Who Are You Most Excited To See In King Of The Monsters?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Titan You're Most Interested In Seeing

Godzilla
8%
Mothra
10%
Rodan
19%
King Ghidorah
20%
Mysterious Other Titans
7%
EVERYONE
33%
Other
2%

Total votes: 99

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Re: Who Are You Most Excited To See In King Of The Monsters?

Post by GojiDog »

Rodan.

Because Rodan is my boy!

Seriously though, I'm excited to see all of them.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

All of them for reasons
Godzilla
After the minimum screentime and basically being sidelined in the story it will be great to see Godzilla's personality expanded beyond what we got from G14 and what his relationship with humans and the other monsters are.
Rodan
Rodan is a badass and needs to be treated as one of the few Titans that can rival Godzilla. With hurricane force generated just by him flying overhead he can cause some of the worst disaster to plague human history also airborne kaiju fights are always welcome.
Mothra
Is was skeptical about Mothra at first but they seem to have stayed true to her without compromising the grounded tone. Love how she seems the be a major playing buth what in love most is how they uped Mothra's fighting abilities this will probably be the best fighting and threatening Mothra yet.
King Ghidorah
King Ghidorah absolutely steals the show for me because I really like how they fleshed out him backstory and making him a genuine arch enemy for Godzilla. They fact that they invested in giving him personalities shows that this isn't going to be your boing villain that just show up to fight the hero but his presence is relevant to the plot hopefully the best villain in the Monsterverse and certainly the most threatening because this is the creature the Kong Skull Island's Bill Randa would be afraid of and these events can change the relationship between man and monster forever. I love KG but I always thought he was physically lacking but now they than really portray him as the physical fighting beast that he deserves.
New Titans
I'm always up for monsters as long the are creative and different from each other coming from different class of animals.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Mothra is the one Kaiju I am not sure about. I give Legendary props for redesigning her to be more combat-ready, but just a few aspects about this new incarnation of the irk me quite a bit. I am not to keen on the idea of giving her a stinger since real-life moths do not possess such a trait. If I were to handle her, I’d give her a proboscis as since that is what real moths have and maybe that act as one. I am also a bit dissapointed that they flunked on basic insect anatomy since one pair of her legs protrude from her abdomen instead of thorax.

In the end, all I ask is that you don’t take my criticisms to personally.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

LegendZilla wrote:Mothra is the one Kaiju I am not sure about. I give Legendary props for redesigning her to be more combat-ready, but just a few aspects about this new incarnation of the irk me quite a bit. I am not to keen on the idea of giving her a stinger since real-life moths do not possess such a trait. If I were to handle her, I’d give her a proboscis as since that is what real moths have and maybe that act as one. I am also a bit dissapointed that they flunked on basic insect anatomy since one pair of her legs protrude from her abdomen instead of thorax.

Not to mention her womanly legs...

I chose Ghidorah because he's the only one of the three I'm not apprehensive about. With Mothra, they screwed up the design, but seem to have got the character right. With Rodan, they nailed the design, but completely fucked up the character. Ghidorah at least seems to both look AND act like his proper self.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

I still think "EVERYONE" is a cheat vote...

:P
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

I like all the designs...a lot.

King Ghidorah and Rodan came out looking about as close to perfect as I could imagine.

Mothra is the only one that seemed to get any negative feedback, but after seeing her in action in the trailer, I'm sold.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Mothra is the one Kaiju I am not sure about. I give Legendary props for redesigning her to be more combat-ready, but just a few aspects about this new incarnation of the irk me quite a bit. I am not to keen on the idea of giving her a stinger since real-life moths do not possess such a trait. If I were to handle her, I’d give her a proboscis as since that is what real moths have and maybe that act as one. I am also a bit dissapointed that they flunked on basic insect anatomy since one pair of her legs protrude from her abdomen instead of thorax.

I chose Ghidorah because he's the only one of the three I'm not apprehensive about. With Mothra, they screwed up the design, but seem to have got the character right. With Rodan, they nailed the design, but completely skreeonked up the character. Ghidorah at least seems to both look AND act like his proper self.
You are still worked up over the whole wyvern thing aren’t you?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:

I chose Ghidorah because he's the only one of the three I'm not apprehensive about. With Mothra, they screwed up the design, but seem to have got the character right. With Rodan, they nailed the design, but completely skreeonked up the character. Ghidorah at least seems to both look AND act like his proper self.
Rodan is exactly what and who he was made to be though?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

The funny thing is that if the leaks are true, then Rodan's character is 100% consistent with how he was portrayed in his debut movie and the first two Godzilla films he appeared in: an aggresive and heavily destructive flying monster with a slightly jerkish attitude, who only teams up with other monsters when it benefits him.
After that, he only appeared for a few seconds in DAM where he was pretty much useless, and his other two appearances were just him being a punching bag. If anything, i'm glad he's getting a major role again like he dreserves.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

LegendZilla wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:

No? I just said Mothra's design was bad. Rodan and Ghidorah's designs both look fine.

And if the leaks are true – KotM spoilers incoming, please do not click if you don't want to know –
Spoiler:
Rodan is an evil monster that teams up with alien invaders like Ghidorah out of cowardice and becomes his bitch at every turn. They turned Godzilla's first major ally into little more than Starscream. What in the fuck was Michael Doughtry thinking?
Last edited by Spuro on Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
And if the leaks are true – KotM spoilers incoming, please do not click if you don't want to know –
Spoiler:
Rodan is an evil monster that teams up with alien invaders like Ghidorah out of cowardice and becomes his skreeonk at every turn. They turned Godzilla's first major ally into little more than Starscream. What in the skreeonk was Michael Doughtry thinking?
Spoiler:
Oooh man, this actually hurts.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:

No? I just said Mothra's design was bad. Rodan and Ghidorah's designs both look fine.

Spoiler:
Rodan is an evil monster that teams up with alien invaders like Ghidorah out of cowardice and becomes his skreeonk at every turn. They turned Godzilla's first major ally into little more than Starscream. What in the skreeonk was Michael Doughtry thinking?
Define "ally" lol. He only decided to join Godzilla after Mothra barely convinced his scaly ass that saving the world is more important than fighting him.

I definitely don't disagree with you that it's perhaps not what most people were expecting, and-
Spoiler:
I admit that I myself hoped that he would join sides with Godzilla against Ghidorah, atleast in the final fight.
All I am saying is that his character was always pretty basic, and that his seeming portrayal in KOTM doesn't go against it. If anything, he sounds like a remastered 56 Rodan- which is pretty cool imo.

But eh, doesn't matter really. Opinions are opinions in the end of the day.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Dv-218 wrote:
Spoiler:
Define "ally" lol. He only decided to join Godzilla after Mothra barely convinced his scaly ass that saving the world is more important than fighting him.
(Tagging this quote because the discussion might hint what we're talking about to those who haven't seen the leaks)
Spoiler:
Mothra also barely managed to convince Godzilla to fight Ghidorah in that movie. If that's the case, why isn't Godzilla rolling over and acting like Ghidorah's bitch in KotM? What exactly differentiates him between Rodan in this regard?

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:
Spoiler:
(Tagging this quote because the discussion might hint what we're talking about to those who haven't seen the leaks)
Spoiler:
Mothra also barely managed to convince Godzilla to fight Ghidorah in that movie. If that's the case, why isn't Godzilla rolling over and acting like Ghidorah's skreeonk in KotM? What exactly differentiates him between Rodan in this regard?
Perhaps it's because Godzilla is the main kaiju character, and he's established more than Rodan?
Dunno, but from what I saw in the movie Rodan acted the more A-holy of the two. He did drop Godzilla on that electric tower, and on a very specific place for that matter :lol:

And tbh-
Spoiler:
It's just my opinion really, but tbh Rodan in the leaks doesn't read like Ghidorah's bitch or anything like that. He seems more like a self observed animal that follows whoever he thinks he will gain more benefit from- which, imo, feels in line with his animalistic nature in 1956. Besides, he does join Godzilla in the end: so who knows, we might get that teamup later on after all :)

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Could Godzilla vs Kong be Destroy all Monsters in disguise?? Didn't Jordan Vogt Roberts say his film would have a ton of monsters in it? From what rumor murmurs I've heard it's definitely a possibility
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I don't know all of the spoilers, and will not read the rest.

But based off what I've heard and the trailers, I would say the leaks are false in regards to Rodan.
Spoiler:
You can see him following Mothra into battle around 1:47 in the trailer in the background. Unless that's Godzilla "falling to Earth" again. :roll:

Wouldn't be surprised. There's a lot that doesn't line up like the fact Godzilla is supposed to mutate into his current form after the nuke but it's clearly the 2019 design in Antarctica.
Again, I don't know all the leaks and avoided the spoilers tagged here, so sorry if I said something that was already mentioned or disproved.

RIP Evan.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Spoiler:
Mothra also barely managed to convince Godzilla to fight Ghidorah in that movie. If that's the case, why isn't Godzilla rolling over and acting like Ghidorah's bitch in KotM? What exactly differentiates him between Rodan in this regard?
Because
Spoiler:
Godzilla's an alpha predator and Rodan's a bottom bitch, clearly. :lol:
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Oooh man, this actually hurts.
Spoiler:
He doesn’t just roll over and become Ghidorah’s bitch; he puts up a spirited fight first, gets his ass kicked, and then pledges fealty to Ghidorah. After Ghidorah gets trashed and Rodan gets his own ass kicked again in Boston (again, not without putting up a fight first), he is the first to “accept” Godzilla as the new “king.”
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I don't know all of the spoilers, and will not read the rest.

But based off what I've heard and the trailers, I would say the leaks are false in regards to Rodan.
Spoiler:
You can see him following Mothra into battle around 1:47 in the trailer in the background. Unless that's Godzilla "falling to Earth" again. :roll:

Wouldn't be surprised. There's a lot that doesn't line up like the fact Godzilla is supposed to mutate into his current form after the nuke but it's clearly the 2019 design in Antarctica.
Again, I don't know all the leaks and avoided the spoilers tagged here, so sorry if I said something that was already mentioned or disproved.
Firstly props for noticing Rodan in that scene - I had thought it was just a flash of lightning at first but yeah, that’s him behind Mothra at the 1:47 mark
Spoiler:
He’s not following Mothra into battle, though; he’s intercepting her. If the leaks are true, during the final battle Rodan and Mothra fight while Godzilla and Ghidorah fight.

I don’t actually recall any of the leakers saying Godzilla mutated into his current form; I think that was largely a fan theory that took off after people saw his design had been changed
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I chose other because......I want to see humanity die.

Huan_of_Valinor
G-Force Personnel

Post by Huan_of_Valinor »

I would say that "EVERYONE" is a cheat vote, but it's too accurate to be rated as such. I'm pretty fucking excited for every creature in this film, even the question mark new monsters :D

I mean I'm even excited for Mothra, for the first time I can really remember being so in my adult life. If you had told me 10 years ago that there'd be a Godzilla film released while I was in my 30's where I would be pumped to see Mothra I'd probably have disagreed with you.

The big 4 have never looked so good.
Last edited by Huan_of_Valinor on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gojirawars 03 wrote: The Giant Condor is a blessing upon this Earth, however. He's easily the most important and most powerful kaiju in the franchise. so powerful that Godzilla is helpless against his power, and pleads for mercy, which the gracious Condor grants him. I mean, even the editor wasn't able to show a single shot of the Condor onscreen for more than half a second, because no-one can handle that much sheer power for more than a second.