Could Ultraman ever be worked into the Monsterverse?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
LegendZilla
Sazer

Could Ultraman ever be worked into the Monsterverse?

Post by LegendZilla »

Hey there, LegendZilla here once again.

I was wondering, since many of you would like it if somehow Gamera worked his way into the Monsterverse, how would you feel if they resorted to using Ultraman instead? I for one is in the minority who would rather see Ultraman himself eventually be featured by Legendary in a future film. How do you feel about this idea?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Re: Could Ultraman ever be worked into the Monsterverse?

Post by Hokmuto »

Nah; incredibly unrealistic.
Long Live The King

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Nope.

The monsterverse has pretty clearly established the direction it's taking, and i don't think ultraman is going to fit into the world of megafauna found in the monsterverse. Hell, i can't believe i'm saying this, but even gamera would make more sense. At least he's an actual monster.

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

They could dip their toes in with Jet Jaguar first. Then they can do a deal to have Ultraman in a future film.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

No I feel there's no place for him. Gamera would fit even more and even then I too think he has no place in the MonsterVerse. If the latter and Ultraman are to return I'd rather they come back in their own standalone films in new settings.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Sure why not lets have him, hell lets have every Ultraman. If the leaks of KOTM seem to be any indicator, why the skreeonk should we give any skreeonks.

But really, I just don't see him appearing in the MV. You have a better chance of seeing him in World of Godzilla.... even then Jet Jaguar and Zone Fighter are more likely.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

Never ever in a billion years.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

Only if we get a Scooby Doo/Godzilla crossover first. Oh, and then the obvious next choice would be Looney Tunes.
Last edited by BARAGONBREH on Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^How exactly is a Gamera more realistic than Ultraman?

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

LegendZilla wrote:^How exactly is a Gamera more realistic than Ultraman?
Because Gamera, if you don't take into account the flying thing, it's just a giant turtle that breathes fire
And even the flying without wings could be worked with a little bit of science.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Probably not, no.

If there's ever another American Godzilla-King Kong series after the MonsterVerse is done, then perhaps Ultraman could crossover into that, but not for the MonsterVerse.

PHRHD
Samurai

Post by PHRHD »

I could see an interpretation of Jet Jaguar coming into play. But ONLY if they opted in for that insane Pacific Rim/Godzilla crossover that's been tossed around before. Jet Jaguar is a crazy advanced Jaeger utilizing some sort of alien tech that allows him to grow after his AI overtakes his programming.
Check out my Godzilla Fan Forum! Click the Banner Below! :D

Win a NECA Shin Godzilla Action Figure on Monarch Sciences!

Resized Image

ray243
Monarch Researcher

Post by ray243 »

If MCU can go from this:

to this:

I don't see why Ultraman can't be part of the universe. The only issue is you need to introduce the more fantastical elements gradually. And there's various Ultraman origins you can use for monsterverse. You can go with the ancient/mystical origin of Ultraman in Tiga/Dyna, Ultraman from M78 Nebula, Ultraman from Mars, Ultraman from Noa-verse.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

No, he's not nearly marketable enough for the effort of putting him in the monsterverse

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Absolutely! I'd love to see him in there, and think he'd fit in very nicely. They could draw on the parts of the backstory involving some ancient peoples worshipping the Ultras as gods to integrate them in (it's the same "in" they have with Gamera, considering the backstory about him being the creation of an ancient lost civilization seems pretty on-point with the rest of the MonsterVerse so far). Hell, they could even use MONARCH as a stand-in for the Science Patrol, considering it's more a science-based organization.

Honestly, I surprised so many people in this thread have dismissed the idea!

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

ray243 wrote:If MCU can go from this:

to this:

I don't see why Ultraman can't be part of the universe. The only issue is you need to introduce the more fantastical elements gradually. And there's various Ultraman origins you can use for monsterverse. You can go with the ancient/mystical origin of Ultraman in Tiga/Dyna, Ultraman from M78 Nebula, Ultraman from Mars, Ultraman from Noa-verse.
Yup. Like clockwork.

"MCU did this one thing that sucked but made money, so there's no reason whatsoever that this other franchise can do this totally different thing and make it not suck and also make money!"

Monsterverse Ultraman isn't happening no matter what Marvel did, does, or will do in the future.
Last edited by BARAGONBREH on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Legendary is gonna get cucked out of their only successful productions in like 2 years, they're probably gonna be desperate enough for Ultraman. Assuming they don't go bankrupt that is....
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Legendary is gonna get cucked out of their only successful productions in like 2 years, they're probably gonna be desperate enough for Ultraman. Assuming they don't go bankrupt that is....
This is a fair point. Legendary is not doing well at all. Ultraman would be the final nail in their coffin though, not to mention nobody would invest in such a project anyway.
Last edited by BARAGONBREH on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

You have a better chance of them bringing Zone Fighter back & updating him for the times since Toho owns his character rights.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Lmfao, no.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking