Godzilla King of the Monsters General Discussion [SPOILERS]

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Godzilla ² General Discussion [SPOILERS]

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:47 pm

Smuggers wrote:“The moment I saw Godzilla,” commented Inoue, “I was startled by the size of his thighs.”

He must be used to the holy Showa Godzilla.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Postby Godzilla 1986 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:41 pm

So that new image from Empire, of Godzilla looking at the submarine...I feel like that’s from the ending of the movie. From all the leaks, Godzilla never surfaces near it except for before the final fight to fire into the sky. The background isn’t as red as it would be in Mexico, so that’s ruled out. There looks like the remnants of a storm behind him, so I assume after Ghidorah is defeated the storm he creates dissipates. Just a guess.
"What are your thoughts on the Godzilla gijinkas?"

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Postby Ben Shapiro » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:33 pm

Godzilla 1986 wrote:So that new image from Empire, of Godzilla looking at the submarine...I feel like that’s from the ending of the movie. From all the leaks, Godzilla never surfaces near it except for before the final fight to fire into the sky. The background isn’t as red as it would be in Mexico, so that’s ruled out. There looks like the remnants of a storm behind him, so I assume after Ghidorah is defeated the storm he creates dissipates. Just a guess.

Either that or it’s a newly included scene.
Last edited by Ben Shapiro on Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facts don't care about your feelings

Godzilla2000Zero
Futurian

Postby Godzilla2000Zero » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:44 am

Most likely Mexico I'd imagine since color match from what we've seen likely Godzilla just saved their asses
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:59 am

So this just occurred to me. If Godzilla tames all the titans on this film does that mean anything past GvsK has to be Titans from space, man made Titans or do you think even Ghidorah couldn't wake all the Titans on Earth?
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

Godzilla2000Zero
Futurian

Postby Godzilla2000Zero » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:18 pm

miguelnuva wrote:So this just occurred to me. If Godzilla tames all the titans on this film does that mean anything past GvsK has to be Titans from space, man made Titans or do you think even Ghidorah couldn't wake all the Titans on Earth?

Well based on what we've seen already some Titans do adhere to a hierarchy like Godzilla and Mothra are the King and Queen, Kong's king on Skull Island and Rodan's chaotic neutral. Other pretty much do what ever they want the Mutos clearly didn't respect that otherwise they would have just stayed dormant and the Skullcrawlers still anatognized Skull Island even though Kong did keep them from spreading outta control. Main point is they're plenty of rogue monsters out there no matter who running things.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

VoyagerDefault
Ronin

Postby VoyagerDefault » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:21 pm

Last edited by VoyagerDefault on Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Postby Ben Shapiro » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:50 pm

Would anyone like to discuss Baphomet, Typhoon, Abaddon, Methuselah, and the Bunyip?

LockBite
Interpol Agent

Postby LockBite » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:59 pm

VoyagerDefault wrote:https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/set-visit-everything-we-learned-from-the-godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-set

The most concerning news from this article is the bit about them going for a “fun” vibe that isn’t as serious as the first. He compared it to the difference between Alien and Aliens; hopefully he’s actually right and we aren’t in for Marvel-movie comedy.

The best news is that there won’t be any “magical flying camera” shots. This pretty much rules out any of the action being filmed like the self-indulgent helicopter and boneyard sequences of Kong: Skull Island.
Last edited by LockBite on Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Postby Godzilla 1986 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:20 pm

LockBite wrote:
VoyagerDefault wrote:https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/set-visit-everything-we-learned-from-the-godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-set

The most concerning news from this article is the bit about them going for a “fun” vibe that isn’t as serious as the first. He compared it to the difference between Alien and Aliens; hopefully he’s actually right and we aren’t in for Marvel-movie comedy.

The best news is that there won’t be any “magical flying camera” shots. This pretty much rules out any of the action being filmed like the self-indulgent helicopter and boneyard sequences of Kong: Skull Island.

Not going to be a Marvel-esque comedy, by far. From all the leaks to what the people working on and acting in the movie have said, it takes itself seriously but not super overboard.

I like this directing idea. It allows the beasts to be in a much grander scope of display, when seen from our point of view.
"What are your thoughts on the Godzilla gijinkas?"

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Postby Tyrant28 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:47 pm

Well we can conclude the Bunyip is in Australia.
MrRockett wrote:They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Dv-218
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Dv-218 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:28 pm

Damn, what an epic flow of new info. Spoilery as hell, but worth a read. Makes me even more excited than I already was :D
And of course, if anyone was still doubting the leaks at this point, those interviews are basically the final nail in the coffin. It's real alright.

Intrigued by the additional Titan info. Really interested to see how the "Bunyip" titan looks in particular.

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:39 pm

Dv-218 wrote:Damn, what an epic flow of new info. Spoilery as hell, but worth a read. Makes me even more excited than I already was :D
And of course, if anyone was still doubting the leaks at this point, those interviews are basically the final nail in the coffin. It's real alright.

Intrigued by the additional Titan info. Really interested to see how the "Bunyip" titan looks in particular.

The coffin was already nailed shut, we're welding that poop closed at this point
"Next time it'll be flawless."

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Postby Ben Shapiro » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:46 pm

We have Abaddon from Cambodia, Leviathan from beneath the Indian Ocean, and Sargon of Mexico.

GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy

Postby GFAN198423 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:56 pm

If you're familiar enough with Aliens, that's not a Marvel style "fun" movie by any means, if anything, it's a classic 80s high octane fun. All the over jacked marine stuff in the beginning makes it fun without being funny. People mix fun and funny just because of word similarity.

G2000
E.S.P.Spy

Postby G2000 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:45 pm

LockBite wrote:

Comparing it to Aliens is what scared you about the movie being too funny? Not the fact that Bradley Whitford's character is based on Rick from Rick and Morty?

Aside from that little tidbit (which doesn't concern me too much seeing as overall the film seems to have a fairly consistent tone), that was a neat read. No real point to point out how much it confirms the leaks, because that's basically beating a dead horse by this point. Nice to hear about the new Titans, as well.

I do wonder if he's leading us on about the Shobijin or if there really is some sort of cameo - as hieroglyphics depicting twin priestesses, or just a pair of twins in one shot like GMK, or what?
Last edited by G2000 on Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

SAYAKA
Samurai

Postby SAYAKA » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:28 pm

Yesterday, there was a 100% completed film showing, and a lot of details were vivid, which made me so excited that I didn't fall asleep all night.

In particular, I would like to talk about the soundtrack of the movie, mothra and Godzilla themes have appeared more than three times! And according to the change of the plot, they will have different tones. That's great.

I will answer your questions positively.

Added in 5 minutes 53 seconds:
VoyagerDefault wrote:SAYAKA, can you give us details about the fight between Rodan and Mothra?

They shuttled between buildings, causing a storm that swept up vehicles on the ground. The camera focused on Milie. Millie tried to avoid the ruins and vehicles that were swept up by the storm. Mothra was gradually losing the battle, but it succeeded in using its own poison needle to defeat rodan.

Godzilla2000Zero
Futurian

Postby Godzilla2000Zero » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:35 pm

SAYAKA wrote:Yesterday, there was a 100% completed film showing, and a lot of details were vivid, which made me so excited that I didn't fall asleep all night.

In particular, I would like to talk about the soundtrack of the movie, mothra and Godzilla themes have appeared more than three times! And according to the change of the plot, they will have different tones. That's great.

I will answer your questions positively.

Are the monsters balanced

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:39 pm

At what times does the Godzilla theme appear?
"Next time it'll be flawless."

SAYAKA
Samurai

Postby SAYAKA » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:42 pm

JesstrK wrote:
SAYAKA wrote:Guys, I'm sorry I didn't reply to you until now.

Thanks for replying at all! It's a lot of questions! So, could you please tell us how many after credits scenes there are and what happens in them?

There are a lot of news and photo clips at the end of the film, and it was mentioned that Titan makes the ecosystem better (which proves Vera's point is correct).
It was mentioned that Skull Island was invaded by other monsters and that there was an ancient mural of Godzilla and Kong fighting.
Then there's Charles Dance and Ghidorah's head.

Added in 3 minutes 19 seconds:
gottatalktothefake wrote:At what times does the Godzilla theme appear?

Godzilla's theme has appeared many times. Almost every time Godzilla appears, it plays different Melody of the theme. The most impressive thing is the revival of Godzilla and the defeat of King Ghidorah by fire godzilla.
Last edited by SAYAKA on Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”