Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
KingKong2005
G-Grasper

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby KingKong2005 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:47 pm

miguelnuva wrote:It now hurts to read about Kingkong05 talking about false advertising.

As Godzilla fans I think we should all be positive till proven wrong.

?

I've said my piece, I don't like being pessimistic anyways. Hope we get a really cool battle, Kong with an axe is awesome to me!
Image Image Image Image Image Image

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:47 pm

KingKong2005 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:It now hurts to read about Kingkong05 talking about false advertising.

As Godzilla fans I think we should all be positive till proven wrong.

?

I've said my piece, I don't like being pessimistic anyways. Hope we get a really cool battle, Kong with an axe is awesome to me!

Your incorrect use of False advertisement after I explained why it is wrong is what hurts me to continue reading. I'm not going to tell you how to feel about the film that is your choice but when facts are being brought up it stands better for everyone to correct that.
You can put it on my Tombstone Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

Shadowfyre
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Shadowfyre » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:37 am

Do y'all have any idea how hard it is to enjoy these forms when half of you are pessimistic little b****** it and all if you want to just fight and argue all the time , just shut the f****** already if you have a problem with somebody. I already sent two people to these forms, they creeped for two days and both said nobody on here sounded like an actual Godzilla fan

tyrantgoji
EDF Soldier

Postby tyrantgoji » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:13 am

Shadowfyre wrote:Do y'all have any idea how hard it is to enjoy these forms when half of you are pessimistic little b****** it and all if you want to just fight and argue all the time , just shut the f****** already if you have a problem with somebody. I already sent two people to these forms, they creeped for two days and both said nobody on here sounded like an actual Godzilla fan

Honestly anyone who decides to bring people here should just tell them to go everywhere else but the MonsterVerse part of it. It'll save them tons of headaches.
Last edited by tyrantgoji on Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

kaanozozan
Ronin

Postby kaanozozan » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:11 am

Guys,
What if GvK images appear in the Godzilla clip of Eminem? Think about it, there is no better ad campaign than this. I know the content of the song is not about Godzilla, but there is an incredible hype for this song right now.I hope they turn this into a marketing opportunity. It is useful to remind Godzilla to the general audience.

By the way I am neither Eminem listener nor a rap listener, but we need Monsterverse to use everything to survive.

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Postby GoWhaleTours » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:15 am

tyrantgoji wrote:
Shadowfyre wrote:Do y'all have any idea how hard it is to enjoy these forms when half of you are pessimistic little b****** it and all if you want to just fight and argue all the time , just shut the f****** already if you have a problem with somebody. I already sent two people to these forms, they creeped for two days and both said nobody on here sounded like an actual Godzilla fan

Honestly anyone who decides to bring people here should just tell them to go everywhere else but the MonsterVerse part of it. It'll save them tons of headaches.

A big majority of new fans are mainly Monsterverse fans though
@mushroomzeroart

tyrantgoji
EDF Soldier

Postby tyrantgoji » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:29 am

kaanozozan wrote:Guys,
What if GvK images appear in the Godzilla clip of Eminem? Think about it, there is no better ad campaign than this. I know the content of the song is not about Godzilla, but there is an incredible hype for this song right now.I hope they turn this into a marketing opportunity. It is useful to remind Godzilla to the general audience.

By the way I am neither Eminem listener nor a rap listener, but we need Monsterverse to use everything to survive.

Good strategy yes, but i'm still gonna cringe at it if it happens. :lol:

Rodan95
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Rodan95 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:42 am

Is Kong the "Vanilla Gorilla"? :lol: Slim Shady is Team Godzilla yo 8-)

gigaraptor99
Ronin

Postby gigaraptor99 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:59 am

The clip is out and Godzilla doesn't appear.
“Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.”

''Mankind is poised midway between the gods and the beasts, that may have been true in Plotinus time, but clearly we've fallen quite a way since then."

kaanozozan
Ronin

Postby kaanozozan » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:23 am

gigaraptor99 wrote:

The clip is out and Godzilla doesn't appear.

it isn't the offical one.

