Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by plasmabeam »

UltramanGoji wrote:That "April 1st" comment isn't from the interview they're quoting, it's a statement by the website.
Yep. Hence the lack of clarity I was feeling.

SATANICO
Monarch Researcher

Post by SATANICO »

So yeah bois, lets talk, What do you think must be done in order to make GVK the best movie in the Monsterverse? Taking in count what do you find good or bad from the past films.
I think the movie must use the human cast just like in KSI and use the kaiju cast like KOTM... oh! and please, at least one fight during day!
Last edited by SATANICO on Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HighFlyers77
Monarch Researcher

Post by HighFlyers77 »

SATANICO wrote:So yeah bois, lets talk, What do you think must be done in order to make GVK the best movie in the Monsterverse? Taking in count what do you find good or bad from the past films.
I think the movie must use the human cast just like in KSI and use the kaiju cast like KOTM... oh! and please, at least one fight during day!
Use KotM as the least amount of reference in terms of how to make the film. Take lessons from 2014 and K:SI. However, make the monsters characters like KotM which is a great thing.

ReiwaGodzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by ReiwaGodzilla »

SATANICO wrote:
ReiwaGodzilla wrote:
SATANICO wrote:Well bois, the situation is going worst, especially for countries with asshole governments (boi those ones are poop show right now), so i am already prepare for the announcement of this film to be delayed until for a whiiiiile... unless it goes for streaming, i don't think it will be the case, but who knows.

So, by the moment and until sayaka returns, do you have any idea what to speculate or theorize? i am dry xd

Added in 51 seconds:

ABRIDGED: X_X
Yes, there's always stuff to discuss, especially in a project with that magnitude. We can discuss about Kong's axe, the transportation of Kong to Hong Kong (and possible references to KKvsG), the evolution of Monarch throughout the series, Apex and their role in the movie... and we can discuss other minor stuff like would a MV Mechagodzilla be able to fly? Can Kong lift Godzilla? and what type of roars Godzilla will utilize?
This being the first mark MECHA-G i don't think he will be able to fly, maybe will have some rockets like punches or kicks like Gypsy Danger/Avenger, maybe future versions of MECHA-G will be able to fly.

About Kong lifting Godzilla, i think he will at some point (perfect picture for the trailer thumbnail xd), maybe it will be use as promotional material, Kong looks massive and bulky so yeah, i see him lifting Godzilla.

I still believe KONG's battle axe will be made form the same metal MECHA-G will be constructed, it will explain why both things can harm TITANS cause until this point they have been show to be virtually invulnerable (unless they are babies or minor titans like the skullcrawlers) being the Oxygen Destroyer the only known thing able to kill a TITAN from earth.
Oh god, that idea of MG being a prototype is great! It brings me Indoraptor and Jurassic Park novel flashbacks. MG actually being a prototype would explain a lot of things and would give the 2020 incarnation a good deal of personality.
Yeah, MG and Kong's axe NEED to be made of something special to hurt Godzilla, otherwise they wouldn't work.

Added in 3 minutes 26 seconds:
Ehhhhh, i don't think Mechagodzilla is made by Monarch at all, Monarch neglected his existence and we all know MG is for some reason at some APEX laboratory, suggesting it's made by APEX.

Camazotz needs more love
When those fleeting lives destined to die, forget their humbleness and sing praises of their glory, such will shake the very heavens and split the earth, and they shall know the wrath of the divine. The inevitable incarnation of destruction. So, you show yourself at last. Since we last saw each other, it has been 20 years for us and 20,000 years for you. It's been a while... Oh, King of Destruction.

Kaijucifer
G-Grasper

Post by Kaijucifer »

ReiwaGodzilla wrote:
SATANICO wrote:
ReiwaGodzilla wrote: Yes, there's always stuff to discuss, especially in a project with that magnitude. We can discuss about Kong's axe, the transportation of Kong to Hong Kong (and possible references to KKvsG), the evolution of Monarch throughout the series, Apex and their role in the movie... and we can discuss other minor stuff like would a MV Mechagodzilla be able to fly? Can Kong lift Godzilla? and what type of roars Godzilla will utilize?
This being the first mark MECHA-G i don't think he will be able to fly, maybe will have some rockets like punches or kicks like Gypsy Danger/Avenger, maybe future versions of MECHA-G will be able to fly.

About Kong lifting Godzilla, i think he will at some point (perfect picture for the trailer thumbnail xd), maybe it will be use as promotional material, Kong looks massive and bulky so yeah, i see him lifting Godzilla.

I still believe KONG's battle axe will be made form the same metal MECHA-G will be constructed, it will explain why both things can harm TITANS cause until this point they have been show to be virtually invulnerable (unless they are babies or minor titans like the skullcrawlers) being the Oxygen Destroyer the only known thing able to kill a TITAN from earth.
Oh god, that idea of MG being a prototype is great! It brings me Indoraptor and Jurassic Park novel flashbacks. MG actually being a prototype would explain a lot of things and would give the 2020 incarnation a good deal of personality.
Yeah, MG and Kong's axe NEED to be made of something special to hurt Godzilla, otherwise they wouldn't work.

Ehhhhh, i don't think Mechagodzilla is made by Monarch at all, Monarch neglected his existence and we all know MG is for some reason at some APEX laboratory, suggesting it's made by APEX.

Camazotz needs more love
Lol I came up with Mechagodzilla being a prototype years ago as a joke for how he could work in the mv but now that we get one, and that he isn't a prototype given the seemingly refined design is guess that's not happening
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

SATANICO
Monarch Researcher

Post by SATANICO »

HighFlyers77 wrote:
SATANICO wrote:So yeah bois, lets talk, What do you think must be done in order to make GVK the best movie in the Monsterverse? Taking in count what do you find good or bad from the past films.
Use KotM as the least amount of reference in terms of how to make the film. Take lessons from 2014 and K:SI. However, make the monsters characters like KotM which is a great thing.
The only thing i can possible take from 2014 is the dark tone, the rest will sacrifice to much from the vital part of the movie that is the kaijus.

Added in 2 minutes 24 seconds:
Kaijucifer wrote:
ReiwaGodzilla wrote:
SATANICO wrote: This being the first mark MECHA-G i don't think he will be able to fly, maybe will have some rockets like punches or kicks like Gypsy Danger/Avenger, maybe future versions of MECHA-G will be able to fly.

Camazotz needs more love
Lol I came up with Mechagodzilla being a prototype years ago as a joke for how he could work in the mv but now that we get one, and that he isn't a prototype given the seemingly refined design is guess that's not happening
We shall wait to see him in his full glory, not some blurry leaked photos, then we will be able to say if he looks like a prototype or not.

Kaijucifer
G-Grasper

Post by Kaijucifer »

Looking at the image on scified I'd say it looks pretty clear from what we can see that he's not rough around the edges and prototypey looking. https://www.godzilla-movies.com/news/of ... ng-spoiler I know it's not the best but it's still better than most images we've seen. Clearer picture and you can tell from what we do see that he doesn't look like a prototype. Looks like the endoskeleton of a G-800 lol. Skynet went all out, boys. They're trying to send the machines back in time to kill the King of the Monsters in his prime!
I would be so down for a Terminator x Godzilla crossover. Might even write a fanfic about that.
Anyway, yeah. Mechagodzilla doesn't look like a prototype, he looks refined. The claw hands obviously have a purpose. We just need to find out what that is.

Added in 51 seconds:
But yeah I can't wait to see him in the movie, he's gonna be my second favorite MechaG design for sure.
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

HighFlyers77
Monarch Researcher

Post by HighFlyers77 »

Kaijucifer wrote:Looking at the image on scified I'd say it looks pretty clear from what we can see that he's not rough around the edges and prototypey looking. https://www.godzilla-movies.com/news/of ... ng-spoiler I know it's not the best but it's still better than most images we've seen. Clearer picture and you can tell from what we do see that he doesn't look like a prototype. Looks like the endoskeleton of a G-800 lol. Skynet went all out, boys. They're trying to send the machines back in time to kill the King of the Monsters in his prime!
I would be so down for a Terminator x Godzilla crossover. Might even write a fanfic about that.
Anyway, yeah. Mechagodzilla doesn't look like a prototype, he looks refined. The claw hands obviously have a purpose. We just need to find out what that is.

Added in 51 seconds:
But yeah I can't wait to see him in the movie, he's gonna be my second favorite MechaG design for sure.
The only Monsterverse design that is my favorite is Ghidorah. Mothra got beat by GMK and showa (prob) for me, Rodan by his original, Godzilla by 2002 (although 2014 is not far behind at all). I’m a big Kiryu lover and it’s gonna be hard to beat that but I’d be welcome to it to. May I ask, what’s your favorite MG then?

