Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10164
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Living Corpse » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:55 pm

I think the head is just setting up for something post Godzilla vs Kong.
Image

User avatar
Hokmuto
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2123
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Hokmuto » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:22 am

Gojira2K wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:It would make much more sense if MechaG is not in Godzilla vs Kong and is rather a tease to a potential Godzilla 3 or something. They clearly emphasized the Ghidorah head in the end credits, so it's almost like it's forcefully supposed to have a part in the GvK.

The newspaper clippings are fast and quick and therefore shouldn't be paid too much attention to unless you really analyze it by recording it, reading fast etc. So if the newspaper clippings is for post-2020 and there never is a Monsterverse past 2020, then the blow isn't really all to big compared the utter embarrassment they would have if the end credits stinger never comes to fruition. It just doesn't make sense if the end credits is for the up-in-the-air, not greenlit Godzilla 3, but the quick newspaper clippings (apart from Titans going to Skull Island) is for GvK.

Unless literally MechaG AND the Ghidorah hybrid are in GvK which I wouldn't like at all; too convoluted unless it's executed amazingly. I don't know; just thinking out loud.

Yeah, I do think that Ghidorah will have some role in GvK. I'd love him to come back fully regenrated, because I would love to see Kong fight him. I think that could be interesting to see. Maybe we could get him in the daytime and really show off his gold color scheme.

If they do this though, I really hope it is not spoiled in trailers or anything like that. I'd love for it to be a complete surprise for me when I watch it in theaters.

But then we have the hybrid Ghidorah or whatever and then Mechagodzilla. For me, it has to only be one or the other.
Long Live The King

Online
User avatar
Gojira2K
Futurian
Posts: 1507
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Gojira2K » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:37 am

Hokmuto wrote:
Gojira2K wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:It would make much more sense if MechaG is not in Godzilla vs Kong and is rather a tease to a potential Godzilla 3 or something. They clearly emphasized the Ghidorah head in the end credits, so it's almost like it's forcefully supposed to have a part in the GvK.

The newspaper clippings are fast and quick and therefore shouldn't be paid too much attention to unless you really analyze it by recording it, reading fast etc. So if the newspaper clippings is for post-2020 and there never is a Monsterverse past 2020, then the blow isn't really all to big compared the utter embarrassment they would have if the end credits stinger never comes to fruition. It just doesn't make sense if the end credits is for the up-in-the-air, not greenlit Godzilla 3, but the quick newspaper clippings (apart from Titans going to Skull Island) is for GvK.

Unless literally MechaG AND the Ghidorah hybrid are in GvK which I wouldn't like at all; too convoluted unless it's executed amazingly. I don't know; just thinking out loud.

Yeah, I do think that Ghidorah will have some role in GvK. I'd love him to come back fully regenrated, because I would love to see Kong fight him. I think that could be interesting to see. Maybe we could get him in the daytime and really show off his gold color scheme.

If they do this though, I really hope it is not spoiled in trailers or anything like that. I'd love for it to be a complete surprise for me when I watch it in theaters.

But then we have the hybrid Ghidorah or whatever and then Mechagodzilla. For me, it has to only be one or the other.

I personally believe the theory that, if you give the Ghidorah head enough electricity, it could potentially completely regenerate itself.

But, I also think it depends on how Warner/Legendary view this movie. If they view GvK as the final entry in the Monstervers, meaning they won't try and re-up the deal with Toho, I coud see them pulling all the stops and doing both. However if they don't view GvK as the finale to the Monsterverse, and will try to re-up the deal with Toho (whether they succeed or not is a different thing entirely), then most likely they will only do one or the other.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?


Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there

TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:

Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*

*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

User avatar
miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11797
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby miguelnuva » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:21 am

Godzilla to protect the world is forcing the Titans onto skull island. Kong to protect his island wants them off and thus needs to beat Godzilla.

Hero vs Hero plot.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

Darktiger1991
Ronin
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 10:40 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Darktiger1991 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:14 am

Anyone have informations on the footage who have been show at CineEurope?
Last edited by Darktiger1991 on Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 844
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:51 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby vibramrunner » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:50 am

Hokmuto wrote:
Gojira2K wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:It would make much more sense if MechaG is not in Godzilla vs Kong and is rather a tease to a potential Godzilla 3 or something. They clearly emphasized the Ghidorah head in the end credits, so it's almost like it's forcefully supposed to have a part in the GvK.

The newspaper clippings are fast and quick and therefore shouldn't be paid too much attention to unless you really analyze it by recording it, reading fast etc. So if the newspaper clippings is for post-2020 and there never is a Monsterverse past 2020, then the blow isn't really all to big compared the utter embarrassment they would have if the end credits stinger never comes to fruition. It just doesn't make sense if the end credits is for the up-in-the-air, not greenlit Godzilla 3, but the quick newspaper clippings (apart from Titans going to Skull Island) is for GvK.

Unless literally MechaG AND the Ghidorah hybrid are in GvK which I wouldn't like at all; too convoluted unless it's executed amazingly. I don't know; just thinking out loud.

Yeah, I do think that Ghidorah will have some role in GvK. I'd love him to come back fully regenrated, because I would love to see Kong fight him. I think that could be interesting to see. Maybe we could get him in the daytime and really show off his gold color scheme.

If they do this though, I really hope it is not spoiled in trailers or anything like that. I'd love for it to be a complete surprise for me when I watch it in theaters.

But then we have the hybrid Ghidorah or whatever and then Mechagodzilla. For me, it has to only be one or the other.


It was brought out by one of the users here that the some of the special effects guys for Ghidorah haven't been utilized for GvsK (yet), so with that in mind I don't think we'll see Mecha King Ghidorah. Personally, I think Mecha Godzilla will somehow be infused with Ghidorah cells, and we'll possibly get a "metal-living-organism" type thing going on. Could borrow elements from anything from the anime to Gigan, but most likely Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla. It provides the simplest explanation as to why/how someone would ever attempt to build a giant robot of Godzilla.
Last edited by vibramrunner on Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ivo-goji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2672
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:54 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Ivo-goji » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:50 am

I'm 100000000000000000% sure the newspaper montage was not teasing Mechagodzilla.

Spoiler:
It's MOGUERA baby, they're gonna tunnel into the Hollow Earth.
Last edited by Ivo-goji on Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

User avatar
JesstrK
Interpol Agent
Posts: 531
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 2:13 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby JesstrK » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:09 am

vibramrunner wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:
Gojira2K wrote:Yeah, I do think that Ghidorah will have some role in GvK. I'd love him to come back fully regenrated, because I would love to see Kong fight him. I think that could be interesting to see. Maybe we could get him in the daytime and really show off his gold color scheme.

If they do this though, I really hope it is not spoiled in trailers or anything like that. I'd love for it to be a complete surprise for me when I watch it in theaters.

But then we have the hybrid Ghidorah or whatever and then Mechagodzilla. For me, it has to only be one or the other.


It was brought out by one of the users here that the some of the special effects guys for Ghidorah haven't been utilized for GvsK (yet), so with that in mind I don't think we'll see Mecha King Ghidorah. Personally, I think Mecha Godzilla will somehow be infused with Ghidorah cells, and we'll possibly get a "metal-living-organism" type thing going on. Could borrow elements from anything from the anime to Gigan, but most likely Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla. It provides the simplest explanation as to why/how someone would ever attempt to build a giant robot of Godzilla.

One thing though...If Ghidorah is going to return, possibly as MKG, it's possible that they'd want to keep his appearance under wraps as a surprise, especially this early in the game. In which case, the Ghidorah mo-cap bros might have been instructed not to let it slip if they were back to work on it (I believe the user said their answer was "we haven't been asked yet but we hope so" or something to that effect). Of course, its best to be cautious and take words at face value for now. It's probably like Hokmuto suggested, the head is being saved for a Godzilla 3 plot point or something. This is given further credence by the fact that Charles Dance doesn't seem to be in GvK, and if anything is done with the Ghidorah head, we know Alan Jonah would be involved as well. Also we have the ever-reliable Sayaka's report about Mechagodzilla being in GvK.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 844
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:51 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby vibramrunner » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:25 am

JesstrK wrote:One thing though...If Ghidorah is going to return, possibly as MKG, it's possible that they'd want to keep his appearance under wraps as a surprise, especially this early in the game. In which case, the Ghidorah mo-cap bros might have been instructed not to let it slip if they were back to work on it (I believe the user said their answer was "we haven't been asked yet but we hope so" or something to that effect). Of course, its best to be cautious and take words at face value for now. It's probably like Hokmuto suggested, the head is being saved for a Godzilla 3 plot point or something. This is given further credence by the fact that Charles Dance doesn't seem to be in GvK, and if anything is done with the Ghidorah head, we know Alan Jonah would be involved as well. Also we have the ever-reliable Sayaka's report about Mechagodzilla being in GvK.


That's a good point and it's definitely possible, that MKG could be in GvsK as opposed to a potential Godzilla 3. I just have a hard time associating "under wraps" with the Monsterverse lately :-/ . Plus, they've basically freely given away MechaG, which arguably is the bigger surprise anyway.

GojiDog
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 784
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby GojiDog » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:22 am

So any updates on this?

https://cosmicbook.news/godzilla-vs-king-kong-cineeurope-footage-release-date

I'm not looking for details on the footage, but rather any reactions to it beyond this article.

User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10164
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Living Corpse » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:04 am

Ivo-goji wrote:I'm 100000000000000000% sure the newspaper montage was not teasing Mechagodzilla.

Spoiler:
It's MOGUERA baby, they're gonna tunnel into the Hollow Earth.


I'm okay wit this if it turned out to be true.

GojiDog wrote:So any updates on this?

https://cosmicbook.news/godzilla-vs-king-kong-cineeurope-footage-release-date

I'm not looking for details on the footage, but rather any reactions to it beyond this article.


They might not be allowed to talk about it till later. I know, why even report it then?
Image

User avatar
G2000
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4698
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby G2000 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:07 am

It’s entirely possible it may not even be from the film proper but rather a specially-produced teaser (like the ones for G14 or K:SI)

Only thing is that filming for GvK has already wrapped while in those past two examples the teasers were made and released before they had even begun filming
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Sonic
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:43 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Sonic » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:51 am

so release date isn't changing? good...

User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10164
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Living Corpse » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:58 am

Sonic wrote:so release date isn't changing? good...


I think KOTM shouldn't have changed release date either.
Image

User avatar
JesstrK
Interpol Agent
Posts: 531
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 2:13 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby JesstrK » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:04 am

Living Corpse wrote:
Sonic wrote:so release date isn't changing? good...


I think KOTM shouldn't have changed release date either.

Agreed. It wasn't perfect but being two weeks removed from Captain Marvel was much better than being right on the heels of Endgame. I think Legendary got a little to big for their britches when they felt they had a summer blockbuster on their hands with KOTM. That, or less likely, they were prioritizing; sending it out to die in order to save their precious DC movie (Shazam) by keeping it away from Endagame giving it Godzilla's old release date.
Last edited by JesstrK on Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Hokmuto
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2123
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Hokmuto » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:51 pm

MORE rumors that contradict absolutely everything we've heard. This comes from the most reputable place in the world..the Youtube comment section :lol:

So APPARENTLY, Destroyah is in the movie and Godzilla dies. Bruuuh... :lol: Destroyah is supposedly made by the Ghidorah head.

(watch this actually being real and then me seeing this comment with dismay)
Last edited by Hokmuto on Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Long Live The King

User avatar
gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper
Posts: 1228
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:49 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby gottatalktothefake » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:54 pm

Eh, I’d be okay with Goji dying if he isn’t killed by Kong or is dethroned first.
Smuggers wrote:How could Dougherty do this to us bros... he's defiling our beloved monsters right before our eyes, charging $15 a pop and getting millions in the process... I thought he was a trufan? I guess this was all some sick joke orchestrated by Thomas Tull for almost a decade...

Oh well. Guess I won't see the movie for myself and form my own opinion, I've basically already seen it in my mind from what I've read online and I know a lame duck when I see one. Time to whip out the 'ol 12 gauge

User avatar
JesstrK
Interpol Agent
Posts: 531
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 2:13 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby JesstrK » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:30 am

Hokmuto wrote:MORE rumors that contradict absolutely everything we've heard. This comes from the most reputable place in the world..the Youtube comment section :lol:

So APPARENTLY, Destroyah is in the movie and Godzilla dies. Bruuuh... :lol: Destroyah is supposedly made by the Ghidorah head.

(watch this actually being real and then me seeing this comment with dismay)


Well, that's it then. I guess it's confirmed Sayaka was trolling us this whole time then. :D

User avatar
ultrazilla
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:48 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby ultrazilla » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:02 am

I do wonder what the budget for this film is gonna be, from the sound of things they wanna make it HUGE and A+ so I guess it should be well over 200m especially for what could be potentially the Monsterverse finale.
Image

User avatar
Hokmuto
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2123
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Hokmuto » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:40 am

ultrazilla wrote:I do wonder what the budget for this film is gonna be, from the sound of things they wanna make it HUGE and A+ so I guess it should be well over 200m especially for what could be potentially the Monsterverse finale.

The A+ thing is just PR talk; not indicative of the final product
Long Live The King


Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests