Godzilla: King of the Monsters - General Discussion

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Master Doot
GPN Volunteer

Re: Godzilla King of the Monsters General Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Master Doot »

Moogabunga wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:The trailer has apparently been rated and is 2 minutes long. This comes from Godzilla-Movies so take it with a bit of salt.
As much as I hate that site...

They haven't said anything about the trailer being rated...
Don’t think they got the memo it was that faked image from Alberta trailer ratings. It’s that same image that was spread on twitter and reddit

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Yeah the article they posted has already been altered remove any mention of the trailer being rated. Didn't even bother to add a disclaimer about their mistake. Just changed it like it never happened. :roll:
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

A very tiny taste for those who have been begging for Legendary Godzilla to fight the military

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Moogabunga wrote:A very tiny taste for those who have been begging for Legendary Godzilla to fight the military

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aSBF11F-ks
Pure epicness.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

It feels so wrong to watch after just watching the Rebirth scene for the thousandth time...

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Moogabunga wrote:A very tiny taste for those who have been begging for Legendary Godzilla to fight the military

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aSBF11F-ks
Pure epicness.
Godzilla using his atomic breath on tanks is a bit overkill, but otherwise it is super epic! This is what would happen if humanity ever went too far against him and nature. Godzilla only cares about the Earth, not us in particular. (He does consider us to be part of Earth though, so he does protect us sometimes)
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

DirektorSplennic wrote:It feels so wrong to watch after just watching the Rebirth scene for the thousandth time...
Imagine something like that happened right after the rebirth scene? :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

I actually felt that was more “Godzilla-y” than almost anything we’ve got from Legendary thus far

The Legendary take on G is a legit take but it’s not really connected to the classic G from the early 60s or the Heisei/Millenium eras that most would associate with the character.

I prefer for my Godzilla to be a tad more....anti social and chaotic when dealing with humanity. Not Gamera-lite.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

king_ghidorah wrote:I actually felt that was more “Godzilla-y” than almost anything we’ve got from Legendary thus far

The Legendary take on G is a legit take but it’s not really connected to the classic G from the early 60s or the Heisei/Millenium eras that most would associate with the character.

I prefer for my Godzilla to be a tad more....anti social and chaotic when dealing with humanity. Not Gamera-lite.
But that's basically every other Godzilla other than maybe late Showa. I find a heroic Godzilla to be refreshing personally. But I agree that he could use some more accidental destruction or a bit of non-malevolent retaliation (just getting the military off his back instead of purposefully smashing cities to pieces), maybe even some actual purposeful destruction if he was doing it to preserve the balance of nature (destroying some huge fantastical factory that's causing massive pollution or something)
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

I like a change of pace but I feel like it’s not in character for Godzilla to just take damage from the military without retaliating like in G 14 or to sidestep around naval vessels and the like.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'd compare it to a tamed dog. He could viciously maul you to death at any moment, but chooses not to because he knows you aren't a threat.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

I get that. It will never be my preferred take on Godzilla.

But as a one off for a limited series of films I’m game.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I don't mind anti hero and villian Godzilla but heroic Godzilla is how I love see him. That's how I grew up was the HB series and the 70's shows films.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Yeah, I wanna see a Godzilla who steadily cares less about the wellbeing of humans. I mean, he already kind of doesn't. He said "fuck it" and smashed through that bridge in 2014. But I want some Gamera 3 type shit. Atomic breathing through buildings to his his opponent or something.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

KingKaiju wrote:Yeah, I wanna see a Godzilla who steadily cares less about the wellbeing of humans. I mean, he already kind of doesn't. He said "skreeonk it" and smashed through that bridge in 2014. But I want some Gamera 3 type poop. Atomic breathing through buildings to his his opponent or something.
Yeah, I like him to be a hero, but not the type that gives a poop about collateral damage. If a few bugs get squished in a fight, so be it, but don't make him a jerk that crushes anthills either. In this vein, I would have liked it if he was the one to kill Sandra Brody in G14 and was shown explicitly killing Andrew by ramming the Femuto through the building he was in or accidentally stepping on him or something.

Some retaliation would also be nice. The humans might not threaten him in any way, but he's not gonna let them poke at him without swatting them away like annoying flies. Maybe something like casually swinging his tail behind him without looking back, knocking away tanks and battleships and the likes.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Welp GvK is apparently postponed till next November. For those who don't touch the spoilers thread.

Added in 5 minutes 24 seconds:
Hopefully they'll lay off any promotion for awhile. We don't need a repeat of KotM.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Welp GvK is apparently postponed till next November. For those who don't touch the spoilers thread.

Hopefully they'll lay off any promotion for awhile. We don't need a repeat of KotM.
Oh i praise to the gods they learned their lesson and made sure not to overpromote..

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Welp GvK is apparently postponed till next November. For those who don't touch the spoilers thread.

Oh i praise to the gods they learned their lesson and made sure not to overpromote..
Overpromote? They literally marketed no different than any other Blockbuster movie these days. If anything, they didn’t promote enough.
GO GO GOJI KUN

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Kotm clearly did alter their marketing plan when it was delayed from march to may.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Well poop, this one's gonna be a trashfire too. Bye bye Monsterverse. I'm just gonna leave the forums now. I'll be back if anything good happens.