Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by Moogabunga »

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:Since this movie sounds like its made for Godzilla fans (like GKOTM was), I cant imagine Godzilla not winning.
Aside from the inclusion of MechaGodzilla, I don't really see how you can come to that conclusion at this point in time
Last edited by Moogabunga on Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

But guys! Mammals good! Reptiles bad!

At least that's how the trope goes! :roll:

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

ViewerAnon apparently saw it huh. Guess it’s time to ask some questions (I won’t ask who wins since most don’t seem to want that answered just yet). Hopefully he is able to respond like he did for KOTM.
Long Live The King

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Hokmuto wrote:ViewerAnon apparently saw it huh. Guess it’s time to ask some questions (I won’t ask who wins since most don’t seem to want that answered just yet). Hopefully he is able to respond like he did for KOTM.
I asked him, if he replies I’ll mark it as spoilers so no one who doesn’t want to see it has to.

But the fact that there are people who think the box office will be determined by the winner is extremely hilarious to me.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Does anyone have his tweets about GKOTM? Would be good gauge his opinion about GvK

ReiwaGodzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by ReiwaGodzilla »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:But guys! Mammals good! Reptiles bad!

One of the things i like the most about the Godzilla franchise is that it completely brokes that pattern, it's very good to see a more heroic representation of the reptiles instead of mammals.
When those fleeting lives destined to die, forget their humbleness and sing praises of their glory, such will shake the very heavens and split the earth, and they shall know the wrath of the divine. The inevitable incarnation of destruction. So, you show yourself at last. Since we last saw each other, it has been 20 years for us and 20,000 years for you. It's been a while... Oh, King of Destruction.

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

Hokmuto wrote:ViewerAnon apparently saw it huh. Guess it’s time to ask some questions (I won’t ask who wins since most don’t seem to want that answered just yet). Hopefully he is able to respond like he did for KOTM.
he usually reports on a test screening

so he probably hasn't seen the movie

it probably just means the test screenings were very positively
Last edited by BurningCoolMan on Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

BurningCoolMan wrote:
he usually reports on a test screening

so he probably hasn't seen the movie

it probably just means the test screenings were very positively
From past history he usually actually goes to see the test screenings. After all he did leak JL, Last Jedi and KOTM (just go to my profile and look at my post history from July 2018 which is when he first leaked the info)
Long Live The King

euronymous
Yojimbo

Post by euronymous »

I actually want to know who wins but I don't care who it is. I love spoilers.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Ok but how is his track record? Does he say all of these films were great beforehand and then they ended up sucking eggs?

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

king_ghidorah wrote:Ok but how is his track record? Does he say all of these films were great beforehand and then they ended up sucking eggs?
Well it is his opinion. However, I find that I end up disagreeing with him most of the time.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

ReiwaGodzilla wrote:One of the things i like the most about the Godzilla franchise is that it completely brokes that pattern, it's very good to see a more heroic representation of the reptiles instead of mammals.
Doesn't mean Kong still might be the winner which he'll probably is being the mammal.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

ReiwaGodzilla wrote:it's very good to see a more heroic representation of the reptiles instead of mammals.
Tell me about it. Herpetophobia has gone on far enough in society and its about time we get more positive representations and portrayals of reptiles in the film industry.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Given that the art book says the MUTOs are mammalians, G14 actually turned the trope on its head

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:But guys! Mammals good! Reptiles bad!

I like how people will say this, and then later on beg to see Godzilla become a villain :lol:
Image Image

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

gottatalktothefake wrote:
king_ghidorah wrote:Ok but how is his track record? Does he say all of these films were great beforehand and then they ended up sucking eggs?
Well it is his opinion. However, I find that I end up disagreeing with him most of the time.
Do you have specific examples?

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

king_ghidorah wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:
Do you have specific examples?
He’s a big Disney Star Wars fan and didn’t like Infinity War

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Doesn't mean Kong still might be the winner which he'll probably is being the mammal.
If Kong wins it will be because he is the underdog not because of a pro-mammal/anti-reptile stance.
You think the tortoise beat the hare because Aesop liked reptiles more than mammals?

MonarchGoji
Monarch Researcher

Post by MonarchGoji »

Could anyone tell me in private who is the winner?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:If Kong wins it will be because he is the underdog not because of a pro-mammal/anti-reptile stance.
You think the tortoise beat the hare because Aesop liked reptiles more than mammals?
People will however probably assume that will be the case.