Added in 2 minutes 9 seconds:
SATANICO wrote:
HighFlyers77 wrote:
The only thing i can possible take from 2014 is the dark tone, the rest will sacrifice to much from the vital part of the movie that is the kaijus.

Kaijucifer wrote:
ReiwaGodzilla wrote: Oh god, that idea of MG being a prototype is great! It brings me Indoraptor and Jurassic Park novel flashbacks. MG actually being a prototype would explain a lot of things and would give the 2020 incarnation a good deal of personality.

Camazotz needs more love
We shall wait to see him in his full glory, not some blurry leaked photos, then we will be able to say if he looks like a prototype or not.
Well, that’s what K:SI is there for. Both have extremely good things to use as reference. KotM didn’t offer much imo, although that film is special in its own right, I just don’t wanna see another one unless they fix two major issues with that film. I think heavy moving kaijus with low angles, wide shots, long takes, clear visuals, violent and not ability dependent is perfect. Although I can’t wait to see the atomic breath in Hong Kong and hopefully a return of the nuclear pulse.

Kaijucifer
G-Grasper

Post by Kaijucifer »

My favorite Godzilla is KiryuGoji, it's the definitive Godzilla design, just works in so many ways.
Favorite Mothra? KotM hands down. Finally, she looks beautiful AND like she can take care of business. Favorite Mechagodzilla? It would be a crime for anyone to say anything other than Kiryu, that's just the way it is lol. Favorite Ghidorah? Modern Type King Ghidorah, from Rebirth Of Mothra 3.
Edit: Also, this goes without saying, but, my favorite monster is SpaceGodzilla.
Last edited by Kaijucifer on Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SATANICO
Monarch Researcher

Post by SATANICO »

HighFlyers77 wrote:
Kaijucifer wrote:Looking at the image on scified I'd say it looks pretty clear from what we can see that he's not rough around the edges and prototypey looking. https://www.godzilla-movies.com/news/of ... ng-spoiler I know it's not the best but it's still better than most images we've seen. Clearer picture and you can tell from what we do see that he doesn't look like a prototype. Looks like the endoskeleton of a G-800 lol. Skynet went all out, boys. They're trying to send the machines back in time to kill the King of the Monsters in his prime!

Added in 51 seconds:
The only Monsterverse design that is my favorite is Ghidorah. Mothra got beat by GMK and showa (prob) for me, Rodan by his original, Godzilla by 2002 (although 2014 is not far behind at all). I’m a big Kiryu lover and it’s gonna be hard to beat that but I’d be welcome to it to. May I ask, what’s your favorite MG then?

SATANICO wrote:
HighFlyers77 wrote: Use KotM as the least amount of reference in terms of how to make the film. Take lessons from 2014 and K:SI. However, make the monsters characters like KotM which is a great thing.

Kaijucifer wrote: Lol I came up with Mechagodzilla being a prototype years ago as a joke for how he could work in the mv but now that we get one, and that he isn't a prototype given the seemingly refined design is guess that's not happening
Well, that’s what K:SI is there for. Both have extremely good things to use as reference. KotM didn’t offer much imo, although that film is special in its own right, I just don’t wanna see another one unless they fix two major issues with that film. I think heavy moving kaijus with low angles, wide shots, long takes, clear visuals, violent and not ability dependent is perfect. Although I can’t wait to see the atomic breath in Hong Kong and hopefully a return of the nuclear pulse.
I think G14's references were lame at best and KSI was OK in that departmen, KOTM did a lot for the lore and titans.

HighFlyers77
Monarch Researcher

Post by HighFlyers77 »

Kaijucifer wrote:My favorite Godzilla is KiryuGoji, it's the definitive Godzilla design, just works in so many ways.
Favorite Mothra? KotM hands down. Finally, she looks beautiful AND like she can take care of business. Favorite Mechagodzilla? It would be a crime for anyone to say anything other than Kiryu, that's just the way it is lol. Favorite Ghidorah? Modern Type King Ghidorah, from Rebirth Of Mothra 3.
Rodan? And I’m glad to see another Kiryusaga design fan! Love Kiryu and Godzilla in those films.

Added in 1 minute 29 seconds:
SATANICO wrote:
HighFlyers77 wrote:

Added in 51 seconds:

SATANICO wrote: The only thing i can possible take from 2014 is the dark tone, the rest will sacrifice to much from the vital part of the movie that is the kaijus.

