Your fears for Godzilla King of the Monsters

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Your fears for Godzilla King of the Monsters

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Smuggers wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:and it's not like the Nolan Bat trilogy didn't have any stupid moments as well.
Does the entire third movie count?
Ahhhhhhhhhhh yes, definitely.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Smuggers wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:and it's not like the Nolan Bat trilogy didn't have any stupid moments as well.
Ouch......Hey Nolan. If you read the post above the Aloe Vera is in aisle 3.

MrRockett
JXSDF Technician

Post by MrRockett »

goji89 wrote:
Smuggers wrote:
Ouch......Hey Nolan. If you read the post above the Aloe Vera is in aisle 3.

Remember when everyone thought Nolan was the best ever? Cameron...Spielberg, Abrams, Lucas, Scott....

Yeah, people are great until they're not....

Maybe the multi-director approach for the Monsterverse is a good thing, that way expectations are not constantly rising.
goji89 wrote:King Gonorrhea
I've turned over a new leaf, and it's still just a leaf so I guess I'm still the same a-hole I've always been just now with two leaves.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

My fear? Honestly, that it flops financially and critically which I obviously doubt (when it comes to critically, that’s more worriesome at the moment) but still have that nagging feeling in the back of my head
Last edited by Hokmuto on Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The King

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

comment deleted.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Hokmuto wrote:My fear? Honestly, that it flops financially and critically which I obviously doubt (when it comes to critically, that’s more worriesome at the moment) but still have that nagging feeling in the back of my head
Why? The test screening responses have been phenomenal. And Vieweranon is the movie critic type who is very in tune with critics and he loves it.

But otherwise I agree
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

gottatalktothefake wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:My fear? Honestly, that it flops financially and critically which I obviously doubt (when it comes to critically, that’s more worriesome at the moment) but still have that nagging feeling in the back of my head
Why? The test screening responses have been phenomenal. And Vieweranon is the movie critic type who is very in tune with critics and he loves it.

But otherwise I agree
The BvS is test screenings were very positive, but well, we know what happened once it officially got released. For some odd reason, I’m just worried about that.
Long Live The King

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Even if this movie does succeed financially, I am starting to doubt it will critically. Especially with information regarding all the Micheal Bay-esque cringeworthy humour littered throughout the film, that will likely tarnish it almost completely for many, that along with the likelihood of gaping plot holes here and there. At this rate, the movie can only succeed in one out of two ways : either finically or critically as I just stated.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Lord...
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Troyal1
Interpol Agent

Post by Troyal1 »

LegendZilla wrote:Even if this movie does succeed financially, I am starting to doubt it will critically. Especially with information regarding all the Micheal Bay-esque cringeworthy humour littered throughout the film, that will likely tarnish it almost completely for many, that along with the likelihood of gaping plot holes here and there. At this rate, the movie can only succeed in one out of two ways : either finically or critically as I just stated.
Plot holes?

This isn’t a spoiler thread so tag it but I can’t recall reading anything like that in the leaks. Also again with the humor. I don’t like it. But I really don’t think we’ve seen nearly enough to compare this to a MB film. MB films have a near constant barrage of awful jokes... among many, MANY other problems.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^At least I did not specify what the plot holes are, so I’m not sure if that’s enough to warrant a spoiler tag.

Troyal1
Interpol Agent

Post by Troyal1 »

LegendZilla wrote:^At least I did not specify what the plot holes are, so I’m not sure if that’s enough to warrant a spoiler tag.
Nah man I meant if you’d like to post examples here you should use the spoiler tag. Sorry for the confusion :)

I said that because earlier today I accidentally posted a mega spoiler in the non spoliers section(I forgot where I was at Lol).

If you don’t mind I’d love to hear what you are taking as a plot hole. I legitimately am not remembering reading about that.
Last edited by Troyal1 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Troyal1 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:^At least I did not specify what the plot holes are, so I’m not sure if that’s enough to warrant a spoiler tag.
Nah man I meant if you’d like to post examples here you should use the spoiler tag. Sorry for the confusion :)

I said that because earlier today I accidentally posted a mega spoiler in the non spoliers section(I forgot where I was at Lol).

If you don’t mind I’d love to hear what you are taking as a plot hole. I legitimately am not remembering reading about that.
I am talking about the scene where
Spoiler:
Serizawa uses a nuke to revive Godzilla. A ton of double standards with that scene.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

LegendZilla wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Spoiler:
Serizawa uses a nuke to revive Godzilla. A ton of double standards with that scene.
How is that even a plot hole?
Long Live The King

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Hokmuto wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Spoiler:
How is that even a plot hole?
I don't understand how is it a plot hole either. Seems that people are still under the subconcious impression that Ichiro is the same character as Daisuke, when he clearly isn't. And seriously, the scene is not even described positively- it's a tragic necessity.
Spoiler:
And tbh, it ain't that much worse than the Prime Minister of Japan keeping an entire nuclear submarine in his storage, and just conveniently happened to be used to revive and mutate the Godzillasaurus (yes, it was already Godzilla when they reached the point, but the intent was still there).
Last edited by Dv-218 on Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:36 am, edited 5 times in total.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

I'm awaiting the Steve Ryfle article about that scene
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

WHOM WILL WIN??? Actual in-plot reasoning, or an unfair comparison to a 1954 movie with a completely different approach to the story and subject at hand it's not even trying to live up to, knowing it aims for a completely different goal?
Last edited by Dv-218 on Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Dv-218 wrote:WHOM WILL WIN??? Actual in-plot reasoning, or an unfair comparison to a 1954 movie with a completely different approach to the story and subject at hand it's not even trying to live up to, knowing it aims for a completely different goal?
I mean playing devil's advocate here that scene does intentionally draw parallels/contrasts with the original '54 scene
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

G2000 wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:WHOM WILL WIN??? Actual in-plot reasoning, or an unfair comparison to a 1954 movie with a completely different approach to the story and subject at hand it's not even trying to live up to, knowing it aims for a completely different goal?
I mean playing devil's advocate here that scene does intentionally draw parallels/contrasts with the original '54 scene
Spoiler:
Does it though? It's honestly hard to tell since we didn't actually see it yet. The only similarity is that a character with the family name "Serizawa" sacrifices himself for the greater good. If it will be a reference tho, then yeah, you do have a good point. I hope that it's not played out as a positive thing in the film.
Sh*t, forgot to put spoiler tags before. Sorry to those who have seen it, I deeply apologize :lol:
Last edited by Dv-218 on Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Dv-218 wrote:
Spoiler:
Does it though? It's honestly hard to tell since we didn't actually see it yet. The only similarity is that a character with the family name "Serizawa" sacrifices himself for the greater good. If it will be a reference tho, then yeah, you do have a good point. I hope that it's not played out as a positive thing in the film.
Sh*t, forgot to put spoiler tags before. Sorry to those who have seen it, I deeply apologize :lol:
I mean I'd say that in and of itself invites comparison, and that must have been intentional on Dougherty's part (being a fan and all)
Spoiler:
And like the original he does don a big diving suit to carry the superweapon along with him to Godzilla's resting place
Last edited by G2000 on Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST