The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Post by BlankAccount »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Kong: I’m not sure if he’s part of the destruction, but he is sortve in the film. I do like the build up during the end credits scene, I just wish we actually saw him.
King Kong is like Mothra and Godzilla, he see's himself as an alpha and will not submit, but unlike Mothra King Kong does not have a symbiotic relationship with Godzilla, which is why Godzilla and King Kong are gonna fight.
I wonder if Kong and Behemoth are going to duke it out in Godzilla vs Kong, I'd love to see it. I mentioned this in another thread, and I don't usually repeat myself but, it'd be wicked if we get a DAM situation where Ghidorah comes back and it's just Godzilla/Kong (maybe Rodan and Mothra) taking on a reformed grotesque Ghidorah, Scylla, Behemoth, Methuselah, NuMuto, and maybe a few other new ones.
it would make up for the lack of Rodan teaming up with Goji and Mothra. And yeah one of my complaints about this film was it would have been nice to see King Kong team up with Godzilla against King Ghidorah. So if they go the Mecha-King Ghidorah route we might get that.

I kind of wish we saw Skullcrawlers or other Skull Island monster run amok in this film (granted one of the new monsters might be native to Skull Island and we won't be told till the next film).

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Behemoth my new monster buddy. I hope he gets to do something cool in Kong Vs. Godzilla, lol.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Ben Shapiro wrote:Those are Sayaka’s sketches and he most certainly didn’t attend any set visit.

The only accurate one is his sketch of Behemoth, thegarbagemonster sketched Scylla the other day and it looked far more accurate than Sayaka’s drawing.

Not to mention we never see Methuselah’s entire body so all he got accurate there was its head, and even then thegarbagemonster drew a far more accurate representation.
The others are definitely accurate though. We don’t see a clear look of the rock kaiju (Is Methuselah actually his name? I forget), so I’ll give you that.
Long Live The King

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Ben Shapiro wrote:Those are Sayaka’s sketches and he most certainly didn’t attend any set visit.

The only accurate one is his sketch of Behemoth, thegarbagemonster sketched Scylla the other day and it looked far more accurate than Sayaka’s drawing.

Not to mention we never see Methuselah’s entire body so all he got accurate there was its head, and even then thegarbagemonster drew a far more accurate representation.
Sayaka’s Scylla drawing looks just like the movie, minus a few details. I know I wouldn’t be able to perfectly recreated a monster with 30 seconds of screen times
GO GO GOJI KUN

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GojiDog wrote:Behemoth my new monster buddy. I hope he gets to do something cool in Kong Vs. Godzilla, lol.
There's just something about him that I find so cool lol, plus we got to see him destroy a city like a kaiju needs to do to be authenticated as such :lol: .

Him vs Kong would be the coolest fight second only to Godzilla vs Kong.

Added in 3 minutes 53 seconds:
Living Corpse wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
King Kong is like Mothra and Godzilla, he see's himself as an alpha and will not submit, but unlike Mothra King Kong does not have a symbiotic relationship with Godzilla, which is why Godzilla and King Kong are gonna fight.
I wonder if Kong and Behemoth are going to duke it out in Godzilla vs Kong, I'd love to see it. I mentioned this in another thread, and I don't usually repeat myself but, it'd be wicked if we get a DAM situation where Ghidorah comes back and it's just Godzilla/Kong (maybe Rodan and Mothra) taking on a reformed grotesque Ghidorah, Scylla, Behemoth, Methuselah, NuMuto, and maybe a few other new ones.
it would make up for the lack of Rodan teaming up with Goji and Mothra. And yeah one of my complaints about this film was it would have been nice to see King Kong team up with Godzilla against King Ghidorah. So if they go the Mecha-King Ghidorah route we might get that.

I kind of wish we saw Skullcrawlers or other Skull Island monster run amok in this film (granted one of the new monsters might be native to Skull Island and we won't be told till the next film).
I could see Godzilla have to go Burning in Godzilla vs Kong. Since maybe him and Kong get overwhelmed by all the kaiju and Rebirthed Ghidorah.

Kong could notice that his fur conducts electricity like a carpet, so he kinda absorbs Ghidorahs bolts, leading to both a pumped Fire Godzilla and a pumped Electric Kong just laying out the Titans left and right. Ghidorah flies off into space since he already knows he got his ass whooped last time.

(Maybe leading into Gigan and Ghidorah?)
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri May 31, 2019 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

I’m assuming Behemoth being a humanoid looking mammoth monster is reference to Behemoth’s interpretation in the Dictionnaire Infernal
Last edited by Tyrant28 on Fri May 31, 2019 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

_JNavs_ wrote: Ghidorah flies off into space since he already knows he got his ass whooped last time.

We already did Fire Godzilla.

Speaking of space, while the Atmospheric Reentry was a cool callback to Gamera: Guardian of the Universe, feel like that shot could have used a few extra seconds to show that yes, they actually went into space for a moment.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Living Corpse wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Ghidorah flies off into space since he already knows he got his ass whooped last time.

We already did Fire Godzilla.

Speaking of space, while the Atmospheric Reentry was a cool callback to Gamera: Guardian of the Universe, feel like that shot could have used a few extra seconds to show that yes, they actually went into space for a moment.
But now we know he can use it without dying so it could always return.

The shot could've used some upwards angles of space from Ghidorah's POV but it was still a cool scene.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Tyrant28 wrote:I’m assuming Behemoth being a humanoid looking mammoth monster is reference to Behemoth’s interpretation in the Dictionnaire Infernal
How do you have an image of me? :O

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

GoWhaleTours wrote:

Sayaka’s Scylla drawing looks just like the movie, minus a few details. I know I wouldn’t be able to perfectly recreated a monster with 30 seconds of screen times
You could if you worked on concept for this film, as Sayaka stated he did
Facts don't care about your feelings

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Ben Shapiro wrote:
GoWhaleTours wrote: Sayaka’s Scylla drawing looks just like the movie, minus a few details. I know I wouldn’t be able to perfectly recreated a monster with 30 seconds of screen times
He said he worked on promotion, not concepts.

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Ben Shapiro wrote:
GoWhaleTours wrote:

I thought we all established that he had some sort of connection with the film, whether it be through Toho, a screening, or promotional.
GO GO GOJI KUN

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Ah, ok. I didn't put much weight into these, but that mammoth monster stuck out, so I wasn't sure if maybe the artist saw something.

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

Do we have screenshots of the newspaper clips in the end credits?

Lonewolf36
Ronin

Post by Lonewolf36 »

Thought this might be helpful, The Novelization of the movie goes into more detail on several of the monsters not seen in the film with what seem like would be more extended scenes with them and some of the ones not seen in the film. Ok here is some info from the novel on the Titans, their locations and the Monarch Outposts monitoring them.

Behemoth/Titanus Behemoth
Monarch Outpost 58

Ghidorah/Monster Zero/Titanus Ghidorah
Monarch Outpost 32

Godzilla/Titanus Gojira
Monarch Outpost 54

Kong/Titanus Kong
Monarch Outpost 33

Leafwings
Monarch Outpost 33

Leviathan
Monarch Outpost ??

Methuselah/Titanus Methuselah
Monarch Outpost 67

Mokele-Mbembe/Titanus Mokele-Mbembe
Monarch Outpost 75

Mothra/Titanus Mosura
Monarch Outpost 61

MUTO
Monarch Outpost ??

Rodan/Titanus Rodan
Monarch Outpost 56

Scylla/Titanus Scylla
Monarch Outpost 55

Typhon
Monarch Outpost ??

Undesignated Titan
Classified Monarch Outpost
Note: Refered to as "Kraken" by Monarch personel

Unrevealed Titan (presumbaly Abaddon, from sources outside the novel)
Monarch Outpost ??

Unrevealed Titan
Monarch Outpost ??

Margygr
Note: Found in the Arctic after being killed by an unknown Titan

Jinshin-Mushi

MUTOs

2 Shinomura are mention being killed by Godzilla

Germany, Thailand and Wyoming all have Monarch Outpost presumably with Titans of there on.

Name apparently seen on screen during movie?

Abaddon
Monarch Outpost ???

Baphomet/Titanus Baphomet
Monarch Outpost ???

Bunyip
Monarch Outpost ???

Quetzalcoatl
Monarch Outpost ???

Sargon
Monarch Outpost ???

Tiamat
Monarch Outpost ??

Yamata no Orochi
Monarch Outpost ??
Last edited by Lonewolf36 on Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Lonewolf36 wrote:Thought this might be helpful, The Novelization of the movie goes into more detail on several of the monsters not seen in the film with what seem like would be more extended scenes with them and some of the ones not seen in the film. Ok here is some info from the novel on the Titans, their locations and the Monarch Outposts monitoring them.

Behemoth/Titanus Behemoth
Monarch Outpost 58

Ghidorah/Monster Zero/Titanus Ghidorah
Monarch Outpost 32

Godzilla/Titanus Gojira
Monarch Outpost ??

Kong/Titanus Kong
Monarch Outpost 33

Leafwings
Monarch Outpost 33

Leviathan
Monarch Outpost ??

Methuselah/Titanus Methuselah
Monarch Outpost 67

Mokele-Mbembe/Titanus Mokele-Mbembe
Monarch Outpost 75

Mothra/Titanus Mosura
Monarch Outpost 61

MUTO
Monarch Outpost ??

Rodan/Titanus Rodan
Monarch Outpost 56

Scylla/Titanus Scylla
Monarch Outpost 55

Typhon
Monarch Outpost ??

Undesignated Titan
Classified Monarch Outpost
Note: Refered to as "Kraken" by Monarch personel

Unrevealed Titan (presumbaly Abaddon, from sources outside the novel)
Monarch Outpost ??

Unrevealed Titan
Monarch Outpost ??

Margygr
Note: Found in the Arctic after being killed by an unknown Titan

Jinshin-Mushi

MUTOs

2 Shinomura are mention being killed by Godzilla

Germany, Thailand and Wyoming all have Monarch Outpost presumably with Titans of there on.

The ones not covered in the Novel

Abaddon
Monarch Outpost ???
Note: May have been seen on screen that Mark Russell was scanning through?

Baphomet
Monarch Outpost ???

Bunyip
Monarch Outpost ???

Sargon
Monarch Outpost ???

Tiamat
Monarch Outpost ??
There's a Titanus Tiamat!?

Lonewolf36
Ronin

Post by Lonewolf36 »

I have seen it on several other post but i can confirm that one myself. i remember seeing Abaddon and Sargon names on computer screens. But someone else will have to confirm Baphomet, Bunyip and Tiamat.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Lonewolf36 wrote:I have seen it on several other post but i can confirm that one myself. i remember seeing Abaddon and Sargon names on computer screens. But someone else will have to confirm Baphomet, Bunyip and Tiamat.
Do we know what they look like yet?

Lonewolf36
Ronin

Post by Lonewolf36 »

The novel gives descriptions of some such as Mokele-Mbembe, the Undesignated Titan called "Kraken" and Margygr but that is about it on the ones we don't know what they look like.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I saw Yamata no Orochi's name on one of the screens.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos