Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by BurningCoolMan »

I don't give a Damn about power levels, just give us a good movie
Last edited by BurningCoolMan on Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

tyrantgoji wrote:I imagine once the other Titans get to Skull Island,they're just gonna massacre the poor Skulcrawlers and drive them to extinction. A cruel twist considering what they did to,well,99% of the islands inhabitants.
I feel our opening scene will be Kong kicking Titan ass and then the others call Godzilla for protection.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

miguelnuva wrote:
Olzh26 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Because humans have already done enough damage to the planet and Godzilla and he still hasn't turned against them. Kotm could have done so in the credits post Ghidorah and it still says Godzilla is going out of his way to protect cities and people.

Also yes I love the heroic Godzilla.
Well, why not demonstrate in the next film that Godzilla finally turned against them for all this? And why then does he chase after other monsters if he doesn't care?
Because that makes no sense for him to suddenly turn againts humanity if he's already forgiven them for the worst case scenario. They killed him in Kotm and he came back and still fought for them.
Until 2014, he could not know about the actions of people since he was in hibernation. In 2014 and 2019, he did not care about people because he had more important problems. And in 2020, he can realize the whole danger of mankind and take some kind of measures. If he continues to ignore them, this will be contrary to his personality because he always eliminates those who are dangerous.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Olzh26 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Olzh26 wrote: Well, why not demonstrate in the next film that Godzilla finally turned against them for all this? And why then does he chase after other monsters if he doesn't care?
Because that makes no sense for him to suddenly turn againts humanity if he's already forgiven them for the worst case scenario. They killed him in Kotm and he came back and still fought for them.
Until 2014, he could not know about the actions of people since he was in hibernation. In 2014 and 2019, he did not care about people because he had more important problems. And in 2020, he can realize the whole danger of mankind and take some kind of measures. If he continues to ignore them, this will be contrary to his personality because he always eliminates those who are dangerous.
But was active in between the time of 2014 to 2019 and still didn’t care about humanity and the state of planet during those five years. Which if he had plenty of time to take us out. As now Godzilla only eliminates those who have a predator/prey relationship with his species (Shinomura, The MUTOs and MUTO Prime) and direct interference to the titans themselves and the entire globe (Ghidorah).

It would be incredibly weird have it where KOTM ended saying Godzilla was directly repel other titans from human city to the start of GvK suddenly have Godzilla the needs to take his pets behind the shed. If they were to make him it would be better for GvK end off with something triggering him to turn on humans.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

So Who Should Score The Film?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

BurningCoolMan wrote:So Who Should Score The Film?
We have a poll for that. Though i still say Ramin Djawada (i butchered his last name didn't i? :lol: )the man who scored Pacific Rim.
Last edited by Gigantis on Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

Moogabunga wrote:

2) Kong beating Godzilla in any fight is absolute trash
You and everyone on this forum are exaggerating the power of Godzilla. Do not forget that in 2014 he almost died from simple muto blows. Kong’s physical strength exceeds that of muto, so Kong has every chance of defeating Godzilla
Last edited by Olzh26 on Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Except in the very next movie he was wiping ass with Ghidorah.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

he would never wiping ghidorahs ass without the help of Motra and people

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

BurningCoolMan wrote:So Who Should Score The Film?
Alexandre Desplat
GO GO GOJI KUN

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

_JNavs_ wrote:Except in the very next movie he was wiping ass with Ghidorah.
I thought Ghidorah was holding his own pretty well back their.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

Olzh26 wrote:
Moogabunga wrote:

You and everyone on this forum are exaggerating the power of Godzilla. Do not forget that in 2014 he almost died from simple muto blows. Kong’s physical strength exceeds that of muto, so Kong has every chance of defeating Godzilla

Based off of whatt is Kong stronger than a Muto? On top of them having Sharp claws.

A boxer might hurt me with a punch but a little girl with a knife can kill me. Apples and oranges

Added in 1 minute 6 seconds:
Kong shook a hill with an elbow strike. The Muto straight up obliterated Yucatan. Not even comparable strength classes.

Added in 4 minutes 5 seconds:
Simple Muto blows that would one shot Kong. Kong almost lost his freaking hand to a damn helicopter. No one is exaggerating anything. You want exaggerating? Go to comicvine and check out Godzilla vs. Galactus threads

batzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by batzilla »

So this coming week Empire magazine is releasing their 2020 preview issue (on the 31st). This could finally be the week we see something.
That’s just one of the exciting exclusives to be found in Empire’s upcoming 2020 Preview Issue, arriving on Thursday 31 October and bringing you the ultimate guide to (and first looks at) the most exciting movies of the coming year.
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/new ... ames-bond/
Last edited by batzilla on Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

batzilla wrote:So this coming week Empire magazine is releasing their 2020 preview issue (on the 31st). This could finally be the week we see something.
That’s just one of the exciting exclusives to be found in Empire’s upcoming 2020 Preview Issue, arriving on Thursday 31 October and bringing you the ultimate guide to (and first looks at) the most exciting movies of the coming year.
Well it's about damn time! Should definitely see some images this week and the trailer at the latest should be out the first week of November

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

batzilla wrote:So this coming week Empire magazine is releasing their 2020 preview issue (on the 31st). This could finally be the week we see something.
Thank Gojira! The "kaiju " part of my brain has been starving for too long!

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

All I see is James bond stuff

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Shadowfyre wrote:
Olzh26 wrote:
Moogabunga wrote:

Based off of whatt is Kong stronger than a Muto? On top of them having Sharp claws.

A boxer might hurt me with a punch but a little girl with a knife can kill me. Apples and oranges

Kong shook a hill with an elbow strike. The Muto straight up obliterated Yucatan. Not even comparable strength classes.

Simple Muto blows that would one shot Kong. Kong almost lost his freaking hand to a damn helicopter. No one is exaggerating anything. You want exaggerating? Go to comicvine and check out Godzilla vs. Galactus threads
Of course comparing the strength of 100ft monster to a 300ft one isn’t going to look that impressive you know.

Also that those example is completely bogus considering the elbow strike was aimed at the Skullcrawler and not a attempt to destroy the mountain. While the Yucatan thing is over exaggerated, making it seems like she did that in one blow or something not her just digging her way out like she dug out the nest in San Francisco.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

I'm not the one who made the claim that either was stronger without any proof whatsoever. So my point still stands, especially the part about bladed hands being different than blunt force

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

Shadowfyre wrote:
Olzh26 wrote:
Moogabunga wrote:

based on the fact that kong has an anthropomorphic structure and a pile of muscles. 2/3 of its total mass is muscle. he is also a primate and a priori will be the most capable fighter than everyone else.

It does not matter whether these paws are sharp or not. it's like comparing a sword and a hammer, it will hurt anyway.

In 1973, Kong was young. He grows with age, and armor increases with size
Last edited by Olzh26 on Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

And then there's the simple fact that of course Kong will be a match for Godzilla, he's the MAIN ENEMY of the movie for Godzilla.
Of course they're gonna be evenly matched, or at least close, or it'd be boring!!