Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by miguelnuva »

Olzh26 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
Sometimes thats all you need to convey something. That along with the somewhat somber music (compare it to G14s triumphant end music) and the gathering of monsters and the concerned look on the faces of the survivors tells me it COULD be a heel turn in the next movie.

I guess what I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised either way.
The same way Gamera turned Heel in Gamera 3 when the same thing was said about him. It's usually just a line to tell that a Monster is the defender of Earth not a defender of humanity. If Godzilla can get pass us killing him I don't see what would make him turn against humanity.
You yourself have just answered your question. Godzilla is the protector of the Earth, and many environmental disasters are caused by humans. excellent ground for confrontation. You yourself say that Godzilla is not the protector of humanity but the protector of the Earth. then why are you not so happy with his negative attitude towards people in the next films?
Because humans have already done enough damage to the planet and Godzilla and he still hasn't turned against them. Kotm could have done so in the credits post Ghidorah and it still says Godzilla is going out of his way to protect cities and people.

Also yes I love the heroic Godzilla.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Godzilla21 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:There’s more leaks saying Godzilla wins likely because of his “heroic” interpretation throughout the MV films.
I think there was enough foreshadowing in the final seconds of KOTM that I wouldn't be surprised if he filled the villain role in GvK
Yeah, because filmmaker's are repelled by the idea of Kong not being tragic. Fuck it, make the monkey evil. Have him pull a Joker and dance down a mountain.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Kong is the King of his island. When he felt his land was threatened he terminated the threat, he could differentiate good humans from bad.

Godzilla doesn't have this luxury.

As of KOTM, Godzilla is the King of the Monsters, he also has an Ecosystemic Militia at his disposal. He needs to make sure they're all thriving, since leading a pack of various species is a serious responsibility. (Heavy 60s-70s Showa Monster Island vibes)

Here's where the problem comes in, humanity lived with Titans before, but they had massive amounts of land to sprawl out for each Titan. Similar to getting a big dog for your big backyard, the modern day is no longer like that anymore. Humanity has taken over, and now it'd be like a big dog in a small glass apartment, problems are bound to erupt.

Humanity will try to fight back against the Titans, they will fail, they will call in an ORCA-infused Mech to lure these Titans away, maybe even fade a few Titans in the process. Godzilla WILL get pissed. So now, humanity will have nuked Godzilla with an Oxygen Destroyer, killed some of his Titans and tried to "dethrone" his pack leader status. On top of this, if he falls into the Hollow Earth like it's to be believed, i don't think he's going to come back too happy.

Enter: Heel turn Godzilla in Godzilla III
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

With Emma dead can they even make another Orca?

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

miguelnuva wrote:With Emma dead can they even make another Orca?
The father created the tech, his wife just used it on the job.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Yeah but why would he make another Orca? That would be more out of character for Mark than Heelzilla.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

miguelnuva wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Yeah but why would he make another Orca? That would be more out of character for Mark than Heelzilla.
They could easily have Madison be kidnapped by the Ecoterrorists, or by Serizawa's son (since I'm sure he's the only official piece of these leaks and it'd be so badass)

Or he could just do it because the Military has no choice but to ask for his help in preventing Titan attacks on the various cities.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

_JNavs_ wrote: They could easily have Madison be kidnapped by the Ecoterrorists, or by Serizawa's son (since I'm sure he's the only official piece of these leaks and it'd be so badass)
So...retread the same shit that happened in KOTM?

I mean, the writers are probably inept enough to do it but still.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

The 2nd idea is likely how it'd work. Godzilla has his own little entourage out and about now, one meet up through a city and it's gonezo. Every government worldwide would need the/an ORCA to repell Titans from their shores, so Mark would be presented with an option to save humanity, which he'd have to accept.

Don't know how Skull Island would play into it though.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

I just want Kong to shove a tree into Godzilla's mouth

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote:The 2nd idea is likely how it'd work. Godzilla has his own little entourage out and about now, one meet up through a city and it's gonezo. Every government worldwide would need the/an ORCA to repell Titans from their shores, so Mark would be presented with an option to save humanity, which he'd have to accept.