JGAR
EDF Soldier

Postby JGAR » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:40 am

If the song is getting a music video, it should be within a month or two. Still think it would be early to reveal images and clips from the movie (we won’t get those until April or May at the earliest), so if anything they can use stock footage from Toho Godzilla movies but I doubt that will be all the music video will show.
Yooo 8-)

PopInPicsPresents
Kwaidan

Postby PopInPicsPresents » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:03 am

If you think Godzilla should be in the music video you probably haven't heard the song lol
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.

Mama Birdon is bae

Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

gridiron_kaiju
Yin-Yang Master

Postby gridiron_kaiju » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:31 am

The toy groups on Facebook are no better. I would never sh*t talk this franchise the way some do.

It’s usually the same kind of people...the older fans who hate everything new OR the fans who like to think they are “film critics”

KingKong2005
G-Grasper

Postby KingKong2005 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:00 pm

God I agree, I'm sorry for making everyone feel bad and me being pessimistic! It isn't the norm, once again sorry to everyone!
Image Image Image Image Image Image

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:28 pm

gridiron_kaiju wrote:

The toy groups on Facebook are no better. I would never sh*t talk this franchise the way some do.

It’s usually the same kind of people...the older fans who hate everything new OR the fans who like to think they are “film critics”

The worst is the kind who are both
"Next time it'll be flawless."

Shin Gabara
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Shin Gabara » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:04 pm

Rewatched KotM the other day and now I'm bummed we won't be getting any more Bradley Whitford.
. . .

jobin947
Ronin

Postby jobin947 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:26 pm

Shin Gabara wrote:Rewatched KotM the other day and now I'm bummed we won't be getting any more Bradley Whitford.

I rewatched it yesterday, I almost forgot how bad of a movie it was. Couple cool scenes, but that's it. Once Godzilla went full on nuclear, it just tanked. And with Mothra's ghost and chirp when he did the blast, that was so wacky....

The military research was terrible too. V22 aircraft flying as fas as jets...those same aircraft flying all over the globe in hours....impossible.

Jets flying so close to Rodan so they can all get obliterated...what a bunch of idiots.."hey guys lets fly really close to this giant bird."

The V22 crash landing after catching up to the Argo (V22's cannot fly that fast, not even close) and then crash landing in the hanger...they could have killed everyone on board and blew up the Argo.....idiots..

BurningCoolMan
Yin-Yang Master

Postby BurningCoolMan » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:52 pm

jobin947 wrote:
Shin Gabara wrote:Rewatched KotM the other day and now I'm bummed we won't be getting any more Bradley Whitford.

I rewatched it yesterday, I almost forgot how bad of a movie it was. Couple cool scenes, but that's it. Once Godzilla went full on nuclear, it just tanked. And with Mothra's ghost and chirp when he did the blast, that was so wacky....

The military research was terrible too. V22 aircraft flying as fas as jets...those same aircraft flying all over the globe in hours....impossible.

Jets flying so close to Rodan so they can all get obliterated...what a bunch of idiots.."hey guys lets fly really close to this giant bird."

The V22 crash landing after catching up to the Argo (V22's cannot fly that fast, not even close) and then crash landing in the hanger...they could have killed everyone on board and blew up the Argo.....idiots..

we don't care if the military's plan is flawed we just want to see the kaiju skreeonk them up

gridiron_kaiju
Yin-Yang Master

Postby gridiron_kaiju » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:03 pm

jobin947 wrote:

So I’m just going to ask...you know posting something like this is going to upset people and cause a fight...so why do it? Do you really have nothing else to do?

2009MECHAGODZILLA
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby 2009MECHAGODZILLA » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:03 pm

BurningCoolMan wrote:we don't care if the military's plan is flawed we just want to see the kaiju skreeonk them up

Speak for yourself.
Last edited by 2009MECHAGODZILLA on Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26739

Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”