Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by _JNavs_ »

BurningCoolMan wrote: it's because they're desperate to make the DC movies as popular as marvel's

Added in 21 seconds:
it's honestly kinda pathetic
None of this is even close to true and i have absolutely no idea how you came to this conclusion without some kind of full vendetta against WB/DC.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:Well, think about it this way; They're putting out trailers for their other films now like The Suicide Squad and WW84. So, logically, GvK has to be one of the ones next up as they run out of trailers to reveal, right?

Edit: I worded that weirdly...how to put it... Now that some big films of the year have their trailers out, there's less...movies without trailers left? So GvK must have its turn sooner or later now.
No, because those were released as part of a DC event. That's why all the trailers released were for DC movies, and nothing for WB's non DC movies like Dune.

GodzillaFanForLife
Ronin

Post by GodzillaFanForLife »

If they could do a DC event then why won't they show a trailer for Godzilla vs. Kong?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

GodzillaFanForLife wrote:If they could do a DC event then why won't they show a trailer for Godzilla vs. Kong?
There is more anticipation and excitement for DC's upcoming slate.

Kaijucifer
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijucifer »

It's almost like people didn't know about DCFandome yesterday. Hmmm. Anyway, since all that's outta the way, GvK will likely be next in line.
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

MECHA-SAYAKA
Yojimbo

Post by MECHA-SAYAKA »

“ Movie is officially gonna be garbage

Yesterday we got plenty of trailers for movies yet GVK still has not been given a teaser. This shows the faith the producers have in the movie is shit and that it will flop, it’s ridiculous honestly.”

Kids should not be on Reddit smfh

Nani
Interpol Agent

Post by Nani »

Kaijucifer wrote:It's almost like people didn't know about DCFandome yesterday. Hmmm. Anyway, since all that's outta the way, GvK will likely be next in line.
I think it’d be safer to say Dune is next but GvK is certainly not far behind. At the very least I put it 1-3 months away (Oct, Dec)

Kaijucifer
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijucifer »

That'd be lit.
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Just stream it on VOD already, I really doubt a post Covid theater release could garner nearly as many cinema goers as before since people would be still far too scared to mass gathering not to mention seating restriction. So the movie is kinda doomed box office wise either way, might as well strike a deal with AppleTV just like Grey Hound did. It's very sad to see how things would come to this but hey there is no other way.

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

ultrazilla wrote:Just stream it on VOD already, I really doubt a post Covid theater release could garner nearly as many cinema goers as before since people would be still far too scared to mass gathering not to mention seating restriction. So the movie is kinda doomed box office wise either way, might as well strike a deal with AppleTV just like Grey Hound did. It's very sad to see how things would come to this but hey there is no other way.
Not happening so get over it.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

gridiron_kaiju wrote:
ultrazilla wrote:Just stream it on VOD already, I really doubt a post Covid theater release could garner nearly as many cinema goers as before since people would be still far too scared to mass gathering not to mention seating restriction. So the movie is kinda doomed box office wise either way, might as well strike a deal with AppleTV just like Grey Hound did. It's very sad to see how things would come to this but hey there is no other way.
Glad you're able to confirm it! Any word on when the trailer is released? How about on when the second wave of Playmates figures gets released? :lol:
Image Image

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

gridiron_kaiju wrote:
So what if things don't improve much beyond May? Another 6 months of delay? And again..again till we get the vaccine? I don't mean to sound like a Debbie Downer as I personally can't wait to see it on the biggest Imax screen just like everyone is, but I absolutely have no confidence of the movie being released on time next year judging by the current state of affair. I hope I'm wrong.

Nani
Interpol Agent

Post by Nani »

ultrazilla wrote:
gridiron_kaiju wrote:
So what if things don't improve much beyond May? Another 6 months of delay? And again..again till we get the vaccine? I don't mean to sound like a Debbie Downer as I personally can't wait to see it on the biggest Imax screen just like everyone is, but I absolutely have no confidence of the movie being released on time next year judging by the current state of affair. I hope I'm wrong.
Why don’t you think itlll release on time, especially being 10 months away? As the film got a rating sometime in early June, the film is already likely 90+% done. Theaters are open where I am now, new mutants this week and get to see Tenet next week..
Last edited by Nani on Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

ultrazilla wrote:
gridiron_kaiju wrote:
I see where your concern comes from, but the fact is that there are a good handful of vaccines already that have been proven safe (most are using already-approved chemicals that are parts of other vaccines), so by this winter I’m confident they’ll start administering their way through the population. The only worry right now is how long the vaccines will be effective for, not if they’re safe or not. So we may need to get one annually.

Having said all that, once vaccines are approved (this fall/winter), the fear begins to subside very quickly and we can start getting back to “normal” — including movie theatres. We don’t have to wait til everyone is vaccinated if we’re in the process of doing it with the most vulnerable being first. This bodes well for late May.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

I hope you guys are right, this whole Covid thing is making me kinda pessimistic as of late and hell patience is definitely running thin here.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

The boxoffice is slowly (but surely) coming back to life. Here is the last weekend at the boxoffice.

As you can see you have a film (Words on Bathroom Walls) playing in 924 theaters (1,000+ is considered wide) and the #1 film (Unhinged) brought in $4 million.

It should be back to normal in 2021.

Edit: Apparently Unhinged is playing in 1,823 theaters. That's the widest release for a film since back in March.
Last edited by The Octopus on Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaijucifer
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijucifer »

That's certainly good news. Assuming the Country doesn't shut down again, I can see it being sufficiently recovered by May. Fingers crossed.

GodzillaFanForLife
Ronin

Post by GodzillaFanForLife »

If no vaccine gets available by May it'll be delayed again. Hope for the best.

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

I wonder if this movie will have a bunch of armchair epidemiologists and biochemists too.

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

Omegazilla wrote:I wonder if this movie will have a bunch of armchair epidemiologists and biochemists too.
Naw. It’s more likely to have a snarky character with cynical comments at every turn who won’t even accept people commenting on actual science and scientific news that’s being released all around them.