is to new. neither Wikizilla or Gojipedia has picked up on it yet. plenty of reports from people who've seen the film itself (one guy who claims to have seen Amhuluk has also said he's seen the film nine seperate times).

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Im confused, so what's your source? Links would be appreciated
Long Live The Sting

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Stump Feet wrote:Im confused, so what's your source? Links would be appreciated
well here's the guy who said he saw the film nine times,made a drawing of what he thinks Amhuluk may look like. https://www.deviantart.com/bozzerkazooe ... -806843228 scroll down to find his comment on it.

here's two quotes from a guy on Wikizilla who claims to have seen it: I just got the movie via youtube movies and apparently, a Titan was missed.

Outpost 66-Titanus Amhuluk.

Amhuluk is located in the Manpupuner Rock Formations,Russia.

Abaddon is in Mexico not Sargon.

so that makes two people who claim to have seen it. i doubt there the same person.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Just a week ago you were giving me flak for using HybridNetwork as a source and now here you are trusting the word of two random blokes on the web

Ironic.
Long Live The Sting

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

The mammoth has one of the most uncreative monster designs i've ever seen. Literally just a giant mammoth.

They couldn't have designed any cool creatures like pacific rim?

Hope Kong kills that fuzzy elephant.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:The mammoth has one of the most uncreative monster designs i've ever seen. Literally just a giant mammoth.

Um...what? Behemoths not just a giant mammoth,he's based more off sloths and gorillas with an elephant trunk. it's even confirmed in universe that he's a sloth!

yes earlier concepts had him as just a mammoth with more tusk and such but the concept we got is not that.

Added in 2 minutes 33 seconds:
Stump Feet wrote:Just a week ago you were giving me flak for using HybridNetwork as a source and now here you are trusting the word of two random blokes on the web

Ironic.
not like i've trusted random people before. i did the same thing with the Bigfoot titan remember?

yeah i should't listen to people like that,my bad.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:The mammoth has one of the most uncreative monster designs i've ever seen. Literally just a giant mammoth.

Have you actually watched King Of The Monsters by any chance? I know he's not featured very much and his sequences are short but what we do see of him in no way resembled an elephant, it looked like a giant ape with tusks...
Long Live The Sting