Godzilla: King of the Monsters - General Discussion

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
Petezilla
G-Grasper

Re: Godzilla ² General Discussion [SPOILERS]

Postby Petezilla » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:43 am

I just stumbled upon a short 1 min (pirated?) clip from the movie of an aerial battle showing King Ghidorah VS Mothra AND Rodan. It's very blurry but it looks and sounds just too legit and goooood, too! :shock:
Size DOES matter!

Gojira18
G-Grasper

Postby Gojira18 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:47 am

Petezilla wrote:I just stumbled upon a short 1 min (pirated?) clip from the movie of an aerial battle showing King Ghidorah VS Mothra AND Rodan. It's very blurry but it looks and sounds just too legit and goooood, too! :shock:

Fan made.

Petezilla
G-Grasper

Postby Petezilla » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:27 am

Gojira18 wrote:
Petezilla wrote:I just stumbled upon a short 1 min (pirated?) clip from the movie of an aerial battle showing King Ghidorah VS Mothra AND Rodan. It's very blurry but it looks and sounds just too legit and goooood, too! :shock:

Fan made.

How do you know? Did you see it? If that's fan made, I bow to the creator(s), since they weaved in original trailer snippets seamlessly then. The clip is titled: "Rodan and Mothra vs King Ghidorah". Watch for yourself and decide.

Added in 3 minutes 15 seconds:
Gojira18 wrote:

Fan made.

Nevermind, I see. Nicely done, though.
Size DOES matter!

LockBite
Interpol Agent

Postby LockBite » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:02 am

SAYAKA wrote:Cgi is not bad, but it's not as realistic as 2014 and Skull Island. Sometimes it looks like oil painting or cartoon. Maybe it's because of different styles?

Definitely the first truly bad news about the film, especially shameful considering how long it’s been “finished.”

Anguirus
G-Grasper

Postby Anguirus » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:17 am

LockBite wrote:
SAYAKA wrote:Cgi is not bad, but it's not as realistic as 2014 and Skull Island. Sometimes it looks like oil painting or cartoon. Maybe it's because of different styles?

Definitely the first truly bad news about the film, especially shameful considering how long it’s been “finished.”

Yikes, I was hoping the trailer scene of Godzilla and King Ghidorah would look a lot better on the big screen, because the CGI in that scene didn’t impress me sadly.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Postby gottatalktothefake » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:28 am

Eh, as long as it isn't bad CG I can live with it
Legit, every KoTM hater I have ever seen on social media or interacted with are all the same. They are either these young kids to middle aged adults so detached from anything beyond the Japanese films that they can't enjoy anything that doesn't begin with one of the Toho logos. They're the type that would of had no issues with KoTM if it was a Japanese-made production and think films like Godzilla vs. Monster Zero are the pinnacle of human drama.
-MM

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Postby GoWhaleTours » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:29 am

One thing that's confusing me is the talk of Mothra's song. Mike has said that they were using Ifukube music, and Bear McCreary's score sheet mentions Ifukube, but the original Mother song was by Yuji Koseki.
GO GO GOJI KUN

GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy

Postby GFAN198423 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:31 am

Good/bad is so subjective, especially with SFX, I judge based on what I see, so far the clips in trailers and ads have blown me away.

If anything, I take this comment more to do with how there's the storms and everything, I feel like some "realism" of the overall look may seem lost because the shots are arranged to almost look like a work of art than any real environment any human has ever been in. In that regard, Godzilla 2014 was highly realistic, there wasn't anything surreal looking to the landscapes, it almost could be a documentary about monsters loose in the city, where the shots for this film look extremely artsy and cinematic.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Postby gottatalktothefake » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:38 am

GFAN198423 wrote:Good/bad is so subjective, especially with SFX, I judge based on what I see, so far the clips in trailers and ads have blown me away.

If anything, I take this comment more to do with how there's the storms and everything, I feel like some "realism" of the overall look may seem lost because the shots are arranged to almost look like a work of art than any real environment any human has ever been in. In that regard, Godzilla 2014 was highly realistic, there wasn't anything surreal looking to the landscapes, it almost could be a documentary about monsters loose in the city, where the shots for this film look extremely artsy and cinematic.

^There is also this

The models and movement we have seen are on par with the last two entries IMO.
Legit, every KoTM hater I have ever seen on social media or interacted with are all the same. They are either these young kids to middle aged adults so detached from anything beyond the Japanese films that they can't enjoy anything that doesn't begin with one of the Toho logos. They're the type that would of had no issues with KoTM if it was a Japanese-made production and think films like Godzilla vs. Monster Zero are the pinnacle of human drama.
-MM

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Postby Ben Shapiro » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:55 am

I think you people need to be more skeptic around here.
Facts don't care about your feelings

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:01 pm

Ben Shapiro wrote:I think you people need to be more skeptic around here.

You'd think after the multiple trolls and fake leakers they would be

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Postby Ben Shapiro » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:07 pm

I’m going to burst everyone’s little bubble right now, this guy’s a reddit troll, and the fact you’ve blindly listened to him without a bit of evidence is insane lol

There’s too many red flags with this dude.
Last edited by Ben Shapiro on Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:11 pm

Ben Shapiro wrote:I’m going to burst everyone’s little bubble right now, this guy’s a reddit troll, and the fact you’ve blindly listened to him without a bit of evidence is insane lol

Ben coming in the facts

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Postby gottatalktothefake » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:13 pm

Ben Shapiro wrote:I’m going to burst everyone’s little bubble right now, this guy’s a reddit troll, and the fact you’ve blindly listened to him without a bit of evidence is insane lol

Please divulge the information
-MM

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Postby Ben Shapiro » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:21 pm

Sure, this guy began popping up in the subs pertaining to the plot leak with even phonier broken English than he uses here and tried piggybacking off the overall leaks, only proclaiming to have heard (second hand I might add), more detail that conflicted mildly with the summary written (yet the version his friend saw was before the August screening)

Back then, he said he got all his information via a friend and acted like he had no clue who these characters were, constantly referred to Rodan as the bird, now he knows everything, and has photogenic memeory of the Titans he’s never seen for himself.
Last edited by Ben Shapiro on Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MoarCrossovers
Kwaidan

Postby MoarCrossovers » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:24 pm

All I want to know is if Ghidorah is a space monster.
Komenja wrote:"Rematch! Rematch! Oodako's comin' back for the title!"

https://vk.com/video224433251_166145954

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:26 pm

Birdman wrote:All I want to know is if Ghidorah is a space monster.

That was covered in the test screening leaks. He is, they mention it in passing in the film

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Postby GoWhaleTours » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:26 pm

Ben Shapiro wrote:Sure, this guy began popping up in the subs pertaining to the plot leak with even phonier broken English than he uses here and tried piggybacking off the overall leaks, only proclaiming to have heard (second hand I might add), more detail that conflicted mildly with the summary written (yet the version his friend saw was before the August screening)

Back then, he said he got all his information via a friend and acted like he had no clue who these characters were, constantly referred to Rodan as the bird, now he knows everything, and has photogenic memeory of the Titans he’s never seen for himself.

well u/sayaka doesn't exist so how do you know it's him?
GO GO GOJI KUN

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Postby Ben Shapiro » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:33 pm

He goes by a different username on Reddit.

I could probably find this dudes account if I dug through that gravity user’s posts over there.

Smuggers
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Smuggers » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:37 pm

hey guy's i sore the movie ask me anythign
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”