Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Thunderbird
Monsterland Worker

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by Thunderbird »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Chris55 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Gidzilla doesnt use his breath and all Kong has to do is get physically strong enough to grapple with him.

Godzilla 's breath has always been deadly to Kong.
No it hasn't. All it really did was just singe his fur.
Didn't Kong get dropped and knocked out by a few canisters of gasoline that caused fire to spread across a lake in K:SI? I think a focused blast of radioactive heat from Godzilla would definitely be deadlier and much more formidable
The original Kong vs Godzilla was nothing but wrestling slapstick, so Tsuburaya kept things light and never showed Kong taking a direct nuke breath like Angilas did in '55. Either a tree gets in the way or Godzilla conveniently aims at Kong's feet. All for the lulz and to artificially extend the fight to make Kong look even remotely competitive.

I hope Wingard goes for the throat and depicts what would really happen.

#KentuckyFriedKong
#FreddyKrugeredKong
#KongKebab

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Chris55 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Do you really expect Kong to do nothing but dodge Godzilla's attacks?
Gidzilla doesnt use his breath and all Kong has to do is get physically strong enough to grapple with him.

Godzilla 's breath has always been deadly to Kong.
No it hasn't. All it really did was just singe his fur.
Because Kong immediately got out the way. Any extended blast would have been lights out.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

I’m sure the thing that knocked Kong out was oxygen deprivation than the actual flames. He’s was standing in the flames for a good while, along him being unbothered by the explosions of the helicopters going off in his hands. We can only imagine what he will be like for GvK.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Tyrant28 wrote:I’m sure the thing that knocked Kong out was oxygen deprivation than the actual flames. He’s was standing in the flames for a good while, along him being unbothered by the explosions of the helicopters going off in his hands. We can only imagine what he will be like for GvK.
The helicopter blade fucked his hand up
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

gottatalktothefake wrote:
Tyrant28 wrote:I’m sure the thing that knocked Kong out was oxygen deprivation than the actual flames. He’s was standing in the flames for a good while, along him being unbothered by the explosions of the helicopters going off in his hands. We can only imagine what he will be like for GvK.
The helicopter blade skreeonked his hand up
It is pretty irrelevant to compare a solid mass made of things such as titanium and steel, and being rotated at rapid speeds, to the shockwave and heat of an explosion. Pretty much the same as the “Muto vs Castle Bravo bomb” argument.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

gottatalktothefake wrote:
The helicopter blade skreeonked his hand up
That was one of my favorite moments in KSI totally realistic and not something we've seen before. Plus Kong's expression is priceless.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Kong in both the Showa and Monsterverse does seem to have some degree of heat resilience. He sure as hell is gonna need that to go up against Godzilla, especially after his
Spoiler:
two power-ups.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Also keep in mind that the Kong we see in Skull Island is "still growing".

I expect the Kong we see in Godzilla Vs. Kong to be more powerful and more capable against Godzilla's powers and abilities.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

I expect Kong to come in, charging full force, only for Godzilla to nuclear pulse him into oblivion.
Last edited by Ben Shapiro on Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Facts don't care about your feelings

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

The second power up is probably temporary guys
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

Obvious joke was obvious.
Facts don't care about your feelings

Thunderbird
Monsterland Worker

Post by Thunderbird »

Ben Shapiro wrote:I expect Kong to come in, charging full force, only for Godzilla to nuclear pulse him into oblivion.
I expect Godzilla to ambush and kill Kong during the opening credits.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

So it seems Titans have invaded Skull Island. Very interesting why they would even do this. Just trying to find a good biome I guess?
Long Live The King

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Hokmuto wrote:So it seems Titans have invaded Skull Island. Very interesting why they would even do this. Just trying to find a good biome I guess?
Where the sh*t are you pulling that from?
GO GO GOJI KUN

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Hokmuto wrote:So it seems Titans have invaded Skull Island. Very interesting why they would even do this. Just trying to find a good biome I guess?
When did this happen?

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

Sayaka said it happened at his screening
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

GoWhaleTours wrote:
Where the sh*t are you pulling that from?
Sayaka said this.
Long Live The King

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

That would be insane, you just see a calm island with maybe Kong briefly walking by or in the distance, then all of a sudden out of the thunder clouds surrounding the biome, Kaijus just skreeokin burst through roaring and running full speed
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

If GvK opened with Kong destroying some titans in his home turf that'd be pretty kino
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Kong could bust maybe 4 heads in his intro, then cut to him looking over at the clouds noticing it's possible to escape.

Cut to Godzilla whooping all kinds of ass in the sea, maybe dragging some poor kaiju to the deep depths.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira