The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Post by Gigantis »

Monarch probably thought that counting Methuselah's back didn't make any sense and only counted the main parts of his body when they measured him. They didn't measure Godzilla's dorsal plates when they tried to find his height, why would they do that now?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

tyrantgoji wrote:Monarch probably thought that counting Methuselah's back didn't make any sense and only counted the main parts of his body when they measured him. They didn't measure Godzilla's dorsal plates when they tried to find his height, why would they do that now?
I’m assuming they measured Godzilla’s height when he standing fully upright, which he’s shown capable of doing such as with Hawaii or Antarctica entrances.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

I like how some of the fan comments state "fact" only for Dougherty to say "nah", its pretty great.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

tyrantgoji wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Dougherty just stated on Twitter Sketmet is a lion titan.
Aw sweet! Wonder what she looks like. I remember before the film came out someone said there was a "Lion Titan with golden fur and ox horns".
Hybrid Network's Titan videos are clickbait trash and no-one should state them as fact.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Dougherty just stated on Twitter Sketmet is a lion titan.
Aw sweet! Wonder what she looks like. I remember before the film came out someone said there was a "Lion Titan with golden fur and ox horns".
Hybrid Network's Titan videos are clickbait trash and no-one should state them as fact.
Oh that's where it came from? Yeah that ain't accurate.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Minor complaint here, really nothing big. Not even a complaint really, just something that popped in my head. But does anyone else kind of wish that Dougherty and the crew tweaked the names a little more, to make them a little more unique?

Toho has traditionally named their monsters by spinning and twisting around their influences: Gojira (Gorira + Kujira), Ghidorah (taken from Hydra), Rodan (taken from Pteranodon and possible radon), Mothra (mosu = moth). So I was thinking that I might have actually preferred these titans names derivatives of the monsters that they're actually named after. Like instead of calling him Behemoth, they call him Behedon or something, mixing Behemoth and Mastadon. Just a thought. Like I said, it's nothing to lose sleep over, it just popped in my head.
Last edited by KingKaiju on Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

tyrantgoji wrote:Monarch probably thought that counting Methuselah's back didn't make any sense and only counted the main parts of his body when they measured him. They didn't measure Godzilla's dorsal plates when they tried to find his height, why would they do that now?
Plus with some of these monsters, it can be hard to tell what is actually part of their body and what's just stuff that accumulated on their body over centuries of sleeping.
KingKaiju wrote:Minor complaint here, really nothing big. Not even a complaint really, just something that popped in my head. But does anyone else kind of wish that Dougherty and the crew tweaked the names a little more, to make them a little more unique?

Toho has traditionally named their monsters by spinning and twisting around their influences: Gojira (Gorira + Kujira), Ghidorah (taken from Hydra), Rodan (taken from Pteranodon and possible radon), Mothra (mosu = moth). So I was thinking that I might have actually preferred these titans names derivatives of the monsters that they're actually named after. Like instead of calling him Behemoth, they call him Behedon or something, mixing Behemoth and Mastadon. Just a thought. Like I said, it's nothing to lose sleep over, it just popped in my head.
I do wish they did put more effort into the names but I'm bad at coming up with original names so who am I to judge?

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_qGtNlAZZf ... w19l00pj2f

Full reveal for Behemoth like with the Queen Muto before. We can expect ones for the other two eventually.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Nani
Interpol Agent

Post by Nani »

Tyrant28 wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/B_qGtNlAZZf ... w19l00pj2f

Full reveal for Behemoth like with the Queen Muto before. We can expect ones for the other two eventually.
That broken chain ideas sounded amazing

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Definitely nice to get a look at the render- still of the opinion that Behemoth has the best design out of all the original Titans. I just love the Pleistocene inspirations on him, feels like a fresh take on the "prehistoric hybrid monster" type. Looking forward to Methuselah's render, getting a clearer look at him would be especially great.

Also, the chains and cuffs concept sounds like it would have looked badass. I can definitely buy the idea that the more resourceful ancient civilizations in this universe would try to take some of the less dangerous Titans and turn them into gigantic warbeasts.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Fri May 01, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I'm gonna have to be honest with y'all, Methuselah's concept art looks way better than what we actually got.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gigantis wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
besttitandon'tatme
I thought this read "best tits and don't at me" and i was very horrifed. :lol:
I read
best tit and on 'tat me

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I fee this topic should be brought back since three new Titans have been introduced in Godzilla: Dominion.

Personally, Tiamat is my favorite of the newcomers. The fact she was designed by freaking dopepope makes her even better. Amhuluk is ok but a bit too similar to the Mimics from Edge of Tomorrow and Na Kika looks horrendous. I would’ve preferred her being a big squid like in the KotM novelization.