Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
G2000
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by G2000 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:But here, it'll have its legs, reproductive organs, and waist cut off.
Hey, what do you call a deer with no eyes?
Spoiler:
No eye-deer.
What do you call a deer with no eyes and no legs?
Spoiler:
Still no eye-deer.
What do you call a deer with no eyes, legs, or reproductive organs?
Spoiler:
Still no-fucking eye-deer.
Last edited by G2000 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

G2000 wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:But here, it'll have its legs, reproductive organs, and waist cut off.
Spoiler:
No eye-deer.
Spoiler:
Still no eye-deer.
Spoiler:
Nah nah nah, you call it a carcass.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

GmkGoji wrote:
G2000 wrote:
Spoiler:
No eye-deer.
Spoiler:
Still no eye-deer.
Spoiler:
Nah nah nah, you call it a carcass.
Depends how skilled a vet you got treating said deer.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Spydrmanjr
Monarch Researcher

Post by Spydrmanjr »

Vakanai wrote:Depends how skilled a vet you got treating said deer.
I'm sure that you know that deer have much smaller, much more intricate organs than horses.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

Sayaka, could you please tell me if KONG looks much different compared to his SL design?

Thanks.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Sakaya confirmed that Kong grows as he absorbes nuclear radiation. So when Godzilla blasts him with his atomic breath, Kong actually grows to 1000 feet and stomps on Godzilla like an ant. The end.

keizerkaiju
Monarch Researcher

Post by keizerkaiju »

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Question, can the new Kong even tank a multi megaton Nuke in the face?

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

ultrazilla wrote:Question, can the new Kong even tank a multi megaton Nuke in the face?
I'd say probably not, but who knows? I don't think they'll use heavy weapons against Godzilla and Kong unless they become too reckless with their fighting, because they are both "good" monsters and both can keep the other, dangerous monsters like MUTO and Rodan in line.

Kong has a temper. If you pee'd him off with a nuke or the like, what'd be stopping him from sending his monsters after you?

ACTUALLY, here's an idea: Would irradiating a monster turn it into prey for the others? Because some of them hunt for food. Godzilla hunts monsters for radiation in the past. The MUTOS hunt radioactive monsters for breeding. Would nuking up Kong turn him into a food item in the eyes of the predatory monsters?
Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

But for Kong to even stand a chance against Godzilla he'll obviously have to be scaled to his level that's how close and fair fights go.

So in other words yes.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

With what little information we have of Kong’s strength, I doubt he can tank what Godzilla has survived, let alone a multi megaton nuke. He hasn’t been conditioned to that kind of power, whereas Godzilla has been alive for millions of years to build on his defense.

Not like it matters, I don’t think Kong’s priority in this fight is to tank everything that’s thrown at him. His advantage is his intelligence and agility compared to Godzilla. So I don’t think tanking that kind of power matters in the long run.

(inb4 the first scene in the movie is Skull Island getting nuked.)
Last edited by Dynomy-DX on Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Kong seemed to be feeding only on animal flesh referencing KSI and maybe some other natural food too much like an omnivore does, so he shouldn't be resistant to a nuke blast in which the radiation would kill it while making Titans like Godzilla and Muto stronger. We can see how extreme heat such as fire could affect Kong, how chopper blades could wound him easily, so if we scale up the firepower to a nuke or Godzilla's Atomic breath, a fully grown Kong would have some trouble dealing with it for sure. Its mammalian skin is just not as durable as reptilian armored plates of Godzilla, not to mention the lack of radiation adaptation, I think a nuke would be one of Kong's worst enemy.
So personally if there's a tier for Titan power level ranking, Kong would be a tier below Goji.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

ultrazilla wrote:Kong seemed to be feeding only on animal flesh referencing KSI and maybe some other natural food too much like an omnivore does, so he shouldn't be resistant to a nuke blast in which the radiation would kill it while making Titans like Godzilla and Muto stronger. We can see how extreme heat such as fire could affect Kong, how chopper blades could wound him easily, so if we scale up the firepower to a nuke or Godzilla's Atomic breath, a fully grown Kong would have some trouble dealing with it for sure. Its mammalian skin is just not as durable as reptilian armored plates of Godzilla, not to mention the lack of radiation adaptation, I think a nuke would be one of Kong's worst enemy.
So personally if there's a tier for Titan power level ranking, Kong would be a tier below Goji.
I would rank the ones we've seen like this: First we have the regular monsters, the skull island creatures. They're huge but they're just animals. Then, we have the giant monsters like (2017) Kong and Ramarak and Behemoth, where they are GIANT monsters with immense strength but no special powers. Then we have the powered up titans, like Mothra, Rodan and Godzilla. Ghidorah would be a class of his own, due to being a whole different type of monster than any of the others.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:But for Kong to even stand a chance against Godzilla he'll obviously have to be scaled to his level that's how close and fair fights go.

So in other words yes.
Kong only needs to be strong enough to damage Godzilla he doesn't have to be as durable. Frieza in dragon ball can survive being cut in half and blown up on a planet while Ssj Goku can't. In the actual battle Goku handed Frieza his ass.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

well the reviews are out and Disney killed star wars, a least I'll have Godzilla for the rest of my life, GvK don't disappoint!

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

BurningCoolMan wrote:well the reviews are out and Disney killed star wars, a least I'll have Godzilla for the rest of my life, GvK don't disappoint!
That’s the thing. Godzilla has the luxury of being able to reboot every 10 years give or take, and even have separate cinematic universes running side by side, all without alienating the fans. Don’t like the current version of Godzilla? No worries, it does no damage to the previous versions you liked and there’s probably a new official canon just around the corner.

Star Wars, on the other hand, as a single continuity of movies does not have any such luxury and is therefore screwed forever more due to the irreparable damage the sequel trilogy has done to the entire franchise.
Last edited by JesstrK on Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

What are you guys talking about? There are only 6 Star Wars movies, there hasn’t been one in 14 years.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

kaijuguy19
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijuguy19 »

BurningCoolMan wrote:well the reviews are out and Disney killed star wars, a least I'll have Godzilla for the rest of my life, GvK don't disappoint!
I doubt SW has been killed off. Going through an extremely rough time and likely going into a hiatus certainly but I don't think to the point where it'll got the way Terminator seems to be going into after Dark Fate. That being said I do agree that in comparison GvK's as well as the Monsterverse's position as a whole is no where near as severe as SW's so at least we don't have to worry that much. Especially when it comes to getting more Godzilla content in the future Monsterverse or not.
Why am I always chasing rainbows?

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

gottatalktothefake wrote:What are you guys talking about? There are only 6 Star Wars movies, there hasn’t been one in 14 years.
I see how it is. :lol:
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

I will be seeing it tomorrow night so I will be leaving my thoughts in it's own thread there, that said Disney butchered the sequel trilogy. Although Star Wars can be repaired with a hiatus and time. It's a massive franchise, even with all the backlash of TLJ and the horrible plot leaks of ROS and mixed reviews it will still make over a billion. Star Wars can take the hit, hell it's still estimated to make 450$ million opening weekend worldwide.

Godzilla vs Kong has a lot more to lose if it's a shitty movie, hopefully whatever reason for the delay works out in the long run. I have faith it will be a good fun film regardless. I have enjoyed all the Monsterverse films so far, some more than others though.