Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by king_ghidorah »

Well I kind of hope they team up and that MG does actually give them a run for their money combined

Kaijucifer
G-Grasper

Post by Kaijucifer »

I'd rather Godzilla straight up win than "not lose". I'm done with them games, either Godzilla wins or I don't care for the movie. Didn't wait to see these two meet again to have Godzilla get robbed of a Victory AGAIN. Why TF else would you have a rematch?
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

"Team up" is a very loose term.

Some people think it means, "Godzilla and Kong team up shake hands and fight the bigger threat", I think most of us understand that's not the case.

What the very most likely situation is, Godzilla and Kong fight to the absolute bloodiest of tooth and claw, and fists. They're tired, wheezing, not entirely cohesive, and that's when Mechagodzilla comes through to finish them both off. To finish off the Kings of the Monsters once and for all, so that they can weaponize the remaining titans (if there even are any left).

They realize they need each other if they're to stop this false-king.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

I’m expecting something like at the end of Jurassic World

Kaijucifer
G-Grasper

Post by Kaijucifer »

I've recently began debating what exactly Sayaka implied by the winner. He didn't outright say who wins but "implied" Godzilla wins, but he could also have trolled us/fooled us into thinking Godzilla wins with the "I think the winner is the one you want." And "Long live the King!" He did say Godzilla will fight Mechagodzilla, and that whoever fights Mechagodzilla first is the winner, but none of that is a 100 percent confirmation of the winner, and I'm worried that it's not Godzilla who wins.
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Kaijucifer wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:24 pm I've recently began debating what exactly Sayaka implied by the winner. He didn't outright say who wins but "implied" Godzilla wins, but he could also have trolled us/fooled us into thinking Godzilla wins with the "I think the winner is the one you want." And "Long live the King!" He did say Godzilla will fight Mechagodzilla, and that whoever fights Mechagodzilla first is the winner, but none of that is a 100 percent confirmation of the winner, and I'm worried that it's not Godzilla who wins.
Purely from a cinematic perspective, it wouldn't make sense to have Kong and Mechagodzilla fight first. The masses would have no idea why he's involved in the story, it'd be entirely random, and Kong isn't blind, he can see the difference between a mech and flesh. So I doubt he falls for some kind of trick.

It'd make the most sense to have Godzilla face Mechagodzilla first, maybe tire him out, and then Kong comes in for their 2nd fight with a Godzilla at 50% strength.

So I'd say it's Godzilla who wins if that's what we're basing it off of.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Kaijucifer wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:24 pm I've recently began debating what exactly Sayaka implied by the winner. He didn't outright say who wins but "implied" Godzilla wins, but he could also have trolled us/fooled us into thinking Godzilla wins with the "I think the winner is the one you want." And "Long live the King!" He did say Godzilla will fight Mechagodzilla, and that whoever fights Mechagodzilla first is the winner, but none of that is a 100 percent confirmation of the winner, and I'm worried that it's not Godzilla who wins.
Why are you so worked up over the idea of Godzilla losing? It's not like it'll be some embarrassing, humiliating moment. He's going up against someone pretty much equal to him, whoever wins will just gain more respect. And I don't think Sayaka was trolling... you seem a bit paranoid about Gman losing. Try to chill a bit... (not to sound condescending)

Monke
Interpol Agent

Post by Monke »

While I will admit I dont want to know the winner until I see the movie, I would guess the loser of GvK gets the KO on the mechaGodzilla/ghidorah
Scenarios:
- Godzilla beats Kong, Kong gets the final KO
- Kong beats Godzilla, Godzilla gets the final KO

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:34 pm Take this with a grain of salt but my cousin talked me today as he knows I like Godzilla. Apparently MechaG isn't going to be a strong as we think. He says he was told that MechaG uses the fact that Godzilla and Kong are exhausted to gain the upper hand and the movie will make clear that MechaGodzilla is no match for a fresh Godzilla which is why Kong is brought in in the first place.

Kong is the last Titan that is discovered at this point that could challenge Godzilla and MechaG takes advantage of this. For any WWE fans here MechaG was described as the Money in the Bank winner.

Personally my cousin wouldn't lie to me but his friend could be pulling my leg, this wouldn't be the first time my cousin has passed me info that sounded fun but wasn't accurate.

So grain of salt as I said.
As far as I know from....someone....that MechaG is described as "powerful as f*ck"

Added in 1 minute 9 seconds:
I think Godzilla vs Kong fight, Godzilla wins but is weakened. MechaG shows up and finishes off Godzilla
Long Live The King

Kaijucifer
G-Grasper

Post by Kaijucifer »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:28 pm
Why are you so worked up over the idea of Godzilla losing? It's not like it'll be some embarrassing, humiliating moment. He's going up against someone pretty much equal to him, whoever wins will just gain more respect. And I don't think Sayaka was trolling... you seem a bit paranoid about Gman losing. Try to chill a bit... (not to sound condescending)
I don't think anyone should be concerned about me being obsessed with Godzilla winning. I get that it's just entertainment, but different strokes for different folks. I have 9 solid reasons that I've been contemplating that say why Godzilla winning is the best outcome. I could list them, but I don't want be subject to weird looks should people find that odd that I care that much.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

How many fatalities are we expecting? Not just outright shoot-em-till he drops deaths, as every death in the MV has been a unique MK-esque fatality, so what are we expecting for this one?

- MechaG is a probable given, though it's not living flesh, the pilot could be Serizawas son who dies after getting the cockpit donkey kong punched into MechaGs chest.

- Rodan, hopefully not but I can see Kong and him duking it out like he did with the Pterosaur in the 33 film, resulting in his wing getting broke, and then his jaw getting tore open, which pisses Godzilla off.

- the rest of the titans probably catch individual fatalities from Mechagodzilla
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:37 pm How many fatalities are we expecting? Not just outright shoot-em-till he drops deaths, as every death in the MV has been a unique MK-esque fatality, so what are we expecting for this one?

- MechaG is a probable given, though it's not living flesh, the pilot could be Serizawas son who dies after getting the cockpit donkey kong punched into MechaGs chest.

- Rodan, hopefully not but I can see Kong and him duking it out like he did with the Pterosaur in the 33 film, resulting in his wing getting broke, and then his jaw getting tore open, which pisses Godzilla off.

- the rest of the titans probably catch individual fatalities from Mechagodzilla
One. Madison Russell

Monke
Interpol Agent

Post by Monke »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:37 pm How many fatalities are we expecting? Not just deaths, every death in the MV has been an MK fatality, so what are we expecting for this one?

3 fatalities is a safe bet. Kong is probably going to take out a skullcrawler or wabat. Godzilla may take something out, but I am expecting a heisei styled rampage during the movie. And then MechaG/KG will take something out to demonstrate strength.

As for Rodan, I think he'll be safe if anything.

I do hope that the final fatality is a combo with Godzilla and Kong. Something like Kong doing the jaw breaker followed by an atomic breath blast

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

I’ll never understand how Godzilla losing could ruin an entire film for someone but if that’s how you want to see this film, have at it I guess.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

I don't care whoever wins as long as the movie is well made.

Monke
Interpol Agent

Post by Monke »

I don't have a preference to who wins. I'll be going in open minded and seeing how the story plays out. If the story inclines me to lean a certain way, I'll do just that. First and foremost hope its a great flick

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Monke wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:59 pm I don't have a preference to who wins. I'll be going in open minded and seeing how the story plays out. If the story inclines me to lean a certain way, I'll do just that. First and foremost hope its a great flick
I agree completely

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I think that's the general consensus. Can't go into a VS film thinking one fanbase will win over the other.

Kaijucifer
G-Grasper

Post by Kaijucifer »

Jason won in Freddy vs Jason. Predator won in Alien vs Predator, Humans won in the sequel. King Kong won in King Kong vs Godzilla. I'm sure there are other movies where one side won over the other. Godzilla vs Kong promised it would be one. I just hope they don't screw over the Godzilla fans who waited 59 years to see THEIR favorite win the rematch. Whole reason I was interested in this movie to begin with was to settle the debate on who's better/stronger. I don't take kindly to the concept that no matter how strong Godzilla evolves to be, Kong can be written to just scale to his level and win in the end regardless.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Kaijucifer wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:24 pm Jason won in Freddy vs Jason. Predator won in Alien vs Predator, Humans won in the sequel. King Kong won in King Kong vs Godzilla. I'm sure there are other movies where one side won over the other. Godzilla vs Kong promised it would be one. I just hope they don't screw over the Godzilla fans who waited 59 years to see THEIR favorite win the rematch. Whole reason I was interested in this movie to begin with was to settle the debate on who's better/stronger. I don't take kindly to the concept that no matter how strong Godzilla evolves to be, Kong can be written to just scale to his level and win in the end regardless.
The Predators and Aliens died in AVP, The Predator and the Aliens died in AVP:R, the final scene in Freddy vs Jason, where Jason is holding Freddy's head was a potential dream sequence in Jason's conscious post mortem. King Kong "won" because they both fell into water, in their original battle.

They won't have Kong win both fights, but you can't have 3 fights with Godzilla winning every one of them, that's just not feasible.