Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
MrRockett
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by MrRockett »

I really don’t care how it’s released, if it’s VOD I’ll watch it by my pool in the outside patio area while enjoying a tasty adult beverage. Only thing I know is there will be no vaccine in this guy. Everyone that I know who has had this has been mild to moderate aside from 1 person who was 87 and had kidney failure who sadly passed. Never got the flu shot, not going to get this one.
goji89 wrote:King Gonorrhea
I've turned over a new leaf, and it's still just a leaf so I guess I'm still the same a-hole I've always been just now with two leaves.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

MrRockett wrote:I really don’t care how it’s released, if it’s VOD I’ll watch it by my pool in the outside patio area while enjoying a tasty adult beverage. Only thing I know is there will be no vaccine in this guy. Everyone that I know who has had this has been mild to moderate aside from 1 person who was 87 and had kidney failure who sadly passed. Never got the flu shot, not going to get this one.
>being an anti-vaxxer
>flaunting being an anti-vaxxer during a pandemic that's killing hundreds of thousands
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

MrRockett
JXSDF Technician

Post by MrRockett »

It’s my right to choose what is put into my body, how about the millions who have made it through this without a vaccine?
Currently if you believe that all deaths due to Covid were indeed Covid related, the mortality rate is 3% in the U.S. saying nobody should die from Covid is like saying nobody should die from the flu, it’s an impossibility. Coronavirus and it ongoing versions has been and will be around us. It’s a part of life and either you choose to accept it or live in fear of it.
Hell, my dad who is 73, with COPD and on oxygen, going through cancer treatments had it and made it through within a couple weeks.

Enough off topic, don’t want to get mods mad.
I've turned over a new leaf, and it's still just a leaf so I guess I'm still the same a-hole I've always been just now with two leaves.

LindenHS
Monarch Researcher

Post by LindenHS »

MrRockett wrote:I really don’t care how it’s released, if it’s VOD I’ll watch it by my pool in the outside patio area while enjoying a tasty adult beverage. Only thing I know is there will be no vaccine in this guy. Everyone that I know who has had this has been mild to moderate aside from 1 person who was 87 and had kidney failure who sadly passed. Never got the flu shot, not going to get this one.
You think you sound badass or cool but you sound like an entitled jack** who doesn’t give a rats a** about other human beings... and that makes you a massive ***hole.

I already lost three family members and five friends to this Pandemic so kindly go shove it...
Last edited by LindenHS on Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Crap, they got into the forum

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

Don’t feed the trolls. Ignorance of scientific facts is extremely dangerous and leads to thousands of deaths. It’s unfortunate to watch people’s unintelligence in destructive action.

MrRockett
JXSDF Technician

Post by MrRockett »

Last time, LindenHS, I’m not trying to sound like a badass, however based on your response with name calling my guess is my 13 year old would stomp a hole in you.

That said, I wear a mask when in public places to protect myself from the mouth breathers who insist on going out in public when sick, as well as those who are asymptomatic. I wash my hands and keep social distance out of respect for others and quite frankly, I like personal space.

As for facts and science, I’ll go with the recommendation of my friend of over 30 years who is a physician who specializes in infectious disease who will decline a vaccine on a virus that, like the flu will change over time and have a more moderate impact as time goes on and our immune systems learn to cope with the base virus. For everyone to sit and wait for a magic cure is ignorant. Now let’s get back to the endless movie wait discussion. Anyone want to take issue further can do it in PM.

Added in 8 minutes 55 seconds:
MrRockett wrote:Last time, LindenHS, I’m not trying to sound like a badass, however based on your response with name calling my guess is my 13 year old would stomp a hole in you.

That said, I wear a mask when in public places to protect myself from the mouth breathers who insist on going out in public when sick, as well as those who are asymptomatic. I wash my hands and keep social distance out of respect for others and quite frankly, I like personal space.

As for facts and science, I’ll go with the recommendation of my friend of over 30 years who is a physician who specializes in infectious disease who will decline a vaccine on a virus that, like the flu will change over time and have a more moderate impact as time goes on and our immune systems learn to cope with the base virus. For everyone to sit and wait for a magic cure is ignorant. Now let’s get back to the endless movie wait discussion. Anyone want to take issue further can do it in PM.
Btw, as far as the coronavirus strain goes, Covid 19 has a lower morality rate than the original SARS-Cov from 2002 which had a mortality rate of 3x Covid-19. Hantavirus etc. it’s not something to look past but you can take the numbers up with the WHO.

GodzillaFanForLife
Ronin

Post by GodzillaFanForLife »

Maybe you should keep your opinions to yourself. This is serious thing we're going through and many have lost loved ones.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

GodzillaFanForLife wrote:Maybe you should keep your opinions to yourself. This is serious thing we're going through and many have lost loved ones.
Honestly. Covid talk aside, seeing Kong’s more gorilla-like posture in that weird ass-out photo on the back of the playmates figures, do you think he’s going to switch from biped to quadruped more often and fight more gorilla like? He seemed pretty stiff and glued to the ground in K:SI.
Image Image

Godzilla2020
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzilla2020 »

KingKong2005 wrote:
GodzillaFanForLife wrote:Maybe you should keep your opinions to yourself. This is serious thing we're going through and many have lost loved ones.
Honestly. Covid talk aside, seeing Kong’s more gorilla-like posture in that weird ass-out photo on the back of the playmates figures, do you think he’s going to switch from biped to quadruped more often and fight more gorilla like? He seemed pretty stiff and glued to the ground in K:SI.
Ya, Covid talk aside, I'd prefer that he go quadruped at least once. Likely when making a charge at Godzilla and ducking under his atomic breath(after learning of how dangerous it is).

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Okay, I think it's become clear at this point we are not getting new information anytime soon and we've reached the cabin fever stage of going mad, since everyone is kinda spinning around in circles. Time to lock it up until we get some actual new stuff. Please PM a moderator or admin if actual new viable leaks or information comes out...
Last edited by Giratina93 on Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

So now that this thread is unlocked and we have the IMDB cast list...

Didn’t one of the leaks mention the movie featuring Serizawa’s son?

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

king_ghidorah wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:07 pm So now that this thread is unlocked and we have the IMDB cast list...

Didn’t one of the leaks mention the movie featuring Serizawa’s son?
There were actually several that mentioned Ren Serizawa...that doesn't mean much though because Ren Serizawa is in the novelization for KOTM, so it could easily be people got his name from there and made sh*t up
Last edited by Moogabunga on Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Oh. Damnit.

Well. Also. Nice Avatar image btw.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

king_ghidorah wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:11 pm Oh. Damnit.

Well. Also. Nice Avatar image btw.

They actually (finally) added KOTM avatars on Toho Kingdom a little while ago

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

MechaGodzilla

Added in 37 seconds:
unban sayaka

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

BurningCoolMan wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:39 pm
unban sayaka
No. <3

RIP Evan.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Finally, anyway Mechagodzilla was confirmed in a preview and now Apex is a confirmed cybernetics company so I'm going with Godzilla beats Kong and then Apex unleashes MechaG.

Apex in the plot preview are going to kidnap Kong in hopes he kills Godzilla, so Godzilla is preventing the villians of the movie from their plans unfolding.

So G looks to still be a good guy.

Added in 23 seconds:
BurningCoolMan wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:39 pm MechaGodzilla

Added in 37 seconds:
unban sayaka
He's gone friend. I know I miss him too.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Seriously, I hope Fake Godzilla is the catalyst, that'd be such a clever way to make them fight AND make Mechagodzilla the main big bad
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Movie has moved to March 26th this year.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image