The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Post by Gigantis »

Mr_Krenicboy wrote:If Sekmet is a legged cobra then what was that stone carving of a winged lion at the beginning of the movie depicting?
Guess some other Titan who died.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Honestly, now that I think about it, those images are probably placeholders. Sekhmet still could be a lion, Typhon still could be a serpent thing (although the starfish is way cooler), and Bunyip still could be... what does Bunyip look like?

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

I wanna see Mokele because I'm a huge cryptid fanatic.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

D-Squared
Interpol Agent

Post by D-Squared »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:what does Bunyip look like?
It's interesting how Bunyip closely resembles the Rainbow Serpent, a water-dwelling creator god of the Indigenous Australians. Sekhmet and Behemoth also share this commonality: Sekhmet resembles Apep and resembles the Mapinguari. Wouldn't surprise me if some of these Titans were based on monsters other than their namesakes... monsters with clumsy-sounding or less-than-impressive names.

But I agree... we shouldn't read too much into background dressing...

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:what does Bunyip look like?
Varies. There are two reported varieties: either a seal-dog or a long necked variety that to quote wikipedia
"is said to have black or brown fur, large ears, small tusks, a head like a horse or emu, an elongated, maned neck about three feet long and with many folds of skin, and a horse-like tail."

Honestly, I prefer these designs even if they are placeholders. I'd rather them do something weird that fits in to the myth then just copy and paste the monster into CGI. Like how Scylla is supposed to be a hydra but they went for a nitrogen spewing nautilus arachnid.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Varies. There are two reported varieties: either a seal-dog or a long necked variety that to quote wikipedia
"is said to have black or brown fur, large ears, small tusks, a head like a horse or emu, an elongated, maned neck about three feet long and with many folds of skin, and a horse-like tail."

Honestly, I prefer these designs even if they are placeholders. I'd rather them do something weird that fits in to the myth then just copy and paste the monster into CGI. Like how Scylla is supposed to be a hydra but they went for a nitrogen spewing nautilus arachnid.
But Sekhmet being a cobra-centipede has nothing to do with her myths...
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Varies. There are two reported varieties: either a seal-dog or a long necked variety that to quote wikipedia

But Sekhmet being a cobra-centipede has nothing to do with her myths...
TBF Scylla's not a hydra like Soggy said. But even then at least her being a Cthuhlu looking monster was cool, unlike weird insecto-cobra.. -_-

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

Yall acting like a centipede cobra ain't the coolest weird shit :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, you DO know Sekhemt isn't a fire breathing sphinx right?

She looks like this fellas

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Yall acting like a centipede cobra ain't the coolest weird poop :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean i'll take that too. I'm sure they could make a giant lioness on two legs intimidating in some fashion. Just saying they have an opportunity for a new mammal kaiju in their hands, and it seems like they're just wasting in on another reptile.

SoggyNoodles2016

tyrantgoji wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Yall acting like a centipede cobra ain't the coolest weird poop :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean i'll take that too. I'm sure they could make a giant lioness on two legs intimidating in some fashion. Just saying they have an opportunity for a new mammal kaiju in their hands, and it seems like they're just wasting in on another reptile.

.....that's a woman. With a cat head. I thought Cats taught us we have enough of that.

What I've seen it strikes me as more centipede then cobra.

Also also, I realize this is kinda stupid because we're talking about a monster that's probably never gonna show up on screen lol

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:

.....that's a woman. With a cat head. I thought Cats taught us we have enough of that.

What I've seen it strikes me as more centipede then cobra.

Also also, I realize this is kinda stupid because we're talking about a monster that's probably never gonna show up on screen lol
Well they could always make it look like a weird lion/bear and have it stand on two's for a lengthy period of time..not like it matters cause like you said it's probably not gonna show up. :lol:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Still a cat...

LindenHS
Monarch Researcher

Post by LindenHS »

https://www.reddit.com/r/GODZILLA/comme ... st_titans/

The full thing for y’all since nobody seems to want to go into the details I dug out months ago.

Abbadon is MUTO3
Typhon a starfish
Sekhmet is a whattheactualf**k

And I have literally no life when not working and a magnifying glass.

Added in 9 minutes 48 seconds:
tyrantgoji wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:Apparently, most of the titans got revealed via X-ray. Abaddon is the third MUTO (despite my belief that it would be Tiamat).

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5NhbuCgdT7 ... hare_sheet
Okay these things are too blury to see. I can't even tell who's meant to be who besides that serpent one being Leviathan.
Only serpents are Ghidorah and Bunyip there.
Last edited by LindenHS on Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

YES!

I CALLED IT!

ABBADON IS THE NEW-T.O!

I'VE NEVER BEEN PROUDER RIGHT NOW

RIP Evan.

LindenHS
Monarch Researcher

Post by LindenHS »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:YES!

I CALLED IT!

ABBADON IS THE NEW-T.O!

I'VE NEVER BEEN PROUDER RIGHT NOW
I was in the same boat because the giant bear in myth associated with Devils Tower was more commonly called Stiff Legged Bear and walked with a stiff gallop, just about everything that describes MUTO3 fits the bear... meaning it was chiseled into that narrative on purpose.

Also the MUTO legs look like burnt wings... hence fallen angel bit
Last edited by LindenHS on Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

ABB Gamma
GPN Volunteer

Post by ABB Gamma »

This is the full-res version of the Titan x-rays: https://wikizilla.org/w/images/thumb/6/ ... x-rays.jpg

Some cool stuff here for sure, but I don't see anything linking Abaddon to the new MUTO, nor a Titan named Aqrabuamelu.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Sekhmet would've been dope to see.

Centipede kaiju.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LindenHS
Monarch Researcher

Post by LindenHS »

ABB Gamma wrote:This is the full-res version of the Titan x-rays: https://wikizilla.org/w/images/thumb/6/ ... x-rays.jpg

Some cool stuff here for sure, but I don't see anything linking Abaddon to the new MUTO, nor a Titan named Aqrabuamelu.
Bottom row, the Obviously not Methuselah using his name in Israel, that’s a scorpion... I worked with the grumpy b*****ds my entire college internship long enough to know that.
In the Movie we see these same monitors but they have very different names... but my computer pause button skips so pausing it is challenging... but it seems to start with an A or G, and conveniently we have references in the Novel to the Scorpion-men Aqrabuamelu and Girtablilu, who also under a different name appear in Aztec mythology as the Tzitzimime. Also Dougherty flat out references Them specifically in a tweet about those coordinates in the end credits (https://twitter.com/mike_dougherty/stat ... 25441?s=21), that temple art is of one of the brothers... typically it’s Aqra that gets depicted or referenced not Gitter... no idea why but all things considered we have only one so imma say Gitter ain’t with us anymore.... so Aqrabuamelu is all alone.

http://www.ancientpages.com/2016/01/19/ ... ology/amp/

Top row has Abaddon at Devils Tower, and a cave art MUTO on those mini monitors, I think it’s the second to last or last one...
Last edited by LindenHS on Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ABB Gamma
GPN Volunteer

Post by ABB Gamma »

I don't buy the idea of Methuselah's name being digitally changed to Aqrabuamelu or Girtablilu -- why don't they appear anywhere else in the movie, like the Titan maps? -- though I'd be willing to squint at some more monitors if you'd provide the timestamps. Also, the Vulture Stone Dougherty quote-tweeted is significantly older than Babylonia, so that ain't Aqrabuamelu. (Not that it really matters, since someone else chose that particular pillar to represent Göbekli Tepe while asking him a question and his reply doesn't mention a scorpion at all.)

My reading of the image I posted is that Methuselah was originally supposed to be a scorpion living in Israel or thereabouts. (Hence that concept art of a scorpion Titan.) It wasn't altered in post because the filmmakers assumed that no one would notice -- and if not for set photos allowing for clearer views of the Titan names, they would probably still be right.

Regarding Abaddon: I do not see a cave painting of a MUTO at all, which is not surprising given the size/quality of the screens in question.

LindenHS
Monarch Researcher

Post by LindenHS »

ABB Gamma wrote:I don't buy the idea of Methuselah's name being digitally changed to Aqrabuamelu or Girtablilu -- why don't they appear anywhere else in the movie, like the Titan maps? -- though I'd be willing to squint at some more monitors if you'd provide the timestamps. Also, the Vulture Stone Dougherty quote-tweeted is significantly older than Babylonia, so that ain't Aqrabuamelu. (Not that it really matters, since someone else chose that particular pillar to represent Göbekli Tepe while asking him a question and his reply doesn't mention a scorpion at all.)

My reading of the image I posted is that Methuselah was originally supposed to be a scorpion living in Israel or thereabouts. (Hence that concept art of a scorpion Titan.) It wasn't altered in post because the filmmakers assumed that no one would notice -- and if not for set photos allowing for clearer views of the Titan names, they would probably still be right.

Regarding Abaddon: I do not see a cave painting of a MUTO at all, which is not surprising given the size/quality of the screens in question.
That interview everyone keeps referring to came out AFTER the film... Also it had several errors on the monitors, but in the scene Mark is at the Castle Bravo meeting (the first one) the admittedly blurry names don’t look at all the same... the stand out is the “Leviathan” labeled monitor is Kraken or at least fewer letters (maybe Unknown) but it’s definitely not Leviathan...

Either way they need to update MonarchSciences, even Godzilla left the site... they promised answers with that after credit stuff and we got left out to dry.
Seriously though will they ever answer all this or what?