Godzilla: King of the Monsters PHOTO THREAD

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla: King of the Monsters PHOTO THREAD

Post by GFAN198423 »

You have to pay for downloads, but I'm a big fan of this site for finding highest resolution copies of most images, though I do suggest patiences sometimes, I find it can be one of the first to have things but then a day or two later other sites have the same thing free. It's like $10 USD for 100 downloads, worth it to me.

https://www.moviestillsdb.com/movies/go ... s-i3741700

Lots of movies can be found their, though the selection for Godzilla 2014 and Kong Skull Island are a bit thin, I pretty much got everything for those films elsewhere for free.

I'm big on following hashtags on Twitter and Instagram, those prove fruitful.

Added in 2 hours 2 minutes 35 seconds:
More High Res photos courtesy of Collider.

http://collider.com/godzilla-king-of-th ... ce=twitter

Added in 1 day 15 hours 16 minutes 16 seconds:

Added in 7 hours 10 minutes 38 seconds:

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

This version of the pic seems more HD to me.

https://twitter.com/Whalezilla2/status/ ... 48993?s=19
Formerly known as kurtzilla

BrazilianKaiju
Samurai

Post by BrazilianKaiju »

His head is so tiny.....

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

It really isn't.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

BrazilianKaiju wrote:His head is so tiny.....

Nightmare fuel...... The horror the absolute horror.

BrazilianKaiju
Samurai

Post by BrazilianKaiju »

He have a stegosaurus proportions:

His neck is bulky and his hind legs are larger (because he is biped). He is a biped stegosaurus.

Yes, a stegosaurus, an animal with a head so small that made scientists theorize that it could have a second brain in the hip. Stegosaurus' head was the size of a horse, but the dinosaur was 7 meters and a few tons.

The head of the legendary goji is definitively really tiny.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Nah, it looks fine.

BrazilianKaiju
Samurai

Post by BrazilianKaiju »

He becomes kinda "stupid" to me.

If he had the height of an average man, his head would have the same size than a poodle's head. For an animal that attacks with bites, I would rather he have a larger head / jaws.

His face is pretty beautiful, too. It would deserve to be larger. :lol:
Last edited by BrazilianKaiju on Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

I remember from a recent interview that they purposely reduced his head size and broadened the shoulders to make him look more imposing.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Oh stop it lmao. This Godzilla has to be the most/if not one of the most imposing Godzillas we've had yet. His head is proportionate.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Finally, a real, high res copy of this image.

Added in 1 minute 6 seconds:
The color scheme matches with that used in the Japanese poster with Godzilla squaring off with Ghidorah, wonder if this is a fragment of a larger piece, what with the rockets and Godzilla roaring off at something that would be in a panel to the right.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

GFAN198423 wrote:Image
Can't help but notice the 98 film is missing from that set up, lol.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

GojiDog wrote:
GFAN198423 wrote:Image
Can't help but notice the 98 film is missing from that set up, lol.
As it should

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Not a fan of how small King Ghidorah looks in comparison to Godzilla's fat self in the first photo of this page. And whenever there is a wide shot showing off Godzilla's profile view in all his glory, it's almost as if the film switches the Godzilla model to one that's sculpted way differently. Why is this dude so bulky? Like, there's a clear difference between that one and the statue, can't quite put my finger on what it is tho (as in where he's fatter)
Image Image

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

KingKong2005 wrote:Not a fan of how small King Ghidorah looks in comparison to Godzilla's fat self in the first photo of this page. And whenever there is a wide shot showing off Godzilla's profile view in all his glory, it's almost as if the film switches the Godzilla model to one that's sculpted way differently. Why is this dude so bulky? Like, there's a clear difference between that one and the statue, can't quite put my finger on what it is tho (as in where he's fatter)
I know right! Every time someone calls this Godzilla fat i'm like "nah". But then I see shots like that and it literally looks like they blew him up like a balloon.
GO GO GOJI KUN

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

GoWhaleTours wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:Not a fan of how small King Ghidorah looks in comparison to Godzilla's fat self in the first photo of this page. And whenever there is a wide shot showing off Godzilla's profile view in all his glory, it's almost as if the film switches the Godzilla model to one that's sculpted way differently. Why is this dude so bulky? Like, there's a clear difference between that one and the statue, can't quite put my finger on what it is tho (as in where he's fatter)
I know right! Every time someone calls this Godzilla fat i'm like "nah". But then I see shots like that and it literally looks like they blew him up like a balloon.
It's called Perspective distortion. When a certain object is been captured at a wide or long angle in a film than what it is supposed to look at a normal view, the object would look distorted thus changing its proportion. That wide shot of Godzilla is definitely been stretched in some way.
Last edited by ultrazilla on Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

Those white background renders with the tiny head look weird as hell, and don’t line up at all with the posters or trailers.

Edit: Looking more closely, this perceived difference is an illusion. When Godzilla’s head is lined up with his shoulder and arm at a side angle, his head looks kind of tiny. But when the camera changes angles, notably from the front, the head looks a bit larger. Ironically it’s not really decreasing the head size that’s throwing us off, it’s increasing the shoulders/arms size.
Last edited by LockBite on Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Whatever people think of the head proportion, not much has changed from 2014.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LockBite wrote:Those white background renders with the tiny head look weird as hell, and don’t line up at all with the posters or trailers.
It's a bad idea to base the design's proportions and details off of renders from marketing. They're edited to hell and back, case in point: the Godzilla in the poster is a composite of at least four different renders.

The only way to compare the two designs would be through screenshots from the final film which we obviously can't do cause KOTM isn't out yet.