Titan Design Thread - Unknown New Kaiju

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Titan Design Thread - Unknown New Kaiju

Post by BlankAccount »

LegendaryMonster wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
LegendaryMonster wrote:I wonder if it will just be these 2 new monsters from the trailer or if there’s more to come I already thought it was packed with Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, and that other guy lol
His name is King Ghidorah.
Haha yeah I know that was a joke, just cause obviously he’s the most anticipated monster for most users here it seems
I honestly won't be surprised if GA get the monsters names mixed up, saying Rodan is the big bad. :roll:

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Calling it now new monsters are Gabara and Jet Jaguar, I'll bet my life on it, you heard it here first folks.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Calling it now new monsters are Gabara and Jet Jaguar, I'll bet my life on it, you heard it here first folks.
I’m waiting for the YouTube video titled “NEW MONSTERVERSE TITANS REVEALED”, with a thumbnail that has the two snap shots of the two frames with big bold yellow letters saying,”JET JAGUAR???” And “GABARA?” With some big arrows pointing at the two images.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:Calling it now new monsters are Gabara and Jet Jaguar, I'll bet my life on it, you heard it here first folks.
I’m waiting for the YouTube video titled “NEW MONSTERVERSE TITANS REVEALED”, with a thumbnail that has the two snap shots of the two frames with big bold yellow letters saying,”JET JAGUAR???” And “GABARA?” With some big arrows pointing at the two images.
What's sad is there's some YT channels who would genuinely do that...

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

GODZILLA2877 wrote:
GojiDog wrote:First of all, I am totally cool with new monsters. I say all the time, expanding the monster family is always welcome.

One of my issues with the more modern films (lets say GMK onward) is that there seems to be an over reliance towards bringing the big names back and not focusing as much on creating new monsters. I know not everyone liked them, but jeez, I went nuts for the MUTOs. They were well executed and hey, NEW MONSTERS! Gareth Edwards added to the mythos rather than recycling it. Thanks for that!

BUT, if we do get some familiar faces in cameo roles...and one of them is Anguiras...I might explode right there in the theater in a fit of joy, lol.
The last new monster that I really liked was Monster X. I'm going to guess that the two new monsters in the trailer are probably a centipede and a turtle similar to Kamoebas.
I'd be down for that. And YES, I found more people who love the MUTOs! Yay for self-affirmation supporting new kaiju!
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Honestly I would prefer more original kaiju than getting more Toho kaiju. The franchise honestly need another large ambulance of new kaiju considering past the Showa era, there is only 4 new kaiju in the Heisei and only 3 in the Millennium.

And I thought both the Mutos and Skullcrawlers have great designs. The Mutos truly are the “UFO” of kaiju, their design have a mix of arthropod, reptilian and even mammalian. Plus the Male Muto resemblances to a stealth bomber is pretty clever.
The Skullcrawlers fit in with that whole “forest spirts/gods” Princess Mononoke like theme Vogt had for the inhabitants of Skull Island. They look like how evil spirit are portray in Eastern media, white faces with dark bodies. Even them being legless make them look like they have a “ghost tail”.

So I’m excited to see what Dougherty comes up with the design considering I love the creature designs in Krampus. The arachnid like kaiju and the “living mountain” already have my attention.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I'm actually of the opposite. I'd prefer to see Toho kaiju here in the MonsterVerse and then have Toho's new cinematic universe come up with some new ones. I feel like Toho's getting to comfortable with their big names, I'd like to see a new Orga or Destoroyah-type character from them.

Apgigan
Monsterland Worker

Post by Apgigan »

Is anyone gonna talk about

It doesn’t look like any of the main four...

ebirah_scampi
Interpol Agent

Post by ebirah_scampi »

Apgigan wrote:Is anyone gonna talk about

It doesn’t look like any of the main four...

I figured that was a Ghidorah's head coming up from the bottom of the screen with it's mouth open.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Yeah pretty sure that's a Ghidorah head.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Yeah that's def Ghidorah's head. Few seconds before the screenshot you can see an outline of the head itself, and it looks pretty much exactly like what we saw of Ghidorah so far.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

jrock
GPN Volunteer

Post by jrock »

Maritonic wrote:Yeah pretty sure that's a Ghidorah head.
There are no teeth though so it could be something else still...
Last edited by jrock on Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

jrock wrote:
Maritonic wrote:Yeah pretty sure that's a Ghidorah head.
There are no teeth though so it could be something else still...
Hence why I didn't say "no way bruh that iS DEFINITELY GHIDORAHS HEAD". I said I'm pretty sure. So, yes, it could still be something else.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

UltramanGoji wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:I'm still having a problem seeing it, sorry. You're probably right though

Since I can't make it out myself, could you maybe describe what the mouth shape looks like? Does this thing sport a scorpion/spider-like mouth, are is this creature something else all together cause I really hope it's not just a big ass scorpion.
Sorry, my crops were pretty shit, haven't gotten used to Gyazo's GIF feature yet.

I tried outlining the mouth in Photoshop:

In the trailer it moves in kind of a curve, almost like the head part is sitting up. The mouth looks sort of circular, definitely not like that of a normal scorpion. Almost reminds me of the Meganulon from Megaguirus.

In case the outline doesn't help, I also drew what I think I'm seeing (obviously not what the creature will look like):
https://i.imgur.com/DUMWzp5.jpg

Sorry if these aren't much help.
Well if you look at the poster for The Black Scorpion...
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

UltramanGoji wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:I'm still having a problem seeing it, sorry. You're probably right though

Since I can't make it out myself, could you maybe describe what the mouth shape looks like? Does this thing sport a scorpion/spider-like mouth, are is this creature something else all together cause I really hope it's not just a big ass scorpion.
Sorry, my crops were pretty shit, haven't gotten used to Gyazo's GIF feature yet.

I tried outlining the mouth in Photoshop:

In the trailer it moves in kind of a curve, almost like the head part is sitting up. The mouth looks sort of circular, definitely not like that of a normal scorpion. Almost reminds me of the Meganulon from Megaguirus.

In case the outline doesn't help, I also drew what I think I'm seeing (obviously not what the creature will look like):
https://i.imgur.com/DUMWzp5.jpg

Sorry if these aren't much help.
You art skills are impeccable. :lol:
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

So if I'm getting this right, Scorpion, one of Spider-Man's famous bad guys is gonna be in this one?
And now mountains can sprout legs and can walk?

This is gonna be a hellava moving picture.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

I do not think there's a snowball's chance in hell it's a Toho kaiju. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see Legendary spending a crap ton of money on the rights for Kaiju who only appear briefly or in cameos.
Dedicated To Darkness..

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:So if I'm getting this right, Scorpion, one of Spider-Man's famous bad guys is gonna be in this one?
And now mountains can sprout legs and can walk?

This is gonna be a hellava moving picture.
Well Mac Gargan did appear in Homecoming so it only makes sense that he would become the Scorpion eventually. Pretty odd that they chose to do it in a Godzilla movie and not a Spider-Man movie, but hey, the Lord works in mysterious ways.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

scottzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by scottzilla »

Kaeyas wrote:I do not think there's a snowball's chance in hell it's a Toho kaiju. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see Legendary spending a crap ton of money on the rights for Kaiju who only appear briefly or in cameos.
You are dead right, but a lot of fans around here absolutely refuse to believe that Legendary would create their own monsters in favor of dropping millions of dollars for 15 seconds of screen time, while (probably) producing no toys, apparel, or any source of income on that monster. They are a loss leader.
Last edited by scottzilla on Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

scottzilla wrote:
Kaeyas wrote:I do not think there's a snowball's chance in hell it's a Toho kaiju. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see Legendary spending a crap ton of money on the rights for Kaiju who only appear briefly or in cameos.
You are dead right, but a lot of fans around here absolutely refuse to believe that Legendary would create their own monsters in favor of dropping millions of dollars for 15 seconds of screen time, while (probably) producing no toys, apparel, or any source of income on that monster. They are a loss leader.
Although I’m also leaning towards original monsters, there’s a chance Legendary would have paid for Toho monsters if they are intended to carry over into GvK.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.