I think G14's references were lame at best and KSI was OK in that departmen, KOTM did a lot for the lore and titans.
When I say references, I don’t mean Easter eggs, I mean what movies they look towards for inspiration for crafting the film. Easter eggs are whatever they want to do without effecting the plot. I’m just saying, look towards 2014 and K:SI when making the movie as the basis.

Kaijucifer
G-Grasper

Post by Kaijucifer »

HighFlyers77 wrote:
Kaijucifer wrote:My favorite Godzilla is KiryuGoji, it's the definitive Godzilla design, just works in so many ways.
Rodan? And I’m glad to see another Kiryusaga design fan! Love Kiryu and Godzilla in those films.

SATANICO wrote:
HighFlyers77 wrote: The only Monsterverse design that is my favorite is Ghidorah. Mothra got beat by GMK and showa (prob) for me, Rodan by his original, Godzilla by 2002 (although 2014 is not far behind at all). I’m a big Kiryu lover and it’s gonna be hard to beat that but I’d be welcome to it to. May I ask, what’s your favorite MG then?

When I say references, I don’t mean Easter eggs, I mean what movies they look towards for inspiration for crafting the film. Easter eggs are whatever they want to do without effecting the plot. I’m just saying, look towards 2014 and K:SI when making the movie as the basis.
I'll do you one better, the Kiryusaga is my favorite of the franchise lol. Rodan? Honestly, don't have one, but it's a three-way tie between Shodai, Fire, and KotM. Rodan's cool but I've never really cared for him as much as the others.

SATANICO
Monarch Researcher

Post by SATANICO »

Edit: Also, this goes without saying, but, my favorite monster is SpaceGodzilla.
Best Goji desing is for sure KOTM, best mothra is the final wars and kiryu saga one, best mecha-g is SUPER MECHA-G and Ghidorah from kotm RULES.

Added in 2 minutes 43 seconds:
Kaijucifer wrote:
HighFlyers77 wrote:

SATANICO wrote: I think G14's references were lame at best and KSI was OK in that departmen, KOTM did a lot for the lore and titans.
I'll do you one better, the Kiryusaga is my favorite of the franchise lol. Rodan? Honestly, don't have one, but it's a three-way tie between Shodai, Fire, and KotM. Rodan's cool but I've never really cared for him as much as the others.
As i said, G14 gives the human cast to much attention and KSI still didn't give the kaijus that big of a presence, story wise, i think KOTM is a better example of how much of a disaster Earth will suffer.

HighFlyers77
Monarch Researcher

Post by HighFlyers77 »

Kaijucifer wrote:
HighFlyers77 wrote:

SATANICO wrote: I think G14's references were lame at best and KSI was OK in that departmen, KOTM did a lot for the lore and titans.
Yeah I can see what you mean. I’ve always been surprised he’s one of the tohos top 5. I like Rodan, but I think he gets horrible treatment and is kinda a b*tch when it comes to brawling. He always loses or runs away. He felt like Star scream in KotM. I really do want him to return in GvK and fight Kong, I just want a really powerful Rodan that isn’t a push over. Like Michael really hyped him up for KotM as a A-Bomb with wings but I didn’t feel it other than the few shots from ground view. He didn’t get the best treatment in KotM. They should have atleast showed his fight with Ghidorah instead of the ending basically. If he’s in GvK, I need him to have a good brawl with Kong that shows he’s powerful.

Added in 3 minutes 45 seconds:
SATANICO wrote:
Best Goji desing is for sure KOTM, best mothra is the final wars and kiryu saga one, best mecha-g is SUPER MECHA-G and Ghidorah from kotm RULES.

Kaijucifer wrote:
HighFlyers77 wrote: Rodan? And I’m glad to see another Kiryusaga design fan! Love Kiryu and Godzilla in those films.

As i said, G14 gives the human cast to much attention and KSI still didn't give the kaijus that big of a presence, story wise, i think KOTM is a better example of how much of a disaster Earth will suffer.
I like Super Mg, and he works in his era, but he’s kinda a glass canon.
I think the way to blend all three into GvK is to have the amazing effects, tone, and scale of 2014. The clear, violent, animalistic fights of K:SI and make the Kaijus feel like actual characters with emotions like KotM. They can focus on the humans IF the humans are actually good. I wouldn’t have a problem since it would at-least give it more rewatch able and make a better movie for everyone. I also need that amazing cinematography and lightning that’s been talked about with the Hong Kong battle I can’t wait and I really hope they hold true to the long shots of K:SI and 2014.

Added in 4 minutes 24 seconds:
Also since you brought up Spacegodzilla, if the Monsterverse were to continue, I’d definitely love Biollante for Godzilla 3. She’s absolutely perfect for the Monsterverse and underused. And I think Spacegodzilla would make a good avengers level villain they should take time to build up to.

Kaijucifer
G-Grasper

Post by Kaijucifer »

SATANICO wrote:
Heisei MG? Ew. Outside of the song and abilities, that design doesn't work, it doesn't even come close to representing Heisei Godzilla and is straight up dopey. He looks like Mechagodzilla and the Pillsbury Dough Boy had a baby. KotM Godzilla is lit, but he's not even close to the best. Mothra's Toho incarnations are just so bland, I love em but they don't exactly spell Beautiful or Goddess when you look at them like KotM does. More or less Cute. KotM Ghidorah would be my second pick for favorite if ROM3 KG didn't exist.
Last edited by Kaijucifer on Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SATANICO
Monarch Researcher

Post by SATANICO »

HighFlyers77 wrote:
Kaijucifer wrote:
HighFlyers77 wrote: Rodan? And I’m glad to see another Kiryusaga design fan! Love Kiryu and Godzilla in those films.

Yeah I can see what you mean. I’ve always been surprised he’s one of the tohos top 5. I like Rodan, but I think he gets horrible treatment and is kinda a b*tch when it comes to brawling. He always loses or runs away. He felt like Star scream in KotM. I really do want him to return in GvK and fight Kong, I just want a really powerful Rodan that isn’t a push over. Like Michael really hyped him up for KotM as a A-Bomb with wings but I didn’t feel it other than the few shots from ground view. He didn’t get the best treatment in KotM. They should have atleast showed his fight with Ghidorah instead of the ending basically. If he’s in GvK, I need him to have a good brawl with Kong that shows he’s powerful.

Added in 3 minutes 45 seconds:
SATANICO wrote:

Kaijucifer wrote: I'll do you one better, the Kiryusaga is my favorite of the franchise lol. Rodan? Honestly, don't have one, but it's a three-way tie between Shodai, Fire, and KotM. Rodan's cool but I've never really cared for him as much as the others.
I like Super Mg, and he works in his era, but he’s kinda a glass canon.
I think the way to blend all three into GvK is to have the amazing effects, tone, and scale of 2014. The clear, violent, animalistic fights of K:SI and make the Kaijus feel like actual characters with emotions like KotM. They can focus on the humans IF the humans are actually good. I wouldn’t have a problem since it would at-least give it more rewatch able and make a better movie for everyone. I also need that amazing cinematography and lightning that’s been talked about with the Hong Kong battle I can’t wait and I really hope they hold true to the long shots of K:SI and 2014.

Added in 4 minutes 24 seconds:
Also since you brought up Spacegodzilla, if the Monsterverse were to continue, I’d definitely love Biollante for Godzilla 3. She’s absolutely perfect for the Monsterverse and underused. And I think Spacegodzilla would make a good avengers level villain they should take time to build up to.
I agree with the long shots, KOTM needed more of that, but G14 didn't have that much of a good choreography , if you give the long shots, fights as brutal as KOTM or KSI, it will be perfect. The scale was present in all the movies, so i guess we will get some of it in GVK, but i prefer more brutal fights before scale and by god effects never disappoint.

Also i am pretty sure that if the monsterverse continues, we will see biollante or hedorah in Godzilla 3, it's just the natural progression.

HighFlyers77
Monarch Researcher

Post by HighFlyers77 »

Hedorah is actually a extremely good choice for a Monsterverse villain and I kinda hope he’s happens one of the movies shortly after MG.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

HighFlyers77 wrote:Hedorah is actually a extremely good choice for a Monsterverse villain and I kinda hope he’s happens one of the movies shortly after MG.
Agreed.

Him, Biollante and Destoroyah would be ideal big bads for future MonsterVerse movies of course along with more original ones too.

SATANICO
Monarch Researcher

Post by SATANICO »

Hedorah is a guy?

HighFlyers77
Monarch Researcher

Post by HighFlyers77 »

SATANICO wrote:Hedorah is a guy?
More like non-binary, as he is a turd