The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Post by BlankAccount »

D-Squared wrote: 3.) Methuselah is "part animal, plant, and rock".
A flora-Mineral-Fauna?

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Living Corpse wrote:
D-Squared wrote: 3.) Methuselah is "part animal, plant, and rock".
A flora-Mineral-Fauna?
Or maybe he's been asleep in the same spot underground for so long that a small mountain started growing on his back and he just picks it up and walks around with it?
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

Stump Feet wrote:That’s my real name, Stimp, Stimp Johnson.

I mean look at it like this, we see all the Titan’s names on the world map, but nothing says “MUTO3” or “New MUTO”, so I’m left to believe our MUTO is one of the names on that list and we just don’t know it
so... do you have a friend named Ren?
your source of self destruction

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

I'd love to see them get Fil Barlow (Godzilla the Series monster designer) working on kaiju designs for a future film.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Headcanon:

as you can see in this screenshot, one of the Titans in America is Abbadon.

In the Bible, Abbadon is a devil who controls a plague of locusts.

Based off this information (possible for it to walk to Boston and named after a insect associated devil), I'm assuming Abbadon is MUTWO/Newto/MutBro, unless GVK retcons it.

RIP Evan.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Headcanon:

Based off this information (possible for it to walk to Boston and named after a insect associated devil), I'm assuming Abbadon is MUTWO/Newto/MutBro, unless GVK retcons it.
No. MUTO3 is clearly a female and Abaddon is male. I'm thinking the MUTO at Boston is actually Tiamat, as she is also in North America and one of the few female Titans.

Added in 1 minute 45 seconds:
By the way, I was really hoping to have an extra where they show concept art of the unseen Titans.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Headcanon:

No. MUTO3 is clearly a female and Abaddon is male. I'm thinking the MUTO at Boston is actually Tiamat, as she is also in North America and one of the few female Titans.
Name given by Monarch =/=facts on kaiju. If they were named as exact 1:1 of their mythological counterparts, Scylla would be a hydra and not a giant squid spider

RIP Evan.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

I doubt concept art even exists for all the other Titans
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'm willing to bet these concepts are for all the other Titans.

We just have to connect the dots on who is who.

I believe this Taurus looking beast is Baphomet:

This one looks like what I'd picture Abaddon looks like:

I think this may be concept art for Scylla, but since Tiamat is the "God of Freshwater" it'd fit this guy:

Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

I wouldn’t be too sure of anything especially when none of those pieces have context behind em.

For all we know, that Scorpion ended up becoming the new MUTO, those bull Titans are early Methuselah concepts and that squid is Scylla.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Yeah it's certainly possible, there are hints of Methuselah in that bull titan and hints of scylla in the squid, though the Scorpion seems to be a new one.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I don't imagine Baphomet looking like that. His name comes from a goat god,shouldn't he look like such?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

tyrantgoji wrote:I don't imagine Baphomet looking like that. His name comes from a goat god,shouldn't he look like such?
Meh, horns? check. Devil tail? check. demonesque look? check.

For example, it's not like Methuselah is a 969 year old biblical patriarch :lol:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

_JNavs_ wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:I don't imagine Baphomet looking like that. His name comes from a goat god,shouldn't he look like such?
Meh, horns? check. Devil tail? check. demonesque look? check.

For example, it's not like Methuselah is a 969 year old biblical patriarch :lol:
Oh,i didn't know that actually. :P

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

Maybe you should read your damn bible, heathen.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Name given by Monarch =/=facts on kaiju. If they were named as exact 1:1 of their mythological counterparts, Scylla would be a hydra and not a giant squid spider
Tiamat is supposed to be a sea dragon. I didn't say she looked exactly like her mythical counterpart. Plus, they kept Scylla's gender so they have no excuse to make Tiamat male.

Added in 3 minutes 11 seconds:
_JNavs_ wrote:I'm willing to bet these concepts are for all the other Titans.

We just have to connect the dots on who is who.

I believe this Taurus looking beast is Baphomet:

This one looks like what I'd picture Abaddon looks like:

I think this may be concept art for Scylla, but since Tiamat is the "God of Freshwater" it'd fit this guy:

I think the scorpion is Sargon, the bull thing is early Methuselah art (but if it is definitely a new titan, I'd agree it would be Baphomet), the bat could be Baphomet (all they need to do is add the three horns), and the octopus is Kraken.

SoggyNoodles2016

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Name given by Monarch =/=facts on kaiju. If they were named as exact 1:1 of their mythological counterparts, Scylla would be a hydra and not a giant squid spider
Tiamat is supposed to be a sea dragon. I didn't say she looked exactly like her mythical counterpart. Plus, they kept Scylla's gender so they have no excuse to make Tiamat male.
The thing is, each of the Titans are connected to their name by some design traits.

Behemoth shares the elephant like traits of the biblical Behemoth, Scylla had multiple necks which some have interpreted as tentacles of a squid, like Scylla has, Metshulah lived forever and by being a mountain so can the other, Kraken's a squid in the novel, and Mokele Membe has been speculated to be an elephant by some in the cryptid community which supports the novel's Grootslang like creature.

Of the two, "giant bug demon from the depths of the earth" fits the MUTO much better then "sea dragon".

However, if Newto is supposed to be a new MUTO Prime, I suppose the whole "mother of monsters" thing could apply as well.

Honestly, we're probably gonna have to wait for GVK to find out (if MU20 is even in it)

RIP Evan.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:The thing is, each of the Titans are connected to their name by some design traits.

Behemoth shares the elephant like traits of the biblical Behemoth, Scylla had multiple necks which some have interpreted as tentacles of a squid, like Scylla has, Metshulah lived forever and by being a mountain so can the other, Kraken's a squid in the novel, and Mokele Membe has been speculated to be an elephant by some in the cryptid community which supports the novel's Grootslang like creature.

Of the two, "giant bug demon from the depths of the earth" fits the MUTO much better then "sea dragon".

However, if Newto is supposed to be a new MUTO Prime, I suppose the whole "mother of monsters" thing could apply as well.

Honestly, we're probably gonna have to wait for GVK to find out (if MU20 is even in it)
Yeah, but the MUTOs do look like reptile-insect hybrids though, so maybe????

By the way, I did not even think about the whole mom thing.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

wasn't there supposedly a cyclops in KOTM?
your source of self destruction

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

master_of_monsters wrote:wasn't there supposedly a cyclops in KOTM?
Rumored,but not there now. Probably a place holder because the leak named it "The Scylla"