Don't know how Skull Island would play into it though.
Godzilla is repelling Titans and Mark wanted the Orca destroyed. He also has an understanding with Godzilla.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

MrRockett
JXSDF Technician

Post by MrRockett »

This discussion has me thinking, they saw the power of the Orca and a conflicted Mark makes a new one (shades of Serizawa) to try and steer them away from populated areas which seems to work for a bit but RedBamboo2019 has managed themselves to replicate it, this causes the monsters to go out of control and the government loses faith in Monarch. The baddies see their plan work so they shit off their orca when it is decided to lure the creatures to Skull Island and obliterate it. Once there, the two alphas get to business and in the midst of it all Red Bamboo releases their alpha challenger (Ghidorah based monster/mech) in a final bid to take control. It nearly kills G and K and leaves the island with the other monsters now loyal to the new alpha. Godzilla and Kong recover and give chase as the primary target for both is the new alpha. When they finally square off it’s a 3 way dance where there may be subtle if not accidental team ups with G and K if for no other reason to take out the new alpha so they can finish their fight. Other titans are collateral damage and once vanquished all that is left is G and K who battle till both are near death. Kong can’t fight anymore and looks dead or dying. Rather than a kill shot for good measure, Godzilla shows benevolence for his most ferocious opponent and realizes that the world needs Titans more than a king, he turns and swims off to patrol the oceans while a beaten but alive slowly rises to his feet and begins his long swim to home.
This avoids an all out team up, deathnof either titan, Godzilla swimming off below the surface while Kong swims in another direction harkens back to the original as how I viewed it, Kong swimming away was not intended as a victory since we knew Godzilla resides in the sea. Closes up both movies but also gives them even more character depth. It also avoids a true team up as more of a means to an end for the final battle.
goji89 wrote:King Gonorrhea
I've turned over a new leaf, and it's still just a leaf so I guess I'm still the same a-hole I've always been just now with two leaves.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

MrRockett wrote:Other titans are collateral damage and once vanquished all that is left is G and K who battle till both are near death.
I like it all except this part, I don't think all the other titans should die. Maybe some of them but definitely not all of them, and I don't see how massive ferocious monsters can just be collateral damage.

How do you accidentally kill an entire mountain?

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

In Godzilla Vs. Kong, bad guys play replicated ORCA:

Godzilla: "Hey Behemoth"
Behemoth: "What do you want?"
Godzilla: "Something funny going on...you better check!"
Behemoth: "Okay"
Godzilla: "Hurry up!"

Come on, we all secretly want this, right?
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

miguelnuva wrote:
Olzh26 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
The same way Gamera turned Heel in Gamera 3 when the same thing was said about him. It's usually just a line to tell that a Monster is the defender of Earth not a defender of humanity. If Godzilla can get pass us killing him I don't see what would make him turn against humanity.
You yourself have just answered your question. Godzilla is the protector of the Earth, and many environmental disasters are caused by humans. excellent ground for confrontation. You yourself say that Godzilla is not the protector of humanity but the protector of the Earth. then why are you not so happy with his negative attitude towards people in the next films?
Because humans have already done enough damage to the planet and Godzilla and he still hasn't turned against them. Kotm could have done so in the credits post Ghidorah and it still says Godzilla is going out of his way to protect cities and people.

Well, why not demonstrate in the next film that Godzilla finally turned against them for all this? And why then does he chase after other monsters if he doesn't care?
Last edited by Olzh26 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

I really hope they just throw the Orca out. It was dumb enough in Kotm.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Olzh26 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Olzh26 wrote: You yourself have just answered your question. Godzilla is the protector of the Earth, and many environmental disasters are caused by humans. excellent ground for confrontation. You yourself say that Godzilla is not the protector of humanity but the protector of the Earth. then why are you not so happy with his negative attitude towards people in the next films?

Well, why not demonstrate in the next film that Godzilla finally turned against them for all this? And why then does he chase after other monsters if he doesn't care?
Because that makes no sense for him to suddenly turn againts humanity if he's already forgiven them for the worst case scenario. They killed him in Kotm and he came back and still fought for them.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

so realistically how could Mechagodzilla show up in GvK?

KaijuShill17
Monsterland Worker

Post by KaijuShill17 »

BurningCoolMan wrote:so realistically how could Mechagodzilla show up in GvK?
I'm not sure if it could be considered realistic or not, but I had an idea of how he could be introduced. It's just a little fan theory, but essentially, Mechagodzilla is built as an added defense measure against rogue titans in case Godzilla was busy or went missing. He'd be outfitted with extremely powerful armor and an impressive arsenal of weapons in order to fight any monster that steps out of line. The reason he resembles Godzilla is so the other titans recognize him as the alpha (perhaps he could even have a disguise like the OG MG). Maybe he'd even have an ORCA device built-in so he could calm down monsters using bioacoustics.
Last edited by KaijuShill17 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"God, G16 looks like he just walked in on his wife cheating on him with another man, and the zip tie is the only thing holding him back from killing the both of them."

-ArchdukeSquidlyIII

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

BurningCoolMan wrote:I just want Kong to shove a tree into Godzilla's mouth
This is the first post in this thread I enjoy and agree with, thank you.

I want John C. Reilly's character to have some sort of cameo or legacy.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."