King of the Monsters Easter Eggs Thread [Spoilers]

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: King of the Monsters Easter Eggs Thread [Spoilers]

Post by BlankAccount »

Vakanai wrote: (speaking of Mothra, not a Godzilla reference, but how she used her webbing was very Spider-Man like.)

Glad I'm a 90's kid.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

MothraRocks wrote:•Mothra’s (Easter) egg being found in the credits.
Also, the article about the new Mothra egg was written by Steven Martin. (Now that I'm thinking about it, I should have checked to see if he was a reporter for United World News. It would be great if he was.)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

One reference I noticed that I don't think has been mentioned here yet:

When Rodan first appears one of the Monarch soldiers has to hang on to a column to avoid being swept away in the windstorm. I thought this was a pretty obvious reference to a similar moment in the 1956 Rodan which later turned up as stock footage in Monster Zero. Kaneko also referenced it in a scene in Gamera 2.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by Godzilla 1986 »

So there's an HD rip of the film floating around, I'm combing through the end credits for secrets (there's a lot if you slow it down and read the redacted sections, it tells a story that strongly sets up the next film) and found two things: a redacted section lists Easter Island as an area containing ancient Titan-worshipping ruins, a nod to Godzilla vs. Megalon; the article about the discovered Mothra egg was written by a "Steven Martin"; two other redacted sections mention "telepathic communication" with Titans, a nod to the Shobijin, and another specifically with Zhang Ziyi about some Titans being considered mystical deities.
Audience Member:"What are your thoughts on the Godzilla gijinkas?"
Michael Dougherty:"............I have no idea what that is. Next question."
(Yes, this actually happened)

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Godzilla 1986 wrote:So there's an HD rip of the film floating around, I'm combing through the end credits for secrets (there's a lot if you slow it down and read the redacted sections, it tells a story that strongly sets up the next film) and found two things: a redacted section lists Easter Island as an area containing ancient Titan-worshipping ruins, a nod to Godzilla vs. Megalon; the article about the discovered Mothra egg was written by a "Steven Martin"; two other redacted sections mention "telepathic communication" with Titans, a nod to the Shobijin, and another specifically with Zhang Ziyi about some Titans being considered mystical deities.
I was thinking the Telepathy was a nod to Miki Saesuga.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D